Forums (I/O Tower)
Forums 
  General Discussion 
 Disneyland to get Tron lightcycle ride in Tomorrowland!

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 2 PagesNextLast
Nikefutbolero
User

on Tuesday, April, 09, 2013 11:15 AM
"Not that Disneyland has been entirely forgotten. While the big-budget required to build Monstropolis in DCA will require additional funding to be pulled from Disneyland’s expansion money, there is still a realization that Disneyland needs additional ride capacity as well. The expansion of Frontierland is pushed to the back burner for now, while attention turns to Tomorrowland. Borrowing a new ride system and theme to be used in Shanghai’s Tomorrowland, the second project in the pipeline for Anaheim is a Tron themed speeder bike ride using much of the old PeopleMover route. This is an idea that has been thrown around in the past, but in recent months it’s gained serious steam and is quickly nearing a green light from Burbank.

The goal here would be to add thrill ride capacity to Disneyland, while at the same time providing WDI an excuse to go in and give an aesthetic reskin to Tomorrowland and create a more modern and sleeker version of the circa 1967-77 buildings there. Tomorrowland is much like DCA of the last decade; a place that had some of the most popular and highest rated rides in Anaheim, but that wasn’t particularly attractive and nowhere that anyone really wanted to hang out for very long. Disneyland guests currently go in to cherry pick a handful of popular rides in Tomorrowland, but the land consistently ranks low on satisfaction surveys as a place that is memorable or inviting. With the addition of the Tron speeder bike coaster, Tomorrowland would be given a cohesive themed aesthetic and a far more compelling story. Particularly for the Tomorrowland project however, there’s a desire to not start serious construction until after the park’s 60th Anniversary celebration in 2015. The Door Coaster and Monstropolis project at DCA might be able to get underway before the 60th, for an opening in 2016 at the same time that the speeder bikes and Tomorrowland redo get underway."

This is about as legit as it gets aside from it coming directly from Disney. The people over at MiceAge have inside info on everything going on with Disney Parks.

This to me is confirmation that Disney isn't abandoning the franchise if they're willing to invest on a new ride at Disneyland. Just imagine all the merchandise!

http://micechat.com/26081-disneyland-tron-monsters/where to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

BanditTron
User

RE: Disneyland to get Tron lightcycle ride in Tomorrowland!

on Tuesday, April, 09, 2013 4:45 PM
I hope that it gets the green light. That will be great.

The Test Track at WDW has some TRON-esque elements to it but its not quite TRON enough! ahhaabortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

MCPcomputer
User

on Tuesday, April, 09, 2013 11:49 PM

Wow yes! This sounds awesome!!!
they need to make this ride soon....!!!

Oh wow im excited!!

Electronica was a dream come true...

but this is going to be the best ride at Disneyland.. I will rise it 1000 times!
I bet it will also glow in the dark and at night... where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

"I want him in the games until he dies playing" -MCP
The Grid a Physical Frontier funny Tron Videohttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaMViP_QtZ8

TRON.dll
User

on Wednesday, April, 10, 2013 2:10 PM
Interesting idea, though it's going to require some pretty major revamping of the people mover track if they wish to use it. The last thrill ride that used that track suffered from bad capacity and being uncomfortable to ride in general.

Anyone know what this Shanghai ride system is? I'm curious.order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pillwhere to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

TRON 2.0 (PC) name - TRON.dll
I'll play any mode, but I'm best at LC.

PSN - TRON-dll
XBOX Live/Games for Windows Live - TRONdll
-I have a Wii, DS, and 3DS. PM me to exchange friend codes.

VideoGameWarrior
User

on Friday, April, 12, 2013 1:29 AM
Yes! Finally! For three years I've been telling my family and friends, "You know, it'd be awesome if they made a Tron ride. They can put it on that old PeopleMover track!"

TRON LIVES!

ShadowSpark
User

on Friday, April, 12, 2013 1:53 AM
Mom says she remembers when the PeopleMover entered 'The World of Tron', back in 1982.

Mom, who teaches at our local high school, had a student who was doing her graduation project on Disney's audio-animatronics. Quote from Mom: "She came back after a summer visit to Disney World in Florida, and was telling me all about it, including this 'really really old ride' called the Carousel of Progress. I looked at her and said 'I went on that ride the year it opened.' The student went red and started to apologize, but I just laughed." The Carousel of Progress first opened in 1967, when Mom was ten years old.

That made me realize that I'll get to tell my kids about the original 'Star Tours' ride someday. Anyway, I'm really hoping the lightcycle ride happens. That will be so cool to see.

{A very big thanks to FlynnOne for the pic! And to Wulfeous for sharpening the details!*huggles both*}
{Because people always seem to guess wrong, I'm saying it here: I'm female!!! And my name is Spark!!!}

Tron Lives!

Please click here to help my family out.

VideoGameWarrior
User

on Friday, April, 12, 2013 2:12 AM
If and when this ride gets made, I hope it has the option to ride it like they do in the movie. That'd be great.

TRON LIVES!

Honda Enoch
User

on Sunday, April, 14, 2013 10:17 PM
Don't hold your breath. The old people mover track is not designed for high speed rides. Rocket Rods proved that.

For this to work the entire track would have to be replaced with something more supportive. This would be very costly, therefore not likely to happen.

So even if Disney did do this project with the current track, it would not last long.where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

My other ride is a Light Cycle.

Nikefutbolero
User

on Monday, April, 15, 2013 12:59 AM
Honda Enoch Wrote:Don't hold your breath. The old people mover track is not designed for high speed rides. Rocket Rods proved that.

For this to work the entire track would have to be replaced with something more supportive. This would be very costly, therefore not likely to happen.

So even if Disney did do this project with the current track, it would not last long.

That's been known for a long time. You really think Disney would greenlight a project using the old people move track NOT knowing in needs to be brought up to code?

The reason why it works is because the money they would have used on R&D for a Tron ride at DL, they save because the are borrowing the idea from Shanghai Disneyland thats it's using brand new technology that was developed for Shanghai. That money can be pumped into renovating the people mover track. You really think they would just slap some track on the old people move tracks?
abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

TRON.dll
User

on Monday, April, 15, 2013 1:21 AM
Honda Enoch Wrote:Don't hold your breath. The old people mover track is not designed for high speed rides. Rocket Rods proved that.

So even if Disney did do this project with the current track, it would not last long.

The article says it would use "some of" the old people mover track, indicating that new track would be utilized. It's also stated that a new ride system would be installed.

A full renovation of Tomorrowland is also mentioned in the article. I'm curious as to what exactly this is, anyone know?

Also still wondering about this "Shanghai ride system", any details on what that even is?

TRON 2.0 (PC) name - TRON.dll
I'll play any mode, but I'm best at LC.

PSN - TRON-dll
XBOX Live/Games for Windows Live - TRONdll
-I have a Wii, DS, and 3DS. PM me to exchange friend codes.

Nikefutbolero
User

on Monday, April, 15, 2013 4:00 AM
There have been lots of ideas up in the air about Tomorrowland. There are rumors about not only redoing all of Tomorrowland but also expanding using some of the space next to it. The most recent ideas that are being tossed around by Disney Imagineers is an Ironman/Stark Expo theme.

As far as the ride, i think only the route plans have been leaked but nothing about the ride system. Tron will have a heavy presence in Shanghai though.

Skaught
User

on Thursday, April, 18, 2013 12:05 PM
I've heard there are "plans" to convert the Rockin' Roller Coaster at Disney Hollywood Studios (in Orlando) to a Tron roller coasters. It's currently an Aerosmith themed ride, but the contract is expiring (I'm told) and you have to admit, kids today aren't really listened to Aerosmith all that much.

It's an indoors/dark coaster, so it's the perfect setting to a Tron ride. Just retheme it and leave the infrastructure intact. Hopefully this is true.

Scottorder abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pill

Honda Enoch
User

on Thursday, April, 18, 2013 7:19 PM
Nikefutbolero Wrote:You really think they would just slap some track on the old people move tracks?

They did with Rocket Rods.

Nikefutbolero Wrote:That's been known for a long time. You really think Disney would greenlight a project using the old people move track NOT knowing in needs to be brought up to code?

They green lite Rocket Rods... I rest my case.

TRON.dll Wrote:The article says it would use "some of" the old people mover track, indicating that new track would be utilized.

This is because most of the orignal track was destroyed after Rocket Rods.

TRON.dll Wrote: It's also stated that a new ride system would be installed.

A new ride system was installed for Rocket Rods too.

Just so you know who you are talking to. I am Honda Enoch. I created Mouse World in Second Life. I am a Disney Guru. I literally grew up in the parks. I know what I am talking about.

I would love to see a tron ride. But I know the history of the suggested site. I know the Disney just spent A LOT of money on Cars land. I don't see them spending a lot of money on an old story.

I hope I am wrong. It would be nice. But I don't see it happening soon and by the time it could happen, tron will be in the past again.

Nikefutbolero
User

on Friday, April, 19, 2013 4:33 AM
Who you are is pretty irrelevant. You really think TDA would be close to green-lighting a Tron ride without knowing that the people mover track needed to be upgraded? Do you really think they'd go through the whole process of trying to implement the ride in TL only to last minute say "Oh wait, we can't build that there, the people mover track is old!". If they are going to implement the Tron ride in TL and somehow use the old PM track, they are obviously going to make the necessary upgrades to make the ride work.

Honda Enoch
User

on Friday, April, 19, 2013 6:30 AM
Nikefutbolero Wrote:Who you are is pretty irrelevant.

Actually it is rather relevant as my life has revolved around Disney.

Nikefutbolero Wrote:You really think TDA would be close to green-lighting a Tron ride without knowing that the people mover track needed to be upgraded?

Nikefutbolero Wrote: Do you really think they'd go through the whole process of trying to implement the ride in TL only to last minute say "Oh wait, we can't build that there, the people mover track is old!".

Implement what? LOL, there is nothing in TL that hits at a ride.

Nikefutbolero Wrote:If they are going to implement the Tron ride in TL and somehow use the old PM track, they are obviously going to make the necessary upgrades to make the ride work.

They didn't with Rocket Rods.order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

ShadowSpark
User

on Friday, April, 19, 2013 6:36 PM
Honda Enoch Wrote:
Nikefutbolero Wrote:Who you are is pretty irrelevant.

Actually it is rather relevant as my life has revolved around Disney.

Nikefutbolero Wrote:You really think TDA would be close to green-lighting a Tron ride without knowing that the people mover track needed to be upgraded?

Nikefutbolero Wrote: Do you really think they'd go through the whole process of trying to implement the ride in TL only to last minute say "Oh wait, we can't build that there, the people mover track is old!".

Implement what? LOL, there is nothing in TL that hits at a ride.

Nikefutbolero Wrote:If they are going to implement the Tron ride in TL and somehow use the old PM track, they are obviously going to make the necessary upgrades to make the ride work.

They didn't with Rocket Rods.

One would think that they would learn from the mistake they made with the Rocket Rods ride. After all, they learned from the early mistakes they made with Star Tours. They don't use a standard flight simulator for it anymore.
order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pillabortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

{A very big thanks to FlynnOne for the pic! And to Wulfeous for sharpening the details!*huggles both*}
{Because people always seem to guess wrong, I'm saying it here: I'm female!!! And my name is Spark!!!}

Tron Lives!

Please click here to help my family out.

Honda Enoch
User

on Friday, April, 19, 2013 10:55 PM
ShadowSpark Wrote:One would think that they would learn from the mistake they made with the Rocket Rods ride. After all, they learned from the early mistakes they made with Star Tours. They don't use a standard flight simulator for it anymore.

One would hope...

Page: of 2 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  General Discussion