TRON: LEGACY 
 Remake vs. Sequel

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments: FirstPrevious Page: of 3 PagesNextLast
Traahn
User

Re: Remake vs. Sequel

on Sunday, May, 20, 2007 5:14 PM
Ahh, yes. The classic discussion of remake vs. sequel. Here it was: http://www.tron-sector.com/forums/default.aspx?do=top&id=304810&pg=1.

I'd be okay with a remake or a sequel. As long as it is Tron, and as long as they stay true to the Tron universe and don't make it rediculously cheesy, then do what they will.

As for the "no remake" crowd: do you know how much you would never know about if things were never remade? Songs, movies, TV shows, video games, etc. From the above link, I ~wrote this post. A sarcastic way to try and prove my point. So many more things could be added to this list:
- I loved the old Amiga 500 game called Pirates!. I wish they never would've remade it.
- I loved the old Doom game from the early- or mid-1990s. I wish they never would've remade it.
- I loved the 1916 movie version of Phantom of the Opera. I wish they never remade it ... 10 other times; and most of all I wish they had never made it into a musical.
- I loved the 1933 version of King Kong. I wish they never would've remade it ... several times. I can't believe they had Jeff Bridges play the main character in the 70s version, either :P
- I loved the song "Unchained Melody" by Al Hibbler from long, long ago. I wish the Righteous Brothers and others never would've remade it.
- I loved Tron. I hope they never remake it.

There just isn't enough room in this world for remakes, imo.

abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

I'm getting out of here right now, and you guys are invited. -----^

Cam_the_Man
User

on Thursday, August, 16, 2007 4:20 PM

*Doesn't bother to read other posts*
So wait.... I just read somewhere that Disney announced a new TRON movie...In 2005. After TRON 2.0. Which means.... this was before the time when they said they were making a sequela nd wound up making a game... any truth to this?
order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

In the midst of Team Fortress 2:
TRON.dll: (Captures the intelligence) "I have take the intelligence and it will cause meltdown!"
Cam_the_Man: "No! Not all of Dallas!"

TheReelTodd
Sector Admin

on Thursday, August, 16, 2007 6:54 PM
Cam_the_Man Wrote:
So wait.... I just read somewhere that Disney announced a new TRON movie...In 2005. After TRON 2.0. Which means.... this was before the time when they said they were making a sequela nd wound up making a game... any truth to this?

There was talk of Disney green-lighting a remake of TRON, but I think it got scrubbed before it got far.

I'd prefer a sequel myself, but I doubt we'll see that.

Disney doesn't know what to do with TRON and I fear if they do anything with it, it will only smear the greatness that we have all loved for so long.

TRON needs to be put in the hands of a creative group of individuals who 1) get it 2) really enjoy it 3) are very enthusiastic about it 4) care about what the existing TRON fan base may enjoy in any new TRON. Disney cannot provide any of those things, so I'd rather they just left it alone, or better yet - sell the rights to an entity that is all of the above. Doubt that would ever happen, but it would be good for TRON and good for TRON fans.

lurkinghorror
User

on Thursday, August, 16, 2007 9:35 PM
TheReelTodd Wrote:

Disney doesn't know what to do with TRON and I fear if they do anything with it, it will only smear the greatness that we have all loved for so long.

Et tu', TheReelTodd?

Cam_the_Man
User

on Friday, August, 17, 2007 4:21 PM
TheReelTodd Wrote:
Cam_the_Man Wrote:

There was talk of Disney green-lighting a remake of TRON, but I think it got scrubbed before it got far.

I'd prefer a sequel myself, but I doubt we'll see that.

TRON needs to be put in the hands of a creative group of individuals who 1) get it 2) really enjoy it 3) are very enthusiastic about it 4) care about what the existing TRON fan base may enjoy in any new TRON. Disney cannot provide any of those things, so I'd rather they just left it alone, or better yet - sell the rights to an entity that is all of the above. Doubt that would ever happen, but it would be good for TRON and good for TRON fans.

Bummerabortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

In the midst of Team Fortress 2:
TRON.dll: (Captures the intelligence) "I have take the intelligence and it will cause meltdown!"
Cam_the_Man: "No! Not all of Dallas!"

Prankster bit
User

on Friday, August, 17, 2007 4:37 PM
i'm with Todd on this one. tron should be left as is unless it's in the hands of someone who cares for it.

having said that, if I really had to pick between a remake and a sequel. i'd pick sequel. though it would be interesting to see how it would look with today's special effects magic, i'd rather have a continuation of the story, either direct sequel, non-canon with, or set after tron 2.0, or after the events of the comic book series [which I still havn't been able to get my hands on yet].

if done properly with care and combined with modern effects, it would be one hell of a movie!
order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

words of wisdom from...

PranKsTeR BiT V2.0

MutoidMan
User

on Friday, August, 17, 2007 4:51 PM
Oh, not this again...

"We are, after all, not God." - Cmdr. J. J. Adams
"C is for cookie. That's good enough for me." - Cookie Monster
"If money is the root of all evil, I'd like to be a bad, bad man." - Huey Lewis & the News

Most recent PC game collection update: 04/12/2012. Check it out!

lurkinghorror
User

on Friday, August, 17, 2007 4:55 PM
or after the events of the comic book series (which I still havn't been able to get my hands on yet)

Well... there is that handy set of links on the main news page.
where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

Alan#1
User

on Tuesday, January, 15, 2008 6:49 PM
I'm in favor of a SEQUAL to Tron, than a remake, a remake is too risky,and can easily destroy a franchise, and you are garanteed something positive at least with a sequal, I would be happier with the original cast in the sequal, it does'nt even have to be like a next day sequal, were it picks up where the first one left off!, And it would be cool to see two arcade games in Flynns new office ( Dillingers old office ) like the Tron arcade game, and Space Paranoids right next to it!, it would also be neat to have Rams programer working for Emcom, and he bumps into Flynn by accident, and Flynn recognizes him as Ram, and have Ram's programer say" how did you know about my program called Ram, I lost that one years ago! "

" It all looked so easy, on the other side of the screen!"

TechnoFan21
User

on Saturday, February, 16, 2008 10:45 PM
Well, whatever Disney does, sequel or remake, I just hope that they mess the whole Tron thing up. Like, totally change the feel of the computer world or try to market the movie to children.on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill online

TheReelTodd
Sector Admin

on Sunday, February, 17, 2008 1:43 PM
TechnoFan21 Wrote:Well, whatever Disney does, sequel or remake, I just hope that they mess the whole Tron thing up. Like, totally change the feel of the computer world or try to market the movie to children.

Did you forget a word in that post, TechnoFan21? A rather important word that gives the whole post the proper polarity?

I DON'T mean to pick on you or anything, but I think you left something out. What ever could it be? Why DON'T you read your post again closely. DON'T rush through it or anything. See if you can find what DON'T seem right in there... somewhere between THEY and MESS or something.

I've done the same thing, btw - it happens. I just DON'T like when I do it. Ok, enough of the bolded, upper-case, underlined hints. Well, maybe one more. I just DON'T want to beat this thing too far in to the ground. People DON'T like when I do that. DON'T you agree?

TechnoFan21
User

on Sunday, February, 17, 2008 10:21 PM
OH. WOW. UM.... sorry about that, it was late at night, and I guess I was not paying attention to what I was typing. Yes, I totally mean that I hope they DON'T mess Tron up. Sorry for the confusion there.abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

Alan1
User

on Monday, February, 25, 2008 5:40 PM
Although, chances are better that they WILL mess things up. So I hope that they WON'T do anything but continue to put out more lame pins!

"This isn't happening, it only thinks it's happening"-Kevin Flynn
https://www.facebook.com/pages/LightEars/935720649794384

Riddle Me This
User

on Saturday, March, 08, 2008 12:35 PM
clu_backup Wrote:Tron: On Ice.

I'd watch that.

More on topic, a "remake" couldn't really be done that truly, I think. Technology is a lot more advanced than it was in the 80's and let's face it, this movie is pretty dated. No mice, arcades, etc. The whole story (outside the system) may need an overhaul.

However, with a true sequel, they can just throw all modern computing at us and not "break" anything.

Although, I'm probably wrong. I dunno, it's been a while since I was at this board.where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill onlineabortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

Ð474.dll
User

on Sunday, March, 16, 2008 7:29 AM
Chances are they would screw this up, They have been making piles rubbish films recently, (Yes high school musical,im looking at you!)
But i hope if it gets made,it would be a great addition to my TRON collection.order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

Imma firin mah E-mail!

TRON.dll
User

on Sunday, March, 16, 2008 5:33 PM
I think all Disney cares about right now is Hannah Montana. Their real goal is to try and reach out mainly to the age group of kids born in the 1997-2002 range. I tried explaining TRON to a bunch of little kids in that range while we were watching it, and they got bored silly. Honestly, these kids had probably never known what a real arcade from the 80's is, rather, what Chuck E Cheese and Power Play are. Likely, this movie will go away (and I mean FAR away) from the actual meaning of the first film, and rather go towards a more kid-digestible environment. I mean stuff like:

Virtual Magic Kingdom
Online gaming
Webkins
etc..

Worst possible scenario (if it does happen):
TRON 3.0: FROM THE DIRECTOR OF HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL 3!

NOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooo.........

Of course knowing Disney, that doesn't seem out of the question..

END OF ANTI-DISNEY RANT

TRON 2.0 (PC) name - TRON.dll
I'll play any mode, but I'm best at LC.

PSN - TRON-dll
XBOX Live/Games for Windows Live - TRONdll
-I have a Wii, DS, and 3DS. PM me to exchange friend codes.

Jademz
User

on Sunday, March, 16, 2008 10:10 PM
TRON.dll Wrote:I think all Disney cares about right now is Hannah Montana.

END OF ANTI-DISNEY RANT

Worst possible scenario is they make a good muppets movie based on Tron. lol

iGame3D
User

on Monday, March, 17, 2008 1:03 AM
Anything Disney or any other studio can do just adds to the treasure trove of TRON goodness.

I'm not familiar with TRON 2.0 editing, but in theory it should be possible to re-enact the entire movie in game.

The users are capable of scripting out any possible extended scenario.

Thats the sure fire way of having an awesome TRON remake , sequel, serial, or saga.

There's nothing stopping any of us from making something great.

This disc means freedom!

where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

TRON.dll
User

on Monday, March, 17, 2008 1:10 AM
Jademz Wrote:
TRON.dll Wrote:I think all Disney cares about right now is Hannah Montana.

END OF ANTI-DISNEY RANT

Worst possible scenario is they make a good muppets movie based on Tron. lol

Hey, at least it'd be good.

I don't personally care if it's a sequel or remake, as long as it has nothing to do with Hannah Montana. hehe.

I can see it now, and it ain't lookin' pretty:
The MCP is at a Hannah Montana concert, and for some reason decides to digitize her into the digital world where she must sing for all of the MCP's gaurds..

Ouch, I can't say any more. It hurts too much. where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

TRON 2.0 (PC) name - TRON.dll
I'll play any mode, but I'm best at LC.

PSN - TRON-dll
XBOX Live/Games for Windows Live - TRONdll
-I have a Wii, DS, and 3DS. PM me to exchange friend codes.

death-program
User

on Monday, March, 17, 2008 9:32 AM
Actually, Hannah Montana would make a pretty powerful (not to mention annoying) weapon. Good thing we can't add custom weapons to TRON 2.0. Thank you, BVG, for not releasing the source code! Just kidding.
But why would the MCP purposfully try to torture his gaurds like that? Even he's not that cruel.

I would be happy with a simple movie-ing of the game. Yay for made-up words!order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pillwhere to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill onlineabortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

------------------------------------------------------
There are 10 kinds of people: Those who understand trinary and those who don't. And those who confuse it with binary.

The is THE TRUTH ZOMGWTFBBQ

FirstPrevious Page: of 3 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON: LEGACY 
 Remake vs. Sequel