Forums (I/O Tower)
Forums 
 TRON: LEGACY 
 TRON: LEGACY -- Now In Movie Theatres...! - Share your movie going experience here..!

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments: FirstPrevious Page: of 17 PagesNextLast
NickScratch
User

RE: TRON: LEGACY -- Now In Movie Theatres...! - Share your movie going experience here..!

on Sunday, December, 19, 2010 5:11 AM
I absolutely loooooooooooooooooved it! Already seen it twice :P

I loved the way the Games had the arcade game sounds.
At the part where the guard shoots the thing to grab Kevin's disc, that literally made me flinch the first time from the 3d, so it was good. Thankfully though, it was well done, it wasn't all that crap where the movie is only made for 3d so its just 2 hours of crap flying at you. Well...except the end where clu is grasping at the screen.....that looked a bit odd.
The first time i saw it I found the disc wars battle to be a bit hard to follow, but after seeing it a second time it was a bit easier.

One thing i noticed the second time seeing it though...

Quorra and Sam are riding in the light runner and quorra says the light cycles can't ride through the barrens or out lands or whatever it's called. Off grid. They'd malfunction. Then you know, the scenes where at the safe house. Then Sam leaves and goes back to the city...in Kevin's light cycle...

Wait...what? But...quorra said....alright....whatever...

I really liked how naive quorra was. It made sense. Like when she asks if Sam knows jules Verne and he's like yea sure and shes all What's he like?! I laughed.

Olivia wilde played quorra wonderfully. The little smile after Sam described the sun made me smile too, I was like aww...shes thinking about all the wonders of the user world she's never seen.

Anyway, all in all, I really enjoyed it and I really really really hope and pray there's another sequel. We all know Dillinger jr is gonna be the villain. I wanna see that!
where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

KiaPurity
User

RE: TRON: LEGACY -- Now In Movie Theatres...! - Share your movie going experience here..!

on Sunday, December, 19, 2010 8:01 AM
Murdock.dat Wrote:
Ah, F^*#!, I wish I hadn't read that. Thanks alot. The f'n post says impressions, not spoilers. Again, thanks alot.

( Even though I did make this prediction, I would have preferred to have come to that knowledge by actually watching the movie.)

http://www.tron-sector.com/forums/default.aspx?a=top&id=387014

I'm sorry? I thought I could post spoilers in this thread?? I didn't realize I needed a spoiler warning??

Either way, I may be wrong about what happened. I could have missed some dialogue about that since I can't hear........... where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

Kia: Cool. I'm a infamous mythological perfect User.

doctorclu
User

on Sunday, December, 19, 2010 8:05 AM
Thoughts after reading the reviews here from yesterday:

Yes I hope Dillinger Jr will become the next villian. He handled Sam Flynn's release of OS FLYNN 12 very well.

TRON is out there. We are given that much. I suspect that somehow they will make a reason for a younger face to play that part.

Sam is the new Flynn.

And Kevin Flynn I feel will be integrated into the next system that Sam builds. I think Sam will look for his father, but I believe with running Encom, and Dillinger Jr. there to be a thorn in his side, he might have more pressing concerns. I almost expect though that Kevin Flynn will be the spirit of the system for a while (like MA3A in the TRON 2 stories) and maybe at the end of the next movie Kevin Flynn is extracted from the system and able to be brought into the real world again.

I doubt Castor is dead. Or Gem. For someone so old and crafty I doubt anyone like that could have become so notable by simply standing there and letting someone blow them up. It was his bar, it was his rules. Probably had an escape hatch, tube, ect. Heck... force field? That has been seen in TRON movies.

I think in many ways this new film showed a transition from the old to the new. I believe that Bridges and Boxleitner will be involved, but looks like they were making ways for new players to step in. Glad to see that.

The system is being reboot and rebuilt. The old system before the reboot was a bit long in the tooth. I hope that the next rebuild has the color and detail a little more akin to the digital world we say in the first movie.

---------------------
Other thoughts:
Castor was a pretty useless character. Interesting, out there... yes. Useless... also yes. What was the point of that whole scene, aside from getting to the night life of the programs? The Daft Punk music in that scene was nice. The fighting was fun. But really, I think the character lost all credibility when he just danced on the ledge while Sam and Quorra were getting the dog stuffing knocked out of them.

Sure, I can see him being entertained by Sam fighting off the guards. Or even Quorra fighting. But when Quorra gets hurt and he doesn't bat an eye? Doesn't even "ACCIDENTALLY" shoot some of the guards to help even a little? Thought it was a bit of a sadist at that point.

I mean seriously, Castor was a freak. I would be scared to meet his user.
---------------------

Who else was wowed by how the Arcade was shown? Ok, we all know that arcade machines of that time have boot up sequences that take like 2 minutes, and a juke box wouldn't just start with a song.

But for a moment I was willing to suspend all disbelief and allow them to take us back to the 80's with the flip of a switch. It was like a party was stopped and frozen, and with that switch, the party was resumed years later. Seperate Ways with the rock thumping beat was a perfect example of the 80's feel.

Suddenly, despite owning almost a dozen home game systems, all with a total of nearly 2000 games combined, I suddenly have the urge to go find an arcade and blow $20. :P

Pilgrim1099
User

on Sunday, December, 19, 2010 8:33 AM
ShadowDragon1 Wrote:I think pretty much all the remaining files, programs and such from "the grid" was transfered to Sam's memory card.

Hopefully in the sequel (which I pray one is made) that Sam will upload all the data to a secure, modern server at Encom. Perhaps find a way to re-compile all the code that makes up Flynn. maybe the sequel can be titled " Tron: Rebirth "...

Its obvious he did because it shows him transferring data to his smart card on the phone. Ot paralells Flynn's file print outs from TRON 1. I called this out to others on the thread simce yesterday.

Three plot points for TRON 3 will be : Dillinger Jr, Quorra, Sam's memory card.

I suspect Sam will build a new server privately for home so that he can "visit" his father when he wants to. There has to be a threat worse than Dillinger Jr to warrant a team up of him and Sam so thst he redeems his family name.

I don't think its wise to bring villainy back to the Dillinger name for the sake of story freshness, not rehashing an old plot.

Anthropomorphis
User

on Sunday, December, 19, 2010 8:54 AM
Fygee Wrote:3. No "digital transition" animation: This one is obviously minor in the whole scope of the movie, but what's one of the most memorable moments in the first movie? The animation as Flynn is being digitized, and his journey through the system before he becomes a program. In Legacy, Sam is just zapped, and it's over in the blink of an eye.

Funny you mentioned this. I thought the same thing. But my main beef with that is that I think people new to Tron won't really have an idea how he got in this strange futuristic world. It doesn't help that you don't have a scene like the original of an orange becoming digitized and the whole process being explained.

Just tonight I saw it with someone who had never seen Tron before. And I found out she actually had no idea how Sam got there! But that's just one person. Maybe other people would be more savvy?

First time poster here by the way. Hi everyone!

Pilgrim1099
User

on Sunday, December, 19, 2010 9:01 AM
Anthropomorphis Wrote:
Fygee Wrote:3. No "digital transition" animation: This one is obviously minor in the whole scope of the movie, but what's one of the most memorable moments in the first movie? The animation as Flynn is being digitized, and his journey through the system before he becomes a program. In Legacy, Sam is just zapped, and it's over in the blink of an eye.

Funny you mentioned this. I thought the same thing. But my main beef with that is that I think people new to Tron won't really have an idea how he got in this strange futuristic world. It doesn't help that you don't have a scene like the original of an orange becoming digitized and the whole process being explained.

Just tonight I saw it with someone who had never seen Tron before. And I found out she actually had no idea how Sam got there! But that's just one person. Maybe other people would be more savvy?

First time poster here by the way. Hi everyone!

I've brought this up in one post and believe the reason they made the digitizing scene short was to show how fast and powerful the Shiva laser is compared to the 1982 version. The first one took a while to beam down while the new one is instant and you're there already.

Think of the first one having a 1200 baud modem to dial into the internet while the new one is like a T-1 internet connection. It's the closest analogy I can think of. One problem with the writing is they show Sam leaving the laser in the lab which is a VERY stupid thing to do which could fall into the wrong hands.

The other theory besides the portrayal of the Shiva laser's power and speed is maybe someone didn't find it necessary to prolong the digitizing sequence and 'get to it'. The flaw in that film is that they rushed from one scene to another as if they're in a hurry and it is not easy to stretch the story out when you have two worlds involved.

Tron 2 should have been a 3 hour movie, not 2 hours.

MutoidMan
User

on Sunday, December, 19, 2010 9:30 AM
I went in with high hopes and came out disappointed.

I'll probably like it a little more after I see it a few more times, but it would've been better had it not left me walking out of the theater having to really search for reasons to like it.order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pillabortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

"We are, after all, not God." - Cmdr. J. J. Adams
"C is for cookie. That's good enough for me." - Cookie Monster
"If money is the root of all evil, I'd like to be a bad, bad man." - Huey Lewis & the News

Most recent PC game collection update: 04/12/2012. Check it out!

Pilgrim1099
User

on Sunday, December, 19, 2010 9:32 AM
MutoidMan Wrote:I went in with high hopes and came out disappointed.

I'll probably like it a little more after I see it a few more times, but it would've been better had it not left me walking out of the theater having to really search for reasons to like it.

Don't blame the director on this one since he's new to a full length project, but the writers should take responsibility for the flaws and probably the editing staff as well. I have a feeling that there is a lot of shooting material that was edited out to meet the time requirement.abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

c1
User

on Sunday, December, 19, 2010 9:44 AM
Imbroglio Wrote:
i86time Wrote:
6. Why did the opening titles list the film (and the audio of many TV spots) as TRON (no Legacy)? Seems disrespectful to the original.

I thought I only saw just TRON in that sequence also, but I attributed it to not being able to see clearly because the 3d glasses kept slipping down over my regular glasses. So there wasn't Legacy under it after all.

Also in about all of the Tron Legacy Tv Spots at the end they say "Tron" with no legacy.

Pilgrim1099
User

on Sunday, December, 19, 2010 9:57 AM
Someone in one post mentioned TRON diving into the Sea of Simulation and could'nt understand why. I think I understand the intent there for the color to turn back to blue after he splashed in. This is probably related to the Greek mythology of rebirth from water, like a form of digital baptism and water cleansed his sins away. I wonder if the Sea of Simulation had healing qualities that Flynn never discovered.

Even though, from the ending we all saw, I don't think Tron is dead since he is probably safe from that digital implosion, or in suspended digital animation like Kevin Flynn/CLU.

flotilla
User

on Sunday, December, 19, 2010 10:26 AM
MutoidMan Wrote:I went in with high hopes and came out disappointed.

I'll probably like it a little more after I see it a few more times, but it would've been better had it not left me walking out of the theater having to really search for reasons to like it.

I feel exactly the same way.

It's weird when you have to watch a movie a 2nd or third time to see if you like it or not. If a movie is good, you should be able to walk out knowing it was good.

With Tron Legacy, I walked out searching for reasons to like it as well. One thing is for certain, the soundtrack is very good. I love it. Wish I could say the same for the rest of the film though.

xalener
User

on Sunday, December, 19, 2010 10:52 AM
So far it's pretty much word for word getting the same reviews the first one did.

You'll all like it eventually, I'm sure.

Alan: I was paged last night. Came from your dad's arcade
sam: So?
Alan: the number's been disconnected for 20 years!
Sam: THEN WHO WAS PAGER

Euphemizm
User

on Sunday, December, 19, 2010 11:13 AM
ShadowDragon1 Wrote:Pretty much all the remaining files, programs and such from "the grid" were transferred to Sam's memory card.

Hopefully in the sequel (which I pray one is made) that Sam will upload all the data to a secure, modern server at Encom. Perhaps find a way to re-compile all the code that makes up Flynn. maybe the sequel can be titled " Tron: Rebirth "...

From what I know... Tron is not dead. They tried to communicate that with the lights coming back on in the sea of sim.

Yes, Sam transferred the grid, programs, and world to his memory card. He shut down the main computer after this.

This was kind of hinted at in the script.

As far as what happened to Clu and Flynn,... no one knows. Nothing written yet.

The door was left open in case T:L does well.

where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

MCPcomputer
User

on Sunday, December, 19, 2010 1:14 PM

I really liked the movie!!

I like how they show what happened to Flynn after Encom and Allen Bradley etc..
I mean it's pretty cool!

The games and the battles were awesome!
Loved the light cycle scenes.

I liked how they repeated and refered to old lines from the original Tron. Like the identity disc. The disc battles were cool...

Jeff bridges was awesome...

I just saw the old one before the new one. I like how the story continues...

Flynn's arcade was awesome...

I think I know why some people didn't like it..
as a fan I felt they rushed the old stuff.. like when they talked about identity discs.
And new fans wouldn't know what the hell that line meant if they never saw the old one.

This story was new... some connection to the old story...
But I wasn't expecting it to be like the old one.

The classic Tron will always have that magical power to it.
The music, the emotion.... the power.. will probably never be duplicated...

But this new Tron... made a lot of dreams come true for me..
as far as how awesome the Tron world could look....
the soundtrack... when Flynn... showed his powers...
It was something else...!

But overall I liked it... I can see why some people have negative views about it...
overall it;'s much better than I expected.. so many surprises.. !

If can say one thing I didn't like.. everything seemed rushed.. I think because they tried to fit so much story in one movie...
The old Tron developed.. and in this one.. i seemed they wanted
to impress the people with the cool graphics.. and discs battles right off the bat!
But either way... I loved it..

Also TRON himself was not a very big part of the movie...
it was all about Flynn.. and Clu....

I just remember Tron saying he fights for the user one time...
it's stuff like that ... that probably made the movie get bad reviews...

you gotta include Tron more in his own movie lol...
But it's ok i knew it would be more about Flynn....

and overall i can't wait to see it again!!!

"I want him in the games until he dies playing" -MCP
The Grid a Physical Frontier funny Tron Videohttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaMViP_QtZ8

MCPcomputer
User

on Sunday, December, 19, 2010 1:15 PM

Oh yeah and I loved the Recognizer's Light Cycles, Disc battles and the new suits they wear. I also like the flying sailboat thing they rode on ... like the old one ...

The Grid a Physical Frontier funny Tron Videohttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaMViP_QtZ8

dasystem
User

Music For Users

on Sunday, December, 19, 2010 1:19 PM

MCPcomputer
User

on Sunday, December, 19, 2010 1:29 PM

Also I am a little dissapointed.. they were not PURE source drinking in this one!

Oh you forget how good the power feels until you get to a pure source!

bullet force
User

on Sunday, December, 19, 2010 1:41 PM
Finally, I couldn't believe to see the premiere on friday, and what an experience. Great CGI sfx, good story, but let's face it, for us that have seen the original Tron back in 1982 as teenagers, it didn't make the same impact 'cause it was the first of it's kind back then. Nowadays alll the sci-fi movies have great CGI sfx, Tron legacy took it on a higher level of course.
But overall, I still couldn't believe to see a sequel after all these years, and especially after the comic-con trailer in 2008 taped on a mobile phone, oh my !

Thank you again, really, thank you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A big hardcore fan of Tron world !

jedilearner
User

on Sunday, December, 19, 2010 3:05 PM
I feel this was a great film, very dark and moody and obviously made for those of us who grew up with the original. The 3-D depth-of-field was pretty spectacular, and I liked how most of the scenes in the "real world" were shot in 2-D, as if the electronic world was somehow more "real." Daft Punk's soundtrack was nothing short of incredible. Seeing Jeff Bridges and Bruce Boxleitner reprise their roles was a treat, although I have to admit I was hoping for more with the character of Tron.

There were a lot of nice throwbacks to the original. I'm a big Journey fan and the fact that they used another one of their songs was nice--and actually fitting for Sam and Kevin's situation, since the song is "Separate Ways (Worlds Apart)."

It was really nice to see "remastered" (I guess you could call them) versions of the recognizers, light cycles, solar sailer, and even the carrier.

I remember thinking many years ago that, if they made a sequel, it would be really cool to see someone jump into the air and have the light cycle form around them. I was very excited to see that they actually did this.

I have to give Alan Bradley mad kudos for staying at Encom all this time, because the company has obviously reverted back to the way it was (or worse) while Dillinger Sr. was running it, and it was sad for me to see that the executives were treating him so badly now that Flynn was no longer around. The fact that the son of the disgraced former Senior Exec was now on the board would have been enough for me to walk out the door.

The acting was solid throughout. I really liked Garrett Hedlund as Sam and I thought that Olivia Wilde did an excellent job of bringing childlike innocence to Quorra. Michael Sheen played Castor with a particularly outlandish flair (he reminded me in many ways of David Bowie, which may have been intentional) and added some great moments of comic relief. I agree that I would have liked to see more of his character.

Some other posters have said that Garrett Hedlund did not "emote" enough or seem at all surprised by his transition to the electronic world. I tend to disagree. Remember how easily his dad caught on to what was going on in the first film when he got pulled through? Also, at the beginning of the film, Kevin Flynn is telling Sam bedtime stories about his adventures in the Grid and how CLU came to be, and Sam had toys and statues of disc warriors and light cycles, so it seems unlikely that he would have been too shocked by anything he encountered once he realized he was on the Grid.

All in all, I loved it. I saw it in a theater that was nearly full, and most of the audience members seemed to be completely entranced by it. It is definitely a different, much darker and more "adult" movie than the original, but I think that was the point, since it seems geared more to the 30+ year-old fanboy crowd than the typical Disney audience of 5-10 year-olds. I feel it was definitely worth the long wait.order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

GuitarDinger
User

on Sunday, December, 19, 2010 6:34 PM
Greetings Programs:

Long time vistor to this site, first time poster.

I finally saw Tron Legacy today with my wife, we both loved it. I saw Tron as a kid when it came out, but it was really over my head. I saw it later as an adult and loved it. I really enjoyed all the tips to the 80's, Journey (Separate Ways) a Tron connection, and the Eurythmics tune was cool as well. The Black Hole reference ( I saw that in the theater as a kid) and Sam's PK Ripper, yeah I had one of those back in 1982.
It was just a fun show, great story, the effects were amazing, and it kept my attention the whole time. I would go see it again, and can't wait for Blu-Ray so I can have a Tron marathon.
Looking forward to the next one.

end of line

FirstPrevious Page: of 17 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON: LEGACY 
 TRON: LEGACY -- Now In Movie Theatres...! - Share your movie going experience here..!