Gem might still be alive!?!?

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments: FirstPrevious Page: of 2 Pages
Traahn
User

RE: Gem might still be alive!?!?

on Saturday, January, 19, 2013 2:29 AM
She's just mysterious and misunderstood

PS: Here is Beau Garrett (and others) in an interview. She made me laugh during the part starting at 7:10: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrMjxhLLfhY. Gem seems to be adorable in the real world

I'm getting out of here right now, and you guys are invited. -----^

Kat
User

on Saturday, January, 19, 2013 12:46 PM
I've seen pics of here "in the real world" and I think she's pretty. I never thought the severe, overly-made-up look suited her, though. (and something about the Sirens' outfits creeps me out. I think it's in part the shoes, and in part the weird ass-accentuating colorblocks, and the freaky boob-latex. Okay, really the whole scene freaks me out, but this isn't the thread for that).

What do you want? I'm busy.

Program, please!

Chaos.... good news.

laphtiya
User

on Thursday, January, 24, 2013 3:16 AM
Kat Wrote:I've seen pics of here "in the real world" and I think she's pretty. I never thought the severe, overly-made-up look suited her, though. (and something about the Sirens' outfits creeps me out. I think it's in part the shoes, and in part the weird ass-accentuating colorblocks, and the freaky boob-latex. Okay, really the whole scene freaks me out, but this isn't the thread for that).

Putting all that aside, I think the character herself really didn't serve much purpose other than what we saw in the movie. What would she do in Tron 3? She seems to be programmed (perhaps repurposed) to prepare combatants for the game. However I feel that she was a plant from the start that she was there and perhaps the others to look for someone who is "different" from the rest. Maybe they were put in place once CLU sent his page and tasked with weeding out the eventual arrival of a user. But really in Tron 3 she would be there just for male eye candy and it would feel odd and just plain stupid, the movie has enough of that with the stunning visuals and effects and light cycles it doesn't need as you say weird ass-accentuating colour clocks and latex boobs......I'd rather have my substance in the plot ;Dwhere to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

Kat
User

on Thursday, January, 24, 2013 9:08 AM
laphtiya Wrote:
Kat Wrote:I've seen pics of here "in the real world" and I think she's pretty. I never thought the severe, overly-made-up look suited her, though. (and something about the Sirens' outfits creeps me out. I think it's in part the shoes, and in part the weird ass-accentuating colorblocks, and the freaky boob-latex. Okay, really the whole scene freaks me out, but this isn't the thread for that).

Putting all that aside, I think the character herself really didn't serve much purpose other than what we saw in the movie. What would she do in Tron 3? She seems to be programmed (perhaps repurposed) to prepare combatants for the game. However I feel that she was a plant from the start that she was there and perhaps the others to look for someone who is "different" from the rest. Maybe they were put in place once CLU sent his page and tasked with weeding out the eventual arrival of a user. But really in Tron 3 she would be there just for male eye candy and it would feel odd and just plain stupid, the movie has enough of that with the stunning visuals and effects and light cycles it doesn't need as you say weird ass-accentuating colour clocks and latex boobs......I'd rather have my substance in the plot ;D

I'm not sure if she was a plant or not. But she may have been recruited by Zustor when he realized she might have access to every program that came through for the Games. Or it's possible they were simply just friends and he sent her after Sam because he figured Sam'd be more likely to trust some hot chick (and he may be right-- if you or I had shown up and talked to Sam on the street, would Sam have been more cautious, as cautious as I wanted to yell at the screen for him to do even the FIRST time I saw it? I mean, he pretty much had to throw away common sense to go with her-- you sneak into a city, disguise yourself so no one recognizes you, but don't go five feet before someone does-- and it's someone you know works for Clu? I'd run as fast as I could, not stand there and talk to her...).

Now the interesting question might be... is she a double-double agent? Is she really working for Clu and Zustor doesn't know it? My guess is no, because she seems just as surprised and dismayed when Clu blows them up as Zustor does, but... it's possible she did betray Zustor and just didn't expect to get killed herself.

Program, please!

Chaos.... good news.

laphtiya
User

on Thursday, January, 24, 2013 10:04 AM
Actually I think you're right as Sam says "playing all the angles" I think she was working for Clu AND Castor but assuming neither knew hoping that Clu would reward her for her good work once he has the Disc, but Clu being Clu once he had what he needed......boom

1982program
User

on Friday, January, 25, 2013 10:02 AM
Interesting thread. I think Gem is important if for no other reason than to provide eye candy, which in turn attracts fans that may not have otherwise been involved w/ the series.....increasing ticket sales / ratings, which convinces bean counters to greenlight more movies / TV series episodes.

My take on the End of Line Clu / Zuse meeting is that Zuse was not aware Clu would be there. IMO, Zuse was on board w/ helping Sam and cared for Quorra (who wouldn't) and the ISOs. But, he cares more about survival. So, when he met w/ Sam, his intentions were to help. Once Zuse noticed Clu's forces freefalling into his club, he just went into survival mode choosing to appear as if he had been working w/ Clu all along.

He meets w/ Clu and says "See what I've done, I got you the disc!" Clu is smarter than that and realizes Zuse just failed at an attempted double-cross, so Clu gets the disc / kills Zuse and Gem.

What do you guys think? Also, what sort of program is Zuse?

laphtiya
User

on Friday, January, 25, 2013 10:31 AM
1982program Wrote:Interesting thread. I think Gem is important if for no other reason than to provide eye candy, which in turn attracts fans that may not have otherwise been involved w/ the series.....increasing ticket sales / ratings, which convinces bean counters to greenlight more movies / TV series episodes.

My take on the End of Line Clu / Zuse meeting is that Zuse was not aware Clu would be there. IMO, Zuse was on board w/ helping Sam and cared for Quorra (who wouldn't) and the ISOs. But, he cares more about survival. So, when he met w/ Sam, his intentions were to help. Once Zuse noticed Clu's forces freefalling into his club, he just went into survival mode choosing to appear as if he had been working w/ Clu all along.

He meets w/ Clu and says "See what I've done, I got you the disc!" Clu is smarter than that and realizes Zuse just failed at an attempted double-cross, so Clu gets the disc / kills Zuse and Gem.

What do you guys think? Also, what sort of program is Zuse?

Ummmm, no. You need to watch that part of the movie again. "Remember our bargain? Control of the city."

then

"I realise our alliance, is at times, uneasy"

Zuse was working for Clu and was expecting Clu and his forces to arrive.

renderinfo2
User

on Friday, January, 25, 2013 11:59 AM
laphtiya Wrote:Ummmm, no. You need to watch that part of the movie again. "Remember our bargain? Control of the city."

then

"I realise our alliance, is at times, uneasy"

Zuse was working for Clu and was expecting Clu and his forces to arrive.
Not necessarily. At least the part where he was actually expecting Clu and his forces to arrive.

My opinion is that he was just definitely working for both sides, not knowing whether or not if Clu would arrive. He's definitely all about himself, and was simply being a double-agent. That's why he helped Sam AND made that "pre-bargain" with Clu. Wherever the chips fell, he stood to benefit. Except Clu saw through all that and figured he had enough. Bye Bye End Of Line Club...
where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

Kat
User

on Friday, January, 25, 2013 7:53 PM
Well, but most people consider that he signaled Clu that Sam was there.

Zustor doesn't start to look surprised and dismayed until Flynn shows up...

Program, please!

Chaos.... good news.

Traahn
User

on Friday, January, 25, 2013 8:54 PM
(removed accidental post)

I'm getting out of here right now, and you guys are invited. -----^

zodiac brave
User

on Sunday, January, 27, 2013 9:49 AM
i think gem looking uneasy and annoyed when quorra shows up definitely adds a layer of personality and shows she did indeed have her own thoughts on certain things. she's obviously protective of castor and jealous of quorra.

even if she didnt do or say much else, this lil tidbit of character development makes me want to know more about her.

you're messing with my zen thing, man...

laphtiya
User

on Monday, January, 28, 2013 6:04 AM
Kat Wrote:Well, but most people consider that he signaled Clu that Sam was there.

Zustor doesn't start to look surprised and dismayed until Flynn shows up...

Yeah, he doesn't really look surprised until Flynn showed up, I figure he was stalling with Sam offering help until Clu's forces arrived. He didn't look too bothered that they just smashed up his club, I figure his original plan was to hand Sam over to Clu but the game changed when Flynn showed up and simply took the advantage he saw best.

But yeah he was in an alliance with Clu he flat out said so, Gem's role in this I think is simply what Sam said, she's playing all the angles to make sure Clu gets what he wants. But Clu doesn't need them anymore now that he has the disc.

FirstPrevious Page: of 2 Pages
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON: LEGACY 
 Gem might still be alive!?!?