TRON: LEGACY 
 Dear Disney: Tron Sequel Ideas

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments: FirstPrevious Page: of 5 PagesNextLast
Darth Tronage
User

RE: Dear Disney: Tron Sequel Ideas

on Sunday, June, 26, 2011 7:47 PM
I know some have said to stay away from an internet themed story, but what is the biggest threat and source of communication? The net. Think about how we are all connected through wireless devices now. My wife's bank account was hacked by someone in the UK (we live in the US) and we never even purchased anything from the UK. And they used it to purchase 90, 70 and 60 dollars worth of pizza, of all things. My pc mic turned on even though the physical switch on it was in the off position. I had to unplug it in order to turn it off. People use phones with GPS and cars with OnStar. I heard on the news a while back, that a school had assigned laptops with the built in cameras. It turns out they were listening in and watching students. My Facebook account was hacked once. The address that Facebook had shown me was the same as a bill collector's. And the list goes on.

It would be stupid to completely avoid the internet all together in the next film. It is a source of great power for good and evil. Not isomorphic algorithms. I use it to learn 3d modeling, building closets, fixing my daughters DS, etc. I use it to learn just about anything. Heck, my daughters are getting into that stage where they want to learn how to style there hair and wear makeup. They found videos on Youtube showing how it's done.

And lets not forget, Sam used the web to give away the companies new OS for free. The net has to play a part in some kind of way. Otherwise, we're just ignoring the elephant in the room.

Jet Lives!

Pilgrim1099
User

on Sunday, June, 26, 2011 8:32 PM
Darth Tronage,

Absolutely. The internet has to play a role in this. Think about it. CLU wanted perfection and cleansed the Grid of the ISOs (would've been nice if he cleansed the Grid full of Jar Jars and Midichlorians). He viewed the ISOs as inferior immigrants that migrated into the Grid.

Now, consider Sam downloading the Grid into ENCOM's system. You have the '1989' system going into ENCOM that is now already far more advanced through many years of upgrades, especially the ORIGINAL Tron. Consider that the TRON/RINZLER program was actually a copy of the original. The copy's only upgrade went as far as 1989 until Flynn got trapped. After that, that was Rinzler's ceiling limit to what he can do.

Compare that to the original Tron in ENCOM that is probably still around but has had Alan around up til 2009 (20 years later) to be updated daily. Imagine the ENCOM Tron's capabilities.

Now, when you have '1989' Tron and the re-integrated Flynn resurfacing into ENCOM's system along with Clu (I hope to God they bring him back. They must), then it would be them that are now the illegal 'immigrants' of the ENCOM grid.

ENCOM's Grid system will look down on Flynn's '1989' grid as inferior and may attempt to cleanse it, especially the fact you have other 'immigrating' or transplanting programs coming in and out of server through the internet. That is a LOT for one program to handle. CLU could have handled the isolated server quite easily, but an integrated grid connected to the internet?

That requires a lot of 'traffic' regulation that only an MCP or a highly evolved program can pull off. Or a group of programs dedicated to that task. So, in effect, I'm gonna raise something that not even the LOST boys have the intellectual fortitude to think of nor pull off.

To regulate the internet threat, ENCOM Tron has his own circle of security programs. The best of the best. Think King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table. Get it? CLU could, by redemption, be admitted to that Order. But he must pass the trials for that.

In a way, CLU would now be subjected to the discrimination by superior programs that he, himself, projected onto the ISOs in the first place. That's his ultimate lesson to succeed that.

So, how will Flynn's 'transplanting' Grid get along with the ENCOM system when there are two Tron cities? That's a cataclysm right there for such a merger not too different from the Dark Crystal where two races merged to become one.

And I think Sam's memory card upload could cause a lot of problems unless he works the bugs out for the '1989' Grid to integrate into ENCOM smoothly.

EDIT: By the way, I don't think they can resolve all the story holes from Legacy completely in the third film. They can't afford to compress all this and will have no choice but to shoot two films back to back leading to a fourth chapter that ends it all.

Look at Peter Jackon's The Hobbit. I heard they're doing it back to back, splitting it in two parts. If this is the case, then shooting Tron 3 and 4 is the wisest thing to do.

cool83
User

on Monday, June, 27, 2011 9:51 PM
I brought this over from another thread. This would be a good way to bring back Lora/Yori to the story. The Special Team I speak of was trained by Yori, on Flynn's Grid. S.H.I.E.L.D, from Marvel, now a disney property, knows about everything.

RenegadeProgram Wrote:Just for the simple fact that:
A)The Shiva Laser is still an integral part of the TRONiverse;
B)Lora pioneered it, along with the late Dr. Walter Gibbs;

Lora/Yori should have had a part in Tron: Legacy, and she should have a part in TR3N, as well as TRON: UPRISING. I didn't like that whole, "Lora goes to D.C." thing they put in the comic book, and while it was cool to see her at the ENCOM press conference, they still could have worked her into the film, especially helping Flynn with setting up Flynn's version of the Shiva Laser, and helping him with writing the algorithm that enabled Flynn to go back and forth between the real world and the Grid.

I say Lora/Yori for TR3N and TRON: UPRISING!!!!! She's as integral to the TRONiverse as Alan, Flynn, and Tron are.

I agree. Flynn had to have had help. Who better to trust than Dr. Lora Baines?

How about this for a cool plot twist. How about we find out that she has been working with S.H.I.E.L.D, with this guy:

Let's say that S.H.I.E.L.D knows all about the Grid, with their own Agent Warriors, trained for the Grid. I see agent Phil Coulson and Lora getting Sam, Quorra, Ed Jr., on the grid...with some well trained help. Don't worry about their experience and training, they have been on Flynn's Grid almost from the beginning.

FlynnsWrist
User

on Tuesday, June, 28, 2011 2:10 AM
how about this. ClU and Flynn decided that the leathery perforated costumes where cuntishly hideous and @#$%. so they decided to go full circuit with glow. too difficult and expensive you say producer? well, thats what tron is, isnt it? YOu said "A digital frontier". I heard you said "A digital frontier" well wat the @#$% are we wearing leather with perofations? you like the squeaky brushing sound every few seconds when you figid?

**Edited by BTW**
Watch the language

TRON.dll
User

on Tuesday, June, 28, 2011 12:36 PM
cool83 Wrote:Let's say that S.H.I.E.L.D knows all about the Grid, with their own Agent Warriors, trained for the Grid. I see agent Phil Coulson and Lora getting Sam, Quorra, Ed Jr., on the grid...with some well trained help.

TRON 2.0 already did this, though in a much more antagonistic way.

SPOILER... Mouse Over To Read:
FCon puts several hackers they've hired through vigorous physical training, and then digitizes them so that they can easily steal credit card info, social security numbers, emails, and whatnot in order to have complete control over the world's flow of digital information.

TRON 2.0 (PC) name - TRON.dll
I'll play any mode, but I'm best at LC.

PSN - TRON-dll
XBOX Live/Games for Windows Live - TRONdll
-I have a Wii, DS, and 3DS. PM me to exchange friend codes.

cool83
User

on Wednesday, June, 29, 2011 12:43 AM
FlynnsWrist Wrote:how about this. ClU and Flynn decided that the leathery perforated costumes where cuntishly hideous and @#$%. so they decided to go full circuit with glow. too difficult and expensive you say producer? well, thats what tron is, isnt it? YOu said "A digital frontier". I heard you said "A digital frontier" well wat the @#$% are we wearing leather with perofations? you like the squeaky brushing sound every few seconds when you figid?

**Edited by BTW**
Watch the language

The perforations were to keep the actors cool. Like the first Tron, the costumes were not very comfortable. Last time it was the thong. This time it was the heat. They had a cooling tunnel on set, to blow a/c air on them between shots.

cool83
User

on Wednesday, June, 29, 2011 1:30 AM
TRON.dll Wrote:
cool83 Wrote:Let's say that S.H.I.E.L.D knows all about the Grid, with their own Agent Warriors, trained for the Grid. I see agent Phil Coulson and Lora getting Sam, Quorra, Ed Jr., on the grid...with some well trained help.

TRON 2.0 already did this, though in a much more antagonistic way.

SPOILER... Mouse Over To Read:
FCon puts several hackers they've hired through vigorous physical training, and then digitizes them so that they can easily steal credit card info, social security numbers, emails, and whatnot in order to have complete control over the world's flow of digital information.

Sorry, never played Tron 2.0. I'm a PlayStation man. Never could get used to the mouse/keyboard control setup.

AriesT
User

on Wednesday, June, 29, 2011 11:39 PM
Jesus, please keep this thread serious and creative.
FlynnsWrist: Stop swearing, stupid kid!!!

I will update this topic with some more details in my mind this evening. Gotta go to work now.

Kat
User

on Friday, July, 01, 2011 8:18 PM
Okay, after hearing Eric Whitacre's "Mermaid" theme from Pirates.... Disney. Please. Collaborate with this fantastical man again and let him do something for TR3N with DP. Please. (and really. Call me for recording. I'd die of joy to work with Whitacre and on Tron, and I'm certain I could pull it off.)

(Maybe a track by Deadmau5 too. Some of his stuff might fit well in some of the more reflective moments of the film, like reminds me a bit of the "Arrival" and "Nocturne" tracks from the soundtrack.)

Don't get me wrong, I think DP is awesome with the stuff they've done for the films, and I'd be pissed if they weren't kept on for TR3N, so don't think I'm suggesting other people because I don't like what they did with T:L. But there are other composers/artists who could rock a guest track as well and I'd like to see what they'd come up with.abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

What do you want? I'm busy.

Program, please!

Chaos.... good news.

pilotpriest
User

on Friday, July, 01, 2011 10:49 PM
Why not have a Wendy Carlos/Daft Punk collab?

Kat
User

on Friday, July, 01, 2011 11:48 PM
pilotpriest Wrote:Why not have a Wendy Carlos/Daft Punk collab?
Could work. I've never heard Wendy Carlos though so I can't speak to it.

Program, please!

Chaos.... good news.

AriesT
User

on Saturday, July, 02, 2011 2:54 AM
Kat Wrote:Could work. I've never heard Wendy Carlos though so I can't speak to it.
In my opinion it would be great, if they revive some parts of the old TRON main theme for TRON himself. If they revive TRON during the movie (and they should do this in the first half of the film), this would be an iconic moment for TRON when his old track plays in a new, even more powerful version.

Kat
User

on Saturday, July, 02, 2011 11:01 AM
AriesT Wrote:
Kat Wrote:Could work. I've never heard Wendy Carlos though so I can't speak to it.
In my opinion it would be great, if they revive some parts of the old TRON main theme for TRON himself. If they revive TRON during the movie (and they should do this in the first half of the film), this would be an iconic moment for TRON when his old track plays in a new, even more powerful version.
Y'know, I'd wondered if DP ought not to remix some of the older stuff. I bet they'd do a kickass job with it.

Program, please!

Chaos.... good news.

Argent
User

on Saturday, July, 02, 2011 3:00 PM
Just wanted to let you guys know I'm still alive and following this thread with interest, even if I've been too busy to add much to it myself. I definitely have some thoughts, which I'm going to try to post sometime soon.

LWSrocks2
User

on Saturday, July, 02, 2011 9:39 PM
Kat Wrote:Okay, after hearing Eric Whitacre's "Mermaid" theme from Pirates.... Disney. Please. Collaborate with this fantastical man again and let him do something for TR3N with DP. Please. (and really. Call me for recording. I'd die of joy to work with Whitacre and on Tron, and I'm certain I could pull it off.)

(Maybe a track by Deadmau5 too. Some of his stuff might fit well in some of the more reflective moments of the film, like reminds me a bit of the "Arrival" and "Nocturne" tracks from the soundtrack.)

Don't get me wrong, I think DP is awesome with the stuff they've done for the films, and I'd be pissed if they weren't kept on for TR3N, so don't think I'm suggesting other people because I don't like what they did with T:L. But there are other composers/artists who could rock a guest track as well and I'd like to see what they'd come up with.

Okay Kat, you just about won the UNIVERSE when you suggested deadmau5.

Kat
User

on Saturday, July, 02, 2011 11:26 PM
I have yet to really decide what I think of his stuff, but I've been doing some Youtube listening at work and I like some of it. I'm so picky about my electronica, though. I mean, I like some of his stuff, but I don't think he's the utter genius some people seem to think he is.

One of our interns is going ot see him this summer though...that'd be kinda cool.

I could totally see him doing a track for TR3N.order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pillwhere to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

Program, please!

Chaos.... good news.

AriesT
User

on Sunday, July, 03, 2011 3:45 AM
Deadmau5, however, has one big problem all modern DJs / electronic artists have: His tracks do not have a (good) melody beside the nice beats and synthesizers. So if you want to integrate him into TR3N, make sure it is an unimportant track which does not need a melody or the main theme in it.

I was thinking about the acts again. I am still thinking the movie can 4 parts / story strings and it would be the best to split it into 2 movies. So all needed and interesting characters have enough screen time.

First 100-120 minutes:
Show Sam talking to Alan about what he saw in the GRID. He believes Sam and gets him in contact with RAM. He helps him restoring TRON. Then let him search the fragmented pieces of TRON (with some complication and enemies and stuff of course). The first movie can end with a cliffhanger. That Sam has a chance to get his dad out of the GRID.

Second 100-120 minutes:
Show Sam facing off Dillinger and twist the story within a fight that Dillinger is not the bad guy. (which is teasered in the conference scene, he was quite happy the data was hacked).
Then he helps Sam resurrecting Flynn. This could again be a outside-inside switch sequence in which Sam searches the pieces inside and Ed navigates him from the outside. After resurrecting Flynn, get him out of the GRID and PLEASE show the most emotional scene of all 3 movies. Disney, show some real emotions! Not like the rather cold meeting in Flynns hiding place. For the finale, all the good guys will fight the real evil.

For the fight scene Sam vs. Dillinger GRID program:
This could be the fight I was writing in my first post here. Now I know how the fight ends:
Dillinger turns down everything on the GRID and stops the fight, showing he actually is on Sams side.

For the final fight scene:
One possible goal could be to get the company and especially the software back in Flynns and Bradleys hands. And proof that the bad guys are corrupted. All of them, TRON, Sam, Dillinger, maybe Flynn from the outside (hacking the Encom server) and of course Quorra. This finale could be a disc battle, the franchise has never seen before. If the bad guy simultanously hacks and changes the GRID from the outside and produces traps and stuff, this could be very intense.

As for Flynn:
He should only be a supporting role. However, we need Jeff to have a constant in the film, as well as we need TRON come back quite early in the film. Otherwise, it would be a good idea to devide the film into 2 parts.

I have more detailed scenes in my mind, gotta write them down sometime this week.

Pilgrim1099
User

on Sunday, July, 03, 2011 8:46 AM
Kat Wrote:I have yet to really decide what I think of his stuff, but I've been doing some Youtube listening at work and I like some of it. I'm so picky about my electronica, though. I mean, I like some of his stuff, but I don't think he's the utter genius some people seem to think he is.

One of our interns is going ot see him this summer though...that'd be kinda cool.

I could totally see him doing a track for TR3N.

Deadmaus is not bad as I have at least two tracks from him. He's right up there with Daft Punk. I think the wise thing for Disney to do is keep DP on board to maintain consistency. I'm not sure if Ms. Carlos wants to do it because her musical style is somewhat different than their's, BUT it would be a nice gesture if both of them took turns. Say, the first half is Wendy Carlos tracks and then the second half of the film would be all DP. In fact, Carlos' music will be used in the 'real world' scenes while DP tracks are used for the digital world sequences.

But, it would be very, very cool if Disney were to hire a compilation of several of the best and upcoming electronic artists together for the new film. Each takes their turn for part of the sequences. The problem is that the stylistic differences will be very glaring, so that's why having at least one or two artists on board keeps things more consistent.

After all, a program can't have inconsistency, right? Let the philosophy reflect from that.

Pilgrim1099
User

on Sunday, July, 03, 2011 8:49 AM
AriesT Wrote:Deadmau5, however, has one big problem all modern DJs / electronic artists have: His tracks do not have a (good) melody beside the nice beats and synthesizers. So if you want to integrate him into TR3N, make sure it is an unimportant track which does not need a melody or the main theme in it.

I was thinking about the acts again. I am still thinking the movie can 4 parts / story strings and it would be the best to split it into 2 movies. So all needed and interesting characters have enough screen time.

re: 4 parts into 2 movies. They would have to. It's what I suggested strongly and it is the only way to NOT compress it into a two hour clusterf---k. They can learn from Peter Jackson who's doing the Hobbit in two parts and this man knows what he's doing. He knows that doing a two hour film from the book is impossible. Stretching the story out in that line of pacing is the smart thing to do.

Disney must NEVER cave in to the temptation of cramming everything in one film to finish off the series.

LWSrocks2
User

on Sunday, July, 03, 2011 12:17 PM
cool83 Wrote:I brought this over from another thread. This would be a good way to bring back Lora/Yori to the story. The Special Team I speak of was trained by Yori, on Flynn's Grid. S.H.I.E.L.D, from Marvel, now a disney property, knows about everything.

RenegadeProgram Wrote:Just for the simple fact that:
A)The Shiva Laser is still an integral part of the TRONiverse;
B)Lora pioneered it, along with the late Dr. Walter Gibbs;

Lora/Yori should have had a part in Tron: Legacy, and she should have a part in TR3N, as well as TRON: UPRISING. I didn't like that whole, "Lora goes to D.C." thing they put in the comic book, and while it was cool to see her at the ENCOM press conference, they still could have worked her into the film, especially helping Flynn with setting up Flynn's version of the Shiva Laser, and helping him with writing the algorithm that enabled Flynn to go back and forth between the real world and the Grid.

I say Lora/Yori for TR3N and TRON: UPRISING!!!!! She's as integral to the TRONiverse as Alan, Flynn, and Tron are.

I agree. Flynn had to have had help. Who better to trust than Dr. Lora Baines?

How about this for a cool plot twist. How about we find out that she has been working with S.H.I.E.L.D, with this guy:

Let's say that S.H.I.E.L.D knows all about the Grid, with their own Agent Warriors, trained for the Grid. I see agent Phil Coulson and Lora getting Sam, Quorra, Ed Jr., on the grid...with some well trained help. Don't worry about their experience and training, they have been on Flynn's Grid almost from the beginning.

Tron/Marvel crossover? Unlikely, but pretty cool to think about.

FirstPrevious Page: of 5 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON: LEGACY 
 Dear Disney: Tron Sequel Ideas