Forums (I/O Tower)
Forums 
  General Discussion 
 Why do I think Kevin Flynn & Tron survive?

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments: FirstPrevious Page: of 2 Pages
Kat
User

RE: Why do I think Kevin Flynn & Tron survive?

on Tuesday, April, 03, 2012 8:37 PM
What, have we given up on zombies already?

Still, it has potential. And now: I will not write a story about some sort of digital Jack Sparrow (music or movie pirating programs, of course).

(and of course, there is the irony of hijacking the thread with discussion about pirates...)order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pill

What do you want? I'm busy.

Program, please!

Chaos.... good news.

RenegadeProgram
User

on Tuesday, April, 03, 2012 9:39 PM
I basically agree as well. . .I'd say in a round-about way, when Kevin combined with CLU 2.0 and exploded, that would be like a program combining with a virus, and then being deleted. Basically, I think that if Sam did a system restore, or something where you can restore deleted files (which can actually be done if it's done within a certain timeframe from when a file is deleted), Kevin can be restored. However, I have a feeling that if he's restored, it would be a' la Obi Wan-Kenobi, and not as a human or as a User.

As far as Tron, he wasn't diving - he fell after CLU 2.0 rammed his light jet into Rinzler/Tron's, causing Rinzler/Tron to fall into the Sea of Simulation, and we see his circuits change back to their original color. I also have a feeling that the TRON franchise is one of Jeff Bridges' favorite franchises, and that he'd be game (pun intended) for doing another one. . . I just wish that he did the voice for Flynn on the TRON: Evolution video game.

I predict that Kevin will be reconstituted somehow, and we may even see an MCP 2.0, and I figure that Dillinger Sr. is either: a)dead, but kept alive digitally somehow (maybe akin to Mr. House from Fallout New Vegas in a round-about way); b)alive, but behind the scenes; c)fused spiritually with a new version of the MCP as the extra trailer on the "TRON: The Next Day" seems to suggest. . . .I just hope that David DiGillio realliy does his research on the Tron universe (especially the first film, the TRON 2.0 game) before finalizing the script; then again, since it's been revealed that they'll be filming around 2014, the script may already be in its 2nd draft. order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

Fighting for TRON, The USERS, Both Flynns, Independents, and the mighty ISOs since '82.

MCPcomputer
User

on Wednesday, April, 04, 2012 3:27 AM

Flynn Lives baby!!
Flynn's Arcade forever!on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill online

"I want him in the games until he dies playing" -MCP
The Grid a Physical Frontier funny Tron Videohttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaMViP_QtZ8

Daft Tron
User

on Wednesday, April, 04, 2012 5:58 AM
I just hope that David DiGillio realliy does his research on the Tron universe (especially the first film, the TRON 2.0 game) before finalizing the script; then again, since it's been revealed that they'll be filming around 2014, the script may already be in its 2nd draft.

Where can you confirm this source?

Vranak
User

on Monday, August, 26, 2013 5:42 PM
You've heard the phrase 'too good to be true'. I think that for Flynn to be anything other than alive, or restorable to a live state, would be too bad to be true. This is a Disney property after all.

combatant_3
User

on Monday, August, 26, 2013 11:53 PM
Tron definitely survives. There is no doubt about that. I can see Flynn coming back as an omnipresent spirit sending ambiguous messages to Sam. One thing has bothered me though. Why does Flynn go out in a digital explosion, but when Sam gets roughed up in a disc battle he bleeds?

Kat
User

on Tuesday, August, 27, 2013 8:46 AM
combatant_3 Wrote:Tron definitely survives. There is no doubt about that. I can see Flynn coming back as an omnipresent spirit sending ambiguous messages to Sam. One thing has bothered me though. Why does Flynn go out in a digital explosion, but when Sam gets roughed up in a disc battle he bleeds?

...because they're two entirely different things?

What do you want? I'm busy.

Program, please!

Chaos.... good news.

Vranak
User

on Tuesday, August, 27, 2013 9:31 AM
Exactly. Being sliced by a light disc is one thing. Flynn reintegrating with Clu is another matter entirely.order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

Tzigone
User

on Tuesday, August, 27, 2013 5:43 PM
I think Tron should and did survive (we saw him blue-lit last). And Alan should repair his screwed up code, if he has screwed up code. It really has to be Alan to me, because Alan wrote him. I don't wand him dealing with psychological issues in a human manner. What was done to him was caused (as far we know) by changes in code, or by repurposing, so code fixes should be appropriate "medical treatment."

To me, Flynn should remain dead. It absolutely destroys the emotional impact if he lives. Even worse, it makes the thousand years of suffering and murdering and domination of the Grid by Clu completely preventable. Flynn could have reintegrated with Clu back then and still survived, so not only did a fear of death keep him from saving all those programs/ISOs, but an unfounded fear of death did so. Bleh.

Vranak
User

on Tuesday, August, 27, 2013 6:56 PM
Tzigone Wrote:To me, Flynn should remain dead. It absolutely destroys the emotional impact if he lives. Even worse, it makes the thousand years of suffering and murdering and domination of the Grid by Clu completely preventable. Flynn could have reintegrated with Clu back then and still survived, so not only did a fear of death keep him from saving all those programs/ISOs, but an unfounded fear of death did so. Bleh.

You make a very good point, but I still think that if we didn't see Jeff Bridges again in another Tron movie, that would be the greater loss.

Vranak
User

on Tuesday, August, 27, 2013 6:58 PM
double post please delete

combatant_3
User

on Tuesday, August, 27, 2013 10:54 PM
Vranak Wrote:Exactly. Being sliced by a light disc is one thing. Flynn reintegrating with Clu is another matter entirely.

It is a different matter, but they're both made of matter.

I'm trying to say they are both humans in digital space. Sam shows this when he bleeds. He is still flesh and bone. When Flynn reintegrates with Clu, what happens to his human body? I mean, we see no human material at the end. I know they are different situations but they are both real people and if Kevin Flynn no longer exists in bodily form, and goes out in an explosion, you would think there would be a little blood.
where to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

Gridlord
User

on Tuesday, October, 22, 2013 12:53 AM
People tend to assume Kevin Flynn could have reintegrated with CLU anytime and it would weaken his sacrifice if he was brought back. Myself, I got two distinct impressions why he never reintegrated with CLU. 1.) He had to get close enough to do it, which wasn't exactly easy since CLU was surrounded by protection. 2.) Most important he LOVED CLU like a son. It took his flesh and blood son to make him finally do what needed done, but it was obvious it pained Kevin to have to destroy one "son" to save another because as he put it "He failed CLU." Because of the programming he initiated in CLU was shortsighted and didn't take in the possibility of something like ISO's. In my eyes, if Flynn is brought back, its a chance of redemption for him because he can be there for Sam and Quorra.

J
User

on Tuesday, October, 22, 2013 11:48 AM
bad_sector Wrote:1) Flynn wouldn't be stupid enough to go in without making a backup of himself. That would go against everything in a programmer's nature.

Flynn was also a complete idiot when it came to any safety measures. Not even a "in case I die or vanish, here's keys to the arcade and a VHS tape with instructions on how the laser works" handed over to Alan, Roy, or Lora. Not even telling his friends what he was doing because he wanted all the fame from it. No emergency method of escaping in case the portal flickered out, too damn careless to see his system falling apart from bug issues and too stretched thin to take care of any of it properly. Too infatuated with the Isos to listen to the Programs, blowing off Tron's concerns up until the nano it was too late...

bad_sector Wrote:2) You don't see Tron de-rez. You do see him change back to his old colours.

True. And Tron was also programmed by someone with a lot more of an eye to detail and caution than Flynn ever thought of being. Alan created Tron to monitor the Encom system because he knew something screwy was going on, and didn't trust Master Control as far as he could pitch its mainframe. If Alan even suspected just how far Master Control had gone off the rails, it's only logical that he'd make for certain that his software would be compliant with Asinov's Three Laws. Piggy back that to the Undying Loyalty both Program and programmer have towards Flynn, and the surprise is not that Tron threw off the brainwashing, it's that Clu managed to get the level of corruption he did.

bad_sector Wrote:3) Sam downloaded the Grid at the end before shutting the system down.

What's left of it. Clu's little perfection spree probably decimated it to a bare handful of what it what it was, and the equivalent of a John Sheridan Nuke (the integration) wiped out Clu's forces and probably everything else in the sector.

bad_sector Wrote:4) They made too big a deal about Flynn not being able to survive re-integration.

That's precisely why I think Flynn's toast. Tron's likely alive, but not Mr. Careless. If Sam's smart, he'll make damn sure to take it as a cautionary tale and enact some safeties. abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

It's an entire universe in there, one we created, but it's beyond us now. Really. It's outgrown us. You know, every time you shut off your computer...do you know what you're doing? Have you ever reformatted a hard drive? Deleted old software? Destroyed an entire universe?"

-- Jet Bradley, Tron: Ghost in the Machine on why being a User isn't necessarily a good thing.

FirstPrevious Page: of 2 Pages
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  General Discussion 
 Why do I think Kevin Flynn & Tron survive?