General Discussion 
 [glow=blue]THE TRON TIMELINE[/glow]

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 3 PagesNextLast
VRAM
User

on Monday, September, 22, 2008 1:21 AM
Welcome to the COMPLETELY UNOFFICIAL TRON TIMELINE's more official than official thread.
In my first Tron-Sector.com post ever, I asked this community, What's the only thing you can't find anywhere on the Net regarding TRON but, officially and unofficially, STAR WARS, THE MATRIX and even TRANSFORMERS or ROBOTECH has?
Go. Before you read anything else, do a Google search on "Tron Timeline". Browse through the results. Now search for "Star Wars timeline" or "The Matrix timeline" or "Robotech timeline" or whatever you like... Browse through the results.
Sad but true. TRON fans doesn't even have an "unofficial" one. Not here and not at Tron Wiki. Until now. After 25 five years of an almost "selfish passion" (I haven't met an avid TRON fan in Mexico City yet) and after playing TRON 2.0, I came up with the idea of making a worthy contribution to the TRON community... My fellow programs, be proud, for here and now you have your very own Tron Timeline...

Get your Completely Unofficial Tron Timeline PDA now!!! @ http://trontimeline.fortunecity.com/

I want to say that I dedicate this 'Tron Timeline PDA flash movie' to Steven Lisberger... Thank you Mr. Lisberger for such a labour of love and a testimony of hard work and determination that has had a big impact on me. Feel free to point out any major timeline errors.
Finally, let this thread serve one purpose... Improve the CUTT PDA's 'fun factor' with everybody's feedback on what should be included or left out. Thanx. Enjoy.

You need to check out the COMPLETELY UNOFFICIAL TRON TIMELINE!
Meanwhile in the real world... the controller feeds the shift clock to the VRAM's video port. Each shift clock pulse causes the VRAM to deliver the next datum, in strict address order, from the shift-register to the video port... Next frame-buffer data: Who created users?

Overmind
User

Re: [glow=blue]THE TRON TIMELINE[/glow]

on Monday, September, 22, 2008 10:39 PM

---------------------------------------------
That would be all!

VRAM
User

on Monday, September, 29, 2008 2:09 PM
NOTE: The following 'completely unofficial TRON universe chronology' includes information that I compiled and/or inferred from different source materials indicated next:

CUTUC v.1.5.5 symbology
TRON (the original 1982 film) TRON 2.0 : Killer App (XBox video game) TRON: The ghost in the machine (comic book) TRON Evolution (video game) TRON Legacy (2010 film) Flynn Lives website (viral site and ARG) Home of Tron webpage (viral site) ENCOM International website (viral site)

1920's
- The dawn of electronics.
- Walter Gibbs is born.

1930's

1940's
- Ed Dillinger is born.

1950's
- Gibbs Jr. is born.
- Alan Bradley is born.
- Kevin Flynn is born.
- Lora Baines is born.

1960's

mid-1970's
- Dr. Walter Gibbs starts his own little enterprise in a garage, programming for a variety of applications. This company would become ENCOM.
- Ed Dillinger starts working at ENCOM as a software engineer and later as the lead programmer of a revolutionary type of software designed to direct and streamline the transfer of data between networked machines.
- The Master Control Program (M.C.P.) and it's secondary function -to copy the sub-routines of other programs and appropriate their functions- is programmed by Ed Dillinger.
- Lora Baines starts working at ENCOM as a programming engineer and begins her theoretical work on a laser system.

- Flynn and Lora become lovers.

Sep.- Kevin Flynn, one of ENCOM's brightest young software engineers, finishes coding 'Space Paranoids', 'Matrix Blaster', 'Vice Squad, 'Astro Gunner', 'Strobe Zone' and other high profile video games.
Sep. 22- Ed Dillinger steals Flynn's programs, and later presents ENCOM with five video games.
Dic.- Ed Dillinger gets promoted as Executive V.P. of ENCOM.

- Kevin Flynn, the best programmer ENCOM saw, is fired by Mr. Dillinger.
- Alan Bradley, also a programming engineer, starts coding TRON, an MCP-independent security program that monitors all contacts between ENCOM and other systems.

- ENCOM brings their first mainframe online, a significant breakthrough in processing power and chip-to-chip communication.
- Ed Dillinger gets a promotion as Senior Executive V.P. of ENCOM.

- Flynn finishes coding his best program yet, CLU, with the purpose of breaking into security systems (from phone companies to banks) and starts using it to hack ENCOM's system and reconstruct the file he needs as solid evidence to prove he's the one who programmed the video games.

Jun. 3- Flynn opens his own arcade parlor, FLYNN'S.

- Flynn and Lora finish their relationship.
- Alan and Lora become lovers.

Sep. 22- Mr. Dillinger shuts down access to all Group-7 personnel. Alan is not granted access to his TRON program.
- Lora, working together with Dr. Gibbs, finishes yet another 'digitizing' test. The theory of a scanned U-V laser beam being superior to single pulse exposure is a success.
- Flynn sets an all-time world record in 'Space Paranoids' with a score of 999,000 points.
- Alan, Flynn and Lora plan using a terminal from within ENCOM to forge a Group-6 access, get into the system to activate TRON and use it as a means of shutting down the MCP and retrieve the evidence.
- Flynn gets digitized by the MCP when trying to access the mainframe. He succeds in retrieving the information needed as evidence as he gets undigitized.
Dec.- Flynn's reinstated as an employer of ENCOM.
- ENCOM's Board of Directors is established and decide Mr. Dillinger is to be fired from the company.

Feb.- Flynn creates a video arcade called 'TRON' based on his experience in the electronic world.

- Alan and Lora get married.
- Flynn gets married.

Dec.- Jethro Eugene Bradley is born.

- Sam Flynn is born.

Mar. 21- Kevin Flynn is promoted as Senior Executive V.P. and gets in charge of ENCOM.

- Alan becomes a Senior Programming Engineer at ENCOM.
- Future Control Industries (fCon), an ambitious and unscrupolous hi-tech company and ENCOM's main competitor, is created.

Oct.- Kevin Flynn is concerned about the digitizing technology falling into the wrong hands.
- The TRON Upgrade project begins development.
Dec.- The first TRON Upgrade update shows progress but it's unable to discern between authorized users and users gone rogue.

Feb.- Lora Bradley discovers fluctuations during the digital conversion experiments that affect digitizing matter correctly. She starts writing a set of algorithms to compensate for these fluctuations which were caused when erasing the MCP.
Aug.- The TRON Legacy project gets cancelled to favor research in digitization. Alan moves from the IS Division to start working with Lora.

- Kevin Flynn's wife dies.
- Kevin Flynn lets everyone know he's retiring from ENCOM to create "a digital frontier that will reshape the human condition".

Jan.- Working together, Alan and Lora create a logic matrix with a 1213% increase in numerical computation and simulated reasoning. This new A.I. is called Math Assistant One (Ma1a).
Mar.- Ma1a new voice recognition subprogram now recognizes 64 common verbal commands.
Jun.- Kevin Flynn leaves ENCOM and Gibbs Jr. takes over as Senior Executive V.P.

- Kevin Flynn mysteriously disappears.

Jan. 15- FLYNN'S close it's doors forever.

Oct.- Lora Bradley dies due to a misfiring laser at ENCOM's digitizing lab.

Jun.- Alan upgrades Ma1a to Ma2a and the A.I. end up exhibiting many of Lora's personality traits.

- Jet Bradley hacks into the school's mainframe and ends up in jail. He becomes something of a problem child.

- Kevin Flynn lets Alan know he's considering pitching his experience in the computer world to Hollywood.

- Alan ugrades Ma2a to Ma3a. The A.I. is sophisticated enough to hold within its memory the complete genetic makeup of a human being.
- Alan continues working on the algorithms Lora started writing.

May.- Mr. Gibbs Jr. is doing business in Asia as ENCOM's Board of Directors decide not to promote the Chief of Security, J. D. Thorne, to Vice President of Corporate Security.
Jun.- Jet Bradley starts working at ENCOM as an entry-level programmer for 'Space Paranoids 3D'. He moves in to the loft in FLYNN'S arcade.
Aug.- Alan, with the help of Ma3a, makes progress and gets closer to correcting the algorithms needed for the digitization process.
Sep.- Alan Bradley experiences a constant lower back pain in this period.
Nov.- Mr. Thorne contacts fCon for the first time.
Dec.- Mr. Thorne gains access to the digitizing technology and "sells his services" to ENCOM's rival, fCon, interested in the technology for their own nefarious purposes.
- Mr. Thorne gets 'digitized' during an experiment to prove that the technology he sold works, but something goes awry; fCon would later claim to know nothing about his disappearance.
- ENCOM merges with fCon due to economic reasons.

- Jet Bradley becomes a level six programmer in R&D.

Mar.- Alan Bradley receives the 'Digital Pal' Award by the International Academy of Intelligence Artificielle for his latest iteration of Ma3a.
- fCon takes over the day-to-day operations at ENCOM.
- Alan is kidnapped. Seth Crown III, Dr. Eva Popoff and Esmond Baza get their hands on the digitizing technology under orders by fCon's CEO.
- Ma3a finally computes the correction algorithms.
- Jet Bradley gets digitized by Ma3a when trying to find out why his father has disappeared under mysterious circumstances.
- Mr. Baza completes the modifications to the Seeker engine.
- Alan codes the Mercury program to try helping Jet in the electronic world.
- Alan gets digitized for the first time during tests of the technology in fCon's Lab.
- Datawraiths, hand picked fCon associates trained to gather info quickly and quietly from inside the digital universe, are succesfully digitized for the first time.
- Mr. Baza, Mr. Crown and Ms. Popoff get digitized to try stopping the Bradley's in the electronic world.
- Alan and Jet get undigitized but the fCon team don't.

- Jet's experience in the digital world leaves him emotionally troubled.
- Alan takes steps to ensure that no one can utilize the digitization system without direct external voice authorization from either himself or his son.

Sep.- Jet integrates his latest program into the TRON Legacy code to test a new kind of A.I.

- Alan has info that leads Sam to look for his father inside FLYNN'S old arcade. Sam Flynn gets digitized for the first time.

2020's
- The future of elecTRONics...

where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

Meanwhile in the real world... the controller feeds the shift clock to the VRAM's video port. Each shift clock pulse causes the VRAM to deliver the next datum, in strict address order, from the shift-register to the video port... Next frame-buffer data: Who created users?

TRON.dll
User

on Monday, September, 29, 2008 5:46 PM
August 1984 - TRON Legacy Shelved
June 1990 - Kevin Flynn Leaves ENCOM
October 1994 - Lora killed in digitizing laser misfire incident

Source: TRON 2.0

TRON 2.0 (PC) name - TRON.dll
I'll play any mode, but I'm best at LC.

PSN - TRON-dll
XBOX Live/Games for Windows Live - TRONdll
-I have a Wii, DS, and 3DS. PM me to exchange friend codes.

Mr. Sinistar
Sector Admin

on Monday, September, 29, 2008 11:22 PM
VRAM Wrote:Okay, here's an 'excerpt' of what can be found inside the CUTT v.1.0.

This IS 'canon' :

- Kevin Flynn, one of ENCOM's brightest young software engineers, codes 'Space Paranoids', 'Matrix Blaster', 'Vice Squad' and two other high profile video games.

Sep. 22
- Ed Dillinger steals Flynn's programs and presents ENCOM with five video games.

Dic.
- Ed Dillinger gets promoted as Executive V.P. of ENCOM.
- Kevin Flynn, the best programmer ENCOM saw, is fired by Mr. Dillinger.

- Flynn codes his best program yet, CLU, with the purpose of breaking into security systems (from phone companies to banks) and starts using it to hack ENCOM's system and reconstruct the file he needs as solid evidence to proof he's the one who programmed the video games.

Sep. 22
- Mr. Dillinger shuts down access to all Group-7 personnel. Alan is not granted access to his TRON program.
- Lora, working together with Dr. Gibbs, finish yet another 'digitizing' test. Her theory of a scanned U-V laser beam being superior to single pulse exposure is a success.
- Flynn sets an all-time world record in 'Space Paranoids' with 999,000 points.
- Alan, Flynn and Lora plan using a terminal from within ENCOM to forge a Group-6 access, get into the system to activate TRON and use it as a means of shutting down the MCP and retrieve the evidence.
- Flynn gets digitized by the MCP when trying to access the mainframe. He succeds in retrieving and printing the file needed as evidence.

Dec.
- Flynn's reinstated as an employer of ENCOM and gets promoted as Senior Executive V.P.

Several questions:

How do we know that Dillinger stole Flynn's programs on Sept. 22th, 1978?

How sure are we with the year 1981? I know that's when Tron was filmed, but for all we know the movie could be taking place in '82.

How do we know it was Dec. when Flynn was rehired?order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

OPEN SOURCE TRON PROJECT

"what the hell is a limux.."

- Gattorcar (a user on YouTube) April 17, 2007

test

VRAM
User

on Tuesday, September, 30, 2008 1:44 AM
Mr. Sinistar Wrote:
Several questions:

How sure are we with the year 1981? I know that's when Tron was filmed, but for all we know the movie could be taking place in '82.
Pretty sure due to several references... the calendar in the office; none of the coin-operated video-games seen at FLYNN'S (Berzerk, Battlezone, Asteroids Deluxe, Atari Basketball, Galaxy Wars, Intruder, Sprint, Super Bug, M-79 Ambush, etc.) belong to later than 1981; a license plate Flynn keeps reads 'FX 81 04' which corresponds with TRON's final draft script date: April, 1981; and Tron 2.0 states so too.

How do we know that Dillinger stole Flynn's programs on Sept. 22th, 1978?
The computer printout Flynn gets at the end of the movie clearly states this. (ANNEXED 9/22 BY E. DILLINGER)

How do we know it was Dec. when Flynn was rehired?
I guess I'd've changed this one. No direct reference of this in the movie apart from the fact that it would be cool for Flynn to get even with Dillinger in the exact same period of time, that is, three months later. Does not belong to TRON's canon.order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

VRAM
User

Timeline update

on Thursday, October, 09, 2008 1:20 AM
Updated the CUTUC to version 1.1.0 with my latest findings on the video games Flynn coded.
The five names of the referred video games can be seen in a sign outside FLYNN'S. Read HERE. The previously 'unknown' names have been updated at the beginning of this thread too.

Source: 1982 TRON movie.

VRAM
User

on Monday, December, 22, 2008 10:29 PM
Minor update to the CUTUC to version 1.1.1
Mainly indicating (and making a little more clear) that Mr. Dillinger got fired, not by Kevin Flynn directly, but by ENCOM's Board of Directors some time after Flynn got hired again.

SOURCE: VRAM (you know this is a 'completely unofficial Tron chronology', right?)

Until the next relevant CUTUC update... Sometime next year fellow programs... Let Xmas lighten up your circuitry...

doctorclu
User

on Wednesday, December, 24, 2008 12:01 AM
I like this! I saved a lot of the E-mail traffic from Alan to Flynn and other related company EnCom Emails. (Screenshots) so I'll see if I can look those up. (Tron 2.0)

Are we counting the comic books?order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pill

David1
User

on Tuesday, December, 30, 2008 8:13 PM
Here's some I took from Tron 2.0 when I was writing my Fanfic.

81 - Sep 22 - MCP suspends access to Level 7 after CLU program identified.

82 - May - Lora Pregnant - asks Flynn to be the godfather.
82 - Dec - Jethro Eugene Bradley born.
84 - Feb - LORA - still having problems with digitising without MCP.
88 - Mar - Ma1a created.
90 - Jun - Flynn leaves Encom. Gibbs Jr Takes Over.
94 - Oct - LORA dies due to misfiring laser. Jet was 11.
96 - Jun - Ma2a - Exhibits traces of Lora - Meghan Gabrielle discussed in email.
98 - Mar - Jet having problems at school. Attitude issues.
98 - Aug - Jet not heading home. Staying out.
99 - - Flynn worried about Alan
99 - Feb - Jet getting bad reports.

02 - Jun - Jet starts on SP3D (Space Paranoids 3D).
02 - Aug - Correction Algorythms finally fixed.
02 - Dec - Encom sold to FCON.
03 - Mar - Jet lead programmer at Encom.
03 - Mar - Digital Pal award to Alan for Ma3a.

Who hacked my .sig?

Mr. Sinistar
Sector Admin

on Friday, January, 02, 2009 10:43 AM
David1 Wrote:Here's some I took from Tron 2.0 when I was writing my Fanfic.

81 - Sep 22 - MCP suspends access to Level 7 after CLU program identified.

82 - May - Lora Pregnant - asks Flynn to be the godfather.
82 - Dec - Jethro Eugene Bradley born.
84 - Feb - LORA - still having problems with digitising without MCP.
88 - Mar - Ma1a created.
90 - Jun - Flynn leaves Encom. Gibbs Jr Takes Over.
94 - Oct - LORA dies due to misfiring laser. Jet was 11.
96 - Jun - Ma2a - Exhibits traces of Lora - Meghan Gabrielle discussed in email.
98 - Mar - Jet having problems at school. Attitude issues.
98 - Aug - Jet not heading home. Staying out.
99 - - Flynn worried about Alan
99 - Feb - Jet getting bad reports.

02 - Jun - Jet starts on SP3D (Space Paranoids 3D).
02 - Aug - Correction Algorythms finally fixed.
02 - Dec - Encom sold to FCON.
03 - Mar - Jet lead programmer at Encom.
03 - Mar - Digital Pal award to Alan for Ma3a.

Aha! Now that is fantastic! Thanks a lot, David1! I'm definitely putting this up on Tron Wiki.

OPEN SOURCE TRON PROJECT

test

TRON.dll
User

on Friday, January, 02, 2009 1:26 PM
Thanks, David1! That saved me the trouble of having to think about doing that and blowing it off, lol.

Hopefully TR2N will take all that into consideration, but didn't Lisberger say something about TRON 2.0 being a different cannon or something?

TRON 2.0 (PC) name - TRON.dll
I'll play any mode, but I'm best at LC.

PSN - TRON-dll
XBOX Live/Games for Windows Live - TRONdll
-I have a Wii, DS, and 3DS. PM me to exchange friend codes.

Mr. Sinistar
Sector Admin

on Saturday, January, 03, 2009 1:24 AM
TRON.dll Wrote:Thanks, David1! That saved me the trouble of having to think about doing that and blowing it off, lol.

Hopefully TR2N will take all that into consideration, but didn't Lisberger say something about TRON 2.0 being a different cannon or something?

Tron Wiki - Canonwhere to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

OPEN SOURCE TRON PROJECT

test

VRAM
User

THE TRON TIMELINE

on Thursday, March, 26, 2009 10:39 PM
Updated the CUTUC to v.1.1.5
Greetings again fellow programs!
It seems I'm late for those neat AICN.com story details! This is great news however, for I believe that such details mostly demonstrates that Disney decided not 'retconning' the story told in TRON 2.0 video game (mainly due to the fact that "the story begins in 1989" and because Flynn left ENCOM in 1988 [according to the TRON 2.0 videogame]; except where Alan "takes over Flynn's company", supposedly, ENCOM. If the latter is true, then it should be inferred that Flynn 'bought' ENCOM at some point after leaving and that Alan 'inherited' ENCOM due to Flynn's 'dissapearance', for Gibbs Jr. was the one that became Senior Executive V.P. and remained as such still in 2002 [again, according to the TRON 2.0 videogame]).

So based on this new info, I'm updating this unofficial chronology. As you'll see above, I'll try adapting any tidbit of info regarding the new storyline within the current continuity and because such info still remain somewhat 'general' in nature...where to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

VRAM
User

on Wednesday, July, 22, 2009 11:24 PM
Updated the CUTUC to v.1.5.0
Aah! Nothing like a cool, juicy update like this... The recent HOME OF TRON and FLYNN LIVES "viral marketing" sites have some very specific info regarding some aspects of the original movie (such as 6/3/81 being the date when Kevin Flynn first opened his arcade) and other details of the story that followed...

Already added above for your convenience...

VRAM
User

THE TRON TIMELINE

on Sunday, July, 26, 2009 8:08 PM
Updated the CUTUC to v.1.5.1
Changed Kevin Flynn's son name from 'Sean' to 'Sam' now that even Mr. Kosinski has confirmed it in a recent interview...where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill onlineabortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

-phatron
User

on Saturday, August, 01, 2009 1:34 AM
good thread. i haven't played the 2.0 game. now i will.abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

VRAM
User

THE TRON TIMELINE

on Tuesday, January, 26, 2010 2:22 PM
Updated the CUTUC to v.1.5.5
In preparing for what will sooner than later be a major update to the CUTUC, I decided making a revision to 2009's last update and found out a major mistake instead!!!

There's no way Flynn and Lora finished up their relationship BEFORE the date of the opening of FLYNN'S arcade (June 3rd, 1981 according to HomeOfTron.com), simply because, in the movie, Lora tells Alan something along the lines of "it's been a while since the last time I was here".

This has been corrected above already... together with other minor details and even some "grammatical" particulars.

lurkinghorror
User

on Tuesday, January, 26, 2010 5:38 PM
It's cool seeing the timeline integrated like this.

In regards to the comic. One of the reasons Eric and I wrote the comic as we did, was so that the timeline would be relatively unaffected. We obviously didn't create any of the characters seen in the film or game, and we didn't want to make any real alterations to them. Subsequently, the entire story in the comics transpires in the blink of an eye (in real world time) and doesn't really involve any of the previously seen characters.

The original story we pitched to Disney (this was before the game was announced) was a prequel. We weren't going to touch the real world stuff, but we mapped out the events that lead to the MCP taking control and Tron becoming both a well known hero and a prisoner.

VRAM
User

on Tuesday, January, 26, 2010 8:50 PM
lurkinghorror Wrote:
It's cool seeing the timeline integrated like this.

Well thanks! Allow me to say that coming from the likes of you Mr. Walker, this is by far the best compliment I've received regarding this my 'unofficial' Tron time line...

You know, in one of the earlier versions of this timeline I added what I consider is one of the cooler tidbits of info in the whole Tron 'expanded universe' if you will, that being Jet moving in to the loft in FLYNN'S arcade... but then, as you say, it was revealed all of that happened inside the digital world...

So please, by all means, feel free to point out if I misinterpreted this or any other details I may be missing in the time line when it comes to TRON:GITM and I'll update it asap.

Page: of 3 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  General Discussion