Game Grid 
 Distributed Denial of Service - TRON RP

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 7 PagesNextLast
LWSrocks2
User

on Wednesday, July, 18, 2012 9:35 PM
It's 2013, and for the past decade and a half, the Internet has dominated the world. All of the grids of the world are finally connected and tied together in unimaginable ways. Programs can jump from system to system, and work together to solve complex problems. But the days of peace on the internet are numbered. A group of web terrorists are calling for the end of certain websites. They are violently attacking and derezzing websites on a whim, and now, a group of programs must rise up to defeat this menace.

-----------------------

CHARACTER FORM:

Name:
Type of Program: (Basically, what your functions are)
Side:
Reason for Joining Side:
Physical Appearance:
Personality Description:
Extra Information:

You can have as many characters as you want, etc. etc. Also, I have no idea what the group of net vigilantes should be called, so any ideas are welcome. Basically, the point is that the rebellion against the vandals should grow into violence and become a full-scale war, with large websites (Facebook, Youtube, CNN, etc) used as pawns in the battle. And yes, if you have a villainous streak, you CAN join the bad guys if you want. I'm going to have one of each. Here are my forms:

Name: Thane
Type of Program: Thane functions as a distributor of pirated material. Basically, the vandals are after him because, well, he gives away intellectual property for free. He considers it a "moral and legal grey area" and doesn't think the fault lies with him, but with the programs and users who take advantage of his services.
Side: Good guys, (vigilantes)
Reason for Joining: He's lived a long, good life distributing pirated material, and the group of internet vandals will put an end to it, fast. So, he's helping with the group so he can put a stop to the vandals. Perhaps he's not a member of the group for the right reasons, but he's willing to fight nonetheless.
Physical Appearance: He's fairly large, and stocky. He has a black suit with green circuitry, and he has some light facial hair. Muscular, but not ripped, and so on and so forth.
Personality description: He looks like he could break your legs, but wouldn't hurt a fly. Though intimidating on the outside, he's actually a softy. If you get to know him, he jokes around alot and makes sarcastic quips.

Name: Derick
Type of Program: He's... a Captcha, essentially. Kind of like a security guard, he stands at the gates of large sites, and checks to make sure you're human and not a virus/spam bot.
Side: Bad guys, hes one of the vandals who wants to end piracy through somewhat violent means
Reason for Joining: His ex-wife, who unexpectedly died, was a very prominent artist, (vocaloid program) who lost lots of money from piracy. He's grown weary over the years, and hates his job: so he enjoys doing anything that might cause unrest or disruption amongst the people of the grid and the internet. He's mostly just using the anti-piracy thing as an excuse to try and take down buildings (websites) and cause riots, although he likes to hide behind his ex-wife's situation as an excuse.
Physical Appearance: Small and weaselly, this program is not threatening by any means. He's got a thin mustache and goatee, and is extremely short; his high-pitched voice doesn't help his situation much.
Personality Description: You can already tell he's spiteful and mean. He likes to cause destruction, and when he heard of the anti-piracy wars he joined quickly as an excuse to lay waste to sites and other online locations. He's very insecure, and short-tempered as well.

----------

FIRST POST
-THANE-

A small-looking, orange circuited man approached me. "So... you must be the Thane I've heard so much about," he said.

"The very same." I responded. "What are you looking for?"

"I enjoy playing games in my spare time. I'd like to put some sort of game on my disk, for me to play when I'm bored. Assassin's Creed, maybe?"

"Hand me your disk," I said in response. I pulled up the Disk-User interface, and opened up a file manager menu. This is where you could find all of the important files that belong to a program. I slipped in the requested file, closed the menu, and handed him his disk. As soon as it reached his hands, he moved directly to my throat. He didn't intimidate me. I pulled out my disk, and held it up in defense.

"Don't. You. Dare." I said. "What do you want, anyways?" He looked at me, and coldly said, "I want you to come with me." I pushed him out of the way, slammed him to the ground, and held my disk up to his throat. "The hell I will."

He was obviously terrified of me. I'd been used to situations like this, programs who try and derezz me thinking they can pick up my disk, and take any illegal files I had on it. I wondered if he was some sort of cop or something. "You'll be sorry," he said. I scoffed. He ran away, and I went into the building next to me- it was Facebook. I was trying to communicate to one of my distributor friends what had just happened, and warn him if anybody with his physical appearance showed up to him. Thats when the explosion happened. I was thrown out of the building, and the entire main hall of Facebook was destroyed. That's the last thing I remember.

-DERICK-

I'd heard of him alot. Thane, his name was. His clients weren't very good at keeping secrets. I approached him in an alley next to the Facebook Building, and asked to download something. I had to make up something on the spot, so I just picked a game- Assassin's Creed. Of course, I was going to try and hold him back with my disk so that I could bring him to my higher-ups as a captive, but it didn't work out so well.

The moment he returned my disk, I lunged at him. He kept his cool; he'd obviously dealt with similar situations before. He threw me back and refused to come as my captive- and so be it, it wasn't the reaction I wanted; but it was the reaction I expected. Luckily, I had a back up plan. As soon as he entered the Facebook Building, I activated a bomb I had planted in the main hall. Just enough to knock him out and close down the Login for a few minutes. That's when I grabbed him, and headed off.

becktherenegade
User

RE: Distributed Denial of Service - TRON RP

on Wednesday, July, 18, 2012 11:23 PM
Name: Bowen
Type of program: sells basic weapons (batons, unused discs, ect) and hacker. He doesn’t want to be associated with a large “important” job because he likes to stay pretty hidden.
Side: vigilantes
Reason for joining side: he doesn’t take crap from people who annoy him, and this control that the vandals are pushing on him annoys him. He wants to get revenge for the innocent programs who are dying. He calls these vandals a “corruption” and wants them all derezzed.
Physical appearance: around 5’11. Muscular but not ripped. He has dark brown hair, brown eyes, and an ovalish round face. He wears a black suit with white and blue circuitry and has a pointed bug looking helmet which he wears during combat.
Personality description: very nice, and quiet. Does not want conflict, but once he’s involved in it, he won’t stop until he either has the last word or is the only one left alive. Since he’s young, he’s still learning many things, but he already knows a lot of information that could potentially save his life one day.
“ all the corrupted data has been fixed. It should work fine now. just don’t go around accidently downloading viruses any more…. That could be potentially more threatening than just a little glitch.” Remarked Bowen. Bowen walked to the back room where he found an older man sitting looking through a few flash drives.
“this came for you today… looks important.” Said the man. Bowen grabbed up the flash drive and plugged it into his disc. He couldn’t believe it. It was invitation to this years disc wars. He’d trained before, but never for anything like this. He had to go and train more if he even wanted to stand a chance in this type of game.

"why do you want programs to think he's alive?"
"maybe he is. and maybe if others think so too, theyll be braver, think for themesleves some more, not sit still for clu's rules"
-Beck

_Masquerade_
User

on Thursday, July, 19, 2012 3:28 PM
Name: Baltimar
Type of Program: NeoGen Program
-Primary Function: Game Grid Warrior
-Secondary Function: Program Logic Assistant (essentially Grid psychiatry)
Side: Vigilante
Reason for Joining Side: Ever since his creation, Baltimar was taught to treat all programs with kindness and respect. He detests the violent and malevolent motives of the mysterious terrorist organization.
Physical Appearance: Tall and lanky. Street clothes consist of a long-sleeve shirt, baggy jeans, and hooded coat, all in black. Grid Armor is custom-made to boast freedom of movement and agility. He has iridescent-colored circuitry, representative of NeoGen programs. The circuitry flashes brilliant rainbow shades.
Personality Description: Baltimar is a friendly and understanding program who becomes fierce when fighting for his beliefs. As a Game Grid Warrior, he loves to have fun when he's not working at his small Logic Assistant business.
Extra Information:
-Baltimar was coded with the NeoGen AI language, which implements more complex artificial intelligence.
-Baltimar drives an old and rare Argon Lightcycle modified to boost maneuverability.

It is a truly exciting night for Baltimar. He will soon be competing in a 4-way Lightcycle game as part of the opening rounds of the local Cycle Battles. He's confident his vintage Argon Lightcycle and disc combat skills will see him through the match.

For Baltimar, though, this year's particular Cycle Battles are not simply about the game. Baltimar hopes that by being crowned champion, he will be able to make a name of himself and finally get an invitation to the world-renowned Disc Wars. They are known to be brutal and merciless, but Baltimar is up for the challenge.

As the confident program is ready to leave his apartment, he gets a status alert on his disc. He opens up the GUI and accesses his messages. And there it is, in urgent, red letters:
*ATTENTION CYCLE BATTLES PARTICIPANTS*
It is our displeasure to inform you that this year's Cycle Battles Event is currently CANCELLED due to a cyber-terrorist attack which has temporarily crashed the social networking site Facebook's main server. AGAIN, the Event is currently CANCELLED. Do not attempt to attend the Event. Please watch for further instructions and news.
-The Battle Cycles Comity

No! He can't believe it! He had trained for several weeks for this competition and had polished up his Lightcycle in anticipation, only to have the whole thing cancelled by some punks. Baltimar hasn't been this angry in a long time. Well, that's it. He's going to get to the bottom of this right now...on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill onlineorder abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pillabortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

LWSrocks2
User

on Thursday, July, 19, 2012 5:24 PM
OOC: So, I'm assuming that all of us are already on the "net vigilantes" side, but I'm not sure, I guess I never made that clear. So have our characters joined yet, or not?where to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

ShadowSpark
User

on Thursday, July, 19, 2012 5:59 PM
LWSrocks2 Wrote:OOC: So, I'm assuming that all of us are already on the "net vigilantes" side, but I'm not sure, I guess I never made that clear. So have our characters joined yet, or not?

{OOC: I suppose it depends on what the character's profile says}

Name: Spark

Type of Program: Original function was Outlands Exploration/Security/Research. Recompiled by Sam Flynn into an investigation program and sent into the internet to determine what features - security and otherwise - the Grid will need before it can be connected to the net.

Side: Vigilantes

Reason for Joining Side: An attack left Spark unable to communicate with or report to Sam Flynn, leaving her directive unfulfilled until her self-repair functions finish working. The vigilantes rescued her and gave her a place to rest while she healed. While the physical damage has been repaired, her links to the I/O functions - her ability to report to/communicate with the Users - will take much longer to heal. Not one to sit around and do nothing, Spark lends her experience and expertise to the vigilante's cause, working in almost any capacity, from healer to mechanic to code breaker. Has learned to modify disks/vehicles/batons - both her own and others - and shares that experience as well.

Physical Appearance: 5’6’’, medium-length black hair (falls past the shoulder blades, always braided, most of the time it’s a simple braid, but sometimes she does it a little fancier), deep blue eyes(that always have a liquid shimmer to them), black outfit, blue-white circuitry. Her helmet can become opaque at will and is often worn that way.

Weapons/Vehicles: Highly skilled with the duel Identity Disks, some skill with the Light-Staff and Light-Katana. Carries two batons, each with several special subroutines: Off-Grid Light-Cycle, Normal Light-Cycle, Light-Jet, prototype ‘Shadow-Cloak’ for each vehicle.

Personality Description: Very much a loner, Spark spent most of her time in the Outlands, whether she’s on duty or not. Even before the coup, Spark rarely stayed long in Tron City, or any of the other major population centers of the Grid. She would come in, deliver her report, and vanish again. Even when she was in the city, she preferred to stay in the background, and was easy to miss. Even now, in the midst of the internet, Spark dislikes crowds and will keep to herself. She is kind, yet somewhat distant. It takes a lot to earn her trust, but once earned, she is a loyal friend. Break her trust, however, and your chances of earning it back are close to zero. Make an enemy out of her, and you won’t survive very long if she decides she wants you gone.

History: Spark was created by Kevin Flynn about a cycle after the ISOs started to appear. Her function is to explore the Outlands and gather data and to report any anomalies that she finds there. She reports to Flynn directly, or to Tron if Flynn isn’t present. Designed to survive the low-energy environment of the Outlands, and to be able to find and use whatever natural energy sources are out there. Was a friend to the ISOs, especially the ones who inhabited the Bostrum colony. Was one of the few Basics who were allowed to visit the colony on a regular basis.

Spark was on her way back to Tron City to make a report when the coup took place. She was at the Bostrum colony when Abraxas attacked, and helped Flynn escape from there. After, she helped Flynn find the place for his safehouse - giving him a list of possible locations that would be ideal. She brought Flynn news of what was happening in Tron City, and taught Quorra how to be inconspicuous. After Abraxas' first appearance at the co-administration ceremony, Flynn thought that a program who often went alone into the Outlands might need some protection from possible infection, so he used an experimental encryption cypher on her disk. That encryption gave her enough protection from Clu's repurposing so she could vanish.

After the purge, Spark’s forays into Tron City became even shorter and less common. She would stay long enough to hear news, then leave again. Clu did not know that she helped Flynn, and when he questioned her, she told him that she wanted no part in his power games. She would not hinder him, but she would not help him. Clu was unwilling to derezz her at that time, thinking he might find a use for her later, and did not have the time or energy to try and break Flynn's encryption right then, so he let her go, planning to recapture her at another time. Spark anticipated this, and dropped out of sight as soon as she was free. After the reintegration, Spark’s visits to Tron City increased again, leading her to the meeting with Sam Flynn that resulted in her transfer to the net. But she is still wary, as she has always been.

----Post----

Watching from her perch on top of a building, Spark's eyes narrowed as she saw a thin program approach Thane. While she didn't much care for the green-circuited one, she had agreed to play guard and provide backup if necessary. And it looked like it was going to be necessary. Great, she thought as she saw Thane fall and the thin program pick him up and walk away. Spark stood and made for an intercept course. The small program turned a corner and Spark dropped down to land in front of him, disks in hand. "Release him. Now," she growled.order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pillabortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

{A very big thanks to FlynnOne for the pic! And to Wulfeous for sharpening the details!*huggles both*}
{Because people always seem to guess wrong, I'm saying it here: I'm female!!! And my name is Spark!!!}

Tron Lives!

Please click here to help my family out.

_Masquerade_
User

on Thursday, July, 19, 2012 8:20 PM
OOC - I was not under the impression that I had joined the vigilante side yet.

Not one to "wait for instructions and news", Baltimar decides to head out to the Business Grid. As the program of an everyday user, Baltimar has seldom left the Public Grid, and is excited for his trip, despite the previous disheartening news. Rezzing his coat on, he heads out onto the night street. The atmosphere tonight is... off. After the explosion that rocked Facebook, patrol programs have been crawling all through the cities, and many vagabonds have left their usual hangouts. Even out here, the Business Grid has a large impact.

Baltimar approaches the Transport Station to get a bus ticket. The female program at the counter eyes him suspiciously. When the hood is up, Baltimar tends to lose the usual radiance of his personality. While waiting for the next bus, Baltimar glances at the tickers strewn about. Of course, all they say are real-time news updates on the attack. Many officials are reportedly in their way to the scene. Hopefully Baltimar can get a good first look.

As Baltimar leaves the bus, he pulls out his Lightcycle baton and rezzes his bike up. The cycle is his prized Argon Lightcycle. Some of the forward plating has been stripped and modified for better steering control. On the left side is a glowing decal depicting a pair of eyes. His clothes turn into his Grid armor, featuring super flexible joints and a large gauntlet on his left arm. As Baltimar races down the road, he notices a group of shady individuals conversing by an alley. They wear dark visors obscuring their eyes, and one of the three appears to be trying to get a hold of someone on his communicator.

After a few minutes, Baltimar rounds a corner to find an interesting scene. Two programs appear to be struggling with another very odd-looking program, short in demeanor with bizarre facial hair.

"Now what in the world is going on here?" Baltimar questions the programs, before one of the duo, a fierce-looking woman, presumably gets ready to kick the short one's a** straight to the next cycle...

LWSrocks2
User

on Thursday, July, 19, 2012 9:48 PM
OOC: I get the impression that Spark is already in the group with Thane, so Spark, correct me if I'm wrong.

--DERRICK--

I walked off with the newly injured program, when I was stopped by someone. I thought she looked familiar, but I couldn't quite put my finger on it. She held her disk up, and told me to release Thane. I spent a moment contemplating exactly how I should handle the situation. It was obvious that I was causing a scene- a few programs in the distance were staring. However, I figured that with Thane having been so easy to capture this time, we could send in another one of our operatives later and catch him. So, reluctantly, I dropped him at the girl's feet and fled the scene.

--THANE--

When I regained consciousness, I looked up and saw Spark staring down at me. "What... what happened?" I asked. I stood up, and brushed off my shoulders. "Last thing I remember was an explosion..." I bent over, and picked up one of the live feed news tickers. It said "Explosion at the Facebook Headquarters". I sighed, as the memories began to slowly refill themselves. I was at Facebook, sending a message to a colleague. I thought to myself, better contact him, and make sure he wasn't damaged.

ShadowSpark
User

on Thursday, July, 19, 2012 11:18 PM
LWSrocks2 Wrote:OOC: I get the impression that Spark is already in the group with Thane, so Spark, correct me if I'm wrong.

{OOC: That would be correct. Spark's played back-up for Thane before, though her usual mission is to follow Thane's 'customer' if he gives her a signal or if she recognizes the program as one who's been flagged. The two of them make a surprisingly good team, despite the fact that Spark doesn't care much for Thane. Of course, he's trying to win her over. Not sure if it'll work, though.}

LWSrocks2 Wrote:
--DERRICK--

I walked off with the newly injured program, when I was stopped by someone. I thought she looked familiar, but I couldn't quite put my finger on it. She held her disk up, and told me to release Thane. I spent a moment contemplating exactly how I should handle the situation. It was obvious that I was causing a scene- a few programs in the distance were staring. However, I figured that with Thane having been so easy to capture this time, we could send in another one of our operatives later and catch him. So, reluctantly, I dropped him at the girl's feet and fled the scene.

--THANE--

When I regained consciousness, I looked up and saw Spark staring down at me. "What... what happened?" I asked. I stood up, and brushed off my shoulders. "Last thing I remember was an explosion..." I bent over, and picked up one of the live feed news tickers. It said "Explosion at the Facebook Headquarters". I sighed, as the memories began to slowly refill themselves. I was at Facebook, sending a message to a colleague. I thought to myself, better contact him, and make sure he wasn't damaged.

Spark's frown deepened as she watched the orange-circuited program - who she now recognized as one she'd met a couple of times before - drop Thane and flee. Part of her mission was to follow anyone that set off alerts, and this one certainly did, but she had to check on her partner first. And I should see what I can do to help those programs at Facebook HQ, she thought as she knelt by Thane's unconscious form. That was a nasty blast, and there are bound to be casualties. I can find Derrek later.

Spark gave a slight sigh of relief as Thane came to. She helped him to his feet and ran a quick scan for damage. "You walked into a trap," she answered his question. "I've had a couple of run-ins with that program before. His name's Derrek. He masquerades as a basic Captcha program - I think was one originally - and he has the clearances, but he goes overboard when it comes to...apprehending suspects. The fact that he didn't try to derezz you when you were down worries me. It means he's not working independently anymore."

Spark shook her head. "I think capturing you would just have been a bonus," she added. "Facebook HQ was the real target. We should get back there, see how we can help."where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

{A very big thanks to FlynnOne for the pic! And to Wulfeous for sharpening the details!*huggles both*}
{Because people always seem to guess wrong, I'm saying it here: I'm female!!! And my name is Spark!!!}

Tron Lives!

KingJ.exe
User

on Thursday, July, 19, 2012 11:50 PM
OOC: I might as well give this a shot..l
-----------------------

CHARACTER FORM:

Name: Tarker
Age: He would look 20-21 in human years, not sure how that translates to cycles.
Type of Program: (Basically, what your functions are) : He's a hacking program that Sam Flynn wrote for both recovering lost files and eventually for work with law enforcement.
Side: Vigilantes.
Reason for Joining Side: He was written with a strong sense of justice. He believes pirating materials is wrong, but he thinks that the vandals are equally if not more wrong as well. They are also the more pressing issue at the moment.
Physical Appearance: He has dark green circuitry, in the simple yet slightly complex style of Legacy. He usually has a long trenchcoat that can be rezzed up into his shoulder armor, similar to Tesler in Beck's Beginning. He has a youthful exuberance to his face, with a tousle of hair that can sometimes get in his eyes, but isn't much longer. He has sideburns, brown, to match his hair. His helmet is fairly unique, being made not only for protection during battle, but also to see farther and behind things as well, so it has several glowing circles over where his right eye would be. These rotate as he switches functions.
Personality Description: Young, brash, and bold. He is an eternal optimist, and always tries to have a wisecrack ready. He doesn't have much experience, since his first mission was a test by Sam to try to hack a friend's Facebook account. The vandal attack left him cut off from Sam and slightly disoriented.
Extra Information: As a hacking program, he was designed to be a jack of all trades, although a master of none. He can hold his own against most programs on the grid, probably most on the net, but a true master can put him in his place. However, if Tarker is able to use his great agility to its maximum potential, he may come out on top. He carries his disk, a lightjet baton, a light cycle baton, and a katana-baton, as well as some light grenades.

IC: Tarker reeled in the aftermath of the explosion. His connection to Sam was lost. Facebook was smashed up, and he had a scratch or two, but for the most part some quick movement left him unscathed. He wanted to find out who did this, and use his skills to stop them. He really had nothing better to do, since Facebook would be offline for a while. He spotted a couple of programs entering the wreckage. "Hey!" he shouted, and ran over to them. "There's a lot of hurt programs here, and I'm no good with fixing them up. Could you lend a hand so I can find out who did this without having hundreds of derezzed programs I could have helped on my conscience?"

Watch me stream TRON 2.0 on my YouTube channel!
https://gaming.youtube.com/channel/UCvvT-h8JK4w1xgKavs35WHg/live

Find the archive here:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLf9ZcCtZm_CjonNAjms4wKN-p6UuiCMgZ

ShadowSpark
User

on Friday, July, 20, 2012 12:45 AM
KingJ.exe Wrote:OOC: I might as well give this a shot..!

{OOC: Welcome aboard! Hope you don't mind me expanding on your character's past. If you do, let me know and I'll change my post.}

KingJ.exe Wrote:Tarker reeled in the aftermath of the explosion. His connection to Sam was lost. Facebook was smashed up, and he had a scratch or two, but for the most part some quick movement left him unscathed. He wanted to find out who did this, and use his skills to stop them. He really had nothing better to do, since Facebook would be offline for a while. He spotted a couple of programs entering the wreckage. "Hey!" he shouted, and ran over to them. "There's a lot of hurt programs here, and I'm no good with fixing them up. Could you lend a hand so I can find out who did this without having hundreds of derezzed programs I could have helped on my conscience?"

Spark half-caught and steadied the program that ran into her. "Tarke? Is that really you?" The former exploration program was shocked to see the hacker program that Sam had instructed to show her around when she moved into the open network for the first time. "You're alive! When I couldn't find or contact you after the attack on the Tower, I thought you'd been derezzed!"

Spark's relief upon finding the first program she'd known in the open net was tempered by the program's condition and his question. "Considering we already know who did this, that would be a waste of time on your part. And I can use every pair of hands to help me with triage. This is Thane, by the way." Spark motioned to the program next to her. "Come on, let's start getting people out of the wreckage."

Tron Lives!

_Masquerade_
User

on Friday, July, 20, 2012 12:51 AM
As crowds of people come to survey the scene (at a safe distance, they can't be bothered to actually help anyone), Baltimar decides to step out of the shadows of the skyscrapers dominating the city. The atmosphere leaves him with a bad feeling, so he keeps his Grid armor on, with his disc ready for any more trouble. As he comes toward the scene, he notices many programs strewn about from the explosion. As Baltimar makes his way to the entrance of Facebook HQ, he assists nearby programs, releasing them from the rubble using his disc to cut the debris. The two programs from earlier appear to be conversing with a green-colored program, boasting unique headgear featuring many lenses, while the weird short man has run off to who-knows-where. Becoming interested in what they are discussing, he approaches the group and taps the big guy on the shoulder.

"Hey guys, I don't mean to interrupt, but can any of you please tell me what on the Grid is happening here?" Baltimar questions them. "I'm not from around these parts, so I'm not really in the loop on anything happening here..."where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

KingJ.exe
User

on Friday, July, 20, 2012 6:59 AM
OOC: No problem Spark. That sounds great.
IC: "Spark? I'm such a bit-brain! I didn't recognize you at first." Tarker retracted his helmet and began to try to pull some rubble off of a hurt program. "I dunno exactly what happened myself." he said to the newcomer. "I was doing my job here, when all of a sudden, BOOM! I know someone did it, because it was too violent for a simple server crash. That, and Spark and Thane seem to know who did it. The names Tarker by the way."

Find the archive here:

LWSrocks2
User

on Friday, July, 20, 2012 3:40 PM
--THANE--

"Greetings, program. I'm Thane. I'm a... weapons specialist," I said, always coming up with different careers for whenever I met a new program. "Now, look- How about you guys go ahead and help some of the injured. I have to find this... uh, Derrick guy. I'm going to derezz him when I find him." It's not that I was bad at helping the injured programs, I just... I didn't want to. It brought back painful memories that I didn't want to revisit. An attack on a building awhile ago, back in the beginnings of the net, before I became a distributor. And so, I walked on ahead, under the guise of chasing Derrick- and I went back to our main grid.

When I returned, the next day, Facebook had been completely repaired.

KingJ.exe
User

on Friday, July, 20, 2012 4:09 PM
Tarker was hanging around Facebook, trying to figure out a way past the heightened security so he could do what he came for when he saw Thane walk by. He greeted him. "Hey, Thane, wasn't it? Did you have any luck yesterday, tracking down... Derrick, was it?"order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

Find the archive here:

LWSrocks2
User

on Friday, July, 20, 2012 7:50 PM
OOC: I think Derrick needs another villain to interact with :P If any of you are open to adding a second character, that'd be great.

--THANE--

"No luck on that front, I'm afraid," I said, to Tarker. "What we need to do is team up against those terrorists. They managed to take down Facebook, what's next? Twitter? YouTube? We need to stop the next attack before it happens. Spark and I already work as a team, how about you join us?"

--DERRICK--

Those fools. Thinking they can stop the uprising... they're already too late. After the female program stopped me, I decided it was time for me to take some of the money I'd saved up and spend it on some... modifications. If I can't hold my own in combat, there's no way I'll be successful. So I entered a Mod Shop, and had them load some extra characteristics onto my disk. That way, as long as the disk is tethered to my circuitry, I'll be bigger, stronger, faster, and, while this is just a bonus- more handsome.

After my disk got back from the shop, I placed it on my back and watched my circuitry spread throughout my body, as my scrawniness turned into muscle, and my mousy face became more defined. As I tried to speak, my voice had become deeper. I was Derrick 2.0! I felt amazing- and I knew that the first thing I should do with my new power... was take out our next target.

I rounded up my anti-piracy comrades, and decided what our next target would be. We flew our light jets across the vast internet when we came upon a huge, huge, huge building. It was bigger than any of us had dreamed; and impossibly difficult to destroy. We figured Thane and his comrades would be here, since it's practically the main hub for pirated material distribution; it was called...

...The Pirate Bay. where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

KingJ.exe
User

on Friday, July, 20, 2012 11:14 PM
"I'm good with that. I don't think I'll be able to, ah... Complete my given directive here for a while." He didn't know Thane very well, and while it was just Sam's friend's account he was hacking, and they'd probably laugh about it later over a "beer", whatever that was, his actions were less than legal. Speaking of which, he probably would want to disguise his function. "Hey, while we're trying to figure out their next target, do you know a place I can pick up a recorder for cheap? I'm no mechanic, but I would like to be able to change my outfit a bit more."

OOC: Gotta say two things: First, I really like the relationship Thane and Tarker has going on. They really don't know what the other's up too, because they are both involved in slightly less than legal activities. Second, this plays on an idea I had regarding circuitry in TRON: Legacy and Uprising. I think that the circuitry patterns in these forms of media represent the program's function, for instance, all the gladiators in the games have the same circuitry, page and her two friends shared circuitry, as they were all medical programs, Quorra and her ISO friend shared circuitry, etc. I think that the programs get SOME individual choice,(eg., Beck, Mara and Zed don't all share a similar pattern) but for a lot of it it's like a uniform, designating their jobs. You can look at a program, and if you knew what to look for, you could say, okay, he has this distinctive characteristic in his circuitry. He's an actuarial program.

Find the archive here:

LWSrocks2
User

on Saturday, July, 21, 2012 2:39 AM
--THANE--

"Ah, yeah.. If you exit this sector at the North Gate, and just go straight down Construct Lane, you should see a Circuit-Mod Shop next to the YouTube theater," Thane said. "Although if you're going to team up with us, I could use some sort of way to keep in touch with you. I'm going to talk with Spark the next time I see her and maybe get her thoughts on the situation. I'm sure Derrick, and whoever he's working for, are up to something- and we need to be ready and prepared." As soon as I got contact info from him, I said, "Alright. The Dark Knight Rises came out today, and I'm sure hundreds of programs are looking for a free, quick way to watch it- so I'm gonna go back to my alley and set up shop."

OOC: Yeah, I like it too. I also have a couple theories on circuit design: I think the complexity of the circuitry represents the level of function the program has. Low function programs have less complex circuitry, and higher ones are more complicated.

ShadowSpark
User

on Saturday, July, 21, 2012 6:36 PM
Spark followed Derrek to a mod shop, swung up onto a balcony and crouched in the shadows to wait for the red-circuited program to come out. As soon as the repair programs had arrived at Facebook HQ, Spark had left Thane with Tarker and went to track Derrek. Every program left a unique energy signature and Spark was very good at separating them. She hissed softly as Derrek's appearance changed. That's gonna make things a little tougher, she thought.

Spark shadowed the group of light-jets with her own, cloak fully active. Her eyes went very wide as she saw what they were after. Scrap! One hand flew to her ear and she sent a priority one communications request to Thane. "Thane, you've got to evacuate the Bay! That's the next target and Derrek and his group are on a bomb run right now! I'll try to keep them busy but I can't keep it up on my own for long." Spark cut the connection before Thane could protest, and deactivated the cloak on her jet. A touch to another button activated the light-wall and Spark dove towards the other jets, her weapons blazing. One red jet fell to pixels under Spark's furious assault, and the others looped away from the unexpected attack. One down, six to go, Spark thought.

But the other six jets were re-grouping, and Spark knew she didn't stand much of a chance against them all. I'm an explorer, not a warrior, she grumbled to herself. And I could really use some help right about now.

Tron Lives!

LWSrocks2
User

on Saturday, July, 21, 2012 7:38 PM
--THANE--

After sending Tarker off, I received the transmission from Spark. "Tarker, wait!" I called out, seeing as he hadn't gotten too far. "We have to get to the Pirate Bay. There's a terrorist attack!" I rezzed up my light jet, hoping Tarker would come along, and flew across the internet, where I saw a few light jets and explosions in the distance. I recognized Spark's light jet, derezzing an enemy vehicle. "DAMN IT!" I shouted, looking down at Derrick. He'd abandoned his jet, and began lobbing grid bombs at the Pirate Bay gates. I dived in, shooting at him with my turrets, but it was no use- the shots scattered too far to land a hit. I jumped off, and began chasing Derrick on foot.

He looked different, for some reason- Was it really Derrick I was following? I only recognized him by face- as I got closer to him, I noticed he seemed much bigger. Either way, he wasn't on our side, and I saw him lob the grenades. Derrick or not, he's still an enemy. I began to weild my disk in an offensive stance. I threw it at him, but he deflected it. "Derrick?" I asked. "You've gotten much stronger."

--DERRICK--

The attack was underway. As our light jets had approached the Pirate Bay, I remember seeing someone on our tail. I turned to my left, and my accomplice, Eve, was derezzed by the shiny blue light jet I had seen in the distance a few seconds before. "Shit." I said. "We need a new course of action, somebody's on our tail. Alec and Jason, you two take down the blue guy," Alec and Jason were disposable- easy to replace. "And I'll start setting off the explosives." I landed.

Thats when two other light jets came. I watched Thane jump out, and follow me into the Bay. "Derrick?" I heard him ask. "You've gotten much stronger." I pulled out my disk.

"That's because I have."
----
OOC: I'm going to stop here in case any of you decide to join the party

KingJ.exe
User

on Saturday, July, 21, 2012 8:53 PM
IC: Tarker was right behind Thane. He let Thane take the large-ish looking guy he jumped off to follow, and decided to help Spark. "Greetings programs!" he shouted to the enemy. "Try to keep up." He pulled his craft into a sharp climb, shooting up in front of one jet. The jet hit the lightwall but the program bailed and continued toward the bay. "Not that the place doesn't need shut down perhaps, but you guys aren't the ones to do it. Contact the proper authorities. When you're rewritten." His disk flew, and the program fell. He then turned to see if Spark needed more help.abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

Find the archive here:

Page: of 7 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 Game Grid