Forums (I/O Tower)
Forums 
 TRON: LEGACY 
 Home Theaters, What are you watching Tron: Legacy on? Post your setup.

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments: FirstPrevious Page: of 9 PagesNextLast
Kaisergrendel
User

RE: Home Theaters, What are you watching Tron: Legacy on? Post your setup.

on Tuesday, November, 08, 2011 10:25 AM
Ha, I see. It's a romantic thing? More power to you, but I'm having trouble building a bluray collection as it is xD And I *love* resolution.

Thanks very much for the link, I think I found t he filters:

http://www.lightingelstore.com/servlet/Categories

No idea if it works for THX though :/

Edit: Think I found my confirmation: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?p=13681902#post13681902

Update: Just bought the 4" version for $5 plus $3 shipping. For once a non-insane shipping fee!

DrP
User

on Wednesday, November, 09, 2011 7:10 AM
Kaisergrendel Wrote:Ha, I see. It's a romantic thing? More power to you, but I'm having trouble building a bluray collection as it is xD And I *love* resolution.

Thanks very much for the link, I think I found t he filters:

http://www.lightingelstore.com/servlet/Categories

No idea if it works for THX though :/

Edit: Think I found my confirmation: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?p=13681902#post13681902

Update: Just bought the 4" version for $5 plus $3 shipping. For once a non-insane shipping fee!

I think your right, there is something "romantic" about my laserdisc hobby.

Glad to see that you found the filters. I'm not sure about the epson 8350 but the 8700 has preset setting configurations that you can access with one button press on the remote. This will be helpful if you need to set up multiple configurations for different lighting environments. My home theater is essentially dark 100% of the time so one setting for movie watching will do (although I have a 2nd setting just for laserdisc as they are authored to a different IRE level reference).

For example, you can do 3 setups to optimize most lighting conditions. A "dark" setting for nighttime watching without lights, "bright" daytime setting, and "middle" for nighttime viewing with some background lights on. Then it should just be a quick press of the "memory" button on the remote and you can select which setting you want.on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill online

END OF LINE

Kaisergrendel
User

on Wednesday, November, 09, 2011 10:03 AM
DrP Wrote:I think your right, there is something "romantic" about my laserdisc hobby.

Glad to see that you found the filters. I'm not sure about the epson 8350 but the 8700 has preset setting configurations that you can access with one button press on the remote. This will be helpful if you need to set up multiple configurations for different lighting environments. My home theater is essentially dark 100% of the time so one setting for movie watching will do (although I have a 2nd setting just for laserdisc as they are authored to a different IRE level reference).

For example, you can do 3 setups to optimize most lighting conditions. A "dark" setting for nighttime watching without lights, "bright" daytime setting, and "middle" for nighttime viewing with some background lights on. Then it should just be a quick press of the "memory" button on the remote and you can select which setting you want.

Thanks, that's a handy tip, since my living room has very little light control. You certainly know your equipment - I find most people don't bother to adjust or fiddle with anything once something's working acceptably.order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

DrP
User

on Wednesday, November, 09, 2011 4:45 PM
Kaisergrendel Wrote:
Thanks, that's a handy tip, since my living room has very little light control. You certainly know your equipment - I find most people don't bother to adjust or fiddle with anything once something's working acceptably.

Glad to help in any way I can! I also find that many/most people don't bother to adjust their TV settings. I don't understand how people can pay thousands of dollars for their TV and spend a huge amount of time watching it, but they don't want to spend 15 minutes doing even a basic calibration with a movie that has the THX calibration feature on it! Why spend all that money to get a nice TV and then have the picture look like the picture of the cheapest TV. I don't know if people just don't care, or maybe they think the TV is already calibrated... I don't know? It's really a shame as they are missing out on half the movie with the brightness/contrast/color settings off.

Watching Tron: Legacy on a well calibrated theater in a darkened room is NOTHING like the experience you get watching it on a bad TV with sunlight beaming into the room! I think it's like comparing it to going to the movies or watching a movie on your iphone.

Maybe it's the fact that most people have not watched movies in home theaters where people like you and I spent the time calibrating and making sure the video and the audio is the best it can be and reflects the true limits of blu-ray technology.....
I actually had a personal experience where I had a friend visit us about 2 months ago and after getting a demo of my system he went home bought a pair of my martin logan speakers and a pioneer elite receiver. Basically, once he saw/heard what a good setup does he was motivated enough to spend close to $10,000 on good equipment within a few days! Granted, I understand that not everybody has the means to spend that kind of money, but it still illustrates the fact that many people have just "never heard a good system" and thus do not even know what they are missing out on! If all you've ever eaten is hamburger, then you never miss steak.

Oh well,... I guess I have to have more people over and "educate" them! order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pillabortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

END OF LINE

Jalen
User

on Tuesday, November, 29, 2011 8:09 AM
Just got a 60" 3DTV and 7.1 Surround System....I had the 3D Blu Ray for a while and I had been waiting for that! So awesome!

"You're messing with my zen thing, man!"

DrP
User

on Tuesday, November, 29, 2011 8:29 AM
Jalen Wrote:Just got a 60" 3DTV and 7.1 Surround System....I had the 3D Blu Ray for a while and I had been waiting for that! So awesome!

Sounds awesome! Congrats on the new purchase. If you have some time post some pictures of your setup so other people can see. I think you're really going to enjoy the 8 channel sound setup as Tron: Legacy is one of the few blu-rays out there with an 8 channel encoding.

END OF LINE

Kaisergrendel
User

on Wednesday, November, 30, 2011 6:43 AM
DrP Wrote:I think your really going to enjoy the 8 channel sound setup as Tron: Legacy is one of the few blu-rays out there with an 8 channel encoding.

This is true - T:L was one of the first movies I played on my home theatre and every other movie I've played on it so far has paled in comparison in terms of immersion ,except maybe Transformers. Nice and aggressive.

My projector + screen is up but I haven't taken a photo due to some...familial resistance. Expect to do it tomorrow though.where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

DrP
User

on Friday, December, 02, 2011 5:03 PM
I updated my laserdisc collection and spent last week arranging them alphabetically. It took me a few hours but I can finally find the movies I want to watch! Altogether there are nearly 500 movies! I posted some pics below.

Kaisergrendel-
Once you get past the "resistance," be sure to post some pics of the new setup. I'm really interested in seeing how you handled the wire management with the updated HDMI cables. I hope your enjoying the system... I know you put a lot of work into it!

END OF LINE

DrP
User

on Saturday, December, 31, 2011 8:42 AM
Happy Holidays fellow users!

I bought my brother one of those fancy digital SLR cameras for Christmas and he took some "creative" pictures of my speaker and amp. I am using them as my computer background. Here they are in 1920x1200 resolution if anybody wants them. The speaker is a Martin Logan Vantage.

-
-

END OF LINE

Derezzed
User

on Wednesday, January, 04, 2012 1:21 PM
I am running an entire Klipsch Icon series for sound with the exception of the .2, both subs are velodyne. I just created this account today as I stumbled upon this forum! So I will get some pics up.

Its powered by a Harman Kardon AVR3600, I run all my channels via the preouts to Hafler P3000 TransNova Amplifiers.

The big screen is a 55" Samsung 8000 series, 240hz 3D. Although this will be replaced when panasonic launches their new VT series in a few short months.

where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

DrP
User

on Thursday, January, 05, 2012 8:58 AM
Derezzed Wrote:I am running an entire Klipsch Icon series for sound with the exception of the .2, both subs are velodyne. I just created this account today as I stumbled upon this forum! So I will get some pics up.

Its powered by a Harman Kardon AVR3600, I run all my channels via the preouts to Hafler P3000 TransNova Amplifiers.

The big screen is a 55" Samsung 8000 series, 240hz 3D. Although this will be replaced when panasonic launches their new VT series in a few short months.

Welcome Derezzed! Sounds like you have a pretty awesome setup there. I use a dual sub setup with my home theater (7.2). It really kicks but for watching Tron:Legacy since there is a lot of base in that movie. Definitely post some pictures when you have the chance. Tron-sector requires you to have at least 20 forum posts before you can post pics so you're going to have to comment in some forums, which shouldn't be difficult as there are a lot of great conversations going on on this site.

My latest project is making custom RCA interconnect cables. I was well on my way until my cheapo soldering iron died. I have to go to the store and pick one up. I think I'll buy a more reputable brand this time. I was trying to skimp, figuring that for making cables anything will due... well that didn't work out well. I have been taking pictures as I go along so once I'm all done with them I will post pictures as well as a basic DIY instruction set if anybody else wants to make them.

Once again, post some pics of your system once you have the capability, and welcome to Tron-sector!

END OF LINE

Discs-Of-Tron_
User

on Thursday, January, 05, 2012 5:16 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v496/bokkire_jin/IMAG0086.jpgSocial 32" LCD TV, 1080p, RCA rt2770 home theater system. 4 surround speakers and a sub.The 2 front speakers are pioneers my dad got when he was in Vietnam. Still work great today! Note the video game systems! Gamecube, ps, ps3, dreamcast, saturn, and n64. Might even set up tthe old atari 2600 later.where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

trekking95
User

on Thursday, January, 05, 2012 6:09 PM
A BenQ 37" LCD 1080i (whatever you have heard about 1080p being better then 1080i is not true, there is no difference), a Toshiba Blu-Ray player, a Sony 4.1 sound surround with the 3' tall 1' wide Sony speakers (I know its old tech but it works great).

Game Machines (good idea for that, Discs of Tron!)
A black Wii (and a arcade machine soon on the way!)

Blu Ray movies (I thought it would be cool to include that)
Tron: Legacy, Star Wars (all of them!), Captain America, Thor, POTC 4, Star Trek II, Race to Witch Mountain and Journey to the Center of the Earth (the one with Brendan Fraser)

Thanks to FlynnOne for the signature!

Save Tron 3!

Discs-Of-Tron_
User

on Thursday, January, 05, 2012 8:55 PM
Still need to get Legacy on blu-ray. Shooting for the 3d blu-ray pack so i can takebit to my friends dad's 82" 3d tv!

trekking95
User

on Thursday, January, 05, 2012 10:08 PM
82" 3D tv????? Are you sure you don't mean 32"? Because if you do mean 82" that's crazy cool!!!

Save Tron 3!

HooDooMan
User

on Thursday, January, 05, 2012 11:00 PM
trekking95 Wrote:82" 3D tv????? Are you sure you don't mean 32"? Because if you do mean 82" that's crazy cool!!!

No, that wasn't a mistype, Trekking. He's talking about the Mitsubishi 82 inch DLP 3D HDTV. I have the 60 inch version, which they no longer make. The smallest HDTV they make now is 73 inches. They make a 73, an 82, and now a 92 inch version as well. I absolutely love my TV! Blu-rays look incredible! My only wish is that my TV could be a 73 or an 82 incher! Check them out here:

http://www.mitsubishi-tv.com/

Sometimes....bigger is better! LOL!

Oh, and TRON: Legacy looks phenomenal on these TV's!

trekking95
User

on Friday, January, 06, 2012 12:09 AM
Oh wow!!! How big a room do you put them in so you can see the screen?

Save Tron 3!

Discs-Of-Tron_
User

on Friday, January, 06, 2012 2:13 AM
^a room bigger than the one its in now! Lol. Its practically a moving wall! We have done 3d black ops and Tron on it and its pretty cool. He was able to plat killzone 3 with the gun attachment and was raving about the 3d effects on that game.

typicaltronname
User

on Friday, January, 06, 2012 5:32 AM
You guys are making me way too jealous. I watch Tron on 26" Sharp Aquos TV connected to my 2.1 speaker system. Want to upgrade to a 40" with at least 120hz, but nearly impossible to find within a $500 range.

I've got my eye on the Samsung UN40D5003.
order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pill

"Reveal your creation date or I will disassemble your code one operation at a time!"

DrP
User

on Friday, January, 06, 2012 8:04 AM
Discs-Of-Tron_ Wrote:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v496/bokkire_jin/IMAG0086.jpgSocial 32" LCD TV, 1080p, RCA rt2770 home theater system. 4 surround speakers and a sub.The 2 front speakers are pioneers my dad got when he was in Vietnam. Still work great today! Note the video game systems! Gamecube, ps, ps3, dreamcast, saturn, and n64. Might even set up tthe old atari 2600 later.

Cool setup. I especially like the Tron light cycle in the case. Very cool.

I used to use one of the large Mitsubishi 73" DLP TV's before my current setup. I think they're a great line of TV's for a very reasonable price considering their size. I think the only reason they have fallen out of favor is because they're not thin like the flat panels. Unless your mounting it on a wall, I never saw what the fascination with having a think display is, after all you don't view it from the side anyway!

I have since gone larger (150" projector screen), but I also sit farther from the TV now. I try to maintain the THX recommendation viewing angle of 35 degrees. Much better experience that way. Especially with watching Tron!

Some quick pics of my theater:
http://www.blu-ray.com/community/gallery.php?member=invenioorder abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

END OF LINE

FirstPrevious Page: of 9 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON: LEGACY 
 Home Theaters, What are you watching Tron: Legacy on? Post your setup.