General Discussion 
 The TRON Theory

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 2 PagesNextLast
KingJ.exe
User

The TRON Theory

on Tuesday, July, 23, 2013 10:20 PM
Now, Koz has said that at least in his headspace, TRON 2.0 is resigned to the world of non-canon. E.G., alternate universe with no connection to Legacy. This includes "Ghost in the Machine", which was pretty darn cool, in my opinon.

Personally, I think everything can all fit together fine, with minor tweaks and connecting dialouge. And I shall explain it all, with dates.

1982: TRON happens. Alan and Lora get married, Jethro Bradley is born, and Kevin Flynn rockets up to be the president of ENCOM.

1983-1989: TRON: Betrayal. During this time period, Flynn gets married, Sam is born, and Kevin starts to develop the Tron System. Also, the events of TRON: Evolution Battle Grids happens, in which the player character, (which is actually Jalen from TRON: Evolution) becomes the first ISO champion of the Grid.

ENCOM is still experimenting with digitization, but since the MCP was destroyed, they lost correction algorithms that made sure things digitized properly. Since Kevin was in the MCP beam as it exploded, these algorithms were placed in his DNA, in his code. Thus, things work fine whenever he tries to digitize, or when he's in the system, thus why his Disk was the master key in Legacy. However, in the 80s, it's all but impossible to extract anything meaningful from DNA. So ENCOM had to recreate it from scratch. During this time, Lora gets a job offer from Washington, which she takes (TRON: Betrayal). However, she was essential to the project, so she continues to work on it via correspondence.

Flynn retires from ENCOM to spend more time with Sam and work on the System, and ENCOM for a time goes to the control of Walter Gibbs Jr., the largest shareholder at the time. Alan didn't step in until later. 1989, TRON: Evolution, Flynn disappears into the Grid. Jalen was converted into a virus, that was eventually defeated by Anon.

1989-2003: First, 1991, Flynn is assumed dead, and ENCOM stops searching for him (TRON: The Next Day news clippings). During this time between then and 2003, Alan and Lora continued to work on the correction algorithms long-distance, resulting in Ma1a. However, it was imperfect, so Lora came back from Washington to work on it in person. In a digitization accident, she is fragmentally digitized into the system. Fragments of her data are used in Ma2a and Ma3a, Alan's way of trying to keep her alive. The correction algorithms were perfected in Ma3a.

During this time, Edward Dillinger Sr. made an attack on the ENCOM systems. Tron (a copy that Flynn left on the system) and a Light Cycle bot named Mercury repulsed this attack, and Dillinger realized he needed to attack ENCOM a different way. (TRON 2.0 Killer App (GBA))

Sometime after this, technology moved on, and the TRON program on the ENCOM systems was retired and put into storage.

Now, without Flynn's visionary leadership, ENCOM begins to flounder. Gibbs Jr. just didn't have the passion that his father did, leaving the company open to corporate takeover by F-CON, a front organization for Dillinger Systems (TRON: The Next Day, watch the news clippings for reference to them. Wanted to fit that in).

During this time, the events of TRON: Uprising are taking place on the Grid. Tron escapes CLU, and begins to train Beck. The revolution culminates in Tron's loss to CLU as Rinzler, fragmenting the rebellion, hence Bartik's desire to have Zeus unite the factions.

2003: TRON 2.0 happens. Jet Bradley and Alan digitize into the system, and uncover F-CON's real reason for buying ENCOM, and defeat them from the inside.

2003-2010: F-CON, under various legal and financial woes from their failed plot, falls. Dillinger Systems behind it? No one knows. No one even knew that they were involved. The stock goes back on the market, and using funds that Kevin left behind, Alan buys them in Sam's name. Sam probably began acting out about this time, making his at least yearly prank on the company.

Now, Jet and Alan have seen the system from the inside. They realize, that there may be a way to compile a program complex enough to realize (the opposite of digitize) into a human being.  Programs that they previously tried to realize didn't work out well, in one way or another, due to their simplicity. So when reinstalling the system after F-CON, they come across a backup of Jet, which they compile into three packets, causing the events of TRON: 2.0: Ghost in the Machine.

At the end of it, Jet.exe (The backup Jet that they found) decides to remain in the system, but the concept was proven. They had successfully compiled a program complex enough to realize into a human. Using what they learned from Jet.exe, they were able to save Lora and realize her, bringing her "back to life", essentially. I'm sure the paperwork to figure that out was horrendous.

The Flynn Lives movement is picking up steam, giving us the ARG, with all it's real world events, including the press conference where Lora shows up, culmunating in the page that Alan gets.

2010: TRON: Legacy. Alan, recieving the page from the disconnected line at the arcade, and knowing what he knew from 2.0, he begins to put the pieces together, but he figured that Sam should be the one to investigate. Thus, Sam investigates the arcade, and Legacy.

2010-????: TR3N? TR4N? What does the future hold? I dunno, but I'll update this if we get a new installment!

Feel free to pick at it, give me discrepancies, etc. I welcome criticism.

Watch me stream TRON 2.0 on my YouTube channel!
https://gaming.youtube.com/channel/UCvvT-h8JK4w1xgKavs35WHg/live

Find the archive here:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLf9ZcCtZm_CjonNAjms4wKN-p6UuiCMgZ

J
User

RE: The TRON Theory

on Thursday, July, 25, 2013 4:56 PM
Piggybacking 2.0 and Legacy canons is VERY easy, actually. The only hiccup? Lora has been established as very much alive in the Legacy canon per the Flynn Lives ARG. (More on that in a bit.)

It helps immensely that Ghost in the machine mentions Flynn apparently went nuts and vanished. It also helps that several emails mention Tron went missing (and is nowhere to be found in 2.0's material), with I-No only offering the tantalizing bit that he "disappeared" shortly after defeating Master Control, with no one in any system knowing what his fate was. Add in the emails on Alan's PC implying that Flynn had a hand in the disappearance....

The correction algorithms of 2.0 could also explain a few things about Flynn's baffling behavior and his apparently horrible treatment of his friends. Say the MCP crashed, taking the digitization protocols with him in a final act of spite. Encom has to rebuild it from square one. However, as Master Control decided to send Flynn to cyberspace, it means that Flynn's pattern was already stored. But without those algorithms? Well, he was the only one who could make that trip safely. Anyone else who tried would end up like Thorne or worse. Misplaced nobility, an unwillingness to harm his friends, and an ego the size of Texas kept Flynn's beak shut, and allowed one of those lasers to "vanish" to his arcade's basement. He was working on those algorithms from the inside. The Grid wasn't just a oversized game, it was an attempt to find ways to bridge the worlds. The Isos just threw an even bigger monkey wrench into things because they seem to be something half-organic and half-digital. Flynn cracks the algorithms with the help of the Isos, but things aren't going so well, Clu decides he's better off in charge, and makes a "now or never" strike to keep the Grid for himself, and try and use those algorithms as a way out.

Now, I come to a dreadful idea...What if Mr. Perfection had some help that Flynn didn't know about? F-Con's CEO is never seen. He speaks through a PA system and uses a remote control camera. Now, Monolith implied that CEO to be Dillinger Sr. However, "The Next Day" throws an infinitely more interesting possibility on the table. Future Control Industries may be the first company run by an AI. (Crown would be the most likely to know. Popoff's a 50-50 shot of knowing. Baza...probably not). And if it IS Master Control 2.0? Well, wouldn't that just be dramatic irony? He gets to finish what he wanted to do in that basement lab; trap that annoying smartass in cyberspace, break him, and then finish him off. There's a bit in Legacy where Sam goes down to the basement; the keys in the lock are shiny and new, not covered with 20 years of corrosion; someone else has been there.
So, Flynn vanishes. Encom is thrown to chaos. Alan's holding the line best he can, but things are falling apart on every front. And he starts some work in secret; not just the Flynn Lives stuff with his double life as ISOLasted Thinker, but ramping up the Math Assistant AI project. This would be the primary reason things are so horribly strained with Jet in this timeline. Keeping all those fires put out? A double life? Ground breaking computer science work? Sam acting out and being a handful? Well, it would be WAY too easy for Jet to become lost in the shuffle, a non-emergency priority that gets attention (and affection) only when there's not some immediate fire to put out (which is rare at best). Jet isn't Sam; he is perfectly capable of acting out and causing trouble, but not on the regular basis, and not to the same extent. That hacking the server arrest was probably a not-very-productive way to try and get his dad's attention. Alan is ostensibly doing all this to carry on for a fallen friend, and so Jet and Sam have a future. That's why he pushes Sam to take over the company and tried to pull strings to get Jet into a higher position than game design. (Relations between them are almost as rocky as things between Tron and Beck...but that's a scary-ass plot bunny.)

So where's Lora in this equation? Well, she's alive in Legacy canon, so we can't go with a strict interpretation of 2.0, which killed her off. (Ms. Morgan rather objected to that, anyway) The last we saw her was in Betrayal, headed for DC, and in the Flynn Lives ARG which established that she's still there and that the Bradleys are somehow making a 30-year bi-coastal marriage work. (Good on them, really. Sorry, slashers!) Say that Encom ditched the laser project for being too expensive and time consuming to bother rebuilding, but somewhere like the DoD or NASA would be highly interested in that kind of stuff. They bribe her out there for what's supposed to be a few month contract...and it keeps getting pushed back. This is her life's work. She wants to see it through, but it's pretty much cost her seeing much of Alan or Jet.

Keep the lab accident where she was "partly digitized," but downgrade from fatality to injury. Up to the author if it looks like she recovered or if she still has lingering health issues from it (I take the latter). But part of her was left behind and that part was eventually compiled into Ma3a, making her something more like a light-sided Clu. No one's really aware of this, though Alan may suspect that Ma3a is a lot more than she seems.

Push the timeline for 2.0 up a little bit; set it a few months before Legacy instead of 2003. Mackey wants his golden parachute and one-way ticket to the Caymans. The rest of the board isn't invested in the company, aside from making the next quick buck. They forced Roy out. they gave Alan a token title, a token budget, and busywork, trying to get him to take the hint. Alan's too damn stubborn to give them what they want, and keeps giving them the subtle middle finger by working on his AI research (which makes Mackey's eyes glaze over - too many big words that don't involve stock prices). Board's split on the sale to F-Con, with half wanting their golden parachute and the other half smelling a rat. Junior refuses to cast a vote either way. So, F-Con tried to force the issue by kidnapping Alan, part to intimidate him into approving the deal, part to get what they really want - the digitizer tech. They just were not expecting Ma3a to kidnap Jet and turn him into a walking spanner into the works.

2.0 plays out. There are still a fair amount of Wraiths that were probably trapped in the system by the server crash. F-Con probably nuked and paved over their data before shooting the three big shots in, and they're still on a hard drive somewhere. Alan cuts Master Control 2.0 off in mid-threat, and successfully convinces Jet to keep his beak shut; at least until after Sam pulls the annual prank. ("If he hears about this, that all those stories his father told were true? Do you want him breaking into Ma3a's laser lab, zapping himself in, and getting himself killed?")

Few months later, annual check-in goes through and Sam is releasing Encom OS12 to the Internet, not getting himself shot to 1s and 0s. Mischief managed, aside from that pager going off. Alan goes over, trying to talk Sam into coming with him, but it looks like Sam's not going to bite. But Alan leaves, Sam goes over anyway. Events of Legacy happen. I figured Alan was going to head to the arcade on his own, but he stopped to make some phone calls and send some emails to appropriate parties first, meaning he was delayed in getting there. Due to the time distortion, the whole thing played out by the time it took him to make those calls and emails. abortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

It's an entire universe in there, one we created, but it's beyond us now. Really. It's outgrown us. You know, every time you shut off your computer...do you know what you're doing? Have you ever reformatted a hard drive? Deleted old software? Destroyed an entire universe?"

-- Jet Bradley, Tron: Ghost in the Machine on why being a User isn't necessarily a good thing.

J
User

The TRON Theory - leftover strings

on Thursday, July, 25, 2013 5:30 PM
Now, some leftover questions and nasty thoughts for a 2.0/Legacy scenario:

1) Tron (or Tronzler) is absolutely screwed if the DataWraiths show up. They're digitized Users, meaning he has a hard-coded inability to harm them if he knows what they are.

2) Jet is an oddity in that universe. He's a User that willingly serves an AI (Ma3a) and fought against other Users to defend the Programs. Ghost in the Machine also indicates that he has a very different outlook on the whole thing than his godfather. He's freaked out by the idea of virtual godhood, and tells Clarence off by saying that Users have a responsibility to the Program world, to keep them safe and help. (OK, technically that was "Blue Jet," but as he had the hardest time understanding he was a copy, I'll go with the idea that he was a bit too good of a copy)

Now, picture him showing up on Sam's doorstep three days after Legacy. In light of the shit that went down with Clu, how will Sam take the idea that his estranged childhood friend not only serves an AI Program, but does so willingly?

3) For that matter, I have yet to figure out what the reaction's going to be when Tronzler and Jet cross paths. Any kind of "lets you and him fight" is going to end with Jet on the floor with a disc at his neck. On the upside, after getting a good look at what bad code does to good Programs, Jet is least likely to hold the terrible things Tron did under the Rinzler programming against his "brother." Tron might not want the forgiveness, especially from an "upgraded version" of his creator.

4) If Lora was digitized, then what did she see in the system, if anything? If Lora and Ma3a exist as separate but linked entities, then would they be forced to reintegrate, like Flynn and Clu? Would a willing reintegration be less destructive than the results we saw from the forced one in Legacy?

5) What will Team Bradley's reaction be to finding out the whole truth? I'd imagine Lora would be pissed. Flynn stole her life's work, did experiments with it under her nose, didn't tell her or Alan. She spent 25 years on the opposite coast, missing her son grow up, over experiments that her dumbass ex was doing in a basement with no controls! Worse, dumbass ex left them with no answers, not even an "in case I die/vanish" letter in a safe deposit box.

Alan's reaction? Probably reasonable, probably restrained...until he gets a good look at Tron. All bets are off at that point.

I'm afraid I can't see Jet's reaction as being forgiving. Since he was just shy of seven, he's had the front-row seat to seeing the damage a Flynn-shaped hole had on everyone; his parents, his best friend, Encom. Couple that with seeing the amazing destruction that a handful of greedy and stupid Users had on a lot of innocent Program lives. Right or wrong, he may walk out thinking his godfather was no better than Thorne (an opinion guaranteed to cause a nasty argument with Quorra)

6) If Master Control 2.0 is behind F-Con, and he's now got his own army of digitized users (including what's left of the Terrible Trio), what would he plan to do with them all? where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

It's an entire universe in there, one we created, but it's beyond us now. Really. It's outgrown us. You know, every time you shut off your computer...do you know what you're doing? Have you ever reformatted a hard drive? Deleted old software? Destroyed an entire universe?"

-- Jet Bradley, Tron: Ghost in the Machine on why being a User isn't necessarily a good thing.

deeahchur
User

on Friday, July, 26, 2013 10:02 PM
I can't say much, but the Tron 2.0 Single-Player expansion User Error 3 may address ... some ... of these questions.

/ / S C A N N I N G
/ / Incompatable Program detected
/ / Initiate Yggdrassil Conscription Potocol
"Appropriation is the highest form of appreciation."

KingJ.exe
User

on Saturday, July, 27, 2013 9:33 AM
J, it appears we are thinking along the same lines. However, I have to reasons, for Lora to be "dead", at least temporarily.

1: I really like the idea of "Ghost in the Machine" to have a purpose beyond "HEY! There's a backup of me! Lets compile it and see what happens!" In my scenario, they basically go "Hmm, theres a backup of me. Let's compile it and see what we can learn to maybe get mom back!" Theres a bit more REASON to it.

2: In 2.0, throughout, Jet and Alan act like Lora is dead. Part of the purpose for my TRON theory was to make it so that if you were going to include this as part of the canon for TR3N, you wouldn't have to rerelease the game. It can stand as it is, which is also why I chose to have everything happen at the approxamete dates it happened.

Find the archive here:

Pilgrim1099
User

on Sunday, July, 28, 2013 4:34 PM
KingJ.exe Wrote:Now, Koz has said that at least in his headspace, TRON 2.0 is resigned to the world of non-canon. E.G., alternate universe with no connection to Legacy. This includes "Ghost in the Machine", which was pretty darn cool, in my opinon.

Personally, I think everything can all fit together fine, with minor tweaks and connecting dialouge. And I shall explain it all, with dates.

1982: TRON happens. Alan and Lora get married, Jethro Bradley is born, and Kevin Flynn rockets up to be the president of ENCOM.

ENCOM is still experimenting with digitization, but since the MCP was destroyed, they lost correction algorithms that made sure things digitized properly. Since Kevin was in the MCP beam as it exploded, these algorithms were placed in his DNA, in his code. Thus, things work fine whenever he tries to digitize, or when he's in the system, thus why his Disk was the master key in Legacy. However, in the 80s, it's all but impossible to extract anything meaningful from DNA. So ENCOM had to recreate it from scratch. During this time, Lora gets a job offer from Washington, which she takes (TRON: Betrayal). However, she was essential to the project, so she continues to work on it via correspondence.

1989-2003: During this time, Alan and Lora continued to work on the correction algorithms, resulting in Ma1a. However, it was imperfect, so Lora came back from Washington to work on it in person. In a digitization accident, she is fragmentally digitized into the system. Fragments of her data are used in Ma2a and Ma3a, Alan's way of trying to keep her alive. The correction algoriths were perfected in Ma3a.

All great ideas, even though I never played TRON 2.0. I'm acutely aware of the game's premise. Since you said that the algorithms were placed in his DNA and ENCOM had to rebuild this from scratch entirely, there is one major problem with this.

How do you explain Sam being able to get in his father's Grid with ease since he didn't have the algorithms in his body (ie. born with algorithms from his father's DNA is a massive cop out so I'm not buying it at all).

The other thing is that if they lump in the 2.0-verse into Tron 3, it's going to confuse the audience even more. Especially the original TRON fans who have never played the PC game as well. That would frustrate them as well. Putting Jet Bradley in there is like pulling a "Roland Emmerich" via Independence Day as in lumping in so many characters at once.

The focus is supposed to be on Sam, Quorra, Alan and most likely Dillinger Jr. And since Koz said it would be like his Empire Strikes Back rendition, it appears to me that it might have CLU returning to the fold, OR MCP 2.0 lurking in the background.

Someone on this thread mentioned the MCP as behind the communication between him and Dillinger, Jr. That much is obvious. However, the "Ghost in the Machine" concept is not new and therefore, I would put my money that it is HIS father inside the system on purpose to stay alive. His father may have escaped from the 'real world' to hide out and operate a rival company as an AI via F-CON corporate raiding, etc. This would make a lot of sense now that Quorra would be the 'real world' version of TRON as she might have the gift of detecting/sensing programs from outside and with her ability to compute.

In fact, I would suspect that Quorra would become the 'power' behind ENCOM's new resurgence in the market and Sam's "secret weapon" one in which Dillinger Jr would be very jealous of and attempt to . . .'steal'. OR under orders by MCP 2.0 to trick her into working on data in a room where she gets digitized and trapped to be MCP 2.0's prisoner or latest acquisition.

Think about it .

Pilgrim1099
User

on Sunday, July, 28, 2013 4:38 PM
KingJ.exe Wrote:J, it appears we are thinking along the same lines. However, I have to reasons, for Lora to be "dead", at least temporarily.

1: I really like the idea of "Ghost in the Machine" to have a purpose beyond "HEY! There's a backup of me! Lets compile it and see what happens!" In my scenario, they basically go "Hmm, theres a backup of me. Let's compile it and see what we can learn to maybe get mom back!" Theres a bit more REASON to it.

The "Ghost in the Machine" would more likely be Dillinger's father. If he is that old and dying, he would be using the Grid to stay alive and hide behind the scenes as the new MCP 2.0. Instead of the "Kool Aid"/Easter Island head approach, MCP 2.0 is a walking, breathing four-limbed program with immense power more than CLU could imagine to be and resides in a server more powerful than Kevin's, that much would be obvious.

OR how about THIS?

What IF. . .Quorra is Sam's mother cloned off from the real life version? Now that would be a (Vader's voice) 'disturbing' twist worthy of Koz's version of Empire Strikes Back.

I think Sammy's gonna need a hundreds of headache pills to get through it.

KingJ.exe
User

on Sunday, July, 28, 2013 6:58 PM
Pilgrim1099 Wrote:
How do you explain Sam being able to get in his father's Grid with ease since he didn't have the algorithms in his body (ie. born with algorithms from his father's DNA is a massive cop out so I'm not buying it at all).

Simple. Kevin's Disk was the Master Key. It was in the system. The algorithms were present, in the system, in such a way that the laser could access them. Sam rezzes in, bada-bing, bada-boom. Kevin's in the system. Now, since Kevin gave his disk to Sam and Quorra and sacrificed himself, the algorithms are now part of the system itself, so digitization and realization are just fine now, at least in the TRON system.

Find the archive here:

Pilgrim1099
User

on Sunday, July, 28, 2013 9:12 PM
J Wrote: And if it IS Master Control 2.0? Well, wouldn't that just be dramatic irony? He gets to finish what he wanted to do in that basement lab; trap that annoying smartass in cyberspace, break him, and then finish him off. There's a bit in Legacy where Sam goes down to the basement; the keys in the lock are shiny and new, not covered with 20 years of corrosion; someone else has been there.

The shiny keys have been talked about in a past thread when I and a few others noticed this glaring hole in the film. This is either a film production error where the staff forgot to 'dust up' the keys prior to the shoot OR it was done intentionally to give a hint that someone entered the GRID after Flynn went in.

The problem is that after he went in, CLU locked him down and closed off the laser. Here's what I don't understand. If Kevin is the User, he has total control over how can he get in and out. How can CLU access the Shiva laser by closing it off (ie. portal) from him? CLU has no ability to control that.

The MCP could in the original film. He was able to move the laser and zap Flynn. Which brings up another question. If Flynn got stuck in there, then the Shiva laser would have to be so dusty even on the lens over the years, that it needs to warm up first.

So after CLU locked Kevin in, the portal was shut off, so that 'someone' could have not have gotten in undetected. CLU would've detected it incoming via the main portal, that is. What ticked me off was they didn't bother to shoot the interior of Flynn's Arcade to show what it really looks like compared to the real world counterpart.

The only explanation would be someone took Flynn's keys in 1989, used it to get in the lab and digitize him or herself in. Then upon seeing those keys, Flynn went in the Grid to find out what the hell was going on, and got trapped.

Something to consider but I'm sure this may have glaring film error, although it would be cool if this was done intentionally as a lead subplot to the next film as a mystery.where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

KingJ.exe
User

on Sunday, July, 28, 2013 10:05 PM
I think the shiny key thing can be explained simply: Some one went in, and messed around in there, but didn't digitize. That is, IF it's intentional. That way, nothing is noticed on-grid.

Find the archive here:

Pilgrim1099
User

on Monday, July, 29, 2013 9:11 AM
KingJ.exe Wrote:I think the shiny key thing can be explained simply: Some one went in, and messed around in there, but didn't digitize. That is, IF it's intentional. That way, nothing is noticed on-grid.

Could work, BUT, another glitch to that . The lab was entirely dusty, therefore, fingerprints would have been shown. If the keys are brand new, the fingerprints would be freshly seen indicating someone had been there after Flynn got digitized. The "Dillinger Desk" that Sam sat on was extremely dusty.

My take? It's probably a production goof that they forgot to 'dust up' or 'age up' the keys to show they've been in that door for years.

Another thing I noticed is that the keys Alan gave Sam were probably originals. IF those are the master keys to open up the arcade doors, then what keys were those in the lab door? Second hand copies? order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

J
User

on Monday, July, 29, 2013 3:20 PM
Pilgrim1099 Wrote:

It's not that far fetched. Ghu knows what repeated digitizations were doing to him. They hinted a bit at this in Betraya and in GitM; the erratic, obsessive behavior, the disconnect from the analog world.

Plus, you only usually hear this from audiophiles, but you take something from an analog medium, like a concert recording or a vinyl record. When you digitize it (say, recording your old vinyl to CD or MP3), you are taking millions of samples per second. But there are "gaps" between those samples that the computer fills in. Now, you can do all kinds of things with that file; clean up imperfections, boost the bass, adjust the treble...but you record it back onto analog media, and it's not really the same. Your ears will still hear the Daft Punk album, probably better than before, but it's not a continuous thing, it's the product of billions of samples taken apart and rearranged. Do this enough times, and you could end up with something very different than the analog album you started with.

Pilgrim1099 Wrote:The other thing is that if they lump in the 2.0-verse into Tron 3, it's going to confuse the audience even more. Especially the original TRON fans who have never played the PC game as well. That would frustrate them as well. Putting Jet Bradley in there is like pulling a "Roland Emmerich" via Independence Day as in lumping in so many characters at once.

Not necessarily. Played 2.0 after playing Legacy and thought it could be turned into a graphic novel, ARG, or even Expanded U novel. And Star Wars is a counter example to your Independence Day. Star Wars has TONS of characters in just Episodes 4&5. Calrissian was introduced in the last act of ESB, and he was still able to make enough of an impression to being him back for RotJ. Boba Fett didn't even need more than a dozen lines to become the mimetic badass of the EU.

Jet would pretty much be a tailor-made Lancer to Sam's hero. A decent author could cover a few miles with well-written dialogue. (Oh, ok. Lora and Alan's kid. Video game designer. Ok, with Alan being surrogate dad, it means these two grew up together and got into all kinds of trouble.) Mercury wouldn't need too much explanation, either. Ma3a would be the biggest pain in the tail.

If we had Master Control 2.0/Dillinger Sr as the antagonist, then F-Con wouldn't need a lot of explanation, either. Oh. That's his company, those three are his dragons, he tried the takeover once. Jet and Alan barely stopped him, but he still has an army in there with him.

Pilgrim1099 Wrote:Someone on this thread mentioned the MCP as behind the communication between him and Dillinger, Jr. That much is obvious. However, the "Ghost in the Machine" concept is not new and therefore, I would put my money that it is HIS father inside the system on purpose to stay alive. His father may have escaped from the 'real world' to hide out and operate a rival company as an AI via F-CON corporate raiding, etc. This would make a lot of sense now that Quorra would be the 'real world' version of TRON as she might have the gift of detecting/sensing programs from outside and with her ability to compute.

Yeah, I was thinking something like this. Dillinger zaps himself in, everyone thinks he's dead or the guy no one sees. Reality is that he's something like Ma3a was in 2.0; an AI merged with a human consciousness.

Pilgrim1099
User

on Tuesday, July, 30, 2013 12:54 PM
J Wrote:

Yeah, I was thinking something like this. Dillinger zaps himself in, everyone thinks he's dead or the guy no one sees. Reality is that he's something like Ma3a was in 2.0; an AI merged with a human consciousness.

That's a very likely scenario for Tron 3 if Dillinger Sr becomes MCP 2.0. Or rather an amalgam of Ma3a/MCP, borrowing a bit of the Tron 2.0 elements into the film's lexicon. But yes, an AI merged with a human consciousness would be the next step in the TRON-verse. How would programs, even Tron or an ISO like Quorra react to this? Even CLU, if he's reprogrammed from scratch?

In a sense, Sam will have to create a program of his own to interact with them until he enters the Grid again.

Kat
User

on Tuesday, July, 30, 2013 8:10 PM
Pilgrim1099 Wrote:Another thing I noticed is that the keys Alan gave Sam were probably originals. IF those are the master keys to open up the arcade doors, then what keys were those in the lab door? Second hand copies?

I assume Alan had copies of the arcade keys. It seems to me more far-fetched that he wouldn't, than that he would.

1. A lot of people give extra copies of the keys to their homes to friends, family, or neighbors-- in case of necessity, in case of emergency, in case they lose theirs. Why not the also a business? And that's just assuming that a friend as close as Alan wasn't simply considered welcome at the arcade any time, or that Alan didn't have any business dealings at the arcade.

2. Other employees besides Flynn probably had keys to the arcade-- you can't tell me he was always the first one there to open up and the last one there to close down. Even if Alan didn't have his own keys, they'd've been easy to obtain from someone else-- especially since other employees would've turned them in upon the arcade closing. It's also possible Alan might've changed the locks at that time, just in case any sets were still floating around out there, which might mean Flynn's keys wouldn't even work in the doors anymore.

3. If Flynn thought of giving Alan a pager with the instructions to "sleep with it" in case he needed to contact Alan from the Grid... surely he would've also made sure Alan had keys to the arcade to get in and render whatever assistance he needed.

4. We don't know what else is on that key ring (I think there were several, yes?). Those might not even be keys to the public parts of the arcade. Those could be on another ring somewhere; if I were Flynn, I'm not sure I'd keep keys to highly-private areas on the same ring as public areas. He might be more likely to keep them on a personal key ring, perhaps with house keys.

What do you want? I'm busy.

Program, please!

Chaos.... good news.

KingJ.exe
User

on Thursday, October, 24, 2013 1:47 AM
Made some minor edits to my theory, including Dillinger Systems and the date when Flynn was presumed dead, gained from a rewatch of The Next Day.order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pillabortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

Find the archive here:

Gridlord
User

on Thursday, October, 24, 2013 11:56 PM
Now here's an interesting question. Is there any reason Tron Killer App for the GBA cannot fit into canon?order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pill

KingJ.exe
User

on Saturday, October, 26, 2013 8:25 AM
The only reason I haven't included it is the simple fact that I've never played it, nor can I find a playthrough on YouTube, so I don't know the story. If you could point me to one, I would appreciate that very much.

Based on what I know of the story, I don't see why it couldn't. The only thing you would have to assume as far as I know is that Tron was copied onto the Tron System, instead of transferred. Which means there's two Trons.

Find the archive here:

Gridlord
User

on Saturday, October, 26, 2013 5:02 PM
I think that works for me. I found a walk through that shows all the dialogue in the game.I did play it through about 5 years ago, but I'm not going to remember everything. It was fun though!

http://www.gamefaqs.com/gba/920699-tron-20-killer-app/faqs/32998

Hope it helps!where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

KingJ.exe
User

on Monday, October, 28, 2013 7:19 PM
Thank you for that! That walkthrough conveyed the story excellently.

Now, I don't see any issue with fitting it in, and setting it prior to 2.0, I think. It works if Flynn copied Tron, instead of transferred him, leaving a Tron on each system.

The question becomes then, two things: Who is the mysterious User that attacked ENCOM? Is it Thorne? Dillinger? Dillinjr?

And number 2: WHERE IN FLYNN'S NAME WAS TRON DURING THE MASSIVE VIRUS ATTACK IN 2.0? Why wasn't he available to install the Tron Legacy code onto?

Thoughts on these two questions? I could come up with a solution on my own, but it's more fun if we can collaborate on these.where to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

Find the archive here:

J
User

on Tuesday, October, 29, 2013 12:16 PM
I can integrate 2.0 for the most part, but Ghost in the Machine, I'm pretty much stripping for parts. The fact it's such a mind screw doesn't help trying to integrate it, and the explanation it gives in the end still doesn't cover all the weird stuff that went on.

However, I REALLY like most of the concepts in it; Jet being a very reluctant User who is hit hard by what he saw and had to do. Ma3a being unstable and realizing she's part Lora. And boy, do I like Clarence. A reality-warping, mind-screwing nasty piece of work who can break a User's mind. He and Dyson would be a scary team-up!

Teaming Tron and Mercury up? Well, that's going to have to go VERY AU in my scenario as well. Yes, there is an attack. Yes, they'll both be fighting it. But it'll be post-Legacy, post 2.0, and things are going to be much less civil.

Page: of 2 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  General Discussion 
 The TRON Theory