Re: A Real TRON costume

on Tuesday, March, 21, 2006 6:09 PM
Already out of my price range.

DaveTRON

Boingo_Buzzard
User

on Tuesday, March, 21, 2006 6:23 PM

Hrm... didn't this one pop up before? Or maybe I saw it from a webpage of someone's personal collection.

Tori
User

on Tuesday, March, 21, 2006 6:30 PM
Holy crap! That's one expensive costume!! GEEZ! abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

==

Red5
User

on Tuesday, March, 21, 2006 9:54 PM

It's not as cool as the video warriors' suits. And for that price? Well... let a fool part with his money.

DaveTRON
User

on Tuesday, March, 21, 2006 10:31 PM
Red5 Wrote:
It's not as cool as the video warriors' suits. And for that price? Well... let a fool part with his money.

Hey, if I had the dough I could be mad at Red5 right now for calling me a fool!

I'd buy it if I could. I set one of these up at the El Capitan for the 2004 TRON screening and it was beautiful. I'd love to have one in the shrine.

DaveTRON

tronprogram
Sector Admin

on Wednesday, March, 22, 2006 3:11 AM
It's to much for me. Even if I had that kind of money I don't know if I'd go for it. Plus, on top of the bid there's an 18% buyers premium to go on the final price as well making it even more expensive.

"Like the man said, there's no problems, only solutions"-Kevin Flynn, prior to his entry into the electronic world- 1982

TimothyC
User

on Wednesday, March, 22, 2006 2:27 PM
tronprogram Wrote:Plus, on top of the bid there's an 18% buyers premium to go on teh final price as well making it even more expensive.

That's the first thing I thought of when I noticed who was selling it. After watching those three pieces close for $2700 the other day, there's no way in the world I could pull the trigger at $2400ish for just the coat and boots. It's just simply too much.

@Boingo

You're thinking of Alex B's Tron costume. That lucky dog won the costume and Disney, for whatever reason, included an elder's coat when they sent it. He paid quite a bit less than 2K for it as well .

-Timothy C.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Collect toys? If so then check out the forums at www.toytraderz.com and view the largest online toy database anywhere on the net.

jmaynard
User

on Friday, March, 31, 2006 8:59 PM
I bid on it, but had to drop out at $4250. I just didn't have any more room on my credit card than that, after the buyer's premium was cranked in.

It went for $5000, and probably would have gone higher had I stayed in.where to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill onlineabortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

Jay Maynard, the Tron Guy

TimothyC
User

on Monday, April, 03, 2006 1:46 PM
jmaynard Wrote:I bid on it, but had to drop out at $4250. I just didn't have any more room on my credit card than that, after the buyer's premium was cranked in.

It went for $5000, and probably would have gone higher had I stayed in.

Actually Jay I'm suprised it went that high. Honestly had it not be a Profiles In History auction I doubt it would have gone for half that amount. I'm basing my opinion on the two recent Tron prop auctions on eBay. One was for THREE costume pieces (helmet, chest armor, and RAM's arm guard) that closed for $2700 and the other was for the Jai-alai like disc thrower that closed for around $1100. Both of the auctions were by private individuals who still had the original Disney COA from when they were originally auctions several years ago.

IMO, the auction with three pieces was a much better buy when compared to the elder costume. But that's just what I think ;^).

-Timothy C.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Collect toys? If so then check out the forums at www.toytraderz.com and view the largest online toy database anywhere on the net.

NoExcuses
User

on Monday, April, 03, 2006 1:48 PM
jmaynard Wrote:I bid on it, but had to drop out at $4250. I just didn't have any more room on my credit card than that, after the buyer's premium was cranked in.

It went for $5000, and probably would have gone higher had I stayed in.
Well, if I were you I'd be pretty pleased with myself right now. Sure, the auction had gone for much more than you'd been willing to pay, but at least you made the other guy pay more!

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 Collector 
 A Real TRON costume