Other Games 
 Jangaron: Light Cycle Race in a Browser

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments: FirstPrevious Page: of 4 PagesNextLast
death-program
User

Re: Jangaron: Light Cycle Race in a Browser

on Saturday, April, 05, 2008 9:45 PM
What doesn't work with Firefox? If I may quote (not really) the immortal words of Comic Book Guy here: BEST... WEB BROWSER... EVER!!!

You know what's really fun? Playing against yourself!order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

------------------------------------------------------
There are 10 kinds of people: Those who understand trinary and those who don't. And those who confuse it with binary.

The is THE TRUTH ZOMGWTFBBQ

Joo
User

on Sunday, April, 06, 2008 9:21 AM
The Dreamcast line was a joke, btw. hehe. I'll have to try it in a Wii browser soon.
So no more dreaming 'bout Dreamcast, haha. And yeah, please go ahead an try it on the Wii, because as I said, it is quite likely that is already works!

'll have to check it out in my Palm's browser, too! Wishful thinking...
So you have a Palm, too? Which model? I have a Tungsten T5 and I think it is the best Palm ever, not to say the best PDA of all :-)! Well, if you use Blazer or NetFront (with the "Make me Clie hack!), you can spare the testing, because it simply does not work :-(. Blazer is not very good at DHTML, and both cannot display border slants (if you want to see for yourself try this test page). Do you know any other Palm browser that might do the job?
The modile device I am really aiming at is the iPhone / iPod Touch. Since Apple say it has a "real Safari", it should work now, but sadly, it doesn't. I have to figure out what is different on the iPhone, fix it, and would have a Tron killer app... that's my wishful thinking!

TRON.dll
User

on Sunday, April, 06, 2008 10:50 AM
Joo Wrote:So you have a Palm, too? Which model? I have a Tungsten T5 and I think it is the best Palm ever, not to say the best PDA of all :-)!

I use a Palm OS Garnet V.5.4.9. It's killer app is an Atari 2600 emulator.

Well, if you use Blazer or NetFront (with the "Make me Clie hack!), you can spare the testing, because it simply does not work

Alright, thanks. I use what my Palm came with, which is Blazer.

Blazer is not very good at DHTML, and both cannot display border slants (if you want to see for yourself try this test page).

Blazer isn't very good at much of anything, really..
It seems to be best at forums, email, and killing off your battery at the most inconvenient time possible. Of course, then again, it can download stuff, so that's pretty awesome.

Do you know any other Palm browser that might do the job?
The modile device I am really aiming at is the iPhone / iPod Touch. Since Apple say it has a "real Safari", it should work now, but sadly, it doesn't. I have to figure out what is different on the iPhone, fix it, and would have a Tron killer app... that's my wishful thinking!

Wow, that would be awesome. Good Luck!

*Person Sitting on Bus, playing Jangaron on iPhone.*
"Good day fine sir! What is that you are playing on your iPhone?"
"Jangaron"
"WTFOMGBBQ THAT'S INSANE!"
"I know"
"Can I try?!?!?"
"Dude, get your ow--oh wait wrong commercial..."

TRON 2.0 (PC) name - TRON.dll
I'll play any mode, but I'm best at LC.

PSN - TRON-dll
XBOX Live/Games for Windows Live - TRONdll
-I have a Wii, DS, and 3DS. PM me to exchange friend codes.

Joo
User

on Monday, April, 07, 2008 3:28 PM
death-program Wrote:You know what's really fun? Playing against yourself!

Yep, that's the way I tested the game before there were any computer players. I always got confused which keys control the player in which view port... but it's a nice challenge!where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill onlineabortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

Joo
User

on Monday, April, 07, 2008 3:42 PM
death-program Wrote:Then you could have it showing a Program's viewpoint.

It's probably a bit hidden, but actually you already can! Just go to the "Players" tab and check the "View?" checkbox for any "Program" player. Note that there is a maximum of four view ports, which is limited only because you'd need a very large screen and a very fast computer for more view ports (even a multi core processor doesn't help because JavaScript is single-threaded...).
After the Program got derezzed, the view will stand still. Maybe it would be better to switch it to the next surviving Program, so that you can monitor any remaining opponents?

Joo
User

on Monday, April, 07, 2008 3:48 PM
TRON.dll Wrote:I use a Palm OS Garnet V.5.4.9. It's killer app is an Atari 2600 emulator.

Alright, thanks. I use what my Palm came with, which is Blazer.

If you are interested in getting NetFront to run, I can search for the link of a tool you need to do so. It runs quite well, has better JavaScript support, but some other disadvantages:
  • does not switch to "full screen" on the T5
  • does not show the amount of transferred bytes, which is interesting when you pay for GPRS/UMTS volume, not time, like I have to.
  • has quite large fonts and I didn't find a setting to make them smaller.

*Person Sitting on Bus, playing Jangaron on iPhone.* ...
    --oh wait wrong commercial..."
    order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pillabortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

•  
    TRON.dll
    User

on Sunday, April, 13, 2008 6:35 PM
    You'll never believe this, but I just tried it on my Wii's browser and it works perfect!

Some drawbacks:

-Only one human at a time (I think, I'll keep playing around with control schemes).
    -You have to zoom out a little so that the screen doesn't scroll while you're playing.

Some neat things are:

-Compatible with USB keyboards.
    -Works with any button on the Wiimote (although you should just stick to the D-Pad).

I'll put a video up here soon. where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

PSN - TRON-dll

TRON.dll
    User

on Sunday, April, 13, 2008 9:19 PM

PSN - TRON-dll

Joo
    User

on Monday, April, 14, 2008 4:05 PM
    TRON.dll Wrote:You'll never believe this, but I just tried it on my Wii's browser and it works perfect!
    Wow, TRON.dll, that's awesome! Thanks for making this YouTube video -- great promotion! You are a hero!
    Some drawbacks:
    -Only one human at a time (I think, I'll keep playing around with control schemes).
    -You have to zoom out a little so that the screen doesn't scroll while you're playing.
    Maybe I can fix that, there's some documentation 'bout the Wii specialties of Opera at their developers' site... Please keep me up to date concerning the control schemes! What's the problem with defining another human player?

TRON.dll
    User

on Monday, April, 14, 2008 7:48 PM
    Well, there's no problem with defining the other human player. The controls just simply won't work for one of them. I'm still experimenting, though. order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pill

PSN - TRON-dll

Joo
    User

on Thursday, April, 17, 2008 4:51 AM
    Good news: a colleague of mine volunteered to adapt Jangaron for using the Wii controllers! I'll keep you informed about our progress.

TRON.dll
    User

on Thursday, April, 17, 2008 8:36 AM
    Sweet, good luck to him!

Maybe I should make an ad for Jangaron and put it on Youtube...

PSN - TRON-dll

Joo
    User

on Friday, April, 18, 2008 3:44 PM
    TRON.dll Wrote:Well, there's no problem with defining the other human player. The controls just simply won't work for one of them. I'm still experimenting, though.
    Funny thing is, it seems since some updates to Jangaron 0.43 which I made for the "mini" version, controls for multiple human players did not work at all! It did not have anything to do with the Wii controller! I fixed it (see me latest blog post), so please go ahead and try again!order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pillabortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

Joo
    User

Jangaron Version 0.5 Online

on Saturday, May, 24, 2008 2:34 PM
    Hi Tron-Sector,

just wanted to let you know that I have just made public a new version of Jangaron (called 0.5)! You can find it
    here or reach it through www.jangaron.net.
    It features look left/right/aback, music and sounds, team play and presets, and more accurate control of the lightcycle. I also welcome you to read my corresponding blog entry.
    A few remarks about the feature request that came out of this forum thread:
    TRON.dll: I finally fixed the bug you reported: "Can't see info for players 4-6, gets cut off screen on main menu". I also dealt with your feature requests "music", "voices/movie sounds", and "different camera angels" (what I call "look left/right/aback"). I hope you like it!
    TheReelTodd: Although you cannot set up arbitrary starting positions, you now have team configuration. All players of one team start next to each other. If you play one-on-one, every player starts somewhere else.
    Death-program: "If you put every player as a Program, the program messes up and it becomes very difficult to exit your browser." - The program now should handle all game modes correctly, even when using computer players only. The JavaScript-alert at the end of the game is history - have a look yourself to see how I replaced this (surprise, surprise)!
    Hope to see you at www.jangaron.net!
    Cheers,
    -Joo-
    on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill onlineorder abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

TRON.dll
    User

on Saturday, May, 24, 2008 6:52 PM
    *Foams at mouth from excitement*

AWESOME! Probably the best LC game on the net! I should probably make something like a promo vid for Youtube.

I havn't had a chance to try this out on the Wii browser yet, unfortunately. I'll report back here once I try it there.

Love the new sounds and music, though! Awesome job!

BROWSER COMPATIBILITY COMFIRMATION (I'll update this in this post):

FIREFOX: CONFIRMED, ALAN 1!
    INTERNET EXPLORER: UNCONFIRMED
    NETSCAPE: UNCONFIRMED
    Wii OPERA: NO
    PALM BLAZER: NO
    NINTENDO DS OPERA: UNCONFIRMED

Awesome new game over screens! Love how you have multiple screens, too!

PSN - TRON-dll

Daddyo
    User

on Saturday, May, 24, 2008 11:29 PM
    Really nice job Joo. Looks like quite a bit of work went into that.

I'm trying it out on a Mac with its Safari browser and doesn't seem to work, I get a black screen. The old full version only shows the initial intro screen, some html doesn't seem to be recognized (#{tab.name} seen on tab on top, enter grid doesn't work). I'm not normally on a Mac but thought I'd give you some input.where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

TRON.dll
    User

on Sunday, May, 25, 2008 1:45 AM
    Hehe, looks like you got the Blue Ghost of Death there, Daddyo.

Is that what Macs get instead of the Blue Screen of Death?

PSN - TRON-dll

Joo
    User

on Sunday, May, 25, 2008 8:06 AM
    Daddyo Wrote:
    I'm trying it out on a Mac with its Safari browser and doesn't seem to work, I get a black screen. The old full version only shows the initial intro screen, some html doesn't seem to be recognized (#{tab.name} seen on tab on top, enter grid doesn't work).
    Thanks for the info, Daddyo. Can you please tell me which version of Safari you tested on? There seem to be issues with 3.0, but 3.1 should work. And could you open the "console" and send me the error message?
    P.S.: My brother just tested Jangaron with Safari 3.1.1. under Mac OS and it worked perfectly!on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill online

Avi
    User

on Sunday, May, 25, 2008 3:18 PM
    I think it would be a good idea to remind people right now to upgrade their operating systems. Some people reported a black screen while loading Jangaron in Internet Explorer, but after some research it appears that each one of them were still running Internet Explorer 6, not IE7.

TRON.dll
    User

on Sunday, May, 25, 2008 5:46 PM
    Unfortunately, some people just cannot stand IE7, and I know some people who cannot use it because it is incompatible with some very important online applications they have to use.

It would be advisable to just download Firefox, I think that would be the simplest solution if you cannot play the game on your version of IE.where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

PSN - TRON-dll

FirstPrevious Page: of 4 PagesNextLast
    New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
    Forums 
     Other Games 
     Jangaron: Light Cycle Race in a Browser