TRON: LEGACY 
 I am going to make castor's cane!

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
Moses613
User

on Friday, June, 28, 2013 1:56 AM
I am going to go for it: the building of one of TL's most inspiringly cool props, and one no less which was very well done practically. Oh yes indeed programs, I'm going to build none other than Castor's cane! Many have tried at this and many have failed. But after examining what some have done on youtube as far as well-intentioned personal attempts, i think i am ready to combine some of what they have done, add my own unique ideas, throw in some of my handyman skills and make a really nice cane. To boot, it will be generally cheaper than most previous examples and costlessto run, seeing as it'll probably use LED lights and rechargeable nickel-metal hydride batterie which carry a h3ll of a lot more charge than nicads, which are just sooooooo 1983.   This thing is going to radiate cool to the point that if cool were a crime, they'd strap me into the chair after a short, mob-driven trial and FRY my ass, no appeals or anything. It's going to be so cool there wil be a front of cool before i even walk into a place with it. People will say 'I feel somethingcool is aboutto happen, but i don't know what. You feel that too?'  You'll be able to hear the cool and it will be as a deafening, goosebump-raising roar.   It's also going to see a lot of street time. This is not a prop for some con. If anyone asks i'll just say i made it for nighttime walks, it was inspired by Castor's, and it's just too cool to turn off, so i leave it on. Acrylic canes are used by people every day who need one them to walk, so they're genuinely sturdy. M7ne mwy need a crook handle, unlike Castor's straight handled one, so it'l be easier to hold and can be hung around things like my bent arm when needed.   As far as the cane in the movie went, it is lit practically and from inside the cane. There were at lesst teo of them used in order that when Castor wss holding them, the light source would be concealed by his hand, though surprisingly, it can be seen briefly in s couple shots. As it was a very cool practical effect, and would have been tough to do in CG, i find that easy to overlook.   And for those of you who just can't bebothered, go out and get a plain wooden cane, sand it smooth, lay on several layers of glow-in-the dark paint, then spray on several more of glos laquer. Then just maybe, just maybe, you'l have some thing that can hold it's own at the club, providing they have blacklights active. But you'll still l8ok like a fool when i show upmwith mine. You'll toss yours in the dumpster out back and collapse into a pile of convulsively sobbing, useless shadow of your former self, doomed to walk this esrth desolated and wasted, fueled only by the memory of the last-and now only time, if any-that a woman so much as even fantasized about slapping your lame ass.   So i leave it to the room......any suggestions, and do you care to follow my progress?   Jeff

combatant_3
User

RE: I am going to make castor's cane!

on Friday, June, 28, 2013 2:38 AM
I feel like something cool is about to happen.abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

Moses613
User

on Friday, June, 28, 2013 2:43 AM
May take me a few weeks, but you can rest assured the progress of the project will be posted here.where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill onlineabortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

MCPcomputer
User

on Friday, June, 28, 2013 9:15 AM

I look forward to seeing this projet get done program!
Sounds very exciting and very cool.on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill online

"I want him in the games until he dies playing" -MCP
The Grid a Physical Frontier funny Tron Videohttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaMViP_QtZ8

Moses613
User

on Friday, June, 28, 2013 8:59 PM
Stil tossing many ideas aroundand brainstorming. Cost being something of a consideration, to buy a straight piece of lucite and then put a crook in it could cost a mint. But to buy a ready made lucite cane means it'd have a hook-style handle, which means not being able to put a straight-up LED flashlight into the handle.

Using EL wire or fiber optics, inserted into a thin channle along the length of the cane, with the channel being cut into the cane using a dremel tool, is an option. In fact it need not even run it's entire length. But the power supply would have to be outside the body of the cane. So where to put it and secure it though? Any suggestions? I think this would provide the best light.

Or i could cut that channel along the length and put into it one of those thin cyalume glow/raver bracelets or a small glow stick, providing it'll give off enough light after 4 hours to be seen in a typically dim bar. True i'd have to buy them every time i stepped out, but at the dollar store they're, well ,just a dollar. Thoughts?

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON: LEGACY