TRON: LEGACY 
 What's your take on the Film News?

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 8 PagesNextLast
Auric
Sector Creator

on Thursday, January, 13, 2005 9:05 AM
As I've stated, the news that Steven may not be involved does not sit well with me. How about you?order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

Dave "Auric" Hernly
Sector Administrator

Pilgrim1099
User

Re: What's your take on the Film News?

on Thursday, January, 13, 2005 10:00 AM
Hey,

This is my 1st post and just wanted to say that I grew up watching Tron since 1982 when I was 10 years old and knew it to be a unique film and piece of work compared to others. I've always wanted to do something for the film and someday be involved with the project with the excellent Mr. Lisberger as a storyboard artist myself (I'm an illustrator/designer btw). The recent news of Disney turning into a remake is not cool with me and besides the idea of Tron 2.0 was ironically similar to what me and my friend had before the game came out..weird. The Tron sequel needs to be in Steven's hands, period. He is the man to do it and knows how to take it to a certain level to show how the internet has changed the world of Tron within the 20 year span.
I think a petition is in order to support Mr. Lisberger. It takes a crew of hard-core Tron fans to back him up, not the "X-Box/Playstation" generation. And then the comic book version gets axed..a shame.
Again, this is not cool of Disney.

TextPad
User

on Thursday, January, 13, 2005 10:14 AM
Well... it's early. Too early. The news are too sparse and unconfirmed. I for once am not willing to let these news make/ruin my day, depending on how unrealistic *ahem* I mean optimist I feel.

Yeah, it sounds bad. No Lisberger, not a sequel (it's a remake), two unknown guys at the script. But as of now it could happen everything- it could rock, it could suck, and it could be never done at all.

But one thing is for sure. I've nothing against those two screenwriters, I don't mind if it's only their second script, but if the high echelons of Disney are gonna keep Steven Lisberger out of it I won't watch it. Period.

p.s. Dave, please let us know what Steven thinks of this whole thing ASAP!

p.p.s. Auric, could you move the other thread here please?

p.p.p.s. And let's not start a petition, look where this one up here has gotten us

Lightforce
User

No way remaking!

on Thursday, January, 13, 2005 11:04 AM
Remaking TRON is a very bad thing!

Why do people always have to make old things look newer, like Lucas did with Star Wars? I was completely happy with the original trilogy, but all I can do now is watch the new special edition from dvd with those new additions. Well, remastering and adding new scenes is not the same as full remaking, but anyway. I can't think of TRON without Bruce B...

One of the things that make TRON so special is the way things look, the silk-smooth surfaces of the lightcycles and all the old-fashioned graphics...
I was born in 1983, so I never saw TRON on movies, but somehow I think I should have lived two decades earlier. That's because I like Commodore 64, old PC:s (like 386, Win 95 is the last I can stand, Win XP=aaargh), TRON, Back to the Future, Star Wars IV-VI and all good ol' PC games with vector graphics way much better than new 3D-super accelerated mega-multi-action-shooters and those new cellphones & digital cameras that are the size of a stamp nowadays.

So why bother making old movies again, they're only going to make them look worse. Let's leave the old films at rest, they deserve it! It's even worse if Steven isn't involved, it's like they did with T3, there was no Cameron and the film was bad! T2 is one of the very best movies in history, but T3 is way down low.

Heavy NO to remaking! order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pillwhere to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill onlineabortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

Prankster bit
User

on Thursday, January, 13, 2005 11:17 AM

no
no
no
no
no
no
no
no
no

NOOOOOOOO!!!

a remake would be an ok idea, but without steve.L, it'll just be another film. either a sequel or let lisberger redesign itwhere to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

words of wisdom from...

PranKsTeR BiT V2.0

Kamui
User

on Thursday, January, 13, 2005 12:14 PM
Lightforce Wrote:Remaking TRON is a very bad thing!

Why do people always have to make old things look newer, like Lucas did with Star Wars? I was completely happy with the original trilogy, but all I can do now is watch the new special edition from dvd. Well, remastering is not the same as full remaking, but anyway. I can't think of TRON without Bruce B...

One of the things that make TRON so special is the way things look, the silk-smooth surfaces of the lightcycles and all the old-fashioned graphics...
I was born in 1983, so I never saw TRON on movies, but somehow I think I should have lived two decades earlier. That's because I like Commodore 64, old PC:s (like 386, Win 95 is the last I can stand, Win XP=aaargh), TRON, Back to the Future, Star Wars IV-VI and all good ol' PC games with vector graphics way much better than new 3D-super accelerated mega-multi-action-shooters and those new cellphones & digital cameras that are the size of a stamp nowadays.

So why bother making old movies again, they're only going to make them look worse. Let's leave the old films at rest, they deserve it! It's even worse if Steven isn't involved, it's like they did with T3, there was no Cameron and the film was bad! T2 is one of the very best movies in history, but T3 is way down low.

Heavy NO to remaking/remastering!

I kinda have to second that. One of the things that's drawn me to Tron was the time frame that it took place. It was interesting to see the old technology in use not only as movie props but in the movie's creation itself. It leaves you in awe as you look back and the look at the present and see how far we came. That charm will be lost if there's a remake done. Even moreso if we had those "Other" guys do it. I DON'T trust them.

~Kamui.EXE

===========================
What should I put here today?
http://mediamaniacgeek.blogspot.com/
TALES OF A MEDIA GEEK

Traahn
User

on Thursday, January, 13, 2005 1:27 PM
OMG, I'm so excited about this! I'd be very sad if Lisberger didn't get to take part in the development of it, but his absence doesn't necessarily mean the Tron world will be done an injustice.

A Tron 2.0 video game was created that re-created Tron-like environments very well. And a Tron 20th Anniversary DVD was made where the menu graphics were very Tron-like. I don't know how much Lisberger was involved in these things, but in my opinion Lisberger and his crew created such a rich, wonderful environment in the original movie that it can be recreated without necessarily using them. Unfortunately, in some respects. The big thing, I feel, is that they need to have people with a love for Tron working on this. (Yes, I just volunteered myself here. Disney: feel free to reach out to me ) hehe

Do I have some reservations about whether or not Tron will be done any justice with this news? Yes. But I'm also very excited at the prospect of certain story holes being filled up and the CGI being cleaned up using today's technology. I just hope they don't make it completely 100% animated. I want live acting coupled with CGI, like the good 'ole days. I also hope it remains a dark movie.

It's interesting they didn't opt for a sequel, but I'm very excited at the prospects of a Tron re-make regardless. I always kind've wished the Tron 2.0 video game was instead a remake of the original film. (I still hope that is done.) But to have a remake of the original movie could be quite cool, indeed.

Cheer up, programs! Tron is getting re-rezzed!!

*Insert Tron theme music by Wendy Carlos here*

order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

I'm getting out of here right now, and you guys are invited. -----^

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Thursday, January, 13, 2005 1:59 PM

As I understand it, Steven was very much involved in the making of Tron 2.0 even though he wasn't really credited for it. I believe he came up with the story for the game. But DT would be able to tell us for sure.

Anyway, like I said in the other thread . . . HORRIBLE NEWS. No Lisberger = bad. Remake = bad.

Disney already proved they didn't understand Tron when they released Killer App. Some of the changes they made to the game were NOT cool. So they will screw up the movie remake as well.

LDSOFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt

MutoidMan
User

on Thursday, January, 13, 2005 2:19 PM
This plain sucks, every bit as badly as the Battlestar Galactica reimagining.

I am completely against a remake; even if Steven were involved I wouldn't be too happy with the idea. Why? Because there is nothing wrong with the original. Come up with an original idea for crying out loud, don't ruin a classic.

TRON needed a sequel, not a remake, and it found it in TRON 2.0, which I believe is a fine sequel. I only wish the idiot game-buying public had bought the game, because then we'd have a TRON 2.0 expansion pack and maybe a even a TRON 3.0 in the works.

Now if I won the lottery, there are two games that should've been made that I would try to get made: a TRON 2.0 expansion pack and Freespace 3 so I could find out what the heck happens. I wouldn't care if they cost $10 million apiece, and I wouldn't bother selling them either, I just want them for me.on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill online

"We are, after all, not God." - Cmdr. J. J. Adams
"C is for cookie. That's good enough for me." - Cookie Monster
"If money is the root of all evil, I'd like to be a bad, bad man." - Huey Lewis & the News

Most recent PC game collection update: 04/12/2012. Check it out!

Re-Rez Ram
User

on Thursday, January, 13, 2005 3:06 PM
Auric Wrote:As I've stated, the news that Steven may not be involved does not sit well with me. How about you?

This does not bode well at all with me. I have no faith in the new guys writing a Tron film. Sure ill probably give it a chance but i will not be hyped about it. I would have rather seen a sequel rather than a freakin remake.

Conduit
User

on Thursday, January, 13, 2005 4:56 PM
Huh? Could someone please post a link to where they heard about this from?

EDIT: Never mind

KiaPurity
User

on Thursday, January, 13, 2005 4:56 PM
My reaction to news: AUGH.

I'm just not very happy about this. I would like the original movie left alone because of the time frame comment as well.

I loved seeing those old computers. What could be a better movie to learn about the old computers that existed at that time? That there were really modems there as well? That it was a period where arcade machines were popular!

A new movie ... I don't think it'll really do anything. I'd rather have a sequel that resumes from where Tron left off with the computers and the programs... not be some newfangled remix.

*sighs*order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pillabortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

Kia: Cool. I'm a infamous mythological perfect User.

atari05
User

on Thursday, January, 13, 2005 4:59 PM
All I have to say is "BOO!"

I saw the original TRON and it was great. A remake is not needed on perfection. They are just going to dank up the story line, get bad actors and in general make me very sad.

On top of that...I want to know what life was like A.M (after MCP).abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

If life was all fun and games, we would be issued a light cycle at birth

Conduit
User

on Thursday, January, 13, 2005 5:15 PM
One thing I'd like to say, chill everyone, they never once said that Lisberger won't be involved.

That said, the news doesn't sit well with me at all. Contemporize it? The story has already been built on with Tron 2.0 (and built on very well), and they're just going to toss it out the window like it never existed. And this is likely going to be a direct to video release. Ugh.where to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

guygg
Sector Admin

on Thursday, January, 13, 2005 6:07 PM
I have no problem with it being a remake, really, if done well. They have the option to allow participation in some form by original people if they wish. What worries me most is that Lisberger (and others) might not have any involvement.

I do think it would be a mistake to completely ignore stuff like the new game's story line, if only to pick up on some of the updating ideas it had.

And, for the record, I was a huge fan of the original Battlestar Galactica. That being said, I absolutely love the new series (I've seen the 11 episodes that have aired in the UK so far). They are radically different shows, but I love both. If this kind of thing happens to Tron, so be it. In fact, if they do remake it, I hope they do take a new approach to it, making it different from the original. That doesn't automatically make it bad.

No matter what happens, I'm going to have a half enthused / half worried anticipation of whatever they make, no matter who is involved. No matter what ends up happening, I'd like to see them make it, if only for curiosity of seeing it.

I seriously doubt a movie like this would end up a straight-to-video release. To do something like Tron at all would require a good amount of production and money no matter how cheaply you do it, and to put a tough production like that straight to video is pretty stupid from a simple business standpoint. I doubt even Disney is that dimwitted.

I would have little belief that this is actually, finally being made if not for the fact that The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy is actually, finally coming out. That proves that ANYTHING can EVENTUALLY happen. ;-)order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pillabortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

MutoidMan
User

on Thursday, January, 13, 2005 6:27 PM
Conduit Wrote:One thing I'd like to say, chill everyone, they never once said that Lisberger won't be involved.

True, but the lack of any mention that Steven Lisberger will have anything to do with the film is enough to make us suspect that he's been cut out of the project altogether, and that's more than enough to tick us off.

Look at the utter crud that is Terminator 3. Why does it stink? Because Cameron had nothing to do with it, that's why. The same thing will happen to TRON without Lisberger.

"We are, after all, not God." - Cmdr. J. J. Adams
"C is for cookie. That's good enough for me." - Cookie Monster
"If money is the root of all evil, I'd like to be a bad, bad man." - Huey Lewis & the News

Most recent PC game collection update: 04/12/2012. Check it out!

Traahn
User

on Thursday, January, 13, 2005 6:34 PM
Yeah, give it a chance already. I'm nervious about the fact that a classic may become tainted with a lame attempt at a remake, but let's give them a chance. I would've probably preferred a sequel or a prequel, just as all of you, but come on... this is TRON! The franchise/license needs to be infused with energy, and this could help do that.

Who knows, maybe they're updating the original so they can release a series (trilogy?) of new TRON films that when viewed one after the other they don't have extremely different film qualities? When you watch the original Star Wars trilogy next to the new ones, for example, there's a huge difference in cinematic quality.

Bringing the original TRON up-to-date may not be such a bad thing, if some sort of trilogy or something is being planned.

Even if a trilogy isn't planned, I'm still okay with a remake. I don't know why, I just am. I think it's just very exciting to get new Tron stuff coming out.

The Count of Monte Cristo has been re-made MANY times. Since even the 1920s. I've only seen the latest one, but I really liked it. There were probably COMC purists from the 1920s who never wanted to see it remade. Alas, it has been... many times. Just because it's being remade doesn't necessarily mean it will suck or that it will ruin our appreciation of the original film.

I think we should give it a chance. Maybe more TRON video games will come along with it's creation, too.

I'm getting out of here right now, and you guys are invited. -----^

KiaPurity
User

on Thursday, January, 13, 2005 6:49 PM
There's a reason why I'm not very confident with this news:

Tron did not do well in box offices in 1982.

It has a cult status and Dave's already mentioned how we got jipped by Disney:

Remember: No PC expansion, lack of adversiting for Tron 2.0 Killer App games as well as not very many copies of the game. (I found only one copy of the gba version at ebgames. I mean, it's little weird that there was only one copy when it was released recently. There might have been people who snapped it up, but wouldn't they have plenty in stock?) ...not to mention: the movie sequel might as well have been scrapped due to the news of the remake. -_-

It's amazing that some of you guys still have hope. As much as I love Tron, I'm just very saddened. However, if Steven is on board, that may help me feel better knowing that the remake might not be so bad after all. I know I shouldn't judge about the remake so early...

Kia: Cool. I'm a infamous mythological perfect User.

Compucore
User

on Thursday, January, 13, 2005 7:11 PM
Kia I would have to agree with you on this here. Personally I am saddened as well that Steve Liseberger is not on board for the remake. It would be even better if he was part of the production of the remake of Tron. Since he was the one who gave use Tron fans here the inspiration of computers what they are and how they were coming into the spot light here way back in 1982. And help helped some of us with a shining guide of a disc brought most of us here into becoming computer programmers, technicians, Database admins, And artists that we have her that enjoy making excellent tron related items here.

I would rather have a new sequel that has ben brought up to todays new technological computers that we hav today, Like the Apple's, IBM and their clones, The SGI workstations, Sun solaris worksations, etc. ANd take it from what we have in todays world and bring foreward into a new idea that are not from what we already have. But thats just me over here.

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

To compute or not to compute that is the question at hand. Tis nobler to compile in C++ or in TASM.

Conduit
User

on Thursday, January, 13, 2005 7:11 PM
MutoidMan Wrote:
Conduit Wrote:One thing I'd like to say, chill everyone, they never once said that Lisberger won't be involved.

True, but the lack of any mention that Steven Lisberger will have anything to do with the film is enough to make us suspect that he's been cut out of the project altogether, and that's more than enough to tick us off.

Look at the utter crud that is Terminator 3. Why does it stink? Because Cameron had nothing to do with it, that's why. The same thing will happen to TRON without Lisberger.

I personally think it would be more newsworthy had Lisberger been cut out of the project than if he hadn't. I wouldn't be surprised if when the Star Wars prequels were announced, there were plently of articles which didn't mention Lucas's involvement.

Page: of 8 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON: LEGACY