Forums (I/O Tower)
Forums 
 Other Sectors 
 The Ultimate Designated Sci-Fi Haven...

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments: FirstPrevious Page: of 3 Pages
foilism
User

Re: The Ultimate Designated Sci-Fi Haven...

on Wednesday, March, 19, 2003 4:58 PM
What was the holiday special??

And did anyone see DROIDS -I think it was twinned with the ewoks cartoonwhere to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

TheJediUnit
User

on Wednesday, March, 19, 2003 9:09 PM
Introduced Boba Fett? I was hardly pumped up after seeing it. The likes of Boba Fett hardly required any such attempt at an introduction.

Yea, the Ewok movie was pretty bad. The SW universe could have lived without any of those hype/marketing things. We didn't need Lumpy.

Star Wars' only legitimate incarnation is on the big screen. The books, comics and made-for-TV stuff just saddens the big picture.

But the films, fantastic. The Special Editions were great and the Prequel Trilogy is bringing it all full-circle very nice.

How predictable of a response was that?

*tell us something we don't already know about you, JediUnit*

"Having is not as pleasing a thing as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true."
--Spock

TheJediUnit
User

on Wednesday, March, 19, 2003 9:13 PM
foilism Wrote:What was the holiday special??

And did anyone see DROIDS -I think it was twinned with the ewoks cartoon

You remember droids but not the holiday special? That's unique. It was a made-for-tv special the Christmas following Star Wars' original release, thrown together higgledy-piggledy with a cartoon clip, a sequence of Chewbacca's homelife, and some stars comments on Star Wars that couldn't be less affiliated with sci-fi at all. Heck, Art Carney was on it for Pete's sake. It was a real looser.

I remember Droids, but not well. It was pretty corny too, but 4631.1 times better than the Holiday Special.abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

"Having is not as pleasing a thing as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true."
--Spock

foilism
User

on Thursday, March, 20, 2003 3:12 AM
TheJediUnit Wrote:
You remember droids but not the holiday special? That's unique.

Nah i never saw either of these but i've heard about them a couple times and seen merchandise, what year was it??

curtishart
User

on Thursday, March, 20, 2003 10:20 AM
foilism Wrote:Has anyone ever seen Dune? I saw it recently, and I was very impressed - although it's seriously surreal.

Which one? The David Lynch or the mini series shown on SciFi channel?

Personally, I like the David Lynch version better.

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those that don't.

curtishart
User

on Thursday, March, 20, 2003 1:04 PM

Nah i never saw either of these but i've heard about them a couple times and seen merchandise, what year was it??

The Star Wars Holiday Special was aired in November 1977 on CBS. It was horrible except for the cartoon.order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those that don't.

Nikster
User

on Thursday, March, 20, 2003 1:05 PM
TheJediUnit Wrote:He he he

Uh, 8-track's old? You do realize they were still in common use when Tron came out, don't you?

Yes I do....I used to own the Def Leppard album 'Pyromania' on 8-track :"> I dunno about 'common' tho...I think by then it was getting to the point that 8-tracks were given the same marketing consideration that LP's were given towards the end of their life span ('Yeah..sure...we make them..but don't expect a lot of them....would you like to check out our cassette selection?'). They only reason they ended up staying around as long as they did was the record clubs, they kept making them for members till 87 (Michael Jackson's 'Bad' album being the last one I recall being offered in that format).

Oh and...ummmm.....Tron came out over 20 years ago now...so YES that qualifies as OLD

And before anyose sez anything...I am 33..yes...I am old

hehe..

And now back to our regularly scheduled topic.....

"The flippity on the google loads the Flynn to the disc battles the guy bad. Day wins. Said nuff!" - DaveTRON

Jack Thompson is to attorneys what Fred Phelps is to organized religion - Me

Nikster
User

on Thursday, March, 20, 2003 1:10 PM
TheJediUnit Wrote:Introduced Boba Fett? I was hardly pumped up after seeing it. The likes of Boba Fett hardly required any such attempt at an introduction.

Yea, the Ewok movie was pretty bad. The SW universe could have lived without any of those hype/marketing things. We didn't need Lumpy.

Star Wars' only legitimate incarnation is on the big screen. The books, comics and made-for-TV stuff just saddens the big picture.

But the films, fantastic. The Special Editions were great and the Prequel Trilogy is bringing it all full-circle very nice.

How predictable of a response was that?

*tell us something we don't already know about you, JediUnit*

LOL...hey now! I did not say it was robbed of an Emmy or anything...SHEESH!!! It was a CHEEZEFEST!!! I mean...Happy Life Day?!?!?! The animated part was considered by many ( the 'many' being my friends and I who were talking about it at school) to be the ONE watchable part of the show (not that that's saying much, but hey)

I guess just have this annoying habit of trying to find the positive in stuff (it drives people nuts sometimes )

"The flippity on the google loads the Flynn to the disc battles the guy bad. Day wins. Said nuff!" - DaveTRON

Jack Thompson is to attorneys what Fred Phelps is to organized religion - Me

foilism
User

on Thursday, March, 20, 2003 2:07 PM
curtishart Wrote:
Which one? The David Lynch or the mini series shown on SciFi channel?

Personally, I like the David Lynch version better.

Er... I've only seen the film, although poeple have talked about the Sci-fi channel series on this forum.

TheJediUnit
User

on Thursday, March, 20, 2003 5:19 PM
Curtis,
I've never seen the sci-fi's Dune, but the film I did. I personally didn't care for it too much. It's just not my style I guess. There's not many dark sci-fi that I like, and the Dune film definately qualifies as dark.

Nixter,
"I guess just have this annoying habit of trying to find the positive in stuff (it drives people nuts sometimes)"

Oh, I've NEVER done that myself. Especially not driven anyone one nuts.

*rolls eyes*
he he he

Hey, did anyone ever see the late 90's sci-fi film "The Hidden?" It had the same lead actor as Dune. It wasn't all that bad, back then anyway.

--Spock

FirstPrevious Page: of 3 Pages
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 Other Sectors 
 The Ultimate Designated Sci-Fi Haven...