Forums (I/O Tower)
Forums 
 Other Sectors 
 The Ultimate Designated Sci-Fi Haven...

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments: FirstPrevious Page: of 3 PagesNextLast
TheJediUnit
User

Re: The Ultimate Designated Sci-Fi Haven...

on Monday, March, 10, 2003 4:27 PM
Who remembers that old "Ark II", the old goofy Saturday morning show from the 70's with the hi-tech RV and the talking chimp?

That's as rock bottom as sci-fi gets there.

"Having is not as pleasing a thing as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true."
--Spock

KiaPurity
User

on Tuesday, March, 11, 2003 12:50 AM
Well, the role was that I had to like, stand still and just look scared. I don't remember much else.

Hoo-boy. The sci-fi of 80's was just classic. ^^;

Kia: Cool. I'm a infamous mythological perfect User.

Trace
User

on Tuesday, March, 11, 2003 1:05 AM
Heh, Kia!

I don't remember ArkII, but I remember Star Blazers! Good ol' Derek Wildstar. I always liked his buddy best...what was his name?

Nikster
User

on Tuesday, March, 11, 2003 1:45 AM
I don't remember ArkII either.....must not have been that great. I remember Land Of The Lost and Electra Woman and Dyna Girl tho

"The flippity on the google loads the Flynn to the disc battles the guy bad. Day wins. Said nuff!" - DaveTRON

Jack Thompson is to attorneys what Fred Phelps is to organized religion - Me

TheJediUnit
User

on Tuesday, March, 11, 2003 11:09 AM
OMG I loved Electra Woman 'n Dyna-Girl!!

That theme song had me struttin' my funky stuff every time and for a 9 year old with a mouthful of Cheerios and Star Trek PJ's I did pretty darned good too.

...or was that just last week? Hm, can't remember.

"Having is not as pleasing a thing as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true."
--Spock

TheJediUnit
User

on Thursday, March, 13, 2003 7:01 PM
... I think I scare more users away from decent threads than any other poster. This time it was an apparently unfavorable image. Trust me, I was cuter than you imagined it.

*erases mental picture from funked-out posters*

Okay, let's get back to Sci-Fi...

--Spock

Trace
User

on Thursday, March, 13, 2003 7:35 PM
Nah, you're too hard on yourself, Jedi unit. We're just all mellow posters

Venture! That was the name of Wildstar's buddy! Now...if I can just remember his first name...

Sketch
Sector Admin

on Thursday, March, 13, 2003 7:51 PM
LOL!
Nah JediUnit it'll take more than that to scare us away.
where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

https://www.flickr.com/photos/blue_bezel/

TheJediUnit
User

on Thursday, March, 13, 2003 10:52 PM
he he he

Hey, had to Google up some EW&DG stuff. Check it out...

http://web.utk.edu/~lyle/ewdg/

Go to the movie page and get the opening sequence then crank up the speakers baby! It's impossible to hold still!

*James Brown-esque spin* "Jump back HEY ow!"

Oh, and even a 9 year old boy with insufficient sleep and wired on sugar smacks can spot when a Dynagirl got back. Uh huh, you know it.

Oh, and notice the original SUGAR smacks and not the modernized parent-friendly HONEY smacks of today.

Speakin' of Honey and Sugar... Electra Woman can fill that spandex in a good way too.

--Spock

Nikster
User

on Friday, March, 14, 2003 12:48 PM
That was jamtastic

Cool site...it really brings back memories

Sid and Marty Kroft were the shiznit back in the day. Nowadays they're stuck making N*Sync puppets where to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill onlineabortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

"The flippity on the google loads the Flynn to the disc battles the guy bad. Day wins. Said nuff!" - DaveTRON

TheJediUnit
User

on Saturday, March, 15, 2003 11:12 PM
Marty Croft stuff back then was freakin' creepy and twisted. I mean, when you're a kid you nearly feel it's your duty to have to watch them, but all the while you're thinking "my GOD this is wierd!" That one, what's it called, Hatsville or something, I STILL could have nighmares from it! That green guy flying around in the flattened tophat is an image forever burned on my psyche as the epitome of "freakin' weird."

--Spock

IsoLine
User

on Sunday, March, 16, 2003 3:38 AM
Well Jedi, you could always go here....

http://us.imdb.com/Name?Henn,%20Carrie

This is where I find out what my fave movie peoples are up to.

Anywho, Carrie Henn is who played Newt, apparently she only did Aliens and suplemental programming related to the movie. She probably got fed up with the repetitive nature of moviemaking and decided it wasn't for her. Most of the child actors I know that left "the business" do so for this reason primarily.

Oh, and I remember Ark II. Not my favorite of the Filmation live action shows but I remember it. Roving all across the land in the big white "mega-rV" thing. Reminded me alot of Zelazny's Damnation Alley movie, only the "Landmaster" vehicles were designed alot better. Dean Jeffries was a true master at custom vehicle fabrication. Do you remember Space Academy or Jason of Star Command?

"Word to the Motherboard!" - IsoLine

TheJediUnit
User

on Monday, March, 17, 2003 12:20 PM
I'm not sure. I'd have to search for some images to remind myself. I'm sure I know them.order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

--Spock

TheJediUnit
User

on Monday, March, 17, 2003 12:25 PM
I did a search. Yea, I kinda remember them, just barely. One was a spinoff of the other. They look kinda like Space 1999. I dug that show when I was a kid. Corny as it gets though. I had the Eagle toy plus the command center and the three figures.

I'm the biggest Sci-Fi nerd there is.

--Spock

Nikster
User

on Tuesday, March, 18, 2003 8:33 AM
When I was a tiny-tot, my dad let me join the Ertl toys Space 1999 club

I don't remember many of the details, but with my membership I got a huge (to me, anyway) Space 1999 poster for my wall and (I think - it's been a while) a blueprint/diagram of their HQ.

TheJediUnit
User

on Tuesday, March, 18, 2003 9:20 AM
Cool.

I'd have been happy with the soundtrack on 8-Track. Play it back-to-back with Electra Woman's themesong and you've got yourself the new JediUnit's disco-fied workout!

Baw-chicky-baw-baw!!

--Spock

Nikster
User

on Tuesday, March, 18, 2003 9:34 AM
TheJediUnit Wrote:Cool.

I'd have been happy with the soundtrack on 8-Track. Play it back-to-back with Electra Woman's themesong and you've got yourself the new JediUnit's disco-fied workout!

Baw-chicky-baw-baw!!

That sounds like somthing ya might find on KaZaa

8-tracks.......wow....those are OLD

TheJediUnit
User

on Tuesday, March, 18, 2003 9:41 AM
He he he

Uh, 8-track's old? You do realize they were still in common use when Tron came out, don't you?

Hey, I guess it's obviously up to me to slip some Star Wars into this thread.

My grade...

TPM: 7
AOTC: 9

ANH: 9
ESB: 10
ROTJ: 9

The Holiday Special: zero squared

What ya'll think?

--Spock

Nikster
User

on Tuesday, March, 18, 2003 9:46 AM
Ummm....the Holiday Special DID introduce Boba Fett...so it was not a TOTAL waste.

Of course it also featured Jefforson Starship and Bea Arthur

Nikster
User

on Tuesday, March, 18, 2003 9:47 AM
You forgot to grade the Ewoks TV movie *hehe*order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pillabortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

FirstPrevious Page: of 3 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 Other Sectors 
 The Ultimate Designated Sci-Fi Haven...