New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
tron85
User

Tron: Identity

on Saturday, September, 17, 2022 10:10 AM
A new Tron game.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2109430/Tron_Identity/

I hope that there will be some classic designs (and music) in it. I just prefer it to the Tron: Legacy look.

//also: Greetings, programs! Haven't been here for a while, hope you're all doing fine!

Boxleitnerfan1689
User

RE: Tron: Identity

on Tuesday, September, 20, 2022 3:53 PM
Oooh, looks good!

Traahn
User

on Wednesday, September, 21, 2022 2:11 AM
Darn. Someday, I hope we get another single-player immersive Tron world campaign to roam about in, like Tron 2.0, only better.

The last few games have been the antithesis of what I want. When I think "Tron", I don't think of arcade-y "mindless parkour wall runs", "static puzzle/conversation games", and "straight-forward lightcycle rides to read placards showing Tron factoids."

Tron games can't get any more 'mobile', 'simplistic', or 'web-browser powered' than they already have been the past 15+ years, and it's too bad.

The Tron franchise and setting just continues to go to waste, imo. Tron 2.0 came out almost 20 years ago! And that was the last worthwhile Tron game. A Tron game using current techs could be amazing.

I wouldn't be surprised if the next Tron video games after this one will be a Tron card game, a Tron costume dress-up game, and "TronVille" inspired by FarmVille.

I agree, tron85, that it'd be nice to embrace the 1982 style more than the latest aesthetic. Might never happen, though, considering the franchise's trajectory

I'm getting out of here right now, and you guys are invited. -----^

RenegadeProgram
User

on Wednesday, September, 28, 2022 12:44 PM
@Traahn

Agreed.  If they connect Flynn's private server (the one in Legacy) to the ENCOM server, I bet the look will be a mix of the '82 aesthetic and the Tron system aesthetic. I read it takes place 1000 (digital) years after the events of Legacy in the private server. 

Fighting for TRON, The USERS, Both Flynns, Independents, and the mighty ISOs since '82.

Traahn
User

on Sunday, October, 02, 2022 10:10 PM
RenegadeProgram Wrote:@Traahn

Agreed.  If they connect Flynn's private server (the one in Legacy) to the ENCOM server, I bet the look will be a mix of the '82 aesthetic and the Tron system aesthetic. I read it takes place 1000 (digital) years after the events of Legacy in the private server. 
That'd be nice. At least a 50/50 mix, but even quite a bit more toward would be my preference

Ha, funny you should mention reading the calculation of the time that passed. A time calculation was actually on one of the factoid signs in the browser-based Tron lightcycle 'game' that came out leading up to Tron Legacy's launch And the time calculation on that sign was either wrong, incomplete, or inconsistent with time calculation statements made elsewhere by Disney and/or the ARG media. It's been so long I can't remember the specifics, but I'm pretty sure it was wrong on that sign

---
EDIT:

Yeah, found one of my old posts, but looks like I deleted my analyses and screenshots (on purpose). All that is left are these bits of info where I was quoting various sources. Of course, none of the links work anymore since it is 12 years later (almost to the day!):

"While 28 years have passed in the real world, over 1000 years have passed in the TRON one."

Source:
Tron: The Official Site (Codex) - http://disney.go.com/tron/html/codex/tron-universe.html

"For every Gregorian Year that passes in the real world, 50 TC (Tron Cycles) have passed on the Grid."

Source:
Tron - The Official Site (Lightcycle Game): http://disney.go.com/tron/index_flash.html

"...(W)hen we quantify electrical impulses, those speeds are over 1,000 greater - so, if life could exist in a purely digital form, that organism would experience 1,000 years for every one year of our time on earth. When I work on my special project, it's as if time stands still in the "real world." Sam's grandparents can sit with him while I toil for what seems like a week, but when I return, they barely notice I've gone."

Source:
time.theory.compare.notes at http://www.helloflynn.com/

Essentially, when combined with all the info available at the time, and other observations/posts from others, it was just deemed that the info regarding exact Tron time was inconsistent, at best.

PS: I'm not looking to inspire new conversations about all this, but just mentioning some things about known time inconsistencies since the topic of Tron time came up

At least one of the old threads - http://tron-sector.com/forums/default.aspx?a=top&id=388222&pg=1

I'm getting out of here right now, and you guys are invited. -----^

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  General Discussion 
 Tron: Identity