Game Grid 
 Distributed Denial of Service - TRON RP

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments: FirstPrevious Page: of 7 PagesNextLast
rogeralans
User

RE: Distributed Denial of Service - TRON RP

on Saturday, August, 25, 2012 4:54 AM
Ayer listened to Spark tell him about his damages, and winced slightly. He went back to scrutinizing Zec, who was talking with the other program about light swords. The other program- Tarker- came over and said something to Spark, something about helping other programs? Then Ayer noticed the gash on her side... Ouch, how did she get that? Ayer then noticed the quiet thumping that was present. Ayer then realized that he must be in the back room of a club. There were shelves around the room, with supplies. There were 3 doors in the room. One had written on it, "Office", in binary. Then there was the door through which they had come in, he presumed. And finally there was a door at the far end of the room, from which music could be heard. He guessed that was the entry into the club. A light sword suddenly clicked on, and Ayer spun his head to the direction of the sword. Then he realized that there was no danger. Tarker apparently wanted some help in modifying his sword, Ayer had been a bit amused at the size of the blade. He turned his attention to Spark, or, her wound. It looked like a bad one. "How in the grid did you get that wound?" Ayer queried Spark.where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

If you're against bullying in all its forms, including cyber-bullying, copy and paste this into your profile or signature!

ShadowSpark
User

on Saturday, August, 25, 2012 3:48 PM
KingJ.exe Wrote:IC: "I'm a fair hand" He glanced over to Spark again. He momentarily considered taking her disk and trying to fix the problem himself, but he knew that he would probably do more harm than good. That, and Spark would probably derez him when she found out. "Just a sec Zec." He walked over and whispered, "Yknow Spark, if you derez from a wound in your side that you didn't take care of, you won't be able to help anyone else." He then returned to Zec. Pulling out his light sword baton and his recoder, he said, "What I was really meaning was if you were any good at recoding them. I was trying to make my sword larger, but I kinds got stuck after Ayer surprised me and I turned it on." He demonstrated the half finished sword. "Think you could help?"

rogeralans Wrote:Ayer listened to Spark tell him about his damages, and winced slightly. He went back to scrutinizing Zec, who was talking with the other program about light swords. The other program- Tarker- came over and said something to Spark, something about helping other programs? Then Ayer noticed the gash on her side... Ouch, how did she get that? Ayer then noticed the quiet thumping that was present. Ayer then realized that he must be in the back room of a club. There were shelves around the room, with supplies. There were 3 doors in the room. One had written on it, "Office", in binary. Then there was the door through which they had come in, he presumed. And finally there was a door at the far end of the room, from which music could be heard. He guessed that was the entry into the club. A light sword suddenly clicked on, and Ayer spun his head to the direction of the sword. Then he realized that there was no danger. Tarker apparently wanted some help in modifying his sword, Ayer had been a bit amused at the size of the blade. He turned his attention to Spark, or, her wound. It looked like a bad one. "How in the grid did you get that wound?" Ayer queried Spark.

Spark blinked up Tarker, then down at the wound on her side. It was slowly yet steadily bleeding energy and pixels. She sighed and pulled off her own disk. The interface opened and Spark's fingers spun through the code, neatly knitting up the damaged strings. Repairing one's own code was a painful process, but Spark had endured worse and there were very few programs she would trust to repair her code properly. That was one of the downsides of being nearly as complex as an ISO. She closed the interface and re-docked her disk, wincing as the wound closed. Another scar, she thought wryly. User repair was the only type that didn't leave scars. Spark absently rubbed the scars on her throat. All these cycles and it still hurts at times. Not to mention that I've got a growl that could put Rinzler's to shame.

Ayer's question pulled Spark from her thoughts and she turned to look at him. Picked it up in a light-jet crash, she replied. "I'm going to have to code a new jet from scratch." But that would have to wait. Spark was too tired to start a project right now.

{A very big thanks to FlynnOne for the pic! And to Wulfeous for sharpening the details!*huggles both*}
{Because people always seem to guess wrong, I'm saying it here: I'm female!!! And my name is Spark!!!}

Tron Lives!

Please click here to help my family out.

KingJ.exe
User

on Saturday, November, 03, 2012 11:20 PM
IC - Tarker: As Zec and Tarker worked on his new and improved lightblade, Tarker piped up. "So what's up with those zombie programs? I've never seen anything like them before. But then, this is my first time off my servers, so I may simply be ignorant."

OOC: Apologies if Zec didn't want to help with the sword. No one had posted since I left for two months, so I was antsy.where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

Watch me stream TRON 2.0 on my YouTube channel!
https://gaming.youtube.com/channel/UCvvT-h8JK4w1xgKavs35WHg/live

Find the archive here:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLf9ZcCtZm_CjonNAjms4wKN-p6UuiCMgZ

ShadowSpark
User

on Monday, November, 05, 2012 11:53 PM
Spark closed her eyes for a moment. She was tired. She was designed to survive in the low-energy environment of the Outlands, and as such, when she came into higher-energy environments - cities - she actually had to shield herself to avoid overload and damage. The shields were automatic, but if she focused, she could drop them. She rarely did so, as the result left her unsteady for cycles afterword, but she could do it.

The beat of the club's music pulsed though Spark's body, more felt than heard. She rubbed her eyes. The pulse was a familiar sensation now, and Spark thought back to a time in the old system, when Beck had offered to show her around Argon City.

---Flashback---

Spark looked from Beck to Tron and back. Beck was waiting for her answer to his offer. Spark looked at Tron again. The security program shrugged. "It's up to you, Spark," he said. "If you think your shields are up to it, you should go. If you're going to be staying here for a while, you should probably familiarize yourself with with the city."

Spark sighed. "Alright, I'll play tourist." Beck grinned at her, grabbed her hand, and pulled her towards the elevator. Tron smiled after them. Having Spark around would make life a bit more interesting.

Spark trailed after Beck, listening and cataloging the mechanic's words. She tensed as they passed a patrol of red-circuited sentries. Once the sentries were out of earshot, Spark relaxed. Beck shot her a questioning look. "I can't help it," she admitted. "I know that it's not likely, considering my circuit patterns have been changed, but if one of
them recognizes me, I'm dead, and so are any programs who are with me. It's instinct by now."

Spark checked her shield status and frowned at the results. "Beck, my shields are under severe strain. We should go."

Beck nodded and patted Spark's shoulder. "Okay. We'll head back."

---End Flashback---

Spark opened her eyes. She missed Beck and Tron. She wondered what had happened to them - that is, she wondered what had happened to Beck. She knew Tron's fate. Once I complete my mission here, I think I'll ask Sam's permission to look for Beck, she thought. I hope he survived whatever happened out there.

Spark looked up at the others. "I'm sorry, I wasn't paying attention. Did you ask me something?"

{A very big thanks to FlynnOne for the pic! And to Wulfeous for sharpening the details!*huggles both*}
{Because people always seem to guess wrong, I'm saying it here: I'm female!!! And my name is Spark!!!}

Tron Lives!

KingJ.exe
User

on Tuesday, November, 06, 2012 12:01 AM
IC - Tarker: Tarker looked up from the sword he and Zec were finishing up. "Oh, I was asking what was with the zombie-ish programs. I've never seen a program act like that before." Secretly, Tarker wondered what Spark was thinking about. She often got a far off look in her eyes. Maybe when this was all over, and he got back to the Grid, he'd have her show him some of the places she would frequent. Most of his short time there before his testing mission was spent training in Tron City and participating in the reformed games. He really should see some other parts of the Grid.

Find the archive here:

trekking95
User

on Monday, November, 12, 2012 9:03 PM
KingJ.exe Wrote:OOC: Apologies if Zec didn't want to help with the sword. No one had posted since I left for two months, so I was antsy.
OOC: Zec doesn't mind, just his user has been busy. What did I miss?

Thanks to FlynnOne for the signature!

Save Tron 3!

KingJ.exe
User

on Monday, November, 12, 2012 10:40 PM
OOC: all that happened is flashbacks and a question about the zombie programs.

Find the archive here:

trekking95
User

on Monday, November, 12, 2012 10:50 PM
KingJ.exe Wrote:OOC: all that happened is flashbacks and a question about the zombie programs.
OOC: Okay, I will go through the posts and see of I can make a response before tomorrow. Any specific way Zec should go or should I just answer the sword question? If so what was the sword thing about again?abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

Save Tron 3!

KingJ.exe
User

on Tuesday, November, 13, 2012 8:18 AM
OOC: whatever you think. The sword thing was just that my character was working on a custom sword, and got stuck.

Find the archive here:

ShadowSpark
User

on Tuesday, November, 13, 2012 11:28 AM
trekking95 Wrote:
KingJ.exe Wrote:OOC: all that happened is flashbacks and a question about the zombie programs.
OOC: Okay, I will go through the posts and see of I can make a response before tomorrow. Any specific way Zec should go or should I just answer the sword question? If so what was the sword thing about again?

KingJ.exe Wrote:OOC: whatever you think. The sword thing was just that my character was working on a custom sword, and got stuck.

{OOC: I've been posting flashbacks because there hasn't enough prompting from the other characters, so I'm trying to give prompts of my own. Maybe Zec could talk to Spark about something, or ask her questions? What she's been up to, how has her work been going, does she have any interesting info for him - maybe they trade information at times or something of that sort. Oh, and please try to keep OOC comments to the OOC thread. It makes things easier.}

Tron Lives!

trekking95
User

on Tuesday, November, 13, 2012 6:56 PM
ShadowSpark Wrote:
trekking95 Wrote:
OOC: Okay, I will go through the posts and see of I can make a response before tomorrow. Any specific way Zec should go or should I just answer the sword question? If so what was the sword thing about again?

KingJ.exe Wrote:OOC: whatever you think. The sword thing was just that my character was working on a custom sword, and got stuck.

{OOC: I've been posting flashbacks because there hasn't enough prompting from the other characters, so I'm trying to give prompts of my own. Maybe Zec could talk to Spark about something, or ask her questions? What she's been up to, how has her work been going, does she have any interesting info for him - maybe they trade information at times or something of that sort. Oh, and please try to keep OOC comments to the OOC thread. It makes things easier.}
OOC: I will get something in tonight. And I didn't know about a OOC thread, sorry. Where is it?

Save Tron 3!

KingJ.exe
User

on Tuesday, November, 13, 2012 9:45 PM
OOC: Here http://tron-sector.com/forums/default.aspx?a=top&id=444540&fc=446857#446857

Find the archive here:

trekking95
User

on Tuesday, November, 13, 2012 10:14 PM
KingJ.exe Wrote:OOC: Here http://tron-sector.com/forums/default.aspx?a=top&id=444540&fc=446857#446857
OOC: I knew of that thread but I didn't know it was the OOC thread because of the title. Thanks for the link though.

Save Tron 3!

LWSrocks2
User

on Friday, December, 21, 2012 4:59 AM
When Thane regained consciousness, he was in a dark, white room, and there was nothing else he could see but the man who sat across from him. "We have big plans for you," the shadowy figure said. "I've seen what you can do. It's quite impressive. You and your friends.... you're quite passionate about this, no? Fighting cyber terrorism, and what-not?"

"Let me go, you bastard," the words spilled forth from Thane's mouth without a second of thought. "Derrick, what the hell do you want?" His mind was still hazy. Derrick sauntered over to where Thane sat, and as Thane tried to reach up and strike a blow, he realized his arms and legs were tied to the chair. He looked into Derrick's orange glowing eyes; they revealed that he'd obviously been modified. Derrick approached Thane, and injected into him a vial of liquid he could not identify.

"Alright, Thane- consider yourself my first test subject," Derrick said as he sat back down. "You may have noticed some... programs. Zombie-like in nature, dim circuitry, you know they type."

"Yeah..." Thane started. He grew worried, and began to mentally connect the dots about what Derrick's injection had been.

"They're members of our botnet. We're building this botnet as a lead up to a massive attack on all the major piracy sites. Not just a temporary denial of service, but a permanent one. Pirate Bay, uTorrent, 4Shared, MediaFire, Zippyshare.... all of them, servers dead in the blink of an eye. Problem is, your cronies have been killing all of our bots. They're too obvious. We needed a way of keeping our bots more discreet."

"What the fuck did you put inside of me?"

"A NEW virus. It adds you to our growing botnet, and no dim circuitry or zombie hive-mind mannerisms. You are the same person, you just happen to infect every person you come in contact with. And when we need you, ONLY when we need you, you snap. Become our mind-slave, and do our bidding. Thank you, Thane. Good luck. It's best you stay indoors."

The ropes around Thanes appendages untied themselves, and a door opened behind Thane. He jumped up, reached over to punch Derrick, but moments before his fist hit his face, it stopped in midair and froze up. "I think you're forgetting that mind-slave bit. Now, please, go on ahead. We no longer need you."

Begrudgingly, Thane left. Approaching the street in the middle of the city, he got his bearings and figured out what part of the city he was in. He found a calender. He had been gone for much longer than it felt like. Spark and Tarker are probably looking for me right now, he thought. I better go and find them.
OOC: Alright, I've been gone for awhile. My computer stopped working and smartphones simply don't lend themselves to RP posting But now I am able to post again, and even though the thread has lied dormant for awhile, we can maybe manage to start up. Forgive me if I don't know what's happened recently; I was only able to skim the recent posts and I am liable to make continuity mistakes :P If you could give me a brief summary of what I need to know, that'd be great.

Also, I hope my decision to use third person instead of first person isn't weird.

ShadowSpark
User

on Friday, December, 21, 2012 1:43 PM
LWSrocks2 Wrote:When Thane regained consciousness, he was in a dark, white room, and there was nothing else he could see but the man who sat across from him. "We have big plans for you," the shadowy figure said. "I've seen what you can do. It's quite impressive. You and your friends.... you're quite passionate about this, no? Fighting cyber terrorism, and what-not?"

"Let me go, you bastard," the words spilled forth from Thane's mouth without a second of thought. "Derrick, what the hell do you want?" His mind was still hazy. Derrick sauntered over to where Thane sat, and as Thane tried to reach up and strike a blow, he realized his arms and legs were tied to the chair. He looked into Derrick's orange glowing eyes; they revealed that he'd obviously been modified. Derrick approached Thane, and injected into him a vial of liquid he could not identify.

"Alright, Thane- consider yourself my first test subject," Derrick said as he sat back down. "You may have noticed some... programs. Zombie-like in nature, dim circuitry, you know they type."

"Yeah..." Thane started. He grew worried, and began to mentally connect the dots about what Derrick's injection had been.

"They're members of our botnet. We're building this botnet as a lead up to a massive attack on all the major piracy sites. Not just a temporary denial of service, but a permanent one. Pirate Bay, uTorrent, 4Shared, MediaFire, Zippyshare.... all of them, servers dead in the blink of an eye. Problem is, your cronies have been killing all of our bots. They're too obvious. We needed a way of keeping our bots more discreet."

"What the fuck did you put inside of me?"

"A NEW virus. It adds you to our growing botnet, and no dim circuitry or zombie hive-mind mannerisms. You are the same person, you just happen to infect every person you come in contact with. And when we need you, ONLY when we need you, you snap. Become our mind-slave, and do our bidding. Thank you, Thane. Good luck. It's best you stay indoors."

The ropes around Thanes appendages untied themselves, and a door opened behind Thane. He jumped up, reached over to punch Derrick, but moments before his fist hit his face, it stopped in midair and froze up. "I think you're forgetting that mind-slave bit. Now, please, go on ahead. We no longer need you."

Begrudgingly, Thane left. Approaching the street in the middle of the city, he got his bearings and figured out what part of the city he was in. He found a calender. He had been gone for much longer than it felt like. Spark and Tarker are probably looking for me right now, he thought. I better go and find them.

Spark's head snapped up as an alert signaled in her message queue. It's Thane. His signal's back online. Spark pulled up her map of the city, looking for the green dot that marked her partner's location. Frowning, Spark collapsed the map and stood up. "Thane's signal's back online. I'm going to go pick him up and see what's happened."

With a nod to the others, Spark left the club, rezzing in her lightcycle and heading through the city without even thinking about the route she was taking. The fact that there was little to no traffic, that there were very few programs about made Spark worry. This isn't good. I'd expect this during the down-cycle, but not this early in run-time. Catching sight of Thane in an alley, Spark breathed a soft sigh of relief and pulled to a stop next to the green program. She collapsed her lightcycle and walked over to him. "Thane! Where in the system have you been? You're signal's been offline for almost a full cycle!"

Spark ran a quick scan over Thane and frowned at what she saw. Something was clinging to Thane's code, something not right. What is that? she wondered. I'll take a closer look back at the club. Spark rezzed in her lightcycle once more. "Get on. I don't you riding alone until I've had a chance to look through your code and check for any damage."

LWSrocks2 Wrote:OOC: Alright, I've been gone for awhile. My computer stopped working and smartphones simply don't lend themselves to RP posting But now I am able to post again, and even though the thread has lied dormant for awhile, we can maybe manage to start up. Forgive me if I don't know what's happened recently; I was only able to skim the recent posts and I am liable to make continuity mistakes :P If you could give me a brief summary of what I need to know, that'd be great.

Also, I hope my decision to use third person instead of first person isn't weird.

{OOC: Okay, summary: Most of the group - including Spark, Tarker, Zec, and Ayer have taken refuge at Zec's club in order to make repairs and plan. I'm not really certain as to what's going on with the bad guys, because as the leader of them, that's (Derrick's)your prerogative.}on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill online

Tron Lives!

LWSrocks2
User

on Friday, December, 21, 2012 7:35 PM
Oh no, he thought. Why didn't I think of this? If she gets too close, I might infect her... "Spark," he started as she beckoned him over to his light-cycle. "I don't think that's such a good idea. They infected me with something. I'm one of their bots now. If I come in contact with you, the virus might spread. I have to lay low and keep myself away from others until I can figure out a way to get rid of this. A simple code extraction might work, but I don't know how strong this stuff is."
OOC: It might be best to see if we can get the other people back on

ShadowSpark
User

on Friday, December, 21, 2012 8:23 PM
LWSrocks2 Wrote:Oh no, he thought. Why didn't I think of this? If she gets too close, I might infect her... "Spark," he started as she beckoned him over to his light-cycle. "I don't think that's such a good idea. They infected me with something. I'm one of their bots now. If I come in contact with you, the virus might spread. I have to lay low and keep myself away from others until I can figure out a way to get rid of this. A simple code extraction might work, but I don't know how strong this stuff is."

Spark's frown deepened and she pulled out a quarantine patch. Before Thane could stop her, she stepped behind him and slapped the patch onto his disk. As she touched him, she felt the viral code try to latch onto her and be shaken off by her firewalls. "My firewalls are advanced enough to fight it off, don't worry. But you can't extract it on your own. You'll need help." She shook her head. "That patch will hold it and Zec's got a room that we can use for quarantine while I get you fixed up."

Overriding Thane's protests, Spark pulled him onto the back of her cycle and headed back towards the club. "What happened to you?" she asked. "You said they infected you, who's they?"

LWSrocks2 Wrote:OOC: It might be best to see if we can get the other people back on

{OOC: They'll come back eventually.}order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pillwhere to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

Tron Lives!

LWSrocks2
User

on Friday, December, 21, 2012 8:48 PM
Thane was unsure of whether the quarantine patch would be able to prevent spread of the virus, but he trusted Spark, and even though he knew she didn't like him all too much, he wanted to be on her good side. They made a good team, and he knew he'd need her even more what with Derick's plans. "Derrick... he must've apprehended me while I was at the Pirate Bay. He kept me there, unconscious for awhile, and I don't really know where he took me. All I know is, I woke up across from him at a table, tied to the chair and unable to move. He gave me his 'we have big plans' speech and then gave me the virus." He waited, and tried to gather his thoughts. "That dumbass told me his exact plan, word for word. He told me they were trying to build a massive botnet and take down major piracy sites. I wouldn't be surprised though if he was misleading us a bit, though. I mean, think about it. His plan was to tell me his exact intentions word for word, and then just... send me on my way? Didnt' think I'd tell you anything about it? His whole speech reeks of misinformation."

ShadowSpark
User

on Friday, December, 21, 2012 9:48 PM
LWSrocks2 Wrote:Thane was unsure of whether the quarantine patch would be able to prevent spread of the virus, but he trusted Spark, and even though he knew she didn't like him all too much, he wanted to be on her good side. They made a good team, and he knew he'd need her even more what with Derick's plans. "Derrick... he must've apprehended me while I was at the Pirate Bay. He kept me there, unconscious for awhile, and I don't really know where he took me. All I know is, I woke up across from him at a table, tied to the chair and unable to move. He gave me his 'we have big plans' speech and then gave me the virus." He waited, and tried to gather his thoughts. "That dumbass told me his exact plan, word for word. He told me they were trying to build a massive botnet and take down major piracy sites. I wouldn't be surprised though if he was misleading us a bit, though. I mean, think about it. His plan was to tell me his exact intentions word for word, and then just... send me on my way? Didn't think I'd tell you anything about it? His whole speech reeks of misinformation."

Spark made a thoughtful sound as she guided the cycle through the nearly-silent city. "The best lies often contain a kernel of truth," she said. "I suspect that he wants us to go chasing our tails looking for the nodes of his net. But if I can get your code clear, we may be able to get the drop on him."

Spark felt Thane shift against her back, and spoke again to answer the question she felt from him. "If I can pull the root-code and reconstruct it, I'll be able to trace the path it came from and that could lead us directly to the start node of the net. But even if we can't get that far, I'll be able to reconfigure the firewalls to keep the rest of you from getting damaged any further." They reached the club and Spark collapsed her lightcycle. "Come on, let's get you to the quarantine room so I can take a closer look at your code."

Tron Lives!

LWSrocks2
User

on Friday, December, 21, 2012 10:11 PM
Thane followed Spark into Zec's club. "Alright, do whatever you can. The sooner this code is out of my system the faster I can get back to the streets and get back to work." He sat down on one the chairs and looked at everybody, and saw some unfamiliar faces. "Hey Tarker," he waved. He looked at some of the other people in the club, "You must be Zec. For those of you unfamiliar," he made eye contact with Ayer, "My name is Thane."

FirstPrevious Page: of 7 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 Game Grid 
 Distributed Denial of Service - TRON RP