TRON: UPRISING 
 TRON: UPRISING - The Series Premiere

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments: FirstPrevious Page: of 4 PagesNextLast
ShadowDragon1
User

RE: TRON: UPRISING - The Series Premiere

on Thursday, June, 07, 2012 11:11 PM
HooDooMan Wrote:I watched Part 1 on TV and Part 2 at the Disney website. Both episodes are fantastic! This whole series is going to be awesome!

It is a lot to digest so I'm sure there will be much more discussion as we all get a chance to watch and re-watch these episodes. The rez-up sound of the Encom 786 gave me chills when I heard it. There are several very cool homages to the original TRON movie sprinkled throughout the episodes.

The animation combined with the CG is really fantastic, but when you add in the incredible sound design, it transforms this show from extraordinary into something truly magnificent! I had the surround sound cranked up and it was a feast for the ears as well as the eyes!

I like the fact that most of the programs have some type of distortion to their voices. I think I even detected some distortion in Beck and Cutler's voices as well, slight though it may be.

The nightclub scene was pretty cool. The nod to Daft Punk with what looked like two female DJ's was awesome as well! I like the way they portrayed Mara's dancing. Perl seems to be an interesting character. She seems like that tough upbringing, grew up on the wrong side of the tracks, hangs out with the wrong crowd, type of girl. I think she's gonna get mixed up with Paige and become her little protege or spy. But maybe in the end, she'll see the error of her ways and turn away from "the dark side".

I'm so looking forward to the rest of this series! We're back on the Grid, Programs! The Uprising has begun!!

QFT 100% agreed. Awesome two-parter. abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

"The film is about finding human connection in an increasingly digital world." - Joseph Kosinski

_Masquerade_
User

on Thursday, June, 07, 2012 11:17 PM
I accidentally watched Part 2 before Part 1 I am totally in love with all the different characters introduced in Uprising. They're so unique and interesting! They still appear to have a ton of developing as well, which is really exciting! With every episode I watch, the series just keeps getting better.

Another thing, is it possible that anyone's recorded that commercial with "evil" Beck? I would love to see that!

_Masquerade_

cirlin
User

on Thursday, June, 07, 2012 11:36 PM
LIT Wrote:We also had a cameo appearance of !!!
I know I loved that! I so want him to be a part of every episode. It's so rgeat to see stuff from the first movie having a part in the story. I also loved that so many sound effects from the first movie were used, like the tank firing and the white lightcycle.
where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

LWSrocks2
User

on Thursday, June, 07, 2012 11:43 PM
Is Cutler supposed to become a recurring character or is he a.... bit part? *Put Completely Intended*abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

Cyberwolven
User

on Friday, June, 08, 2012 2:16 AM
I really enjoyed this episode. The Tag team battle was really fun to watch.

The club scene with Zed was pretty funny. He's quite upset that he's only 'friends' with Mara. Poor guy didn't realize that he was being used until the end.

The end was a bit of a cliffhanger. I wanted to see what was happening next!

I'm cold and calculating. Don't press my buttons.

ShadowSpark
User

on Friday, June, 08, 2012 2:46 AM
I loved it!! And I caught the second part online, so that's cool too! Really looking forward to the next one!!

----

This will probably be my last post for a while, I'm afraid, because my computer has decided to pick up a very nasty virus. As soon as I open an application and make two moves with it - i.e. open the internet and go to a site, or open a word document and try to paste something, it freezes and i have to do a force-shut-down. I can't even get my disk defragmentor to work. So Dad is trying to disinfect it, and I'm using an old laptop of his to post this. I watched the second half of tonight's episode of Uprising on the family desktop, so I'm not completely out of the loop. Anyway, I'll check back as soon as I can. I'll probably use this computer to check in tomorrow if mine's still not working. Too bad I can't get Tron(or Beck, I'd take either of them at this point) to give me a hand. Oh well. Talk to you all later, I guess.order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

{A very big thanks to FlynnOne for the pic! And to Wulfeous for sharpening the details!*huggles both*}
{Because people always seem to guess wrong, I'm saying it here: I'm female!!! And my name is Spark!!!}

Tron Lives!

Please click here to help my family out.

Sso02V
User

on Friday, June, 08, 2012 5:27 AM
LWSrocks2 Wrote:Is Cutler supposed to become a recurring character or is he a.... bit part? *Put Completely Intended*
I thought he was supposed to be Bartik before he got named.order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pillwhere to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

cool83
User

on Friday, June, 08, 2012 10:53 AM
I never did see bit. I'll have to watch it again. By the way, does everyone have the "bit" app for their android phones? I do, and it's uncanny how accurate it can be. Download it if you don't have it yet.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nooleus.android.bit

emdeesee
User

on Friday, June, 08, 2012 12:40 PM
cool83 Wrote:
I never did see bit.   I'll have to watch it again.   By the way, does everyone have the "bit" app for their android phones?   I do, and it's uncanny how accurate it can be.

I'll bet it's right roughly 50% of the time!

emdeesee
User

on Friday, June, 08, 2012 1:04 PM
I enjoyed it overall - even better than "Beck's Beginning". The animation style, the action - all good. I really like the way Tron is depicted, for example. His face looks so obviously like Tron from the movies without looking like some artist is trying to draw Bruce Boxleitner.

Highlights (in no particular order):
  • I didn't notice: did the bit ever say "NO!"...?
  • The sets; I love the look of the Grid in Uprising.
  • Tron fans now have a sekrit hand sign they can flash to identify one another.
  • I guess the Friend Zone exists in the Grid too.

I wish the characterizations were more subtle. Okay, I get it: Beck is reluctant; Zed is a dork, etc. (I do realize, though, that I'm waaaay outside the demographic Uprising is aimed at...)

I hope the Tron/Rinzler transformation is handled well, and that it has no effect on the continuity presented in Legacy. My money is on that being part of a season ending cliffhanger.

BrathAttack
User

on Friday, June, 08, 2012 2:16 PM
Wow...watched part 1 last night & will have to check out part 2 later today since it's already up.

All I can say is WOW! All the homages to the movies while still keeping the overall theme of the Tron universe! Great stuff. Can't wait for more.

Welcome to the Grid Program.
End of Line

Oniell Ford
User

on Friday, June, 08, 2012 11:49 PM
Absolutely loving the series. Me & my brother coined a name for Clu's forces: Neon-Nazis.

My username on TRON 2.0 is VWrath.User
If you want to play, PM me on this site or contact me on Steam.

"Tron is the jesus of breakfast cerials" - Ticklemetastic (A TRON fan on Steam)

Argent
User

on Saturday, June, 09, 2012 5:48 PM
I watched part 1 through the Disney X D website link provided, and was floored. This has surpassed my expectations, and those were already running high after seeing Beck's Beginning.

Then I attempted to watch part 2, and the video wouldn't play. Instead I get a message informing me that this content is only available in certain countries.

I'm in the US.

Any idea when this will be accessible for US viewers? And if it's already supposed to be viewable online here in the US now, what do I need to do in order to actually see it?

Thank you in advance for your assistance, programs.

TRON.dll
User

on Saturday, June, 09, 2012 5:56 PM
Watched parts 1 and 2. Personally, I liked part 2 more, but I think that's mainly because of the larger focus on the arena games and Beck actually donning his Tron "disguise". Also, light boats.

SPOILER... Mouse Over To Read:
Wasn't Quorra supposed to appear in a flashback in this episode? Or did they just announce that for a random future episode?

Argent Wrote:Then I attempted to watch part 2, and the video wouldn't play. Instead I get a message informing me that this content is only available in certain countries.

I'm in the US.

I got that message, as well. I was about 3/4 through part 2 and it stopped, telling me I couldn't watch it because of the country I'm in (US). I think it's just a site glitch, since it worked when I re-navigated to the page (http://disneyxd.com/tron/).

Alternatively, you may also want to make sure you have your parents' permission before logging on. That's the only official support I can provide.where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

TRON 2.0 (PC) name - TRON.dll
I'll play any mode, but I'm best at LC.

PSN - TRON-dll
XBOX Live/Games for Windows Live - TRONdll
-I have a Wii, DS, and 3DS. PM me to exchange friend codes.

Argent
User

on Saturday, June, 09, 2012 6:34 PM
TRON.dll Wrote:
Wasn't Quorra supposed to appear in a flashback in this episode? Or did they just announce that for a random future episode?

In a random future episode, from what I understand.

TRON.dll Wrote:
I got that message, as well. I was about 3/4 through part 2 and it stopped, telling me I couldn't watch it because of the country I'm in (US). I think it's just a site glitch, since it worked when I re-navigated to the page (http://disneyxd.com/tron/).

Alternatively, you may also want to make sure you have your parents' permission before logging on. That's the only official support I can provide.

*laugh!* I'm long past the days of 'ask your parents' permission', but I appreciate the followup. It finally played properly after I refreshed the page a couple of times, but it's strange that the player misbehaves like that.

I think I enjoyed Part 2 a bit more overall, myself, though that's hardly a slight against Part 1. It really comes down to the fact that Part 1 is the setup for both storylines, while Part 2 provides the payoff. And in both cases, the payoff was satisfying. (I particularly liked how the Beck/Cutler and Zed/Mara plots intersected briefly during the chase sequence.)

It's strange. So far, I'm feeling more satisfied with Uprising so far than I did with Legacy, which is something I never really expected to hear myself say.

HooDooMan
User

on Saturday, June, 09, 2012 11:52 PM
TRON.dll Wrote:

It's the July 5th episode.on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill online

cirlin
User

on Sunday, June, 10, 2012 12:17 AM
emdeesee Wrote:I hope the Tron/Rinzler transformation is handled well, and that it has no effect on the continuity presented in Legacy. My money is on that being part of a season ending cliffhanger.
In one of the interviews with Bruce Boxleitner on youtube he mentions that they haven't gotten to any of that stuff this season, so it would be season 2 at the earliest (assuming there is a season 2).

cirlin
User

on Sunday, June, 10, 2012 12:20 AM
TRON.dll Wrote:Watched parts 1 and 2. Personally, I liked part 2 more, but I think that's mainly because of the larger focus on the arena games and Beck actually donning his Tron "disguise". Also, light boats.

Argent Wrote:Then I attempted to watch part 2, and the video wouldn't play. Instead I get a message informing me that this content is only available in certain countries.

I'm in the US.

Alternatively, you may also want to make sure you have your parents' permission before logging on. That's the only official support I can provide.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who had that problem. It was really freaking me out because for some reason it would default google.com to the Portuguese version, so it was somehow tricking the browser into thinking I was from another country. I finally cleared my cache in both IE and Firefox and it worked again.

ShadowSpark
User

on Monday, June, 11, 2012 12:06 AM
I can't remember who it is, but someone on here has text in their signature that says: "What do you call a program who brings a disk to a lightcycle match? Derezzed."

So my response to that is: Not from Beck and Cutler's perspective. They did just fine.order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

{A very big thanks to FlynnOne for the pic! And to Wulfeous for sharpening the details!*huggles both*}
{Because people always seem to guess wrong, I'm saying it here: I'm female!!! And my name is Spark!!!}

Tron Lives!

Please click here to help my family out.

HooDooMan
User

on Monday, June, 11, 2012 12:06 AM
Apparently, Disney has now removed the episode, "The Renegade, Part 2", from their website. I just went to the Disney site and it's not there on the videos page anymore. Part 1 is still available, but Part 2 seems to have been taken down. I guess they are waiting until after Thursday when the episode airs to "make it available" again.

I really wish Disney could get their act together when it comes to promoting this franchise. It's infuriating when they do stuff like this.

SIGH....

FirstPrevious Page: of 4 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON: UPRISING 
 TRON: UPRISING - The Series Premiere