Forums (I/O Tower)
Forums 
 TRON: LEGACY 
 So is Kevin Flynn going to be in Tron 3 and will he be kicking some Reco butt?

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 2 PagesNextLast
MCPcomputer
User

on Tuesday, January, 15, 2013 2:44 AM

I only have one question is Kevin Flynn going to be in the new Tron 3 movie?
And will he be kicking some reco butt? I want to know... please let me know.

It would be cool to see Flynn in his light tank kicking reco butt in the new movie!

where to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

"I want him in the games until he dies playing" -MCP
The Grid a Physical Frontier funny Tron Videohttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaMViP_QtZ8

budleighsalterton
User

RE: So is Kevin Flynn going to be in Tron 3 and will he be kicking some Reco butt?

on Tuesday, January, 15, 2013 10:01 AM
Nothing has been hinted at yet. I suppose it's possible, isn't anything in Hollywood possible? But I thought the enormous explosion and disintegration at the end of Legacy made it look like just about everything was destroyed. They didn't exactly show the entire grid disintegrating but I thought i may have been implied. I do think Tron may have survived because he fell in the water?

I'm hoping Dillinger Jr. snakes the grid from Sam and then Sam, Quorra, and Alan Bradley all enter the grid, meet Tron, and save the day. I'd really like to see Tron meet his user in person. I think that could be emotional for Tron given all the stuff he's been through.

laphtiya
User

RE: So is Kevin Flynn going to be in Tron 3 and will he be kicking some Reco butt?

on Tuesday, January, 15, 2013 10:19 AM
budleighsalterton Wrote:Nothing has been hinted at yet. I suppose it's possible, isn't anything in Hollywood possible? But I thought the enormous explosion and disintegration at the end of Legacy made it look like just about everything was destroyed. They didn't exactly show the entire grid disintegrating but I thought i may have been implied. I do think Tron may have survived because he fell in the water?

I'm hoping Dillinger Jr. snakes the grid from Sam and then Sam, Quorra, and Alan Bradley all enter the grid, meet Tron, and save the day. I'd really like to see Tron meet his user in person. I think that could be emotional for Tron given all the stuff he's been through.

Why do people keep thinking the grid was destroyed? All that was destroyed was the portal platform, you still see the Sea of Simulation clearly and some rocky area I think (working from memory here) And didn't someone say in an interview that the Grid is still working? If not look at it this way, why would Sam even bother backing up a completely destroyed system? If the Grid was destroyed completely then the whole thing would have registered as a few kilobytes if that and he would have known there was nothing to back up. I seriously doubt we will see Flynn in person if he is in the movie at all, for all we know the explosion was his doing and not a result of the reintegration with CLU. He might really be like a God now on the grid existing only as a consciousness and directing programs to a better purpose this way instead of physically doing it. Who knows its far too early to start speculating what would happen.

Lets wait until the script has been written and production starts before kicking this around, also I vote we have a Tron 3 board opened up before Tron: Legacy gets swamped with Tron 3 topics.

budleighsalterton
User

on Tuesday, January, 15, 2013 10:51 AM
I agree about why would Sam transfer the grid to his flash memory. I think people are confused about total disintegration because they weren't more blatant about showing Tron City or anything after the explosion. You are right though that they showed the reflection of light on the water and rocks so it was subtle.order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

MCPcomputer
User

on Tuesday, January, 15, 2013 6:26 PM

I thin the Grid is still there, we know the users are still there.
But I wonder with CLU gone, will the MCP come back?

As in will Dillinger Jr. write an MCP like program to once again take over Encom and The Grid? We know he's a good programmer and just as sneaky as his father.

I hope Kevin Flynn will at least be somewhere in the movie. But I for sure want to see some light tank VS Reco battles! Now that would be so awesome and very cool.

The Grid a Physical Frontier funny Tron Videohttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaMViP_QtZ8

Kat
User

on Tuesday, January, 15, 2013 7:22 PM
As much as I really don't want to have any hand in yet another "this is what I hope happens in the next film" thread (really, can't we pick ONE and just keep posting in it???)...

laphtiya Wrote:Why do people keep thinking the grid was destroyed? All that was destroyed was the portal platform, you still see the Sea of Simulation clearly and some rocky area I think (working from memory here)
We don't know that. It sure as hell looked like nothing. They didn't show anything BUT Sea and rocks.

I always thought that if the Outlands were considered undeveloped area-- which I take to mean area with no coding, or perhaps unused hard drive space-- then what we see at the end IS indeed the entire Grid gone-- it's now all Outlands, perhaps as if the hard drive was wiped/reformatted. Just very basic data/code/whatever.

laphtiya Wrote: If not look at it this way, why would Sam even bother backing up a completely destroyed system? If the Grid was destroyed completely then the whole thing would have registered as a few kilobytes if that and he would have known there was nothing to back up.

How would Sam have any idea? He and Quorra had to have gotten out before the blast (otherwise they wouldn't have survived, yes?) He shouldn't have any clue what went on in the seconds after he got sucked through the portal, so he has no idea what may be left or what he may or may not be able to salvage.

What do you want? I'm busy.

Program, please!

Chaos.... good news.

MCPcomputer
User

on Tuesday, January, 15, 2013 9:34 PM

He backed up the Grid because Flynn is still IN there..
somewhere in one of those memories!

Remember even when hard drives get wiped out there are memories left over you can recover.
My bet is he is going to try to get his father back and out of these...
if he is alive even in a memory Sam is going to do a little hacking until
he gets a connection with that sucker....

As far as putting the threads in one.. No Kat.. the Master Control's Thread is the best.

The should all become part of my thread.. and together we will be complete.

END OF LINE

Argent
User

on Tuesday, January, 15, 2013 10:10 PM
Kat Wrote:As much as I really don't want to have any hand in yet another "this is what I hope happens in the next film" thread (really, can't we pick ONE and just keep posting in it???)...

laphtiya Wrote:Why do people keep thinking the grid was destroyed? All that was destroyed was the portal platform, you still see the Sea of Simulation clearly and some rocky area I think (working from memory here)
We don't know that. It sure as hell looked like nothing. They didn't show anything BUT Sea and rocks.

I always thought that if the Outlands were considered undeveloped area-- which I take to mean area with no coding, or perhaps unused hard drive space-- then what we see at the end IS indeed the entire Grid gone-- it's now all Outlands, perhaps as if the hard drive was wiped/reformatted. Just very basic data/code/whatever.

laphtiya Wrote: If not look at it this way, why would Sam even bother backing up a completely destroyed system? If the Grid was destroyed completely then the whole thing would have registered as a few kilobytes if that and he would have known there was nothing to back up.

How would Sam have any idea? He and Quorra had to have gotten out before the blast (otherwise they wouldn't have survived, yes?) He shouldn't have any clue what went on in the seconds after he got sucked through the portal, so he has no idea what may be left or what he may or may not be able to salvage.

You and I are usually on the same page where Legacy's concerned, but I think I'm going to have to respectfully disagree on this one. Though we see the area immediately around the portal get zeroed out (which handily disposed of Clu's carrier), I didn't have the impression that the shockwave swept all the way out Tron City and beyond before collapsing back in on itself. The last shot appears to show the blast reaching no further than the shore of the Sea of Simulation.

I also think laphtiya made a good point regarding the file transfer - apparently there was something substantial left for Sam to copy, which would seem to support the idea that the hard drive wasn't wiped.

I think the main issue for me personally, though, is that I'm not really sure why "reintegration" would trigger a catastrophic failure of the Grid. It's not like either Flynn or Clu were core elements of the code or anything - the Grid itself predated Clu's creation, after all. (And that's something I haven't seen people do much with, fiction-wise. What was life like on the Grid back before Flynn created Clu? How did the programs from that era feel about this new program, created in the Creator's image to act as his proxy? Was they in awe of him? Did some of them resent Clu for usurping their authority? Before he existed, they had no one looking over their collective shoulders whenever Flynn was off in the User world doing whatever mysterious things Users did...)

TRON.dll
User

on Tuesday, January, 15, 2013 11:57 PM
Anything can happen in sci-fi. "Life finds a way" and whatnot.

TRON 2.0 (PC) name - TRON.dll
I'll play any mode, but I'm best at LC.

PSN - TRON-dll
XBOX Live/Games for Windows Live - TRONdll
-I have a Wii, DS, and 3DS. PM me to exchange friend codes.

laphtiya
User

on Wednesday, January, 16, 2013 3:44 AM
Kat Wrote:How would Sam have any idea? He and Quorra had to have gotten out before the blast (otherwise they wouldn't have survived, yes?) He shouldn't have any clue what went on in the seconds after he got sucked through the portal, so he has no idea what may be left or what he may or may not be able to salvage.

In todays terms right click properties check file size. Also it something that would have destroyed the entire grid would probably have made the server trip perhaps the fact that it was still running gave him cause to back it up. Also you see what an undeveloped server looks like when Clu is created nothing there but a floor.

ArgentI think the main issue for me personally, though, is that I'm not really sure why "reintegration" would trigger a catastrophic failure of the Grid. It's not like either Flynn or Clu were core elements of the code or anything - the Grid itself predated Clu's creation, after all.

Perhaps its in the nature that Flynn created CLU, Flynn had to made CLU within in Grid I don't believe he did that whole mirror thing to be fancy about it. I mean it isn't like he hasn't created programs before right? No CLU needed something specific which required Flynn do go beyond just normal programming.abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

Argent
User

on Thursday, January, 17, 2013 7:52 AM
laphtiya Wrote:Perhaps its in the nature that Flynn created CLU, Flynn had to made CLU within in Grid I don't believe he did that whole mirror thing to be fancy about it. I mean it isn't like he hasn't created programs before right? No CLU needed something specific which required Flynn do go beyond just normal programming.

I'm under the impression that the "mirror" was a way for Flynn to capture his own mental state and thought processes to use as a base for Clu's.

Pilgrim1099
User

on Thursday, January, 17, 2013 9:38 AM
If Jeff Bridges does'nt get signed on, then it's possible they will go with CLU as a CGI character to sort of continue his role, but then again, using his likeness in fllm can be a problem if they are to compensate the actor for using his look.

If CLU continues, Bridges must continue his role. If there is NO CLU, he may or may not get signed on, depending on how they do the story.

Argent, as for the mirror thing, my take is that he actually did the coding on the outside traditionally by key and then he went inside the Grid to kind of 'download' the code and pull his program out. I suspect they're not quite 'dead' right after Sam got out of it with Quorra. The other thing to consider is Rinzler in the water.

Is he gonna swim ALL the way to the city? Or is someone going to have to dive for his body? This is another mess to consider. Does the Flynn/CLU explosion affect him? The shockwave must've because he's quite close by in the area.

budleighsalterton
User

on Thursday, January, 17, 2013 11:22 AM
I'm hoping Tron/Rinzler had a 'stick' for a submarine or a boat like we've seen in Uprising. Considering the time it took for the light sail and then flying to to I/O tower swimming seems unlikely to me.

Speculating is fun, isn't it?

Kat
User

on Thursday, January, 17, 2013 8:18 PM
Argent Wrote:You and I are usually on the same page where Legacy's concerned, but I think I'm going to have to respectfully disagree on this one. Though we see the area immediately around the portal get zeroed out (which handily disposed of Clu's carrier), I didn't have the impression that the shockwave swept all the way out Tron City and beyond before collapsing back in on itself. The last shot appears to show the blast reaching no further than the shore of the Sea of Simulation.
I think the biggest problem is that we don't know. They weren't clear about it. That's one of those things on my list of "We don't have enough info to know either way, so everybody just has to take their own interpretation."

Argent Wrote:I also think laphtiya made a good point regarding the file transfer - apparently there was something substantial left for Sam to copy, which would seem to support the idea that the hard drive wasn't wiped.

laphtiya Wrote:In todays terms right click properties check file size. Also it something that would have destroyed the entire grid would probably have made the server trip perhaps the fact that it was still running gave him cause to back it up. Also you see what an undeveloped server looks like when Clu is created nothing there but a floor.

I don't know to what extent Sam thought about it. Remember, he's just gone through a very emotional thing. And as I've pointed out before, that emotion certainly carries him through making a snap decision about taking over a huge international company-- something both he and Alan were in agreement was something he was NOT in a position to do successfully-- as well as possibly reopening the arcade. I don't consider he was thinking clearly at that point. It's possible he may have just taken whatever he could-- whether it was everything intact, or bits of broken code-- in the hopes there was something left. If you know your dad was in there, and you're not really sure what happened to him, is there anything in the world that will make you throw away ANYTHING you might be able to salvage? I'm actually surprised he even turned the machine off (although perhaps he did so because it WAS now unstable).

As far as the area where he created Clu-- simply from what we see in the films, we don't know what that is. We just know it seems to be a secluded area, but it could've been, say, an empty warehouse or something. (see below for more on this)

laphtiya Wrote:I think the main issue for me personally, though, is that I'm not really sure why "reintegration" would trigger a catastrophic failure of the Grid. It's not like either Flynn or Clu were core elements of the code or anything - the Grid itself predated Clu's creation, after all. (And that's something I haven't seen people do much with, fiction-wise. What was life like on the Grid back before Flynn created Clu? How did the programs from that era feel about this new program, created in the Creator's image to act as his proxy? Was they in awe of him? Did some of them resent Clu for usurping their authority? Before he existed, they had no one looking over their collective shoulders whenever Flynn was off in the User world doing whatever mysterious things Users did...)

I've not written on it-- and don't plan to-- but I've hinted before that at least some of the programs on the system may've felt Clu was just a Flynn substitute and would rather defer to Flynn if given the choice... which had to grate...

I guess it depends, too, on what Clu's role was. They may have seen him as Big Brother, or he may have just been the dude that kept things together and got shit done.

What I wanna know is what *Tron* thought about it (and Shaddox, if you wanna go with T:B). Here's Tron, keeping it all together in the Grid. Then Flynn's like "Hey, we're gonna need to create someone else." Why, Tron's not doing a good enough job? You ever been at work, thinking you're doing fine, until your boss is like "Hey, so-and-so's gonna help you." And you're like, "why, am I incompetent? You think I can't do my own job?" (and then what if the person who's supposed to help you looks and sounds just like your boss, or just like your friend or coworker...)

laphtiya Wrote:Perhaps its in the nature that Flynn created CLU, Flynn had to made CLU within in Grid I don't believe he did that whole mirror thing to be fancy about it. I mean it isn't like he hasn't created programs before right? No CLU needed something specific which required Flynn do go beyond just normal programming.

Pilgrim1099 Wrote:Argent, as for the mirror thing, my take is that he actually did the coding on the outside traditionally by key and then he went inside the Grid to kind of 'download' the code and pull his program out.

There's more on this in T:B, depending on how much you want to consider that to be canon. Flynn is shown coding from the outside, yes. Then he's on the Grid and he says, "I had to leave the main city for this. Creating something this unique could tear the Grid apart. So I'm going to have to get this right the first time."

So what's the mirror thing? Maybe he did the basics from the outside, and had to go in to put some essence of himself into Clu, some kind of "breathing life into him" metaphor or something. But again, this is from T:B. From what we see actually in the film... there's not much.
abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

What do you want? I'm busy.

Program, please!

Chaos.... good news.

Argent
User

on Thursday, January, 17, 2013 11:00 PM
Kat Wrote:I think the biggest problem is that we don't know. They weren't clear about it. That's one of those things on my list of "We don't have enough info to know either way, so everybody just has to take their own interpretation."

Fair enough.

Kat Wrote:I don't know to what extent Sam thought about it. Remember, he's just gone through a very emotional thing. And as I've pointed out before, that emotion certainly carries him through making a snap decision about taking over a huge international company-- something both he and Alan were in agreement was something he was NOT in a position to do successfully-- as well as possibly reopening the arcade. I don't consider he was thinking clearly at that point. It's possible he may have just taken whatever he could-- whether it was everything intact, or bits of broken code-- in the hopes there was something left. If you know your dad was in there, and you're not really sure what happened to him, is there anything in the world that will make you throw away ANYTHING you might be able to salvage? I'm actually surprised he even turned the machine off (although perhaps he did so because it WAS now unstable).

My thought on this was that with his father gone, backing up the files and shutting down the server was Sam's way of closing the door on that chapter of his life. He really didn't have any emotional connection to the Grid outside of his father and possibly Quorra. Now his father was gone and Quorra was out there in our world with him. Why keep it up and running? It would just be a reminder of the thing that had stolen away his father, and in the end, had ended up costing him his life.

Kat Wrote:I've not written on it-- and don't plan to-- but I've hinted before that at least some of the programs on the system may've felt Clu was just a Flynn substitute and would rather defer to Flynn if given the choice... which had to grate...

I guess it depends, too, on what Clu's role was. They may have seen him as Big Brother, or he may have just been the dude that kept things together and got shit done.

What I wanna know is what *Tron* thought about it (and Shaddox, if you wanna go with T:B). Here's Tron, keeping it all together in the Grid. Then Flynn's like "Hey, we're gonna need to create someone else." Why, Tron's not doing a good enough job? You ever been at work, thinking you're doing fine, until your boss is like "Hey, so-and-so's gonna help you." And you're like, "why, am I incompetent? You think I can't do my own job?" (and then what if the person who's supposed to help you looks and sounds just like your boss, or just like your friend or coworker...)

Given their division of duties - Clu being the admin in charge of planning and development, while Tron was head of security - I'm not sure there would be much cause for resentment on those grounds. I can definitely see it in the case of Shaddox, since his sphere of responsibility seemed to overlap more directly with Clu's.

I can definitely see some issues arising between Tron and Clu, though. I don't think it would be a stretch to say that Tron is Flynn's closest friend on the Grid, and arguably the program that knows him best. Then you have Clu, a program who speaks with Flynn's authority and would claim to know his feelings better than anyone, though this is something that's becoming increasingly less true as the two diverge over time. (And that makes me wonder how much of Clu's immutability was deliberate on Flynn's part, too. I mean, it would make sense for Flynn to take measures to ensure that Clu's personality didn't diverge radically from his own over time, considering how much subjective time was passing for Clu when Flynn was away. The only problem being that he never accounted for the possibility of his own values or beliefs undergoing a major shift...) What happens when Clu gives orders that Tron feels are at odds with what Flynn himself would want? Even before the coup, I imagine there were situations like this, and it had to have been pretty tense for both parties - Clu resenting any reluctance or questioning on Tron's part because he feels he's entitled to the same obedience and deference as Flynn himself, and Tron unwilling to disobey Clu outright, but never letting Clu forget that he is not and will never be a User...

Kat Wrote:There's more on this in T:B, depending on how much you want to consider that to be canon. Flynn is shown coding from the outside, yes. Then he's on the Grid and he says, "I had to leave the main city for this. Creating something this unique could tear the Grid apart. So I'm going to have to get this right the first time."

So what's the mirror thing? Maybe he did the basics from the outside, and had to go in to put some essence of himself into Clu, some kind of "breathing life into him" metaphor or something. But again, this is from T:B. From what we see actually in the film... there's not much.

I'm thinking that he coded some sort of shell from the console, then went into the system to extract the neural data from his scanned-in template and integrate it. The result being a program whose overall thought processes (though not memories) are based on a snapshot of Flynn's at the time of the "mirroring". There's not a lot in the way of an official explanation to go on, unfortunately. :/

Tzigone
User

on Friday, January, 18, 2013 7:19 AM
My thought on this was that with his father gone, backing up the files and shutting down the server was Sam's way of closing the door on that chapter of his life. He really didn't have any emotional connection to the Grid outside of his father and possibly Quorra. Now his father was gone and Quorra was out there in our world with him. Why keep it up and running? It would just be a reminder of the thing that had stolen away his father, and in the end, had ended up costing him his life.
I can't agree with that. If it was Sam's way of getting on with his life, he'd have shut down the server and not backed up the files. Backing up the files suggests that he is at least keeping the door open to doing something with the Grid in the future (even if that's just because it was part of his father's dream).

I also think the Grid can't have been 100% destroyed. Firstly, because we saw Tron light up again blue, and there's no reason for that to happen if not to keep open the possibility that he could be back later. Secondly, because they talked about how reintegration would destroy Flynn - they never said it would kill everyone else in the Grid, and I think that would have been worth mentioning as a reason Flynn hadn't done it.abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

Argent
User

on Friday, January, 18, 2013 7:44 AM
Tzigone Wrote:I can't agree with that. If it was Sam's way of getting on with his life, he'd have shut down the server and not backed up the files. Backing up the files suggests that he is at least keeping the door open to doing something with the Grid in the future (even if that's just because it was part of his father's dream).

I think that was more a matter of Sam feeling that there's a chance of somehow reconstituting his father from the remaining data than out of any attachment to the Grid itself. Though he seemed impressed by the fact his father had created a microcosmic universe, judging by his conversation with Quorra on the solar sailer, he saw Flynn's creation as a pale imitation of our world. He had no sentimental attachment to anyone there aside from his father and possibly Quorra - the other notable characters he encountered either betrayed him (Castor, Gem) or were actively trying to kill him (Rinzler, Clu) - so there's really not a whole lot there to draw him back. Would you really blame him for saying, "Look, I can't just chuck my dad's life's work, but I don't want to ever look at it again either. I'm just going to put it on my thumbdrive and stick it in a shoebox somewhere until the day comes when (or if) I'm ready to deal with it again"? We may think the Grid is awesome, but it's not like Sam's been given much reason to care for the place.

That's not to say that his feelings aren't going to change a couple of years down the line, mind you. But as of the end of Legacy, that's where I felt Sam's head was at.
order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

CardioFunk
User

on Friday, January, 18, 2013 7:48 AM
Pilgrim1099 Wrote:The other thing to consider is Rinzler in the water.

Is he gonna swim ALL the way to the city? Or is someone going to have to dive for his body? This is another mess to consider. Does the Flynn/CLU explosion affect him? The shockwave must've because he's quite close by in the area.
They shouldn't name the next movie Tron without actually being about Tron in some way. Although that thought didn't prevent Nintendo from making a Zelda game without Zelda in it.

I don't think programs worry about breathing air. So he could walk across the ocean floor like the ISO's did. Perhaps the ISO's will come back with Tron, or have some kind of base hidden under the sea of simulation. Although something like that would be easy to find from outside the Grid, and not so obvious to Clu.

MCPcomputer
User

on Friday, January, 18, 2013 2:54 PM
Pilgrim1099 Wrote:If Jeff Bridges does'nt get signed on, then it's possible they will go with CLU as a CGI character to sort of continue his role, but then again, using his likeness in fllm can be a problem if they are to compensate the actor for using his look.

If CLU continues, Bridges must continue his role. If there is NO CLU, he may or may not get signed on, depending on how they do the story.

Argent, as for the mirror thing, my take is that he actually did the coding on the outside traditionally by key and then he went inside the Grid to kind of 'download' the code and pull his program out. I suspect they're not quite 'dead' right after Sam got out of it with Quorra. The other thing to consider is Rinzler in the water.

I hope Jeff Bridges gets signed on... I mean how will he not?
How can it truly be Tron without Jeff Bridges ???

Also if he comes back as CLU... at least we get to hear this voice...
also I hope some rebel programs steal some recos...
then CLU has to get in a light tank.. and fight them...

One way or the other... I want Jeff Bridges in a tank..
fighting Recos.. weather he is Flynn or CLU...

I NEED THAT!
order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

Tzigone
User

on Sunday, January, 20, 2013 3:57 PM
They shouldn't name the next movie Tron without actually being about Tron in some way.
I actually wondered if that was part of the motivation for "TRON city" and "TRON system" - so the sequels could be about TRON and not Tron. But were those names ever used in the movie, or just other media? I have no problem with the movie not being about Tron, myself, as he was only a strong secondary, not the primary character, even in the first movie. The sequels (and games) have "TRON" in the title to connect to the first movie, not the character, IMO.where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

Page: of 2 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON: LEGACY