Forums (I/O Tower)
Forums 
  General Discussion 
 TRON 3 is Rezzing Up for the Big Screen!

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments: FirstPrevious Page: of 4 PagesNextLast
Tzigone
User

RE: TRON 3 is Rezzing Up for the Big Screen!

on Thursday, December, 06, 2012 7:09 AM
This is good news. I'm hoping for answers on the ISOs. And I'd love to see a little more of Alan. I actually would like it if Clu and Flynn were both actually dead and not coming back (I feel the emotional weight of the reintegration scene is lost otherwise), but I fully expect Flynn to be back in some capacity. Hopefully, Clu won't be. Tron wasn't the main character in the first movie, and wasn't there much in the second. I guess if Clu isn't back this time, they can spend more money digitally de-aging Boxleitner. I like Tron as a character, but I'm also okay with seeing less of him, given his program status, and the reality of the years that have passed. And I'd rather see more Alan. I'm sadly more interested in the real-world side of things, and I know those have to subordinate to the digital world events in a TRON movie.

I hope we at least get a Lora cameo, though. I know Legacy was baton-passing, and I'm very good with that. I want Sam and Quorra to be the primary characters. But I want to Alan in a larger secondary role that he had last time. And a little Roy would be nice, too. The Easter egg on the dvd was so for old-school fans, though, so maybe the next movie will have more of that sort of thing.

A lot also depends on timing. If it's sooner after Sam takes over, then the Encom issues could play in nicely. I'm torn, because I want to see Alan react to the digital world and so on. But skipping a little time lets us get all Quorra's little discoveries out of the way, gets the characters installed in their new offices/business roles, and maybe lets stock calm down a little. I do hope it's been less than a year, though. Else, I'll feel like Sam and Quorra aren't really doing anything.

So, do you think Encom's system or Flynn's for the new movie? I'd more expect Flynn's because that's what the new audience/casual movie goers gained with Legacy would be expecting. But since Sam seemingly saved it, it should be static and frozen until he puts it on an actual computer.

Overmind
User

on Thursday, December, 06, 2012 7:18 AM
That ENCOM serverfarm would be a nice place to install that chip he got aound his neck
I want to see the net.

---------------------------------------------
That would be all!

ShadowDragon1
User

on Thursday, December, 06, 2012 7:50 AM
I hope we hear something about pre-production starting soon from Joseph Kosinski or Daniel Simon mention *something* soon....

"The film is about finding human connection in an increasingly digital world." - Joseph Kosinski

cirlin
User

on Thursday, December, 06, 2012 9:24 AM
cirlin Wrote:Given the time frame it seems more likely it will be in 2016 though. I guess it's possible it could make a very late 2015 opening, but '16 still seems more likely.
Actually I don't know what I was thinking. 2015 makes the most sense. I think I forgot about 2014 for some reason. You'd think I'd have this whole counting thing down by now but...abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

Pilgrim1099
User

on Thursday, December, 06, 2012 9:29 AM
KiaPurity Wrote:Should be interesting-- though, I'm kind of curious as to where they can go with the story after the events of Tron Legacy.

Tron was all about the computers and I'm not comfortable with what happened in Tron Legacy... especially towards the ending.

That ending opened up a can of worms that needs to be contained FAST in order for Tron 3 to work effectively. Thank the Users they have a new writing team without the LOST boys.

Pilgrim1099
User

on Thursday, December, 06, 2012 9:34 AM
Sagitta Wrote:Would be even better if Tron were actually Tron who is actually in this new Tron film too.

You mean Post-Rinzler? Yeah, they'll get to that. The writers have to figure out how to progress from the point of where he's in the Sea of Simulation to somewhere. They have to solve that problem for the story to work. But if Sam has to get his father back, they have to get his pieces together and the ONLY way to do it is to re-program CLU from scratch because he carries similar DNA structure that Kevin Flynn has as a "digital hound dog".

Or use Tron's 'tracking' talents. I noticed now that Dyson had tracking skills in Scars, but Tron in Uprising DID. NOT. until he became Rinzler.

Interesting, yes?

Pilgrim1099
User

on Thursday, December, 06, 2012 9:35 AM
Tzigone Wrote:This is good news. I'm hoping for answers on the ISOs. And I'd love to see a little more of Alan. I actually would like it if Clu and Flynn were both actually dead and not coming back (I feel the emotional weight of the reintegration scene is lost otherwise), but I fully expect Flynn to be back in some capacity. Hopefully, Clu won't be. Tron wasn't the main character in the first movie, and wasn't there much in the second. I guess if Clu isn't back this time, they can spend more money digitally de-aging Boxleitner. I like Tron as a character, but I'm also okay with seeing less of him, given his program status, and the reality of the years that have passed. And I'd rather see more Alan. I'm sadly more interested in the real-world side of things, and I know those have to subordinate to the digital world events in a TRON movie.

I hope we at least get a Lora cameo, though. I know Legacy was baton-passing, and I'm very good with that. I want Sam and Quorra to be the primary characters. But I want to Alan in a larger secondary role that he had last time. And a little Roy would be nice, too. The Easter egg on the dvd was so for old-school fans, though, so maybe the next movie will have more of that sort of thing.

A lot also depends on timing. If it's sooner after Sam takes over, then the Encom issues could play in nicely. I'm torn, because I want to see Alan react to the digital world and so on. But skipping a little time lets us get all Quorra's little discoveries out of the way, gets the characters installed in their new offices/business roles, and maybe lets stock calm down a little. I do hope it's been less than a year, though. Else, I'll feel like Sam and Quorra aren't really doing anything.

So, do you think Encom's system or Flynn's for the new movie? I'd more expect Flynn's because that's what the new audience/casual movie goers gained with Legacy would be expecting. But since Sam seemingly saved it, it should be static and frozen until he puts it on an actual computer.

Quorra has to go back to the Grid. No way can she last long in the real world without getting "homesick". If they explore the Real World and the Grid in Tron 3, it will have to be a 3 hour movie in order to contain all the plot holes to be fixed from Legacy. That's the only way to do it. 2 hours is NOT enough. Seriously. where to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

Pilgrim1099
User

on Thursday, December, 06, 2012 9:39 AM
Overmind Wrote:That ENCOM serverfarm would be a nice place to install that chip he got aound his neck
I want to see the net.

That's EXACTLY what I mentioned in the last two years. It's the logical next step as the only way to interact with the ENCOM Tron, not the 1989 version of Tron that Flynn had in his server, although both might cross paths. It'll be a twist to the 'immigration' of programs to the ENCOM server.

The ISOs did that on Flynn's server and look what CLU did.

Now, turn this around and what would ENCOM Tron do if he saw a huge migration from Sam's chip including Rinzler? Imagine that. He would go "Now, who the hell are these programs? Where are they coming from?"

Cyberwolven
User

on Thursday, December, 06, 2012 12:01 PM
This sounds like good news. I hope they don't rush through the production like they did with Legacy. Legacy came out a year earlier than they planned it.

That's just a pet peeve with me though. Big name companies tend not to understand that you can't rush studios if you want a good movie.

I'm cold and calculating. Don't press my buttons.

Tzigone
User

on Thursday, December, 06, 2012 12:43 PM
Quorra has to go back to the Grid. No way can she last long in the real world without getting "homesick". If they explore the Real World and the Grid in Tron 3, it will have to be a 3 hour movie in order to contain all the plot holes to be fixed from Legacy. That's the only way to do it. 2 hours is NOT enough. Seriously.
I do not want Quorra getting homesick. There's little reason for her to be. The only person left in her life is Sam - everyone else is dead/de-rezzed. There was a totalitarian regime bent on the genocide of her the kind for the vast majority of her life. The place that housed her people was destroyed. There's nothing for her to go back to.

I agree they must go back to the Grid (or a system, anyway). I agree there will be little real-world activity (unfortunately). But I absolutely do not want the motivation to be homesickness or any desire on Quorra's part to live in a world other than the one she's in now.

tronprogram
Sector Admin

on Thursday, December, 06, 2012 1:36 PM
While some news is not a bad thing, the writer mentioned here really isn't doing anything for me. And, at this stage TRON 3 could still easily be canned, no matter how many drafts the script goes through.

I'll believe more is happening when its announced. Until then, I remain cautious.

"Like the man said, there's no problems, only solutions"-Kevin Flynn, prior to his entry into the electronic world- 1982

Overmind
User

on Thursday, December, 06, 2012 2:02 PM
SDCC13 is The place, if greenlit, we will see an anounsement. A preeteaser, logoanimation. Something. Hopefully.

---------------------------------------------
That would be all!

wrcousert
User

on Thursday, December, 06, 2012 2:22 PM
I hope they don't screw it up. Done right, this could be bigger than The Matrix. Bigger than The Avengers.

What do you guys think about some sort of Wreck-It Ralph cameo? Both movies are centered around sentient video game characters.

KidFlash
User

on Thursday, December, 06, 2012 4:54 PM
Honestly, I'm shocked they're still trying.to get a third film off the ground.

Traahn Wrote:Nice! Hopefully it doesn't get released in the winter, where the entire Eastern US could be frozen and unable to attend the movie like last time. Tron Legacy could've probably grossed a fair amount more if the East wasn't frozen/snowy.

Actually, I think another Christmas release is fairly sensible. I mean, you'd have to think that the Marvel stuff and Star Wars are pretty much Disney's summer tentpoles from here on out.

Sure, the weather affected its grosses, but the timeframe also gave it room that it just won't have in the summer. I doubt it would have cleared $170m in the summertime. That $48m opening weekend and mixed word-of-mouth would have probably been a $120m final gross without the two-week holiday boost.

Think about how fast the turnover is in the summertime, as it's very rare for a film to just linger. A mid-December opening of $60m pretty much guarantees $200 and change. In the summer, that's maybe $180 if word of mouth is steady.

(Sincere apologies for the minutia, I love following box office.)

Rahyuht
User

on Thursday, December, 06, 2012 5:22 PM
I'm kinda looking forward to It,but sometimes they just need to leave a Movie alone.

I was shocked well hoping Tron Legacy was gonna be as good as the original & yeah It was pretty good.Now they might need to just leave It where It's at.They better have one heck of a script.I'm just worried that the 3rd one Is gonna bomb.Tron - Tron Legacy was what a 20-30 year timeline.Plenty of time to make a good story.If they do anything & keep going with this.Find Kevin If he's not dead,beat the bad guy whoever It Is make a better world.Just wrap It up no lose ends & call It a Trilogy & never touch It again.

Well maybe again,but not for another 20-30 years :P
By that time I bet you 100% It gets remade lol stupid Hollywood.

BanditTron
User

on Thursday, December, 06, 2012 5:35 PM
Bring back David Warner to voice a reinstalled MCP and have Dillinger jr transported to the Grid as a Sark 2.0 and I'll be a happy Camper. Cillian has the chops to be a great antagonist.

Flynn316
User

on Thursday, December, 06, 2012 9:07 PM
David Warner hates TRON but I wonder if $$$$$ would change his mind.

abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

This town is full of live ones!!

1982program
User

on Thursday, December, 06, 2012 9:40 PM
Great news, really excited! Just when I thought the tunnel was getting dark.

The more I watch Legacy, the more I like it. It really holds up to repeated viewings, just like the original Tron. This is awesome!!!!

Kat
User

on Thursday, December, 06, 2012 10:02 PM
Pilgrim1099 Wrote:
KiaPurity Wrote:Should be interesting-- though, I'm kind of curious as to where they can go with the story after the events of Tron Legacy.

Tron was all about the computers and I'm not comfortable with what happened in Tron Legacy... especially towards the ending.

That ending opened up a can of worms that needs to be contained FAST in order for Tron 3 to work effectively. Thank the Users they have a new writing team without the LOST boys.
I'm... not even sure how they'll reconcile that ending for a new film, without doing what seems a lot of retconning. Which they already seem to be working on. They blow up a couple characters... what fancy resurrection scene would we have to have to bring them back? (plus as many others have said before-- it would kind of ruin the emotional impact of the end of the movie, wouldn't it?) As much as I'd like to see what happened in my Afterward fic-bit, that too kills the emotional impact AND it makes the whole thing anticlimactic-- he was trapped in there all that time for no reason?

Then you have the hero you technically didn't kill but probably should because there isn't movie time enough to deal with the emotional fallout of everything he went through, and to ignore it and have him pop up and be all okay would be so shallow it's not even funny. Plus you're gonna have to de-age his actor big-time unless you're going to come up with a good reason for him to keep the helmet.

Then you have the character whose specialness still needs to be established (and in a non-hokey way), who has spent the equivalent of thousands of years in a place where she never ages or gets sick and the worst thing one individual can do to another is smash them to smithereens and half the crime we know doesn't exist, and then you throw her in a world where her body's about to start falling apart and people contract diseases that turn them into walking wastelands and drug cartels feed people into wood chippers and people beat the crap out of their SOs and kids and animals and there are dictators that make Clu look like your cookie-baking auntie, and expect her NOT to go absolutely nuts? (Think The Fifth Element only far, far worse.)

I dunno. Y'all are well aware that I think that the further Disney takes this franchise, the stranger it gets and the further away from the first film, so... I don't think they left much space at the end of T:L for a plausible sequel, and now they're going to try it... But how many times can I really beat that dead horse? You've all heard me say it so many times you can probably quote me in your sleep, so, yeah.

What do you want? I'm busy.

Program, please!

Chaos.... good news.

Sagitta
User

on Thursday, December, 06, 2012 11:21 PM
Pilgrim1099 Wrote:
Sagitta Wrote:Would be even better if Tron were actually Tron who is actually in this new Tron film too.

You mean Post-Rinzler? Yeah, they'll get to that. The writers have to figure out how to progress from the point of where he's in the Sea of Simulation to somewhere. They have to solve that problem for the story to work.

Sounds rather awkward...to not have a character in the movie when his name happens to be the main title, so I hope he's in it anyway. Tron has some soul-searching/emotion journey to do if he did survive the Sea of Simulation. However we don't know yet how much he actually will remember if the writers take that route. (Though I somewhat suspect he would remember quite a bit.) Would love some interaction between him and his User.

Pilgrim1099 Wrote:But if Sam has to get his father back, they have to get his pieces together and the ONLY way to do it is to re-program CLU from scratch because he carries similar DNA structure that Kevin Flynn has as a "digital hound dog".

Would it even be possible for Flynn to be reconstructed. Even if they restructure and reprogram Clu he would essentially be more like a a clone of some sort....if even that. That issue itself presents an ethical dilemma.

The writers would be more interested in exploring what Kevin's interest in the ISOs and how they would be the "saviours of humanity" (something I never was comfortable with, Sounded too much like Kevin was for exploiting them) would have been now that one had actually crossed over.

Pilgrim1099 Wrote:Or use Tron's 'tracking' talents. I noticed now that Dyson had tracking skills in Scars, but Tron in Uprising DID. NOT. until he became Rinzler.

Interesting, yes?

So noted. Would be interesting to find out how that happened. *whistle*on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill onlinewhere to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

FirstPrevious Page: of 4 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  General Discussion 
 TRON 3 is Rezzing Up for the Big Screen!