Dear Disney: Tron Sequel Ideas

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments: FirstPrevious Page: of 5 Pages
cool83
User

RE: Dear Disney: Tron Sequel Ideas

on Monday, July, 11, 2011 12:39 PM
Speaking of Michael Bay.
http://www.slashfilm.com/michael-bay-admits-transformers-revenge-fallen-crap-jabs-tron-legacy/
Mr. Bay,
1. Yes, Transformers 3 is CRAP.
2. The 3D was poor at best.
3. Tron: Legacy's 3D was far superior(2D to 3D was for
effect...think Wizard of Oz.)
4. Yes, your crap movie will make plenty of money off of
mindless movie goers.

Sorry, had to vent. Please get back on topic.

Vaporware
User

on Monday, July, 11, 2011 3:17 PM
hah ha.

One friend saw Transformers 3 and said it was great. He also failed to catch any of the geographic stupidity of Transformers 2.

Another guy, whom I respect much more said it was absolute crap.

IluthraDanar
User

on Monday, July, 11, 2011 8:59 PM
cool83 Wrote:Speaking of Michael Bay.
http://www.slashfilm.com/michael-bay-admits-transformers-revenge-fallen-crap-jabs-tron-legacy/
Mr. Bay,
1. Yes, Transformers 3 is CRAP.
2. The 3D was poor at best.
3. Tron: Legacy's 3D was far superior(2D to 3D was for
effect...think Wizard of Oz.)
4. Yes, your crap movie will make plenty of money off of
mindless movie goers.

Sorry, had to vent. Please get back on topic.

Thank you! I wasted a gift card seeing this film. I Loved one, laughed at 2's stupidity but 3 was unforgivable. I got sick, left early because it was sooooo boring. Rehashed robot fights, ho hum. No twins but wait! two mini bots who were supposedly comic relief.

I have walked out on three films, one Kentucky Fried Movie because it was tripe, another because the film broke and it was boring, and now this.

People may hack on T:L but I tell them to give it another try and watch Tron first. It helps. Then notice the story when the action is stilled. So much better.

Forget it, Mr High and Mighty Master Control. You aren't making me talk.

LWSrocks2
User

on Monday, July, 11, 2011 9:34 PM
Michael Bay doesn't get to talk about anything. He recycled alot of DotM footage from past movies he made. The highway chase scene was a slightly tweaked edit of a car chase scene from Bay's 2004 film "The Island".

LWSrocks2
User

on Monday, July, 11, 2011 9:52 PM
Pilgrim1099 Wrote:
LWSrocks2 Wrote:
Kat Wrote:
Vaporware Wrote:I see the biggest issue to a plot set on another mainframe to be the loss of familiar hardware.

The reason that there Tanks, Disc Wars, Recognizers, and Light Cycles in the ENCOM mainframe was because ENCOM developed and stored those games on that mainframe. Those things were designed by Users but were appropriated by the MCP for it's own purposes.

Cycles, Discs, Tanks, and Recognizers exist in Flynn's Grid because he put them there.

Now that ENCOM is the Apple/Microsoft of the Tron world/Center City, what are you going to find on that Mainframe? Accounting Software? Minesweeper?

I'm sure that there will be something, but logically, nothing would look anything like the evolved lightcycles and recognizers of the 2nd film.

Now *maybe* that can be gotten-around if part of the new plot involves Sam himself recreating Flynn's hardware for "new" ENCOM games or loading his backup chip into the ENCOM mainframe in order to move those items of code into a new series of ENCOM Tron Games.

The interesting thing about that is that Encom has been developing games since, right? So what if we is on that Grid is based on those games? It would be pretty unfamiliar to the heroes, who would need to master that. (the only problem might be the change in games that would make it more difficult to integrate since games these days are much more realistic and tend to be RPG-like. It's a far cry from lightcycles or Mario Bros. to things like Call of Duty, and I'm not sure how you'd portray that from the inside since it's so true to real life already.)

Vaporware Wrote:
Am I imagining things, or do we see a lot of symbols with the number three (3)? Sam's helmet, the recognizer floor, and a few other spots. #3 is present in many places, I started to wonder if the Legacy Grid was in fact NOT the second grid, but perhaps a third Grid??
Or it could simply be that 3 is his favorite number. The number 3 also appears quite frequently in mythology and religion, so why not continue the trend? Or we could go all conspiracy-theory-like and say that's our proof that they were planning on making a 3rd movie. Or...

(expanding on the "modern grid games" thing)

This intrigues me. I always applauded the Tron franchise for such innovative weapons, like the Identity Disks and Lightcycles- but I still always wondered what it would be like if there were guns, like, light-blasters that are used for grid games or maybe just combat. That could tie into your idea, you know? Like, Sam ends up on the ENCOM grid where they house the newer games, and we see Sam running through the world of a futuristic cyber shooter. Maybe a platformer type grid game, similar to the "obstacle course" suggested by Vaporware. I kind of want to see Sam or Tron or pretty much any character doing a cool parkour chase scene, Anon-style thing through Tron City. Something to consider.

And, tanks.

Motherfreaking TANKS.

Let's suppose in realistic terms that ENCOM (or Sam) opens the floodgates of the virtual world of Tron for users to beam into and fight, then this calls for massive amount of abuse. This will complicate things greatly due to many industries wanting to get 'in' on it. The legal system would love it because it's the ultimate' prison' to beam prisoners away and let them die in the Grid as a death penalty (but if one survives, that's a legal issue). Or the military will want it to 'hack' into other countries' computer systems.

We're talking massive, massive amounts of abuse. And you know what? This would mean CLU was right in not having the Grid contaminated. This was not meant for Users to play around in. Flynn got in by accident, thanks to Master Control in the first place. Now Sam is the second human user to get in, while Quorra is the first ISO program to get 'out'.

I can safely say that Dillinger Jr will look at it and say "You know what Sam? ENCOM will not be able to control what the public masses do with the Grid. The public is'nt ready for this nor will they know how to find their way around. It's too dangerous for anyone. It can be easily abused, especially one who can get away with murder".

The Grid was never meant to be built for Users nor did Gibbs have that intention in mind, which I don't think he realized the full potential of the high level of A.I. amok in the server.

So, if Sam is going to do this redesigned virtual Grid for the market, it has to be in controlled Beta form within the company's testing grounds only to be used for the private industries. It's like a virtual internet, but the public is not allowed to use it.

Sure, the lure of such profiteering from selling it to the public masses would be huge, but consider the use of the Shiva laser. How extraordinarily expensive would that be to maintain power, molecular containment and maintenance, and such. How expensive and DANGEROUS it would be to sell such lasers to the public in common households.

That's opening a Pandora's Box right there. And I don't think Sam would be that stupid to want that, unless the greedy corporate fools in ENCOM wants to see it happen. The main story will be getting his father back in the next chapter in a brand new server in ENCOM. It will be HUGE compared to the "1989" Grid, and very advanced.

EDIT: Oh and if the LOST boys dare suggest to Disney to use the world of Tron for human users to engage with other users in game play to appeal to the World of Warcraft gamers, I will take a flight ticket, go to their studios and beat the hell out of them.

I think you misunderstood the posts. Nobody was talking about making ENCOM public, I don't think.. Perhaps you misunderstood the idea of the games being on the ENCOM grid? Because I wasn't suggesting that the grid is sold and made public and used for Users to game on the grid. I was suggesting that grid games were created based on some newer kinds of games, such as a shooter-esque grid game, platforner-esque grid game, and another idea I had was that they could make a grid game that used the "Portal" concept. abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

Tzigone
User

on Tuesday, April, 02, 2013 11:54 AM
Old thread, but no need to start a new one to share one idea, I guess.

I like using the idea of Dillinger Jr. being (somewhat) played. That way the Easter Egg from the blu-ray could play in, but CM fans who want him to be a good guy can be happy with his discovery/redemption.

The real reason I want something like that is because he's calling a master control username "Dad" and that just doesn't seem like what Dillinger Sr. would call himself (so I want the MCP to be deceiving Jr.). He realized in the end that he was being played for a chump by the MCP - he wasn't in charge, he wasn't even a partner, he was a tool to be used. He seemed alarmed/frightened at the MCP wanting to take over the world. I don't see him wanting to recreate it. Well, unless he's changed and sort of ret-conned the past in his own head to say that he had things well in hand. Or somehow ended up digitized and merged with the MCP (but that's a whole 'nother can of worms since there'd have to be another laser).

In any event, I can't really buy Dillinger Jr. on Sam's side from the get-go. From the very little we saw of him, he did not embrace Flynn's vision for the company - the vision Sam is trying to make the company live up to now. Not to mention using that "disappeared with Kevin Flynn" to Kevin's best friend is just cold.

I don't really think they'd incorporate Dillinger Systems from "Flynn Lives" or deal with all the immediate fallout from Legacy, no matter how much I'd love that. Probably try to establish what they need for the new plot and move to the action quickly.

KingJ.exe
User

on Tuesday, April, 02, 2013 1:33 PM
My thoughts:

Dillinjr needs to be bad. At first, at least. I haven't decided whether I like the "Dillinjr is bad through and through" or "Dillinjr is just misguided and can be redeemed" plot better.

Tron needs to be awesome and central. Period, nothing more needs said. Even though he was a side character in the original, he was still central enough to have the whole freaking franchise named after him. Get back to that.

Flynn, I haven't decided on yet. On the one hand, it would be cool to have him come back, even if it was "Force-Ghost Obi-Wan Kenobi" style, but on the other hand, like others have said that decreases the significance of his sacrifice at the end of Legacy. I like the "Flynn and Clu are one being now and he has to deal with the stuff inside him that made Clu go all Hitler" idea. Maybe a schizophrena type thing, two personalities arguing in one head. You could represent that visually too. Seeing the inside of Flynn's head would be awesome.

I think what would change he world was the simple fact that the ISOs manifested "on their own." Flynn designed a computer system that could make it's own, extremely complex "programs". User only knows where things could go from there.

I think they've done the "Not used to the world and it's funny" comedy bit a lot, so I think we could skip it in TR3N. Maybe a bonus feature clip on the DVD with this kind of thing?

I like the 10 man disk battles. But what I would like to see is a sort of free for all type thing, with several different types of terrain, vehicles, and weapons, all available for use in the context of the grid games.

Still brainstorming of stuff I'd like to see, so this is just a started.

Watch me stream TRON 2.0 on my YouTube channel!
https://gaming.youtube.com/channel/UCvvT-h8JK4w1xgKavs35WHg/live

Find the archive here:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLf9ZcCtZm_CjonNAjms4wKN-p6UuiCMgZ

Tzigone
User

on Tuesday, April, 02, 2013 2:59 PM
Tron needs to be awesome and central. Period, nothing more needs said. Even though he was a side character in the original, he was still central enough to have the whole freaking franchise named after him. Get back to that.
We'll have to disagree there. I think that's the point of the system being called the TRON system (so you can have the franchise without the character). Though that wasn't said in the movie, was it? I don't want Tron as the primary - I want Sam and Quorra as the primaries. Tron should be back, I agree, but not front as center. A secondary, just like the first movie. I'd like to see more of Alan and would rather like to see Lora and Roy (not too likely, I guess). I definitely do not want Ram back. I know they're programs, but if they can be brought back from death, there's no dramatic weight to those deaths.

I think they've done the "Not used to the world and it's funny" comedy bit a lot, so I think we could skip it in TR3N. Maybe a bonus feature clip on the DVD with this kind of thing?
I actually think that's way over-played in fic. I'd have more wonder and less slapstick humor and "cutesy" stuff with Quorra. I see way too much "she seems like a ditz because she doesn't understand the world' stuff. She should be no more humorous/incompetent in our world than Sam was in The Grid - both had stories and no practical experience in these other worlds. The reaction to Legacy that I'd love to see (and we definitely won't) is Alan being told what happened to Flynn, being told he's dead, etc. I'd love to see Alan's reaction to meeting Quorra, to the change in Sam, to understanding the Grid and what it was that excited Flynn all those years ago. I want to see Alan fix Tron's programming and make him alright again. I'd like to see the board's reaction to Sam's taking over and basically like if "The Next Day" was a movie. I'm interested in the serious end of things.

I don't want Flynn back - as I said, returns from the dead kill the emotional weight to me. Not to mention, if things can eventually be sorted out and Flynn is okay, then it's like the Grid spent thousand years under a brutal dictator and many programs were derezzed because Flynn was a afraid of re-integration, but it turns out he'd have been fine and no real sacrifice was needed to save them. And if things aren't sorted out and Flynn isn't okay, then he has to die again, and it's just a re-hash.

But what I would like to see is a sort of free for all type thing, with several different types of terrain, vehicles, and weapons, all available for use in the context of the grid games.
That would be visually interesting. I don't think it would be popular with some old-school fans (at least, not if the terrain was to Earth-y), but might appeal to a broader audience.

For me, personally, I'd like to stay away from projectile weapons like guns - they just aren't nearly as fun/visually interested as the more choreographed hand-to-hand or even disc battles.

If the grid was running without anyone running it, the you could have the free-for-all, going-for-power type thing since a void would be created with Clu's absence. Certainly Zuse had time to escape, and he could be a player there. Unfortunately, that can't work with Users in the picture. Whether it could work at all depends on the autonomy of the programs and how much ability they have to do certain things that aren't their functions. Clu, the MCP, they were rare in their level of power over other programs.
order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pill

Kat
User

on Tuesday, April, 02, 2013 8:45 PM
Tzigone Wrote:
In any event, I can't really buy Dillinger Jr. on Sam's side from the get-go. From the very little we saw of him, he did not embrace Flynn's vision for the company - the vision Sam is trying to make the company live up to now. Not to mention using that "disappeared with Kevin Flynn" to Kevin's best friend is just cold.

Well, I've come up with an explanation of how that could work, as you're all well-aware. It is, IMO, just as plausible as the idea of the MCP come back 30 years later.

I can totally see him and Sam being antagonistic toward each other, for obvious reasons, even if Dillinjr isn't bad (and in fact, I'd probably groan if they WERE all buddy-buddy from the get-go). I could see Sam, especially, fanning that particular fire.

Tzigone Wrote:
I actually think that's way over-played in fic. I'd have more wonder and less slapstick humor and "cutesy" stuff with Quorra. I see way too much "she seems like a ditz because she doesn't understand the world' stuff.

This, please, this. I tend to skip any fic or comics that have anything to do with programs in the real world because most of the writers are so lazy with it. If I have to read one more account of Tron or Clu or similar acting like five-year-olds simply because they're in an unfamiliar environment, I will scream. Sure, there will be stuff they won't understand*. Sure, there may even be some funny misunderstandings. But they will NOT have their entire intellects reverted to the level of a little kid.

*Hell, I wrote a brief piece of Tron in "the real world" and yeah, there was a lot he had to learn, but he didn't act like a preschooler-- he did get discouraged since, y'know, a guy who's used to being the best at everything and now has a ton of shit to LEARN and start out not-so-good-at is going to find it a hard blow... but he didn't have temper tantrums or talk like a child or any of that crap. Come on.

What do you want? I'm busy.

Program, please!

Chaos.... good news.

FirstPrevious Page: of 5 Pages
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON: LEGACY 
 Dear Disney: Tron Sequel Ideas