General Discussion 
 Alumni Programs

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments: FirstPrevious Page: of 2 Pages
Traahn
User

RE: Alumni Programs

on Friday, October, 16, 2020 1:32 AM
Kat Wrote:But how many times can we talk about...
You forgot my personal favorite: "Do programs go to the bathroom? If so, how?" :P
With , there's always something to discuss -- directly, indirectly, on the periphery, inspired by, ancillary, or just because a group of individuals found something they all enjoy and form a camaraderie to discuss most anything, including a bunch of geeky and nerdy stuff, side adventures, events, screenings, and other common or interesting interests.

The reasons for the disbandment are several, and I just remember witnessing the downfall of the site firsthand; as you probably did, too. Three main factors come to mind for me. And running out of things to talk about, as you say, would probably be the fourth (#4) on my list. I might bump it up to #3. 

I'm getting out of here right now, and you guys are invited. -----^

Kat
User

on Sunday, October, 18, 2020 11:50 PM
Traahn Wrote:

You forgot my personal favorite: "Do programs go to the bathroom? If so, how?" :P

Damn, thought I mentioned that one!

What do you want? I'm busy.

Program, please!

Chaos.... good news.

DaveTRON
User

on Wednesday, October, 28, 2020 10:17 PM
Still around.  I am still maintaining the TRON Archives for Steven.  I keep an eye on this page and the various Facebook groups.  Happy to chat if something is going on.

DaveTRON

DaveTRON

Traahn
User

on Thursday, October, 29, 2020 12:19 AM
Still around.  I am still maintaining the TRON Archives for Steven.  I keep an eye on this page and the various Facebook groups.  Happy to chat if something is going on.

DaveTRON
Ahh, cool! Good to see you still lurk, too. You're maintaining archives for Steven (Lisberger?), or Tron-Sector, or? At first I thought you were referring to Auric, but the About page here says he's "David", so that can't be it, lol :P ... and there don't seem to be any "Steven"s associated with this site's admins.

I'm getting out of here right now, and you guys are invited. -----^

Qix77
User

on Saturday, October, 31, 2020 5:59 AM
It's good to see you guys are still around.

I need to hop in here more often.

Too much real life stuff outside the grid.

Happy Halloween, Everyone.

Boxleitnerfan1689
User

on Sunday, November, 01, 2020 12:29 PM
Happy belated Halloween to you all.

I'm the same, real life has so much going on and exhaustion is creeping in, hoping all will work out and I too can spend more time in the TRON-verse!

DaveTRON
User

on Monday, November, 02, 2020 10:28 AM
TRON Archives is a private collection of materials from TRON and its children that I built for Steven Lisberger. I share some of it in various places, mainly Facebook these days.  Not my main activity, but when I run across something cool I put it up.

I keep a hand in the TRON world as much as I can.

DaveTRON

DaveTRON

Boxleitnerfan1689
User

on Wednesday, November, 04, 2020 5:23 PM
Wow, that's amazing!

VRAM
User

on Sunday, January, 21, 2024 3:15 PM
RenegadeProgram Wrote:
VRAM Wrote:OH.MY.User... By the looks of the latter post, it seems a new kind of MCP (Master Corona Program) has taken over TRON-Sector!!! But it is thanx to that "virus" and the real "quarentine" that I happen to see the username of Traahn in this thread by Qix and decided to write this my first post in almost a decade!

Greetings programs! You may remember me as the creator of the COMPLETELY UNOFFICIAL TRON TIMELINE... The very first TRON-related chronology anywhere! Not even the TRON Wiki had one, TRON-sector.com had it first! You can check it out here :

http://tron-sector.com/forums/default.aspx?a=top&id=365246

Also, the thread where I made my discovery of the 5 games Kevin Flynn originally programed...

http://www.tron-sector.com/forums/default.aspx?a=top&id=365333

I just want you all to know that although I decided to move on onto other things in life, I fondly remember all of you guys as the best fandom forum I've ever been part of!!! 3 non-stop years of the best discussions over my favorite sci-fi movie of all time. Period. (or should I say "dot"?) The release of TRON Legacy was the icing on the cake...

Auric, TronFAQ, DaveTRON, TRON.dll, Mr. Sinistar, Compucore, Qix77, Scuzzy, Sketch, Traahn, Doctorclu, Cyberwolven, ShadowDragon, man you name it! I specially remember TheReelTodd 'cause he gave me my welcome to this community, was one of the most active members and kinda disappeared just months prior to the 'FLYNN LIVES' ARG where we all were virtually and literally droolin' all over... (Man! Those were the days!) Also LurkingHorror, being the writer of the first official TRON-related comic book ever (if I'm not mistaken) and actively discussing the TRON Timeline with me; to all of you about to get re-digitized in my memory banks forever :

I SALUTE YOU!
Greetings, VRAM. NICE! Thx, Program for all you do! Will be checking out the timeline you put together, as well as the list of Kevin Flynn's 5 games. I recall seeing a timeline of sorts on the promotional encominternational.com site when Legacy was out back in 2010, and it had some conflicts with another one posted on TronWiki.
Sorry for my late, late reply RenegadeProgram, but official confirmation of a TR3N film starting production as of yesterday has brought me back!
Although you're right regarding the promotional site, the very first TRON-related chronology ANYWHERE was published right here at Tron-Sector.com as far back as September of 2008!
If you read the posts on the above links, you'll find out that none other than Landry Walker (writer of the 'TRON: Ghost in the machine' comic book as well as a collection of STAR WARS tales even made a contribution to the timeline!

You need to check out the COMPLETELY UNOFFICIAL TRON TIMELINE!
Meanwhile in the real world... the controller feeds the shift clock to the VRAM's video port. Each shift clock pulse causes the VRAM to deliver the next datum, in strict address order, from the shift-register to the video port... Next frame-buffer data: Who created users?

Angel17
User

on Tuesday, January, 30, 2024 6:55 AM
It is so nice reading and visiting this blog again.  garages

FirstPrevious Page: of 2 Pages
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  General Discussion 
 Alumni Programs