New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments: FirstPrevious Page: of 3 PagesNextLast
lurkinghorror
User

Re: [glow=blue]THE TRON TIMELINE[/glow]

on Friday, January, 29, 2010 11:49 PM
VRAM Wrote:
lurkinghorror Wrote:
It's cool seeing the timeline integrated like this.

Well thanks! Allow me to say that coming from the likes of you Mr. Walker, this is by far the best compliment I've received regarding this my 'unofficial' Tron time line...

You know, in one of the earlier versions of this timeline I added what I consider is one of the cooler tidbits of info in the whole Tron 'expanded universe' if you will, that being Jet moving in to the loft in FLYNN'S arcade... but then, as you say, it was revealed all of that happened inside the digital world...

So please, by all means, feel free to point out if I misinterpreted this or any other details I may be missing in the time line when it comes to TRON:GITM and I'll update it asap.

The way we had it set up (as approved by Disney) was that Jet sort of inherited apartment above Flynn's old arcade (which was now a laundromat). As the backup copy believed itself to be Jet, and was operating with all of Jet's memories, it was remembering something that was (more or less) accurate. So the implication was that the real Jet did/does live in the old arcade.

VRAM
User

Re: TRON TIMELINE

on Saturday, February, 20, 2010 8:52 PM
Awesome TRON universe tidbit LurkingHorror!!! And this could be considered 'canon' as was approved by Disney! Thanx again.

Already updated at the beginning of this thread...

You need to check out the COMPLETELY UNOFFICIAL TRON TIMELINE!
Meanwhile in the real world... the controller feeds the shift clock to the VRAM's video port. Each shift clock pulse causes the VRAM to deliver the next datum, in strict address order, from the shift-register to the video port... Next frame-buffer data: Who created users?

VRAM
User

THE TRON TIMELINE

on Saturday, March, 06, 2010 10:58 AM
O.K., as most of you know, the additional information that would update this unofficial timeline/chronology sooner than later has arrived via the ENCOM International website, specifically through the past.htm webpage, however, it's more than what I expected! It adds or changes some 15 new dates/events, at least...

Even so, that I've decided leaving the CUTUC, that is, the 'Completely Unofficial TRON Universe Chronology', as it is right now (that is, version 1.5.5 plus a new 'source symbology' explanation) for archival purposes... Now that a new video game, TV series and maybe other movie sequels have been like "confirmed" (if I'm not mistaken, possibly a limited comic book series too, although I don't remember where I read this...), I think I just want to be able to later have fun comparing and remembering what I inferred/speculated/created regarding the TRON universe when information was scarce...

From this point on I will try and update the CUTT, that is, the 'Completely Unofficial TRON Timeline' to version 2.0 in some cool and interesting ways... that, of course, will require some time and an awful amount of work in Flash...

...I'll keep you posted.

Meanwhile in the real world... the controller feeds the shift clock to the VRAM's video port. Each shift clock pulse causes the VRAM to deliver the next datum, in strict address order, from the shift-register to the video port... Next frame-buffer data: Who created users?

VRAM
User

TRON CHRONOLOGY

on Monday, March, 15, 2010 1:04 AM
Finished 'editing' the new CUTUC symbology system...where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

VRAM
User

THE TRON TIMELINE

on Saturday, April, 03, 2010 12:54 AM
It's more official than official my fellow programs... The events in the TRON 2.0 video game have been effectively retconned by the latest events in the FLYNN LIVES ARG... mainly, IGN's interview with Alan Bradley and ENCOM's 'press conference' in which none other than Mrs. Lora Bradley made an appearance...

I'll start a new timeline/chronology in the coming weeks that only takes into account the events in the movies and those events intended to explain the 'gap' between the movies (TRON: Evolution video game and other upcoming media).

As stated before, the unofficial timeline/chonology in this thread will be left 'as is' for archival purposes.

TRON.dll
User

on Saturday, April, 03, 2010 9:02 PM
bigbangbilly.exe Wrote:since we saw "Lora" with "Alan" at the press it seems that Lora is alive as an unseen character in Tron Legacy rendering Jet's existence in the Tron legacy universe into a debate until the movie comes out and turning the Tron 2.0 universe a parallel universe or possible some time between tron legacy and tron 2.0 the rescued Lora, i don't know

I believe we've been over this a few times in multiple threads.

Tron 2.0 is not a part of this story canon.

Jet does will not exist in Tron Legacy.

Lora did not die in Tron Legacy.

It's not a debate. It is a fact that has been stated by Lisberger and Kosinski.

TRON 2.0 (PC) name - TRON.dll
I'll play any mode, but I'm best at LC.

PSN - TRON-dll
XBOX Live/Games for Windows Live - TRONdll
-I have a Wii, DS, and 3DS. PM me to exchange friend codes.

VRAM
User

THE TRON CHRONOLOGY

on Thursday, July, 22, 2010 5:35 PM
Just to let everyone know that another "official" chronology that again contradicts some of the things that were "officially" established before (as in the TRON 2.0 videogame, the encominternational.com website, etc.) now exist at the new TRON official website at http://disney.go.com/tron/index_flash.html#/chronology
EDIT: I dunno who edited this new "official" chronology but it has errors... for instance, there's no way Flynn and Lora finished up their relationship BEFORE Flynn buys the arcade (according to HomeOfTron.com, the date of the opening of FLYNN'S arcade is June 3rd, 1981), simply because, in the movie, Lora tells Alan something along the lines of "it's been a while since the last time I was here".

Interesting read nonetheless...

For instance, What is the Shaddox platform and the "albino cow" Flynn sighting? (the latter, originally established in the FLYNN LIVES ARG by the way, so it's obvious there are some contradictions between the time line at the ENCOM International website and this new chronology).abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

VRAM
User

TRON TIMELINE

on Thursday, July, 29, 2010 12:43 PM
I can't believe no one has raised the voice yet... It wasn't until now that I got to read the other "official" chronology (in the 'lite version' of the site) at http://disney.go.com/tron/html/chronology/index.html and, again, it's different from the one in the 'flash version' fer cryin' out loud!

To the 'casual' TRON fan, these may be but just subtle and unimportant differences... but lemme tell you that it does more than contradict what's in the other "official" chronology...

I really don't care if these chronologies are not in line between themselves or contradict the one I was compiling here, but I can't stand that someone that's been paid to do this work in the best way possible, shows as a complete slothful, torpid and lazy person that only ends but with mediocre results that affects the hardcore fans...

Maybe it's just me but when he/she clearly contradicts what's been stated IN THE ORIGINAL TRON MOVIE, I don't care your name is Joseph Kosinski, we have a problem...
The new chronology states that Kevin Flynn was immediately hired by ENCOM in 1980. Even if the events in the original TRON movie happened in 1982 (as the so-called official TRON chronology now states), it's a fact Flynn tells Alan that "3 years before he was one of ENCOM's brightest software engineers", so you do the math... but it just CAN'T be '1980'.

I'm not asking this person to show 'passion' for the TRON franchise. I just ask to truly pay attention to the damn dialog and act accordingly... Enuff said.

lurkinghorror
User

on Thursday, July, 29, 2010 12:50 PM
Wait... Gibbs wrote the MCP?

Am I misremembering details from the first film?abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

VRAM
User

on Thursday, July, 29, 2010 12:53 PM
One of the things 'stated' by this new chronology...

The problem is not that Gibbs programmed the MCP too, the problem is there's no mention of Dillinger co-programming it too...

lurkinghorror
User

THE TRON TIMELINE

on Thursday, July, 29, 2010 1:08 PM
VRAM Wrote:One of the things 'stated' by this new chronology...

The problem is not that Gibbs programmed the MCP too, the problem is there's no mention of Dillinger co-programming it too...

In the last couple of years I've purged my memory of some Tron details... Was there specific mention in the film that Gibbs wrote the MCP, even with Dillinger? I seem to recall only a mention that Dillinger wrote the MCP. Yeah, they could retcon it. But... why?

If Gibbs co-wrote the MCP, he should have been more aware of what was transpiring when the MCP started usurping power. In the first film, Gibbs came across more like an engineer than a programmer.

VRAM
User

on Thursday, July, 29, 2010 1:16 PM
If one's to be a TRON 'rigorist' or 'purist', the answer is no. There's no specific mention of Dr. Gibbs programming the MCP in the movie. However, it's acceptable and logical to think Dr. Gibbs participated to some degree in the development of the MCP.

I agree with you that Dr. Gibbs should've had a more 'trascendental' role in the movie if in fact he had programmed the MCP, but it's obvious that his DUMONT program was by far his greatest 'programming' contribution to ENCOM. When the MCP gets erased, we see the face of another that surely was the original 'core code' programmer of the MCP, that "chess" program, if you will... Then, we can infer that at some point Mr. Dillinger took over as an MCP Project Leader or somethin like that because he DO state in the movie that he programmed the MCP.

Now, check this out... One of the orbs in the new light cycle game in the new TRON flash site states that Kevin Flynn at one time programmed the MCP too giving it it's distinctive AI attributes or something like that...abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

TechFalcon
User

on Thursday, July, 29, 2010 1:39 PM
VRAM Wrote:If one's to be a TRON 'rigorist' or 'purist', the answer is no. There's no specific mention of Dr. Gibbs programming the MCP in the movie. However, it's acceptable and logical to think Dr. Gibbs participated to some degree in the development of the MCP.

I agree with you that Dr. Gibbs should've had a more 'trascendental' role in the movie if in fact he had programmed the MCP, but it's obvious that his DUMONT program was by far his greatest 'programming' contribution to ENCOM. When the MCP gets erased, we see the face of another that surely was the original 'core code' programmer of the MCP, that "chess" program, if you will... Then, we can infer that at some point Mr. Dillinger took over as an MCP Project Leader or somethin like that because he DO state in the movie that he programmed the MCP.

Now, check this out... One of the orbs in the new light cycle game in the new TRON flash site states that Kevin Flynn at one time programmed the MCP too giving it it's distictive AI attributes or something like that...

That orb said that Flynn programmed the MCP to play chess, thus giving it the beginning AI it grew off of. I'd say that sounds pretty legit, seeing as to how they used to spend time playing chess together and all.

VRAM
User

on Thursday, July, 29, 2010 1:43 PM
Awesome TechFalcon, thanx for the clarification. This is indeed more accurate... and should be official and part of the TRON canon because it's stated/inferred in the movie.abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

TRON.dll
User

on Thursday, July, 29, 2010 1:52 PM
I was under the impression that Dillenger stole someone's chess program and made the MCP using the stolen chess program's code as a base.

Of course, that might have been in Tron 2.0, been too long since I played it last to remember.

PSN - TRON-dll

lurkinghorror
User

THE TRON TIMELINE

on Thursday, July, 29, 2010 3:37 PM
My main problem with the change is that we're left with Dillinger having programmed very little. He certainly lacked Flynn's skill and imagination. But he should still have some programming credits of consequence.

And if Flynn programmed the MCP to play chess, what was it beforehand?

VRAM
User

THE TRON TIMELINE

on Tuesday, August, 17, 2010 11:20 AM
Sorry about the late late reply guys...

TRON.dll,

the short answer is NO. There's no mention of Dillinger stealing the MCP's code in TRON 2.0... It's not been that long for me since the last time I played it and I kinda documented all the dialog in the game, believe me.

LurkingHorror,

I utterly and completely agree with you. My main problem is this: How many more 'arbitrary' changes like the aformentioned ones are we still gonna get that affect what's been "officially" established in the original TRON movie?

VRAM
User

THE TRON TIMELINE

on Tuesday, August, 31, 2010 11:32 AM
bigbangbilly.exe Wrote:...

When is the divergence point of both timelines?

Good question there BBB... and because not even Disney knows whether the events in the original movie take place in 1981 or 1982, I'm gonna use the chronology in this thread to answer it...

The point of divergence for the actual TRON 'alternate universe' should be placed the moment Jethro Eugene Bradley was born, that is, December 1982.order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

VRAM
User

TRON TIMELINE

on Monday, October, 18, 2010 2:45 PM
Now that our beloved TRON "world" is expanding in other media, I'm afraid this thread is becoming one that is trying to "play cop"... It's not what I originally intended for it.

It's a fact every fictional work that's being expanded itself thanks to the vision of more than one author will sooner or later run through some continuity problems. Call it a "user problem", a "human interface error", whatever you will... To err is in our human nature and no fictional franchise is free from this. Not even Star Wars. But there are things we CAN do to correct these inconsistencies...

As some of you may know, the Holocron continuity database is a database developed and used internally by Lucas Licensing to keep track of all of the fictional elements created for the Star Wars universe, and contains elements from nearly every officially sanctioned Star Wars source. It's far from perfect, but sure helps keeping it from going into the sea of simulation and just look at the size of that tank...

I'M ASKING FOR HELP FROM THIS COMMUNITY to keep track of every TRON-related material (fictional elements included, of course) that's coming out in the coming months/years and create our very own TRON continuity database.

This is a 'call out for papers' if you will where anyone can submit whatever tidbit of info you find regarding the TRON universe and help expand the "unofficial" chronology and timeline... Remember it's very important to name the exact source you learn it from...

I'll need help with the following:

TRON: Evolution video game
TRON: Evolution: Battle grids (video game for Wii)
The art of TRON: Legacy book
TRON: Legacy the junior novel
TRON: Legacy the movie storybook
TRON: Legacy: Derrezzed children book
TRON: Legacy: Out of the dark book
TRON: Legacy: It's your call: Initiate sequence book
order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

TRON.dll
User

RE: THE TRON TIMELINE

on Monday, October, 18, 2010 3:31 PM
VRAM Wrote:I'll need help with the following:

TRON: Evolution video game
TRON: Evolution: Battle grids (video game for Wii)
The art of TRON: Legacy book
TRON: Legacy the junior novel
TRON: Legacy the movie storybook
TRON: Legacy: Derrezzed children book
TRON: Legacy: Out of the dark book
TRON: Legacy: It's your call: Initiate sequence book

The Art of TRON: Legacy isn't a story book, it's just a collection of all the concept art.
The Junior Novel is just a novelization of the movie for younger kids, and as such takes place during the movie, 2010.
All the other ones are the same thing, just kids books focusing on certain segments of the movie. Initiate Sequence shouldn't be considered canon because it has a branching storyline and can end in multiple ways.

Additionally: A timeline I posted in another thread:

TRON (1982)
TRON: Betrayal 1 (1983)
TRON: Betrayal 2 (unknown; possibly 1984)
TRON: Evolution: Battle Grids DS (1985)
TRON: Evolution: Battle Grids Wii (1987)
TRON: Evolution PSP (1989)
TRON: Evolution (1990-2000)
TRON: Legacy (2010)

PSN - TRON-dll

FirstPrevious Page: of 3 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  General Discussion 
 [glow=blue]THE TRON TIMELINE[/glow]