TRON: LEGACY 
 Remake vs. Sequel

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 3 PagesNextLast
undead_overlord
User

Remake vs. Sequel

on Sunday, April, 30, 2006 7:55 PM
Most people here are pretty hopeful for a sequel, but what about a remake? I think a TRON remake would be just as entertaining as a sequel... what are your thoughts?

Tirtuatha
User

Re: Remake vs. Sequel

on Sunday, April, 30, 2006 8:28 PM
No way. Disney's remakes tend to suck on ice. Besides, it was done right the first time. A sequel, heck yes! A remake....*shudder*

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Sunday, April, 30, 2006 9:00 PM

It's already been discussed before, and I think the general concensus was: sequel, not remake. Remakes are generally trash.

In my case, I definitely want to see a sequel.

LDSOFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt

Tirtuatha
User

on Sunday, April, 30, 2006 9:28 PM
I had heard they were thinking of a re-make and my childhood flashed before my eyes. The big problem is that I could see someone in the boardroom thinking that it would be a good idea. Like That Darned Cat. and the new Herbie. Yeah. Blockbusters there.order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pillabortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

Compucore
User

on Sunday, April, 30, 2006 9:45 PM
Or the shaggy dog with whats his name from tool time. I remember when those originally aired from Disney when I was younger. They were okay for the times when they came out. But hearing about them coming out again for the newer generation. Doesn't sound like a great idea to begin with.

I think that hollywood and partly disney is turning out more of the older stuff that has been there already. There is nothing that is more original right now that I have seen that would get me to the theatre these days or buy a redo of an older movie. I would rather see something that is more of a thing that is different that what has already came out. You know.

Tirtuatha Wrote:I had heard they were thinking of a re-make and my childhood flashed before my eyes. The big problem is that I could see someone in the boardroom thinking that it would be a good idea. Like That Darned Cat. and the new Herbie. Yeah. Blockbusters there.
where to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill onlineabortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

To compute or not to compute that is the question at hand. Tis nobler to compile in C++ or in TASM.

undead_overlord
User

on Sunday, April, 30, 2006 10:42 PM
As for this already being posted, I'm sorry, searched "Remake" and it didn't come up with anything I was looking for... as for the oppinions, I suppose you're right... it was done right the first time...

Cyclist
User

on Friday, June, 02, 2006 2:59 AM
Sequal for me, please!

lurkinghorror
User

on Friday, June, 02, 2006 3:33 AM
Either way, it's more Tron. And that's what matters, right? But personally, I think a remake would stand the best chance of success in the world of film. So I guess I will embrace the unpopular path and vote for remake.

clu_backup
User

on Friday, June, 02, 2006 7:02 AM
Tron: On Ice.

Disney's done an ice rink version of the rest of their crap.where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

tronprogram
Sector Admin

on Friday, June, 02, 2006 12:01 PM
Sequelorder abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pillwhere to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

"Like the man said, there's no problems, only solutions"-Kevin Flynn, prior to his entry into the electronic world- 1982

DaveTRON
User

on Friday, June, 02, 2006 2:03 PM
clu_backup Wrote:Tron: On Ice.

Disney's done an ice rink version of the rest of their crap.

It's already been done. There was a TRON on Ice segment to the Walt Disney World on Ice shows from 1983 to 1999.order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

DaveTRON

disc100
User

on Tuesday, June, 06, 2006 6:16 PM
I have changed my answer a Sequel will rock!

-------------------------------------------------------
Click here for a picture of air!

Click here for an Awesome picture of TRON!!!

zook_one
User

on Tuesday, June, 06, 2006 6:16 PM
NO REMAKES! TRON has a certain zeitgeist (spirit of the times) to it to remake the movie , in order to say, update the effects or something, completely misses the point.

Computers and graphics have come along way in 24 years, I feel a new TRON movie should express this fact and therefore I feel the only way to truely express the spirit of TRON is with a sequel not a remake.where to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

[LDSO] LIVING DEAD SYSTEM OPERATORS www.LDSO.net

lurkinghorror
User

on Tuesday, June, 06, 2006 9:16 PM
I think there is a misunderstanding that a remake (if one were to materialize) would be based upon a perceived need to update the graphics/technology. There are many other factors that would dictate this. One of the largest being, of course, that the first movie was not particularly well received, which makes a sequel a much harder sell. Another being that, from a creative standpoint, Tron is very much a open and closed story, complete with prerequisite universal happy ending. Further adventures based upon the characters is not really required, or desired, from a storytellers perspective.

This is, of course, one of the greatest strengths of the film. It is a complete story, telling you all that you need to leave the experience satisfied. Tron as a concept could continue, but Tron as a familiar character is only lessened by repeat appearances. His battle is won, and he has ridden off into the digital sunset. Flynn has gone through a similar heroic journey, receiving his due. There is a reason that the content of the game portrayed the further existence of these characters as bleak. They could only fall from the positions they had attained, if any character conflict was to be realized.

Imagine Tron without Tron, Flynn, Yuri, Alan, Lora, Sark, Dillinger, or The MCP. The only way I could envision a sequel, is to remove it from all familiar elements. A conceptual sequel, but not a literal progression of story. Unconnected characters explore the digital universe in new ways unrelated to the first film.

on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill onlineorder abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

Sora.EXE
User

on Tuesday, June, 06, 2006 10:10 PM
I think a Sequel/ prequel would be better then a remake. It is too risky for quality of a remake. Let me put this in terms of King Kong. Some remakes are good (2005, Peter Jackson), and some are bad (1976, Dino De Laurentiis).

tron04
User

on Tuesday, May, 08, 2007 3:15 PM
Greetings Programs,

I thought at first I was going to be a sequel, but I guess I was wrong.I think a sequel would be better in some ways like, I be something new and you could add more characters in the story more easily.But a remake might be good to because you would be able to keep the original TRON feeling but I a remake might be more likely to add to much extra things and ruin the entire TRON MOVIE.But still I'll be excited about the TRON Remake.

Boingo_Buzzard
User

on Tuesday, May, 08, 2007 4:35 PM
tron04 Wrote:
I thought at first I was going to be a sequel, but I guess I was wrong.

No plans for children then huh?

order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

tron04
User

on Saturday, May, 19, 2007 5:31 PM
Boingo_Buzzard Wrote:
tron04 Wrote:
I thought at first I was going to be a sequel, but I guess I was wrong.

No plans for children then huh?

Oh yeah sorry *thought it was going to be a sequel

Mr. Sinistar
Sector Admin

on Saturday, May, 19, 2007 10:22 PM
lurkinghorror Wrote:I think there is a misunderstanding that a remake (if one were to materialize) would be based upon a perceived need to update the graphics/technology. There are many other factors that would dictate this. One of the largest being, of course, that the first movie was not particularly well received, which makes a sequel a much harder sell. Another being that, from a creative standpoint, Tron is very much a open and closed story, complete with prerequisite universal happy ending. Further adventures based upon the characters is not really required, or desired, from a storytellers perspective.

This is, of course, one of the greatest strengths of the film. It is a complete story, telling you all that you need to leave the experience satisfied. Tron as a concept could continue, but Tron as a familiar character is only lessened by repeat appearances. His battle is won, and he has ridden off into the digital sunset. Flynn has gone through a similar heroic journey, receiving his due. There is a reason that the content of the game portrayed the further existence of these characters as bleak. They could only fall from the positions they had attained, if any character conflict was to be realized.

Imagine Tron without Tron, Flynn, Yuri, Alan, Lora, Sark, Dillinger, or The MCP. The only way I could envision a sequel, is to remove it from all familiar elements. A conceptual sequel, but not a literal progression of story. Unconnected characters explore the digital universe in new ways unrelated to the first film.

Lurkinghorror's preivous post made a very good point about a remake. I'm all for a remake, if it didn't have the original characters. But, unfortunately, the chances of a remake with completely different characters is pretty unlikely, so I'm going with a sequel, whereas the chances of the stories of Jet Bradley and/or new characters are likely to continue/begin.

The other reason why I'm going with sequel is because of the art direction. If a remake was to be in production, then that means that the director/art director/designers have total control on the way TRON looks. They could completely redesign the Lightcycles, Recognizers, Tanks, MCP, Solar Sailer, etc.. They could redesign the whole world of TRON , to look like one of the shots of the "insides" of the Gibson Supercomputer from the 1995 movie, "Hackers": a circuit-board ground with glass-like skyscrapers (which was pretty ugly-looking compared to TRON). With a sequel, the art design HAS to follow Syd Mead/John Norton/Mobeius/Peter Lloyd's designs and rules on how TRON should look, thus any new designs in the sequel will reflect the original look of TRON.order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

OPEN SOURCE TRON PROJECT

"what the hell is a limux.."

- Gattorcar (a user on YouTube) April 17, 2007

test

Qix77
User

on Sunday, May, 20, 2007 5:05 AM
Tirtuatha Wrote:No way. Disney's remakes tend to suck on ice. Besides, it was done right the first time. A sequel, heck yes! A remake....*shudder*

Aman, brother..... Sequel...

The first film was awesome.. no remakes...

Page: of 3 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON: LEGACY 
 Remake vs. Sequel