Forums (I/O Tower)
Forums 
 TRON: LEGACY 
 TRON: LEGACY -- Now In Movie Theatres...! - Share your movie going experience here..!

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments: FirstPrevious Page: of 17 PagesNextLast
doctorclu
User

RE: TRON: LEGACY -- Now In Movie Theatres...! - Share your movie going experience here..!

on Saturday, January, 01, 2011 11:56 PM
So any idea what the TRON earnings are at this point?

zordmaker
User

RE: TRON: LEGACY -- Now In Movie Theatres...! - Share your movie going experience here..!

on Sunday, January, 02, 2011 3:13 AM
Sark_2.0 Wrote: a solid plot and characters that kept you engaged. I'm baffled by these critics that claim that the story is "incomprehensible". There's nothing about the story that someone with at least minimal comprehension couldn't figure out if they pay attention.

I can certainly agree with that at least. A few weeks ago I got hold of "Inception" and put it on.

It was off again 15 minutes later and hasn't been back on since.

Now THAT'S incomprehensible! I could make absolutely NO HEADWAY AT ALL about what that film was about. Not an inch. Not a slightest clue. And if it can't get my attention within 10 minutes then I'm sorry, I'll take my chances with something else.

T:L had me hooked within the first 30 seconds.

ZM

zordmaker
User

on Sunday, January, 02, 2011 3:19 AM
gridbug Wrote:Personally, I had no problem with the T:L world looking ultramodern and relatable to the "real world" because that's precisely what video game tech of this day and age has progressed to.

I think I could live with the T:L design brief on one condition : more circuit lines please. In the original TRON just about everything was outlined with light, in effect everything was a grid pattern and there was plenty of light on the actors also.

So by all means keep the modern designs and look but put more lighting in there (both on and off camera) and make it look more like TRON.

The Recogniser looked like a very worthy updated design but with the "lights off" you couldn't see much at all. Every external contour should be outlined by some sort of light.

And please please please : More colour! Why was everything either blue or orange? was there a practical on-set reason for this limitation?

ZM
order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

TRON.dll
User

on Sunday, January, 02, 2011 5:08 AM
zordmaker Wrote:And please please please : More colour! Why was everything either blue or orange? was there a practical on-set reason for this limitation?

ZM

Probably just to look more like the original movie.

However, if you're really desperate for more colors, the video game offers green and white. where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

TRON 2.0 (PC) name - TRON.dll
I'll play any mode, but I'm best at LC.

PSN - TRON-dll
XBOX Live/Games for Windows Live - TRONdll
-I have a Wii, DS, and 3DS. PM me to exchange friend codes.

CluTron
User

on Sunday, January, 02, 2011 8:30 AM
doctorclu Wrote:So any idea what the TRON earnings are at this point?

I believe it has just passed 200 million dollars worldwide earnings. Legacy should get to 250 possibly 300 by the end of the month. There are still 7 or so countries that Legacy hasnt been released in yet. The toys appear to be selling well too and other merchandise. Plus factor in the DVD and BLU ray... Should be all good for Tron where to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill onlineabortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

IsoLine
User

on Monday, January, 03, 2011 1:31 PM
zordmaker Wrote:
gridbug Wrote:Personally, I had no problem with the T:L world looking ultramodern and relatable to the "real world" because that's precisely what video game tech of this day and age has progressed to.

I think I could live with the T:L design brief on one condition : more circuit lines please. In the original TRON just about everything was outlined with light, in effect everything was a grid pattern and there was plenty of light on the actors also.

So by all means keep the modern designs and look but put more lighting in there (both on and off camera) and make it look more like TRON.

The Recogniser looked like a very worthy updated design but with the "lights off" you couldn't see much at all. Every external contour should be outlined by some sort of light.

And please please please : More colour! Why was everything either blue or orange? was there a practical on-set reason for this limitation?

ZM

There were a few programs with green and even purple circuits. The problem is the lighting is so diffuse on the circuits that sometimes the actual hues get washed out. I don't know if this was because of the way it was recorded or what but there was a smattering of other colored programs. Remember the scene where the guy derezzes during Sam's match, his opponent is a green circuited program, its the same one he derezzes acidentally after his first match.

"Word to the Motherboard!" - IsoLine

lawmune
User

on Monday, January, 03, 2011 3:10 PM
I finally re-watched T:L, this time in IMAX.

I think the IMAX presentation (image and sound) was even better than the presentation at the Hollywood premiere (at the El Capitan theater).

The showing I attended was 10pm on Thursday, Dec. 30. The theater was about 2/3 full.
Afterwards, I heard a few women complaining that they were bored by the second half of the movie, but at least 1/3 of the audience stayed to watch the credits.

Personally, I wasn't super-thrilled the first time I watched the movie, but I liked it better the second time around. See here for my review: http://www.lainspotting.com/2010/12/my-thoughts-on-tron-tron-legacy-and.html#update

doctorclu
User

on Tuesday, January, 04, 2011 12:45 PM
lawmune Wrote:Personally, I wasn't super-thrilled the first time I watched the movie, but I liked it better the second time around. See here for my review: http://www.lainspotting.com/2010/12/my-thoughts-on-tron-tron-legacy-and.html#update

Glad to hear the Imax was so much fun. I was the same way. Liked the movie ok the first time, really liked Legacy much more once I knew what I was going to happen next.

I guess once I had taken it all in after the first time, I was ready to look for more details after that.

CluTron Wrote:
doctorclu Wrote:So any idea what the TRON earnings are at this point?

I believe it has just passed 200 million dollars worldwide earnings. Legacy should get to 250 possibly 300 by the end of the month. There are still 7 or so countries that Legacy hasnt been released in yet. The toys appear to be selling well too and other merchandise. Plus factor in the DVD and BLU ray... Should be all good for Tron

Man I am REALLY glad to hear this. Glad to hear that they will be making their money back on this and then a bit more. And good because I hope they release more figures and toys to collect. I am not getting all the toys right now, but I have really liked what they have come out with.

d3pHaL7
User

on Friday, January, 07, 2011 5:09 PM
I loved the movie .. I felt like a kid again ... I did a full review if you are interested here :http://geekcinemareviews.wordpress.com/2010/12/25/tron-legacy/

It actually had some jaw dropping moments for me .. I knew some of the story going in and only saw the first trailer (on purpose) My family and I had a TRON week and watched the original every night before we saw it.. I saw it in 2D first, then in Passive 3D, the 3rd time was the best on a HUGE screen in San Antonio with Active 3D Glasses and D-BOX .. yeah ... it was awesome.

d3pHaL7
User

on Friday, January, 07, 2011 5:28 PM
... one more thing i forgot to address.. I think that the majority of the negitive reviews came from critics on the payroll of people trying to control what people spend their money on. I mean come on .. with the exeption of a very few tron fans that expected something else and didn't like the movie, every one like it, most of the reviews i see are very very positive, with the exeption of reviews from magazines, newspapers, etc. (Big Media) What do you guys think? maybe this movie shows Big Media's true colors....?

abortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

typicaltronname
User

on Friday, January, 07, 2011 11:19 PM
Tron Unit Wrote:Just got back from seeing for the 7th time in Imax.

Thoughts:

Why doesn't Quorra just swoop down on the Grid in a Light jet and save Sam and take him to the safe house instead of the Light Runner?

Why does Flynn change from white to black as does his disk?

Why do Recognizer's sound like jets instead of the synthesized helicopter sounds from the old system?

1. It seems like only CLU and his Sentries have that capability. Not one good guy has the light jet in the movie.

2. It's white when it's in his possession, but black when not. Not explained at all, but I shrug it off.

3. No idea.

How was the crowd? Were there many people, or were you the only one?

"Reveal your creation date or I will disassemble your code one operation at a time!"

typicaltronname
User

on Friday, January, 07, 2011 11:25 PM
Really? It's black when he's in black... Wow. I need to see that movie again. I'm barely squeezing out good facts on only one viewing.

Thank goodness for my youthful memory. abortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

"Reveal your creation date or I will disassemble your code one operation at a time!"

BigbadMCP
User

on Friday, January, 07, 2011 11:25 PM

Thoughts:

Why doesn't Quorra just swoop down on the Grid in a Light jet and save Sam and take him to the safe house instead of the Light Runner?

Why do Recognizer's sound like jets instead of the synthesized helicopter sounds from the old system?

I thought the Recognizers did sound like helicopters, although it was mixed in with a jet sound. Maybe the sound guys were watching reruns of Airwolf.abortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

cirlin
User

on Friday, January, 07, 2011 11:26 PM

Thoughts:

Quorra didn't have a light jet, and if she did I imagine it would be far more difficult to land in the right spot and take off again in a relatively small area than it would be to just use the runner.

I can think of a few reasons he might have changed color, but the most likely seems to be that he wouldn't stand out as much. Most of the other programs we see are in dark colors.

The Recognizers sound different for the same reason that the lightcycles can drive in curves and the discs are rings and the suits are different. They just decided to go with a different sound.
order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

cirlin
User

on Friday, January, 07, 2011 11:37 PM
Tron Unit Wrote:Actually his disk is black when he's wearing black. I thought the batons were capable of rezzing the light jets so why doesn't Quorra just grab the baton and rez it up since she is perched on top of the arena?

It was a pretty large crowd. Still pulling 'em in. I got a couple of passes from work. Gonna try to go again this weekend. I think this is the last week in Imax before Green Hornet. Sad.

Not all the batons are the same. Some probably have the code for only cycles, some have cycles and jets, some can be katana's like Quorra's and some can be the staffs that the guards have.

Glad to hear there was a good sized crowd. I'm going again tomorrow and I'm curious how full it will be.

order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

Nar78
User

on Saturday, January, 08, 2011 1:37 PM
Just saw it last night with my gf. We both liked it. We weren't exactly amazed or floored but we had a good time watching the film. It was "cool". The music was nice but the theaters didn't pump the sound up. I wish it was louder.
The visuals looked nice. We saw it in Real D and the effects were disappointing in this format. But the movie still stands on it's own without 3D. I'm not a Tron nut by any means, just a casual fan. I love the original movie, the video games and its iconic draw.
But that's about it really. So that said, I did like the movie and wished it were 30 minutes longer because there was still so much I wanted to see.

The biggest downer here was no Yori in the film. But I'm sure you all kept up with that subject. Its too bad. Does this mean she really did die with half her body in reality and the other in digital world? If so, that's a pretty sick way to go. lolabortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

"So, nice-looking ship you got here ."

d3pHaL7
User

on Saturday, January, 08, 2011 2:26 PM
"Why does Flynn change from white to black as does his disk? "

I thought this too. but remember ... he is the creator ... he can change things like that.. I bet he was just color coordinating. HAHAHA where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

typicaltronname
User

on Saturday, January, 08, 2011 2:29 PM
Nar78 Wrote:

The biggest downer here was no Yori in the film. But I'm sure you all kept up with that subject. Its too bad. Does this mean she really did die with half her body in reality and the other in digital world? If so, that's a pretty sick way to go.

I'm afraid, that the events in Tron 2.0, are not canon. So one can assume that in the current canon, She is still alive.
where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill onlineabortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

IsoLine
User

on Saturday, January, 08, 2011 9:47 PM
d3pHaL7 Wrote:"Why does Flynn change from white to black as does his disk? "

I thought this too. but remember ... he is the creator ... he can change things like that.. I bet he was just color coordinating. HAHAHA

He probably does this to be less conspicious. Remeber Flynn is in hiding until Sam goes off with his lightcycle. This forces Flynn to expose himself to the grid again, which he hasn't done is some time. While there are plently of programs clad in white outfits, seeing Flynn in black would proabably be a little less alarming then seeing him in white, which would have been a big tip off that it really was him.where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

IsoLine
User

on Saturday, January, 08, 2011 9:50 PM
Nar78 Wrote:Just saw it last night with my gf. We both liked it. We weren't exactly amazed or floored but we had a good time watching the film. It was "cool". The music was nice but the theaters didn't pump the sound up. I wish it was louder.
The visuals looked nice. We saw it in Real D and the effects were disappointing in this format. But the movie still stands on it's own without 3D. I'm not a Tron nut by any means, just a casual fan. I love the original movie, the video games and its iconic draw.
But that's about it really. So that said, I did like the movie and wished it were 30 minutes longer because there was still so much I wanted to see.

The biggest downer here was no Yori in the film. But I'm sure you all kept up with that subject. Its too bad. Does this mean she really did die with half her body in reality and the other in digital world? If so, that's a pretty sick way to go. lol

It can be assumed that Yori is still alive in some fashion. In the ARG they established (through a video) that Lori Baines is married to Alan Bradley so in essence Lori is still alive and thus her programs could be. For all we know she is still on the old Encom mainframes if not an actual part of the Shiva Laser program. For purposes of this film, ignore the TRON 2.0 storyline. That story is basically non-canon now.

FirstPrevious Page: of 17 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON: LEGACY 
 TRON: LEGACY -- Now In Movie Theatres...! - Share your movie going experience here..!