Forums (I/O Tower)
Forums 
 TRON: LEGACY 
 TRON: LEGACY -- Now In Movie Theatres...! - Share your movie going experience here..!

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments: FirstPrevious Page: of 17 PagesNextLast
Imbroglio
User

RE: TRON: LEGACY -- Now In Movie Theatres...! - Share your movie going experience here..!

on Friday, December, 17, 2010 1:59 PM
Thing that really bothers me is where would the carrier rezz in the real world if it got through? The entire city block would have been leveled if it was in the small basement room in the arcade and all of the programs would have been killed. Also if Clu got out by himself what could he actually do besides get locked up in a mental hospital ranting about wanting to destroy imperfection.

IMO the movie should have been about everything that took place before Legacy. Flynn building the new grid, the betrayal by Clu, more story about Quorra, Tron getting corrupted, etc.

Ion
User

RE: TRON: LEGACY -- Now In Movie Theatres...! - Share your movie going experience here..!

on Friday, December, 17, 2010 2:39 PM
Just saw the Tron premiere in 3D last night at midnight here in Grand Junction, CO, US. It took me a little while to process but I just want to say that I really loved this movie. There was just so much cool stuff going on. Interesting plot, solid acting and absolutely AMAZING visuals!!! I need to see it at least one or two more times in the theater before buying it on blu-ray. Surprisingly the theater was only half-full but I have a feeling that this film will be a sleeper hit and a mainstream success. Hopefully it will spawn a sequel as well. The TRON universe is just too visually interesting and fresh to not explore it more. I way prefer it to the Star Wars universe anymore.

The only things I missed experiencing in the movie were:
*The Tron theme,
*More explanation on what happened to Tron.
*I wish there had been a longer segue into the digital world...I love the transition and music in the first...it's so atmospheric and makes it feel like you're going deep into the computer (not sure if that makes sense to anyone else)
*AND lastly, I wish they had shown more of an intermediate technology stage in the flashbacks to bridge the artistic changes.

What I LOVED was everything, especially the story, seeing Jeff Bridges playing Flynn again really takes the cake. the spin with CLU being the Antagonist, Quorra, Castor, and basically all the characters played their parts brilliantly. The 3D was mesmerizing, the soundtrack was epic. The storyline and plot was nostalgic...just everything about it was killer.

I LOVED THIS MOVIE order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

Sub-Odeon
User

on Friday, December, 17, 2010 2:42 PM
I really don't get why plot is bothering people on this one. The first movie didn't have a superbly complex plot either. It was a rather straight-forward plot, in fact, and there were holes too. But it didn't matter because the original tron had HEART and so does TRON LEGACY. I write fiction at pro level and if there is one thing I have learned over the years, plot really doesn't matter as much as things like heart, and getting the reader/audience to react on an emotional level. So between TL's stunning visuals and imaginative revisioning of the cyberverse, and the classic tale of the lost son trying to find and recover his lost father -- it works beautifully.

One more thought: Avatar had a very straightforward story too. We'd seen it all before, several times, but that didn't stop people from loving it. I think you have to respect when something touches people like that. And while films like Transformers have so little plot and too much action, it's overboard, I thought TRON LEGACY had a serviceable plot "skeleton" and good emotional pull between Sam and Flynn, as well as Flynn and CLU, and Quorra too.on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill onlineorder abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pillabortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

IsoLine
User

on Friday, December, 17, 2010 2:58 PM
I know one thing that is going to make some veiwers happy. That for a PG movie it is "clean" in the language department so they won't have to worry about little kids and cursing. abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

"Word to the Motherboard!" - IsoLine

Sub-Odeon
User

on Friday, December, 17, 2010 3:11 PM
IsoLine Wrote:I know one thing that is going to make some veiwers happy. That for a PG movie it is "clean" in the language department so they won't have to worry about little kids and cursing.

I think Sam says "Damn" once, which is about as far as the last movie went. Heck, there isn't even a nice juicy kiss in TL, whereas the original had Flynn planting a nice one on the lovely Yori.

TRONtastic
User

on Friday, December, 17, 2010 3:16 PM
Went to the midnight showing last night and it was a full theater! I wanted to dress up in my make-shift tron outfit (Black clothes with tape ) but my mom told me no >where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill onlineabortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

IsoLine
User

on Friday, December, 17, 2010 3:21 PM
TRONtastic Wrote:Went to the midnight showing last night and it was a full theater! I wanted to dress up in my make-shift tron outfit (Black clothes with tape ) but my mom told me no >

RenegadeProgram
User

on Friday, December, 17, 2010 3:38 PM
Hey GameCraze:

You live in KY? Whereabouts? I'm not too far - depending on where you live. Hope to see TL tomorrow at the Rave Motion Pictures in West Chester, OH.

Damn! I really wanna see it today, but gotta do some housecleaning as the Wife, Daughter, and I are leaving EARLY Monday morning, driving 12-hours to NC to spend the holidays with Family. May have to wait til next week to see it. Can't Wait! My Wife is like, "Well, you've waited 28 years - a few more days won't kill you!", LOL!!!!! True - but to us TRONITES, others just don't understand like we do. Hit me back when you get a chance. PEACE! End of Line. where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

Fighting for TRON, The USERS, Both Flynns, Independents, and the mighty ISOs since '82.

RenegadeProgram
User

on Friday, December, 17, 2010 3:42 PM
Jonwes, I feel you and everyone else about these myopia-stricken critics. Seems they are paid to simply trash movies, especially anything that involves science fiction, and it just proves something more and more to me - that there are way too many close-minded people out there who don't even make an effort to understand science fiction. Funny thing is, scifi is pretty much becoming reality - from the way Jeff Bridges was scanned with a laser in real life to create young Flynn and Clu, to the Microsoft TouchWall which looks like the HUDs that Tom Cruise's character used in Minority Report, to several other examples. In closing, these anti sci-fi folks are going to have to deal with it one way or another. The question is - will they be able to?

Fighting for TRON, The USERS, Both Flynns, Independents, and the mighty ISOs since '82.

TRONtastic
User

on Friday, December, 17, 2010 3:47 PM
@Isoline Now that you mention it. Castor does seem like the kind of character who would have an emergency escape plan O.o He probably will be in the next movie and I'm pretty interested in what they pull out to say how he escaped lol
Ehhh....To each his own about Jarvis
Ed Dillinger Jr? Well as long as they don't do Sark 2 then I'm good.

jonwes
User

on Friday, December, 17, 2010 4:29 PM

Discuss it on tron-sector.com here.

Tr2ff
User

on Friday, December, 17, 2010 4:32 PM
(Edited with Spoiler boxes where I thought may be a spoiler, if I overlooked something that should, let me know)

Just returned form seeing it here in Grapevine. Saw it in 2d as 3d gives me headaches, and how I wanted to see this in 3d

Summary: Really enjoyed it. Loved? Not sure, still digesting it some. Will I see it again? I'm going to try. Will I buy it on Blu Ray? Definitely.

SPOILER... Mouse Over To Read:
I think one thing that bugged me was glossing over the ISOs plot. It kinda went by me fast and I didn't quite get how ISOs will change the world. I know they just sorta came together, they're radically different from programs and somehow they're this miracle *thing* for solving everything. Just wasn't sure how to get the ISOs and what they are/can do, to the real world and make all right with the (real) world.

BUT...it was sort of a minor plot-point I missed.

I think my biggest problem was (is) I'm too much of an original fan and hold it's nostalgia too close. To clarify:

I miss Wendy Carlos' theme - I kept hoping Daft Punk would slip it in somewhere. Don't get me wrong, I loved Daft Punk's music and plan to get the soundtrack...not hearing Tron's theme is like missing an old friend.

Didn't like the new solar sailor. The original had MUCH better lines and looked like a last-minute throw together.

Some of the Clu/Young Flynn looked more like a quality from an XBox cut-scene than from a movie, and I was disappointed. I think the worst examples were the flashback of Flynn touching that mirror thing to create Clu, and near the end when Flynn was trying to reintegrate Clu. These just made me think "Oh, the special effects department sort of dropped the ball" bringing me back to "Oh, this is a movie" instead of keeping me immersed in the movie.

SPOILER... Mouse Over To Read:
Tron - probably my biggest gripe. Only time we "see" him are in flashbacks and only for brief few seconds. Putting Tron in the role he had seemed more like a "Well, it IS called Tron, I guess we should put him in there somewhere." Even a revelation near the end where he unmasks and see a young Bruce Boxleitner would have improved my opinion of this immensely.

Now don't get wrong, I still enjoyed the movie a lot. I enjoyed taking my kids to it and they enjoyed it. I loved Flynn's Zen thing going on as well as the movie as a whole.

And I'll even be the first to admit, sometimes I look way too deeply into things for my own good.

"You won, ok? IT'S JUST A GAME!"
"Not anymore."

IsoLine
User

on Friday, December, 17, 2010 4:45 PM
TRONtastic Wrote:@Isoline Now that you mention it. Castor does seem like the kind of character who would have an emergency escape plan O.o He probably will be in the next movie and I'm pretty interested in what they pull out to say how he escaped lol

Well, lets just say Jarvis reminds me of some "brownnosers" I use to work with. Worse of one of them was the bosses son so.....

Yeah, I could totally dig Castor's sliminess. He's a bad apple I could like from a distance.abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

Sub-Odeon
User

on Friday, December, 17, 2010 4:46 PM
jonwes Wrote:I thought this article was good:

http://www.npr.org/blogs/alltechconsidered/2010/12/17/132142891/what-the-critics-don-t-get-about-tron

I loved this. It's almost as if the great TRON fan uprising is finally taking place! We won't play third fiddle in the science fiction and film industry anymore! We love TRON and we're going to show our support!

--- BEGINNING OF LINE! ---

ravenxau
User

on Friday, December, 17, 2010 4:52 PM
Date/Time:- 1.15pm, Dec 16th 2010
Viewing Conditions:- 3D, Small Cinema (approx capacity 200)

After much anticipation, Tron Legacy had finally arrived!!! - The Theater, while small had on only about 20 people for the screening. This suited me fine as I am not a big fan of crowds at the best of times (the beauty of being able to get to a weekday matinee!!!)

As for the movie, Great!!!! - The updated visual look of the Grid suited the tone of the story perfectly. Seeing Jeff Bridges and Bruce Boxleitner together (in the same movie) again was like catching up with old friends. The new characters were great. Olivia Wilde gave all the right characteristics to Quorra. Castor had just enough of the "Over-the-top" feel to make him memorable for all the right reasons. Clu, now the Clu character is a stroke of pure genius. With all the logic of a program doing what is was designed to do, but with a hint of mischievousness in its attitude to achieving its goals, courtesy of Flynn (by way of Jeff's phenomenal acting abillity and some great CGI work). Although critics have already commented on the plot, My feeligs are that the original Tron did not have a complex plot, so neither did the sequel. If you had trouble following it, fair enough - but that does not make it a crap movie.

All Tron fans should see this movie, I loved it so much, It was a bit of a downer to have to come back to the real world when the movie had finished. Can't wait for the DVD release!!!

IsoLine
User

on Friday, December, 17, 2010 4:54 PM
Sub-Odeon Wrote:
IsoLine Wrote:I know one thing that is going to make some veiwers happy. That for a PG movie it is "clean" in the language department so they won't have to worry about little kids and cursing.

I think Sam says "Damn" once, which is about as far as the last movie went. Heck, there isn't even a nice juicy kiss in TL, whereas the original had Flynn planting a nice one on the lovely Yori.

Oh, your'e right. It was the part when he barely caught the disk during his first arena fight.....Forgot about that, although that was kinda funny.

ShadowSpark
User

on Friday, December, 17, 2010 5:10 PM
Went to see it in 3D in Flagstaff, AZ. Got there 3 hours before the show started. I met a fellow nut!!! Someone else had a costume - only one other person.....

I'd give it a 9 out of 10. My favorite scene is the one where Flynn is stealing the jet - bonking the guy on the head is the equivalent of kicking the machine to make it work. Not sure what to think of the ending though...where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

{A very big thanks to FlynnOne for the pic! And to Wulfeous for sharpening the details!*huggles both*}
{Because people always seem to guess wrong, I'm saying it here: I'm female!!! And my name is Spark!!!}

Tron Lives!

Please click here to help my family out.

IsoLine
User

on Friday, December, 17, 2010 5:13 PM
I stayed through the credits hoping that they would show a clue to a possible sequel. Like maybe Tron's fist rise up out of the Sea of Simulation quickly or something.

ShadowSpark
User

on Friday, December, 17, 2010 5:17 PM
IsoLine Wrote:I stayed through the credits hoping that they would show a clue to a possible sequel. Like maybe Tron's fist rise up out of the Sea of Simulation quickly or something.

Same here. But I guess we fans just have to guess 'til they show something.

{A very big thanks to FlynnOne for the pic! And to Wulfeous for sharpening the details!*huggles both*}
{Because people always seem to guess wrong, I'm saying it here: I'm female!!! And my name is Spark!!!}

Tron Lives!

Please click here to help my family out.

Daft Tron
User

on Friday, December, 17, 2010 5:31 PM
TRONtastic Wrote:@Isoline Now that you mention it. Castor does seem like the kind of character who would have an emergency escape plan O.o He probably will be in the next movie and I'm pretty interested in what they pull out to say how he escaped lol

I guess you Missed the point of "End of Line"abortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

FirstPrevious Page: of 17 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON: LEGACY 
 TRON: LEGACY -- Now In Movie Theatres...! - Share your movie going experience here..!