TRON: LEGACY 
 What's your take on the Film News?

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments: FirstPrevious Page: of 8 Pages
Compucore
User

Re: What's your take on the Film News?

on Sunday, February, 20, 2005 6:56 PM
Come to think of it. If its a completely new story. of Tron. It would be okay. Meaning that they are not rehashing what we know of th original. But what would be interesting in th new version of Tron. Since its set to the present day. If they could still use some of the old characters as maybe for cameo in the new film. Like Flynn, Alan, Walter, Laura, etc. So that it kind of meshes the old tron fans like us and the next generation of tron fans. And updating the world of Tron since its beginning in 82. But thats just my thoughts. Its good to hear that there was an error in the general media about that too. That they were remaking tron. Since we now know that is happening with Tron. I'll be happy happy joy joy for it.

I just hope that Liseberger wiill be more than a consultant for the sequell Movie. And that Stve and the other writers will be able to get a great sequel out for this.

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

To compute or not to compute that is the question at hand. Tis nobler to compile in C++ or in TASM.

DaveTRON
User

on Sunday, February, 20, 2005 8:03 PM
Elements of the world will be "reimagined" for sure. It can't look like it did in '82.

As for a continuation of the story from 1.0, all I can say is YES, and no. I have only the faintest of intel at this point, but Todd, you are on the wrong train.

DaveTRON

Compucore
User

on Sunday, February, 20, 2005 8:27 PM
Thats okay.I'm just trying to generalize here myself. Since we all here don't have all the information on it. Things will change definately on it. But in general Its okay. I'm sure that the new writers and Liseberger will take plenty of ideas of what we have talked about here to see if they will fit into it or find newer ideas that are better than ours for Tron 2.0 sewquel.

I know your not allowd to discuss it Dave and thats okay. But I'm sure it'll blow all of heads off our necks when it does come out for sure.

DaveTRON Wrote:Elements of the world will be "reimagined" for sure. It can't look like it did in '82.

As for a continuation of the story from 1.0, all I can say is YES, and no. I have only the faintest of intel at this point, but Todd, you are on the wrong train.

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

To compute or not to compute that is the question at hand. Tis nobler to compile in C++ or in TASM.

Kamui
User

on Monday, February, 21, 2005 5:41 PM
So this new Tron-thing, is it like the Animatrix was to The Matrix?

~Kamui.EXE

===========================
What should I put here today?
http://mediamaniacgeek.blogspot.com/
TALES OF A MEDIA GEEK

Compucore
User

on Monday, February, 21, 2005 7:24 PM
I don't know Kamui. I really have no idea. But I think it should personally it'll be like the original of tron about half and half. There might b som newer technics nowadays compared to what Lisberger had used to do the original film of Tron. But thats just me on it. Even if they do use strtictly animation it can still b just as nice.

abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

Traahn
User

on Tuesday, February, 22, 2005 1:06 AM
TheReelTodd wrote:
Having said that, I'll try real hard not to rain on anyone else's excitement about the project.
ROFL, hmmmm... I wonder who you had in mind when you wrote this? ... *Traahn glances around the room...(crickets chirping)*

I'm getting out of here right now, and you guys are invited. -----^

Compucore
User

on Tuesday, February, 22, 2005 7:33 AM
Sparks flying out of my ears underneath my helmet. and mubbling garbled words. Then spurting out the occassional words. Parity error Does not computer.

Traahn Wrote:
TheReelTodd wrote:
Having said that, I'll try real hard not to rain on anyone else's excitement about the project.
ROFL, hmmmm... I wonder who you had in mind when you wrote this? ... *Traahn glances around the room...(crickets chirping)*

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

spiritquest
User

on Tuesday, February, 22, 2005 8:17 AM
spiritquest Wrote:I browsed through a copy of "Hotdog" magazine here in the UK yesterday, and we've got a nice little colour clip in the corner of Jeff Bridges 'in the Computer' with an overlay of 'Jay Maynard' in his Tron suit. They talk about:

a) New sequel script
b) Steven Lisbergers involvemnet (talks with Disney over sequel)
c) the relatively new scriptwriters

I feel like a null at the moment. I got the magazine for Jim and actually read it properly, without "browsing/scanning" it.

It talks about "Remake" not "Sequel" and talks about it being based around being set in the internet .. not a mainframe system. I'll post a transcript of it shortly .. sorry folks.
And it only mentions a reworking of the Steven Lisbergers script. Not that he'll be working with Disney.

Todd ... not good news for you or me

I'll make sure a I spend longer in the shop reading the articles next time before I get infected with another virus and have my memory derezzed again.

I'm off to fit my brain with some new memory modules ...

Ket

spiritquest
User

on Tuesday, February, 22, 2005 9:20 AM
Ok so here is the article courtesy of Hotdog movie magazine available in the UK.

LOST IN CYBERSPACE

Is the long-awaited sequel to Tron finally on the way? Try a remake...

Seems we've finally caught up with Tron : the 1982 movie deemed to have been ahead of its time is now thought to be ripe for a remake. With far more computer graphics than any previous film, and a plot based on the dangers of artificial reality. Tron was a critical and commercial failure for Disney when it first came out. Since then, films like The Matrix have played more successfully with the idea of dangerous computer-generated artificial realities, suggesting that perhaps we're finally ready for Tron.

The new version will update the original plot SO that instead of a computer programmer being sucked
into an isolated computer, he will be trapped In the internet. Disney has hired
scriptwriters Brian Klugman and Lee Sternthal to rework Steven Lisberger's cult classic. The pair are relatively inexperienced writers, but are
also set to pen Warrior, the forthcoming war drama about Boudica, the celebrated military leader of the ancient Britons.
abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

Ket

Kamui
User

on Tuesday, February, 22, 2005 10:46 AM
Compucore Wrote:I don't know Kamui. I really have no idea. But I think it should personally it'll be like the original of tron about half and half. There might b som newer technics nowadays compared to what Lisberger had used to do the original film of Tron. But thats just me on it. Even if they do use strtictly animation it can still b just as nice.

Animatrix = a collection of nine shorts that provided the back story to The Matrix.

While this Tron film may or may not be nine shorts, I believe it might serve the purpose Animatrix did by adding the back story. I mean there's a HUGE time gap between Tron and Tron 2.0. This Tron 1.5 (If I may call it that) is probably the one to describe the back story between those times.

It would probably explain what happened to Yori, why Tron went in to stasis and so forth.....

~Kamui.EXE

===========================
What should I put here today?
http://mediamaniacgeek.blogspot.com/
TALES OF A MEDIA GEEK

MutoidMan
User

on Tuesday, February, 22, 2005 11:38 AM
If Steven Lisberger is involved, then I think there is some hope.

A reimagining -- I really don't like that term -- for the 21st century might not be a bad idea iff they can give the new movie the look that's a cross between TRON and TRON 2.0, and iff they can put together a solid plot, which I hope they look to Steven for. The first plot was solid, but the computer-related concepts were too advanced for most of the audience of the time. That is not the case today.

Pay attention Disney, Paramount gave the writing of ST:Nemesis to a newbie fanboy and he killed the franchise. Don't make the same mistake. Involve Steven Lisberger.

And Disney, if you're really serious, then you need to go to ILM and get the special effects done right.

Hmmm... maybe I will put this in a letter to Disney.

"We are, after all, not God." - Cmdr. J. J. Adams
"C is for cookie. That's good enough for me." - Cookie Monster
"If money is the root of all evil, I'd like to be a bad, bad man." - Huey Lewis & the News

Most recent PC game collection update: 04/12/2012. Check it out!

DaveTRON
User

on Tuesday, February, 22, 2005 12:21 PM
Folks. The Hot Dog article is a rehash of the Variety article that stated this. Considering that my intel comes from Steven via Disney execs and theirs is a rehash of an article Disney says is wrong, who ya gonna believe? order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pill

DaveTRON

spiritquest
User

on Tuesday, February, 22, 2005 12:31 PM
Hey DaveTron

Good of you to liften our spirits.

I think a lot of movie media will rehash the 'official' (confuse everyone) line until they hear otherwise from the heart of the MCP.

Going all the way back to your news posting, its good to know that we will be getting something evolutionary, even if the storyline is not Tron2.0 . As long as it feels like the tron universe has grown into the twenty first century, matured shall we say. I would be very happy.

Keep us in the loop Dave, we appreciate it !

abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

Ket

TheReelTodd
Sector Admin

on Tuesday, February, 22, 2005 6:27 PM
Traahn Wrote:
TheReelTodd wrote:

The statement was a general one, meant toward anyone who is excited and looking forward to the remake.

Of course, you were in mind too. I think of everyone here as friends. I'm trying to be respectful of everyone's opinion and don't want to be a downer about it.

Traahn
User

on Thursday, February, 24, 2005 3:12 AM
Hey, no need to explain. I cracked up when I read that part of your post is all I know you were just looking out for the well-being of all of us; not just me. 'Traahn' just came to mind, considering the conversations we all had about the Tron remake

I'm getting out of here right now, and you guys are invited. -----^

FirstPrevious Page: of 8 Pages
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON: LEGACY 
 What's your take on the Film News?