TRON: LEGACY 
 Garrett Hedlund aka Sam Flynn Back for TRON 3

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments: FirstPrevious Page: of 3 PagesNextLast
Tzigone
User

RE: Garrett Hedlund aka Sam Flynn Back for TRON 3

on Saturday, December, 15, 2012 8:14 AM
While I agree it would be nice if they brought (only) one or two of them back, I don't think that they need to, that's all, especially if making this concession to fans means a compromise that weakens the overall film.
I tend to agree, even though I'd love to see Roy and Lora again. Or at least get mentions of them. The movie needs to be a sequel to Legacy, not a direct/immediate sequel to TRON. I think that because that's what the mainstream audience will remember (if they even remember Legacy) and because I think Legacy was baton-passing and I don't think they need to hand the baton back.

I, personally, would love to see Alan in a really major role, but for a more successful movie (and especially if they are going to have more movies), I think they'd be better served to make Alan (and Lora or Roy, if they appear) support roles and keep Sam and Quorra (and Tron or some other new young character, if they want another trio) as the main roles along with the bad guy. I'd love for Alan to be the third in the trio, but I don't think it's necessarily the smart thing to do.

If it was a television series, they'd have so much more time, and could do so much more, but it's a movie and they have a limited amount of screen-time and plot to work with and it shouldn't be spread out amongst too many characters. If they interweave, instead of bookending, the real-world bits, they'd have a little more flexibility, I think. But that's not they way TRON has worked, so far.

I'm not against fan-service cameos, per se, but only if they can be done well and unobtrusively. I think the Lora or Roy would be easier/better to use than Yori and Ram. I don't especially want to see the MCP again, but that was what the Easter Egg indicated, and I'm fine with it. But there shouldn't be anything that is a negative for the general audience (confusing, annoying, purposeless, etc.) in order to serve the hardcore fans. In-jokes, cameos, etc. are fine, but not if they make the movie worse for the majority of the audience.

Kaisergrendel
User

on Saturday, December, 15, 2012 8:22 AM
^^^ You said it better than I could.order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pill

Kat
User

on Saturday, December, 15, 2012 9:30 AM
Kaisergrendel Wrote:
lifeasis Wrote:It make the film much more interesting that's why. Why not?

Honestly? They already brought BB and JB back, which is by itself impressive, but people don't seem to be satisfied with that. They say that they want Sark, MCP, Dillinger, Yori, RAM and even the bits to come back, over and over again. Sometimes it sounds like some are asking for a Tron with updated graphics. To me it seems a little shortsighted; nostalgia over artistic integrity. I don't want to see users fight the MCP again, I want to see something new, etc, etc.

While I agree it would be nice if they brought (only) one or two of them back, I don't think that they need to, that's all, especially if making this concession to fans means a compromise that weakens the overall film.

They only person they didn't bring back that I think they need to is Cindy Morgan-- simply because any of the *plausible* scenarios I can come up with for why Lora's not around, I don't like (her and Alan splitting up, her being dead. I feel the same way about Yori, but I understand there are logistical problems with bringing her back-- the de-aging thing. Though my offer to be her body if they decide to do it still stands, lol). Otherwise I definitely agree with you... bringing back characters we dont' even really see on screen and only hear their voice for a few seconds? (Shor) Characters that definitely died in the first film? (Ram, Sark, MCP) I love the first film, I love nostalgia, but i think it can go too far. Really I don't need to go further 'cause you pretty much said everything I feel about it.

If we want a nostalgia-fest, bring them all back for a panel at a con, or make a short of an interview with them all on a making-of, or even a short comedy clip of Alan and Flynn playing lightcycles in their wheelchairs in the old-folks home or something, which would be fun AND funny. Somebody did that pic a while back of the actors from The Princess Bride, which satisfied my nostalgia without needing another film about Westley and Buttercup and their grandkids.

What do you want? I'm busy.

Program, please!

Chaos.... good news.

MCPcomputer
User

on Saturday, December, 15, 2012 8:32 PM

Wow great news! But the question is where will Kevin Flynn be in it?

I hope they bring Jeff Bridges back..
he is awesome!abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

"I want him in the games until he dies playing" -MCP
The Grid a Physical Frontier funny Tron Videohttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaMViP_QtZ8

1982program
User

on Sunday, December, 16, 2012 11:21 AM
Of course Olivia Wilde will be in it. I'm sure her contractual obligation,, and increased star status since T:L was released, is a large reason that the 3rd movie is moving forward.

Fygee
User

on Wednesday, December, 19, 2012 2:35 AM
I hate to be a downer, but if the best movies the writer of this movie has produced are Eragon and Peter and the Starcatchers, I think we might be in trouble here.

I'm still very excited about Tron 3 being a go, but that gives me pause.

As for Garrett Hedlund, I hope he's a lot less wooden and generic next time around.

Kat
User

on Wednesday, December, 19, 2012 6:24 PM
Fygee Wrote:
As for Garrett Hedlund, I hope he's a lot less wooden and generic next time around.

TBH with you? Except for the last few minutes of the film, I thought Bridges was rather more guilty of this...

Program, please!

Chaos.... good news.

TRON.dll
User

on Wednesday, December, 19, 2012 7:10 PM
Kat Wrote:
Fygee Wrote:

TBH with you? Except for the last few minutes of the film, I thought Bridges was rather more guilty of this...

Bridges wasn't really wooden. I'd say he was more guilty of playing the role of The Dude instead of Kevin Flynn.order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

TRON 2.0 (PC) name - TRON.dll
I'll play any mode, but I'm best at LC.

PSN - TRON-dll
XBOX Live/Games for Windows Live - TRONdll
-I have a Wii, DS, and 3DS. PM me to exchange friend codes.

MCPcomputer
User

on Wednesday, December, 19, 2012 8:57 PM

That is just great and such wonderful news!
But the question is....

is Kevin Flynn going to be in the next Tron?
that is all that I want to know!!!

END OF LINE order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pill

"I want him in the games until he dies playing" -MCP
The Grid a Physical Frontier funny Tron Videohttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaMViP_QtZ8

Kat
User

on Wednesday, December, 19, 2012 10:39 PM
TRON.dll Wrote:
Bridges wasn't really wooden. I'd say he was more guilty of playing the role of The Dude instead of Kevin Flynn.

Yeah, there was that too. When I first heard that apparently he got to build a lot of the character/dialogue, I thought "Yeah, um, that was a bad idea." But no, I just felt like Flynn came across as a bit hokey, esoteric to the point of being incomprehensible. There were a few parts where I felt the character really had something genuine (mostly in his interactions with Sam), but most of the time it just seemed like a bunch of ambiguous new-age spoutings, and if i wanted that I'd go to my favorite metaphysical bookstore.abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

Program, please!

Chaos.... good news.

Traahn
User

on Wednesday, December, 19, 2012 11:31 PM
I rather enjoyed Hedlund's and Bridges' performances Actually, I enjoyed all performances.

I'm getting out of here right now, and you guys are invited. -----^

Traahn
User

on Wednesday, December, 19, 2012 11:31 PM
(Removing duplicate post caused by forum issue. I got a "Post: Argument 'Expression' is not a valid value" error, making me think it didn't save the first time.)

Pilgrim1099
User

on Thursday, December, 20, 2012 12:23 AM
Kat Wrote:
Kaisergrendel Wrote:

Honestly? They already brought BB and JB back, which is by itself impressive, but people don't seem to be satisfied with that. They say that they want Sark, MCP, Dillinger, Yori, RAM and even the bits to come back, over and over again. Sometimes it sounds like some are asking for a Tron with updated graphics. To me it seems a little shortsighted; nostalgia over artistic integrity. I don't want to see users fight the MCP again, I want to see something new, etc, etc.

They only person they didn't bring back that I think they need to is Cindy Morgan-- simply because any of the *plausible* scenarios I can come up with for why Lora's not around, I don't like (her and Alan splitting up, her being dead. I feel the same way about Yori, but I understand there are logistical problems with bringing her back-- the de-aging thing. Though my offer to be her body if they decide to do it still stands, lol). Otherwise I definitely agree with you... bringing back characters we dont' even really see on screen and only hear their voice for a few seconds? (Shor) Characters that definitely died in the first film? (Ram, Sark, MCP) I love the first film, I love nostalgia, but i think it can go too far. Really I don't need to go further 'cause you pretty much said everything I feel about it.

If we want a nostalgia-fest, bring them all back for a panel at a con, or make a short of an interview with them all on a making-of, or even a short comedy clip of Alan and Flynn playing lightcycles in their wheelchairs in the old-folks home or something, which would be fun AND funny. Somebody did that pic a while back of the actors from The Princess Bride, which satisfied my nostalgia without needing another film about Westley and Buttercup and their grandkids.

No, here's a better idea. Having a scene of Dillinger in his wheelchair arguing with Kevin Flynn over their work ethics and how to code properly, trying to out-correct each other on their job over algorithims, while Sam and Dillinger Jr roll their eyes up with massive face palms.

on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill online

Traahn
User

on Thursday, December, 20, 2012 12:58 AM
Star Wars had its loveable mainstays through at least three films: Luke, Han, Chewy, Leia, Vader, I wish we could have the same with Tron characters for at least another film or two, and I see nothing wrong with that.

Sadly, Tron didn't get a sequel a couple or few years after it came out, like Star Wars did. Had it, they could've (and might have) more easily reprised some of the roles, like Yori, Dumont, Walter, Dillinger, Sark, Ram, Bit, Lora, etc., and all would probably be well nowadays from a nostalgia perspective. As it stands, though, Tron didn't get a sequel until 30 years later, and there's a bit of a nostalgic void there with the characters now since T:L left some good ones out. Star Wars has no void. As a T82 fan who feels T:L fell short of living up to some expectations set by T82, I'm perfectly okay with feeling that it'd be cool if T3 had MCP2, Dillinger/Sark-like characters, Flynn, Alan, Rerezzed Ram, Yori, Lora and enivroments/circuitry more reminiscent of T82.

The Tron franchise deserves to have its loveable mainstays from the first film as much as Star Wars did; even if story-wise it'll be more difficult (not impossible) to craft a good story to do so. I guess I'm not yet ready for Tron Legacy style and characters to completely take over the franchise and roll into the future, completely leaving T82 (the franchise's roots and foundation) in the dust.abortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

Kaisergrendel
User

on Thursday, December, 20, 2012 7:21 AM
Fygee Wrote:I hate to be a downer, but if the best movies the writer of this movie has produced are Eragon and Peter and the Starcatchers, I think we might be in trouble here.

I shit you not, right now the Lost writers seem like movie gold compared to this guy's credentials. Seriously hope we're wrong.order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

Theflynnabides
User

on Thursday, December, 20, 2012 8:48 AM
And all this time I'm wondering why Disney didn't hire Bill Wolkoff, writer of Scars Part 1 and 2.

Yea, well, that's just like, your opinion, man...

retrorandy
User

on Thursday, December, 20, 2012 3:03 PM
Lots of great points and comments being made in this thread. Have you seen Cindy and Bruce together at appearances? They are so much fun together (great chemistry) & I think that bringing both of them back would bring some of that to the big screen. Plus, they're both wonderfully talented and experienced (non wooden) actors!

AND YES PLEASE for the love of everything TRON bring the writers from TRON Uprising onboard. That series rocks!

Heck, I'd even be happy if they took more of the aesthetics (love the color, creativity & originality) from TRON Uprising and translated that into TRON 3. Why does the world inside the computer have to be so dark, rubber suit wearing, and somber?

Also, have you seen people in their 50's & 60's? Heck, even 70's. They aren't ready for the wheelchairs or nursing home yet or ever. Even the newish Disney movie studio head Alan Horn is 69. order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

Theflynnabides
User

on Thursday, December, 20, 2012 4:49 PM
retrorandy Wrote:Heck, I'd even be happy if they took more of the aesthetics (love the color, creativity & originality) from TRON Uprising and translated that into TRON 3. Why does the world inside the computer have to be so dark, rubber suit wearing, and somber?

It's a good visceral visual style, but taking a page out of Uprising's visual style would be good.

I think I read somewhere that they have plans to shift the way the world of Tron looks for Tron 3. Maybe something visually similar to Purgos, with more realish textures, lighting and colours?

Theflynnabides
User

on Thursday, December, 20, 2012 4:53 PM
Kat Wrote:Yeah, there was that too. When I first heard that apparently he got to build a lot of the character/dialogue, I thought "Yeah, um, that was a bad idea." But no, I just felt like Flynn came across as a bit hokey, esoteric to the point of being incomprehensible. There were a few parts where I felt the character really had something genuine (mostly in his interactions with Sam), but most of the time it just seemed like a bunch of ambiguous new-age spoutings, and if i wanted that I'd go to my favorite metaphysical bookstore.

I can't believe you think Sam is a good character yet Kevin was hokey. Flynn spent upwards of 20,000 years inside of his own metaphysical, mindblowingly amazing creation, forced into hiding by his own codified likeliness utility, which is basically Flynn if he were unable to change his mind. He witnessed the genocide of the ISO's, who are sentient life-forms that he had a part in creating. Of course he'd be esoteric and new-age. He went through some heavy, heavy, heaaaavy stuff.

BanditTron
User

on Thursday, December, 20, 2012 6:36 PM
Kaisergrendel Wrote:

I think a lot of the classic stuff was brought back.
-Kevin Flynn
-Alan Bradley
-Classic Lightcycles in Sam's Room (and the Encom 786 kinda counts)
-The BITs on the mantle(Jarvis could also be a BIT evolved)
-The TRON arcade game
-Classic Lightcycle rezz sound used as part of the new lightcycle rezz
-They mention Dillinger and his "notable" career with Encom

...really, I could go on and on about how much was put in there for all the 82 fanboys to catch. But it is wise for Kosinski to not to completely back peddle into the 82 world. It wouldn't make that much sense in the Grid as it was portrayed in Legacy since it was created in the sense of making it "Perfect".

As for Garrett, I think he was great. Could someone else have done better?...who knows and I guess we never will. I think he did a wonderful job of being the flawed hero.

abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

FirstPrevious Page: of 3 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON: LEGACY 
 Garrett Hedlund aka Sam Flynn Back for TRON 3