Other Sectors 
 The Ultimate Designated Sci-Fi Haven...

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 3 PagesNextLast
TheJediUnit
User

on Tuesday, March, 04, 2003 9:27 PM
Okay, this thread is specially formulated for the discussion of classic Sci-Fi, current Sci-Fi, and Sci-Fi coming soon to a theater near you. It's flexible size accomidates every medium, from T.V. to theater to books. It neatly accomidates both praises and critisizms.

So please, don't be shy. Step right up and use this shrine to it's fullest.

Tron comes from a long, rich and diverse history of Sci-Fi history that's ever growing and fullfilling. Let's celebrate all of Tron's brothers and sisters in the great family known as...

Science Fiction!

*hands everyone their tickets and opens the gates*

"Having is not as pleasing a thing as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true."
--Spock

TheJediUnit
User

Re: The Ultimate Designated Sci-Fi Haven...

on Tuesday, March, 04, 2003 9:29 PM
I'll begin with saying, I can't freakin' wait to see Terminator 3, Rise of the Machines.

How 'bout you guys 'n gals?abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

"Having is not as pleasing a thing as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true."
--Spock

Sketch
Sector Admin

on Tuesday, March, 04, 2003 11:30 PM
Have you been to the offical site Jedi?

http://www.terminator3.com/

You can see the trailer there.
abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

https://www.flickr.com/photos/blue_bezel/

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Wednesday, March, 05, 2003 1:11 AM

TheJediUnit Wrote:I'll begin with saying, I can't freakin' wait to see Terminator 3, Rise of the Machines.

How 'bout you guys 'n gals?

Same here. I wish it was July already. That way I could watch T3, and would only be a month away from release.

In the meantime, I visit www.terminator3.com often, and post messages there frequently.

order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

LDSOFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt

TheJediUnit
User

on Wednesday, March, 05, 2003 9:23 AM
I haven't been there lately. I guess it's time to check back.

Excluding Tron, what's some other sci-fi favorites of everyone?

--Spock

Esotek
Sector Admin

on Wednesday, March, 05, 2003 9:28 AM
TheJediUnit Wrote:I haven't been there lately. I guess it's time to check back.

Excluding Tron, what's some other sci-fi favorites of everyone?

Blade Runner & THX1138.
where to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill onlineabortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

TheJediUnit
User

on Wednesday, March, 05, 2003 1:19 PM
You know, I've never seen THX1138.

--Spock

Sketch
Sector Admin

on Wednesday, March, 05, 2003 1:51 PM
I always loved Back to the Future 1,2&3.
3's my favorite cause they go to the future.
I still want a hoverbord!

I still haven't seen all of Bladerunner. Been meaing to get the DVD. I've seen bits and pices of it. Love the cityscapes and vehicles.

Ghostbusters! I loved this movie. It was funny, entertaining and had an awsome concept. "He's an ugly little spud isn't he?" "Ray, I think it can hear you. AHHHHHH!"

John Carpenters THE THING. Man, I just love this movie. Gore and guts were so well done in this movie. Animatronics were excellent too.

Total Recall. Great movie. Love the futurisic world it presented and how it leaves you thinking at the end.
Is it a dream or is it real?order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pillwhere to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

https://www.flickr.com/photos/blue_bezel/

Sapaca
User

on Wednesday, March, 05, 2003 2:18 PM
The Matrix Reloaded!!! The Matrix is my favorite movie, and I'm just dying for the sequal.

Then I'm waiting the Matrix Revolutions? (Can't remember the name offhand.) and Star Wars Episode 3.

foilism
User

No Title

on Wednesday, March, 05, 2003 2:24 PM
Has anyone ever seen Dune? I saw it recently, and I was very impressed - although it's seriously surreal.

I'd really love to see balderunner some time soon, I hear the city effects are great.

I really loved Judge Dredd, some of the cotyscapes in that were squeaky clean - brillo on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill onlineorder abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

Trace
User

on Wednesday, March, 05, 2003 2:53 PM
I own THX-1138. Trippy little flick.

I saw Dune recently on TV--thought it was a bit melodramatic, but visually pretty cool. I think the SciFi channel is starting a series called "Children of Dune" pretty soon.where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

Esotek
Sector Admin

on Wednesday, March, 05, 2003 2:54 PM
TheJediUnit Wrote:You know, I've never seen THX1138.

You either like THX or hate it. Its very slow paced and it bores alot of people. I think the entire soundtrack (Walter Murch) and dialogue is a masterpiece, pure genius. It's not for everyone. It looks like it could be a Kraftwerk or Laibach video. Lots of retro sounds and images of old terminals and such.

I actually have, on DVD, the original student film George made before THX was made. It is called Electronic Labyrinth and is what THX is created from. It is about 15 mins long. Pretty cool.

KiaPurity
User

on Wednesday, March, 05, 2003 4:21 PM
Heh. I can't think of any offhand... but, Blade Runner is pretty cool. I found the director's cut tape somewhere in my house (think it's my father's tape). I enjoyed the movie and the effects in it.

Kia: Cool. I'm a infamous mythological perfect User.

TheJediUnit
User

on Wednesday, March, 05, 2003 4:26 PM
Yea, I kinda presumed that THX was that sorta one of those love it or hate it things since pretty much all sci-fi is like that if you think about it. I guess I'll get 'round to seeing it someday.

I've always dug the heck outta 2001 A Space Odyessy. VERY compelling understory, themes and message. Masterpiece of special effects. Came out within the month of when I was born. Loving it was my desssssstiny.order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pillwhere to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

--Spock

TheJediUnit
User

on Wednesday, March, 05, 2003 4:32 PM
I found both Dune and Bladerunner similar in the same respects that they are both very stimulating in their dark imagery and vision, but were a bit weak in the plot and message and both's ending were kinda flat. But, when they're on T.V., I'll stop 'n watch 'em, that's for sure.

--Spock

IsoLine
User

on Wednesday, March, 05, 2003 5:25 PM
TheJediUnit Wrote:I found both Dune and Bladerunner similar in the same respects that they are both very stimulating in their dark imagery and vision, but were a bit weak in the plot and message and both's ending were kinda flat. But, when they're on T.V., I'll stop 'n watch 'em, that's for sure.

Agreed, I will say however I tend to nitpick more on films based off of PKD stories than I do the ones based off of Frank Herberts. Blade Runner, while an excellent film, was not as emotional as the book, and left out some interesting concepts that I would like to see in a film version. Dune, seemed to get alot of what it was out the first time, and the second time (SciFi Mini) it only enhanced the flavour of the story to the point of showing us how much more broader an epic it really is. Though I am not happy with some of the casting in the upcoming SciFi sequel (Children of Dune) I plan on watching it with bated breath. THX I thought was a pretty cool little scifi. Lucas' original made very little sense to me so having a fuller story with the Duvall classic was nice. Its one of the few 70's era SciFi gems with originality in its framework.

As for upcoming films.... I am all about the Matrix sequels and especially the Animatrix. I'm all over it. And I think Tron is going to come back too with a vengence. With the game coming out, hopefully a film and other stuff will follow.
order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

"Word to the Motherboard!" - IsoLine

Esotek
Sector Admin

on Wednesday, March, 05, 2003 5:49 PM
TheJediUnit Wrote:I found both Dune and Bladerunner similar in the same respects that they are both very stimulating in their dark imagery and vision, but were a bit weak in the plot and message and both's ending were kinda flat. But, when they're on T.V., I'll stop 'n watch 'em, that's for sure.

I think the Blade Runner story is great. I actually prefer the movie over the book. I also prefered the director's cut because of the exclusion of the narration.

Dune on it's own it was ok I guess. If we compare it to the book I don't think its that good. I do think Lynch did a good job with the camera work and costumes even though that wasn't very book-like. Still, I loved the look. I don't like the lead actor as Paul either. That was a big problem for me. That and I thought the soundtrack was aweful. I do have a 3+ hour double VHS I picked up at a sci-fi show many years ago. It is taped from a Japanese Laserdisc version that has alot of cut scenes. It was kind of cool to see that extra footage but its still not one of my favorites.

TheJediUnit
User

on Wednesday, March, 05, 2003 7:23 PM
Hm, cool points of view.

What do we think about the Alien legacy?

Here's my ratings...

Alien: 7
Aliens: 10
Alien 3: 2
Alien Resurrection: 3

Man, if Aliens isn't inspiration enough to be careful making sequels, I dunno what is.on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill online

--Spock

KiaPurity
User

on Wednesday, March, 05, 2003 8:56 PM
Alien movies bothered me, but my sister loved Aliens. She even had the game for the c64.
She made me act out the scenes from the movie with her. #_#; I had to be Newt...

Kia: Cool. I'm a infamous mythological perfect User.

TheJediUnit
User

on Wednesday, March, 05, 2003 9:00 PM
he he he

what did the role of Newt demand of you? Letting her clean you off and scream non-stop?

That poor kid.

I wonder what she looks like now or if she still makes movies. She's gotta be like in her twenties now. Dang.

You know, I got the director's edition DVD of Aliens (ain't botherin' with the others) and it rocked. It had whole themes surgically removed to cut for time, namely those awesome century guns. They must have decided to trim off their longer scenes so the ended up having to delete all references to them and in some cases that was merely mentioning them. And the scene with the entire crew running that station and Newt's parents was really neat, but I guess when you have to trim it you have to trim it. Thank God for DVD because since we don't care if we sit longer when at home instead of the theater we can now get every precious drop of these films.on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill onlineorder abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pillwhere to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

--Spock

Page: of 3 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 Other Sectors