Forums (I/O Tower)
Forums 
  General Discussion 
 Why do I think Kevin Flynn & Tron survive?

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 2 PagesNextLast
bad_sector
User

on Wednesday, January, 05, 2011 4:55 PM
1) Flynn wouldn't be stupid enough to go in without making a backup of himself. That would go against everything in a programmer's nature.

2) You don't see Tron de-rez. You do see him change back to his old colours.

3) Sam downloaded the Grid at the end before shutting the system down.

4) They made too big a deal about Flynn not being able to survive re-integration.

That's pretty much why I think you'll be seeing Flynn & Tron again somewhere down the line.

Tronasaurus
User

RE: Why do I think Kevin Flynn & Tron survive?

on Friday, January, 28, 2011 1:13 PM
Mostly agreed.

Tron's reboot in the Sea of Simulation was a slam dunk tease for (another?) sequel.

As for Kevin Flynn having a backup: even if he didn't, Sam and Quorra return with his disc. If he can repair damaged code/DNA for Quorra, what could be lacking on his disc that a ridiculous plot device couldn't overcome? Human form in digital space/digital form in human space? Star Wars had jedi ghosts, why not ghosts in the machine?

I think a larger obstacle for Kevin's reappearance could be Jeff Bridges. I haven't followed his statements, if any, regarding returning to the franchise... again.

How about an AI robot wearing a users disc? Artificial immortality sprung from the human well. Consciousness transference. Off topic, but interesting.abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

TRON.dll
User

on Friday, January, 28, 2011 1:24 PM
Tronasaurus Wrote:I think a larger obstacle for Kevin's reappearance could be Jeff Bridges. I haven't followed his statements, if any, regarding returning to the franchise... again.

He said a few months ago in an interview that he wants the script for Tron 3.

TRON 2.0 (PC) name - TRON.dll
I'll play any mode, but I'm best at LC.

PSN - TRON-dll
XBOX Live/Games for Windows Live - TRONdll
-I have a Wii, DS, and 3DS. PM me to exchange friend codes.

armorrekka
User

on Sunday, January, 30, 2011 3:15 AM
The way my daughters and I have been playing with the figures is that Flynn was rebuilt using his disc as the new command.com for the grid on the encom computers. He is now a program with a users abilities. Alive in the grid but unable to leave since his death.order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

Change the scheme! Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you'd be so kind.

AriesT
User

on Sunday, January, 30, 2011 2:31 PM
In the end of the movie, you see TRON diving down the sea and not being deleted. I agree this is a good point to catch up the story for TRON 3.

Another aspect to continue the story is that Sam still got the identity disc / master key of his father. So he might be able to re-build Kevin Flynn as an ISO (with help of an external update or something) and get him out of the grid like Quarra.

So I'd love to see the main point of the story being the recreation of Sam's father and reactivating TRON.

By the way... TRON: Recreation would be a great title, don't you think?

ShadowDragon1
User

on Sunday, January, 30, 2011 5:06 PM
Tron, I am 99.9% certain lives. Flynn is scattered "fragmented" data, and with modern software it CAN be recompiled and restored whole. So I think the code making up Flynn is still "in The Grid" and can be recompiled and restored whole. Would just need the access the Flynn Master Key software, and for the system to digitize several blocks of raw matter for the containment capsules...

"The film is about finding human connection in an increasingly digital world." - Joseph Kosinski

typicaltronname
User

on Monday, January, 31, 2011 5:18 PM
I agree. Tron and Kevin did survive, in my opinion.

How they know that Kevin would die in the integration, I don't know. He said he would, she said he would, but in the end no one really knows.

It's not like there was the experience of another User who re-integrated himself to his program and died.

Kevin was the first to do that. I don't know what the big deal with that was. In the first movie, Flynn just had to punch a program out and the program would derezz.

"Reveal your creation date or I will disassemble your code one operation at a time!"

Kat
User

on Monday, January, 31, 2011 5:57 PM
typicaltronname Wrote:I agree. Tron and Kevin did survive, in my opinion.

How they know that Kevin would die in the integration, I don't know. He said he would, she said he would, but in the end no one really knows.

It's not like there was the experience of another User who re-integrated himself to his program and died.

Kevin was the first to do that. I don't know what the big deal with that was. In the first movie, Flynn just had to punch a program out and the program would derezz.
Y'know, I have a theory on that. In T:L, they show Flynn creating Clu from *inside* the grid. I don't know if that's just supposed to be a visual allegory for him sitting in the real world typing up code, or was it truly meant to represent a different way of creating a program? Someone else mentioned in another thread something about perhaps Flynn would be destroyed upon reintegration because he put a part of himself into Clu....so perhaps that scene showed a split of Flynn where part of him went into creating Clu, instead of the more impersonal method of just sitting at a terminal typing?

What do you want? I'm busy.

Program, please!

Chaos.... good news.

J1nx
User

on Sunday, February, 27, 2011 9:26 AM
Tron will return for certain, one can assume that Encom has a version of him if he didn't survive the Kevin's Grid.

As for Kevin Flynn, I have my suspicions he may return, but not as he was, he did re-integrate with Clu, so the results could be unpredictable.

Also it struck me that the track playing when Kevin sacrifices himself is called "Kevin Lives" which may hint of his return.

Clu's creation for me it clear, he is too much like Kevin to be a simple program, it would seem he has Kevin's memories prior to his creation, his knowledge of the outside world and much of his speeches being similar to Kevin's, also his skills match Flynn's.

It also struck me that integration is to make something one, so re-integration is obviously to make something one again.

Think I'll make a note not to create a digital clone if I'm in a digital world, not without a self destruct command at least.

Mayorcan
User

on Sunday, February, 27, 2011 11:05 AM
Kat Wrote:Y'know, I have a theory on that. In T:L, they show Flynn creating Clu from *inside* the grid. I don't know if that's just supposed to be a visual allegory for him sitting in the real world typing up code, or was it truly meant to represent a different way of creating a program? Someone else mentioned in another thread something about perhaps Flynn would be destroyed upon reintegration because he put a part of himself into Clu....so perhaps that scene showed a split of Flynn where part of him went into creating Clu, instead of the more impersonal method of just sitting at a terminal typing?

That's what I'm thinking. I'm fairly certain the Clu creation scene in the movie was a literal flashback to how Clu was actually created. Instead of typing at a terminal with a monitor in the real world, Kevin actually went inside and made Clu from the Grid itself. That was really unique, and is undoubtedly why Clu had to be re-integrated as opposed to just deleted. First of all, he was the Grid's system administrator, and second of all, he was forever tied to Flynn via that single act of creation those many cycles before.order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

Why use Norton AV or AVG to protect your computer when you could be using TRON instead!?

AriesT
User

on Sunday, February, 27, 2011 1:37 PM
So it seems like we totally agree altogether that if we do NOT see Flynn and TRON in some way in the third movie, we'll be very pissed.

So... if Kevin is not activated after Sam returns tu reality. Does that mean Sam is the administrator now, since he downloaded the grid to his memory card?

Now we need to contact Joe and Disney somehow to force them writing the script like us fans want it to.
This is serious.where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill onlineabortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

IluthraDanar
User

on Sunday, February, 27, 2011 1:52 PM
Mayorcan Wrote:
Kat Wrote:Y'know, I have a theory on that. In T:L, they show Flynn creating Clu from *inside* the grid. I don't know if that's just supposed to be a visual allegory for him sitting in the real world typing up code, or was it truly meant to represent a different way of creating a program? Someone else mentioned in another thread something about perhaps Flynn would be destroyed upon reintegration because he put a part of himself into Clu....so perhaps that scene showed a split of Flynn where part of him went into creating Clu, instead of the more impersonal method of just sitting at a terminal typing?

That's what I'm thinking. I'm fairly certain the Clu creation scene in the movie was a literal flashback to how Clu was actually created. Instead of typing at a terminal with a monitor in the real world, Kevin actually went inside and made Clu from the Grid itself. That was really unique, and is undoubtedly why Clu had to be re-integrated as opposed to just deleted. First of all, he was the Grid's system administrator, and second of all, he was forever tied to Flynn via that single act of creation those many cycles before.

In a comic, it showed Flynn writing a program but in the flashback, he did something on the Grid that could have destroyed it if anything had gone wrong. I took that to mean Clu was created on the Grid as shown.
abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

Forget it, Mr High and Mighty Master Control. You aren't making me talk.

omegacasemods
User

on Sunday, February, 27, 2011 2:22 PM
Personally I think quora and sam will have a kid and he'll go back into the grid as some kind of neo chosen one...

MCPcomputer
User

on Sunday, February, 27, 2011 2:50 PM

Flynn LIves!
and so does Tron!

If Jeff Bridges said he wants
the script for Tron 3
that's evidence enough to show
he might be coming back!!

I hope so! abortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

"I want him in the games until he dies playing" -MCP
The Grid a Physical Frontier funny Tron Videohttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaMViP_QtZ8

Scootonimous
User

on Sunday, April, 01, 2012 5:13 PM
I was just sitting here and had a EUREKA moment... I did a search and found this thread about Tron surviving. Tron is definitely alive, the impact just knocked him out.... as far as Kevin, Not sure... But we have seen him manipulate everything in the grid, maybe he can recompile himself now. or maybe Flynn and Clu are having a battle in another 'plane' of the grid, and in Tron 3 Clu defeats Flynn, and returns to the grid, thus needing the return of Tron to fight him.

Kat
User

on Sunday, April, 01, 2012 11:15 PM
Interesting thought only slightly related to this thread:

It occurred to me that there may be a bit of religious reference in the Rinzler/Tron thing.

Rinzler reverts to Tron.... but his circuitry doesn't change back until he falls into the Sea of Simulation. It could be intentional that he is not fully redeemed until he sacrifices himself. (From a practical standpoint, no doubt it was done because a change of circuitry color at the point he actually reverts would give it away too quickly-- we're not meant to know until he pulls up, and then Clu says "finish the game!" and Tron says "I fight for the users!" But there could've been a deeper intent to it than that as well.) The idea of self-sacrifice is all over maaaany religions, of course

Flynn & Tron both, really-- whoever wants to save his life will lose it, and whoever gives up his life will save it. (paraphrase) You could say that Flynn lived a pretty empty existence just trying to preserve his own life-- then Sam shows up and Flynn has to act, which is far more true to the Flynn we know in OT. Flynn may die (if he does), but he's being true to himself and actually living, finally (like my Beat of Your Heart story: time to reclaim Kevin Flynn.) Tronzler probably isn't actively making the decision to remain the way he is, but once he does remember who he is and does the right thing, he's fully redeemed.)

Not, perhaps, ideal-- you finally come to yourself and then die for it (maybe)-- but is it better to live and be empty, or die knowing you really lived? How "safe" is "too safe"?

What do you want? I'm busy.

Program, please!

Chaos.... good news.

trekking95
User

on Monday, April, 02, 2012 2:15 AM
Kat Wrote:Flynn & Tron both, really-- whoever wants to save his life will lose it, and whoever gives up his life will save it.

Proves that quotes source can be applied to everyday life!

Kat Wrote:
but is it better to live and be empty, or die knowing you really lived?
I say the second.

Watch Thor for a similar topic of sacrifice and being redeemed.

Thanks to FlynnOne for the signature!

Save Tron 3!

Traahn
User

on Monday, April, 02, 2012 2:19 PM
I think Flynn lives, and so does Rinz...err.. Tron! However, if Flynn lives, does that make our emotions felt for his climactic loss in Tron Legacy all for naught? Thereby making Tron Legacy less watchable since we know he actually lives in Tr3n? T:L thunder stolen.

Again, I hope he gets recompiled/revived (both in the computer and the real world), but I'm just sayin'...

PS: Sam losing his mom and his dad? Not cool. Oh, and it's been a while since I watched, but didn't his grandparents pass away, too? Yikes. Poor guy.

I'm getting out of here right now, and you guys are invited. -----^

J
User

on Monday, April, 02, 2012 3:02 PM
bad_sector Wrote:1) Flynn wouldn't be stupid enough to go in without making a backup of himself. That would go against everything in a programmer's nature.

2) You don't see Tron de-rez. You do see him change back to his old colours.

3) Sam downloaded the Grid at the end before shutting the system down.

4) They made too big a deal about Flynn not being able to survive re-integration.

That's pretty much why I think you'll be seeing Flynn & Tron again somewhere down the line.

1) No programmer should also be dumb enough to give an admin program unlimited power with no basic ethical guidelines ("Do not harm me. Do not harm Tron") or way to OVERRIDE the damn thing! It's also common sense to, when going somewhere dangerous (and the Grid wasn't safe - gridbugs, a lightcycle accident, trouble making software) to tell a buddy when you expect to be back, and leave behind an "in case I die or vanish" letter.

Flynn - first class idiot on both fronts! And everyone else in range pays for that hubris and foolishness. If it weren't for the fact that he spent the equivalent of 1000 years in exile, I'd say dying was getting off a bit easy for the crap he's put everyone through.

2) More likely, no. Tron's probably going to return. How INTACT he'll be is an entirely different matter. He spent 8 years as a great hero...and 20 as the digital answer to Darth Vader.

3) Sam downloaded the Grid, which means we're going to see a return trip. Unfortunately sequel hook #2 means we're also likely to see Master Control 2.0 try taking it over.

4) Here's where I get cynical; you could likely get Boxleitner, Morgan, and Shor for the kind of cash it would take to bribe Bridges into a sequel. abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

It's an entire universe in there, one we created, but it's beyond us now. Really. It's outgrown us. You know, every time you shut off your computer...do you know what you're doing? Have you ever reformatted a hard drive? Deleted old software? Destroyed an entire universe?"

-- Jet Bradley, Tron: Ghost in the Machine on why being a User isn't necessarily a good thing.

Zenith
User

on Tuesday, April, 03, 2012 1:46 PM
LOL who better to rescue Tron from the sea of simulation, than pirates? where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

>> 10 rem *CONFORM*
>> 20 goto 10

>> "...and I'm outta the loop"

Page: of 2 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  General Discussion