Other Sectors 
 Favorite 80s arcade games?

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
MCPcomputer
User

on Wednesday, June, 22, 2016 11:08 AM

So guys what are some of your favorite 80s arcade games?
Some of mine are Pac Man, Asteriods, Pliedias, Donkey Kong just to name a few!

Tell me some of your fav arcades! I will be going to the arcades soon, and I want to try them all!

"I want him in the games until he dies playing" -MCP
The Grid a Physical Frontier funny Tron Videohttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaMViP_QtZ8

Nar78
User

RE: Favorite 80s arcade games?

on Thursday, August, 18, 2016 7:20 AM
I have to take a stab at this. I have recently been drawn to Ms Pac-Man and Galaga. lol
They may not have the fancy graphics and sounds of modern games, but these classics have the stuff that really challenges your reflexes and it's addicting! 
I'd like to try Donkey Kong again. It's been  over  20 years, since I've last dropped a quarter in that machine.

"So, nice-looking ship you got here ."

MCPcomputer
User

on Friday, August, 19, 2016 11:05 PM

Ms Pac Man and Galaga are great!

Yeah Donkey Kong is also a real classic, I do love it!

The Grid a Physical Frontier funny Tron Videohttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaMViP_QtZ8

Auric
Sector Creator

on Sunday, August, 21, 2016 10:01 AM
I have a long list of favorites...

Dave "Auric" Hernly
Sector Administrator

Nar78
User

on Monday, August, 22, 2016 12:47 PM
Whoa, sweet!   Is this your place? (putting your name together with the clip)

"So, nice-looking ship you got here ."

EXODUS
User

on Friday, August, 26, 2016 8:23 AM
Being a child of the 80's I remember some great arcade games from the time.

Growing up in the 80's I remember:

* Asteroids.
* Space Invaders(I use to have a version of Space Invaders on my old cellphone  ). .
* Pac-man (again, this was another game I use to have on the same cellphone, complete with original game music!).
* Star Wars (you fly an X-Wing attacking the Death Star, I think).
* Space Harrier.
* Outrun (one of my favourites).
* And in the late 80's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (which I think was a beat-em-up).

Whilst thinking up titles for this I suddenly remembered there use to be a game where you flew a fighter plane and shot enemy planes, but I couldn't remember what it was. :-/

Then I suddenly remembered it was called Afterburner!

Also, wasn't there an Indiana Jones game, where you ride a mine cart through tunnels (like in Temple of Doom)avoiding obstacles/attacks by enemies? Or was that just my imagination?

There was only one game I just couldn't get the hang of and that was Return of the Jedi. From what I can remember it takes place on Endor, and you control Luke/Leia riding a Speederbike through the woods.

I hated that game because it was just so DIFFICULT! It was 'viewed' at such an awkward third-person angle it was almost unplayable to me.
You race along the 'track' avoiding obstacles/enemies, but for me the angle of gameplay means you couldn't really see them in time, so if your like me you'd inevitably end up crashing into something usually within SECONDS of starting!

MCPcomputer
User

on Friday, September, 23, 2016 2:05 AM
Auric Wrote:I have a long list of favorites...

Wow radical man! Do you live in your arcade? You are living the dream of living in Flynn's arcade!
And you are the sector creator? Nice to meet you!

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 Other Sectors