Other Games 
 Tron fighting game

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 3 PagesNextLast
TRON.dll
User

Tron fighting game

on Sunday, November, 04, 2012 10:11 PM
Just an idea I've been throwing around, sort of inspired by a lot of the fight scenes in Legacy and Uprising. If I have some free time (probably whenever I get off school for the winter break), I might see what I can do. In the meantime, I thought it might be cool to get some community discussion going on this idea. Maybe we can get a sort of mini-design document going? Post ideas for the game and roster/attack stuff and I'll update this post to (hopefully) something comprehensible.

ATTACK INPUTS:

Low Punch (LP) - Deals a low-level punch
High Punch (HP) - Deals a high-level punch
Low Kick (LK) - Deals a low-level kick
High Kick (HK) - Deals a high-level kick
Low Disc (LD) - Throws disc at low level
High Disc (HD) - Throws disc at high level
Block (B) - Blocks attacks at level of current stance (high or low)
Special (S) - For executing a unique special attack that depletes part of the player's special meter

USER INTERFACE:

Time remaining - Amount of time left in the match
Player 1/2 health - Amount of health left for each player
Player 1/2 special meter - A meter that is increased with every hit taken or dealt, used for executing special attacks. Contains three bars.

PROPOSED ROSTER:

Beck
Tron
Tesler
Dyson

MOVELISTS FOR PROPOSED CHARACTERS:

Beck

Smoke bomb - LD + Down - Stuns other player temporarily if in range, leaving them open for attacks. Stunned player stands and does a coughing animation.
Stun bomb - HD + Foward - Stuns other player temporarily if in range, leaving them open for attacks. Stunned player falls to the ground.

Tron

Confirmed, Alan 1 - Foward & Up + S (requires 3 special bars) - Tron swings his disc horizontally. If other player is hit, they will fly into the air above Tron and freeze as Tron lifts his disc up into the air in a way similar to the I/O Tower scene from the first movie. Tron shouts "Confirmed, Alan 1!" as a beam of light shoots through the affected player, causing heavy damage. The other player lands on the ground on the other side of Tron afterwards.
Disc grab - HP + LP (Grab) - Tron reaches out for the other player. If hit, Tron will grab the other player's disc and slash them with both his and the other character's disc. The other character's disc falls to the ground afterwards as they pick it up.

Tesler

Dyson
order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pill

TRON 2.0 (PC) name - TRON.dll
I'll play any mode, but I'm best at LC.

PSN - TRON-dll
XBOX Live/Games for Windows Live - TRONdll
-I have a Wii, DS, and 3DS. PM me to exchange friend codes.

KingJ.exe
User

RE: Tron fighting game

on Sunday, November, 04, 2012 11:38 PM
Interesting idea. Something like Street Fighter is what I'm thinking. Maybe with Disk and No-Disk settings, with different fight moves for each. Of course, disk ending ends with someone dead, no-disk just KOed. You could have characters from both movies and Uprising for player characters. I'd help if I was any good with this sorta thing, outside of ideas and play testing.on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill onlineorder abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

Watch me stream TRON 2.0 on my YouTube channel!
https://gaming.youtube.com/channel/UCvvT-h8JK4w1xgKavs35WHg/live

Find the archive here:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLf9ZcCtZm_CjonNAjms4wKN-p6UuiCMgZ

TRON.dll
User

on Sunday, November, 04, 2012 11:45 PM
I was thinking there could be like six attack buttons, low and high punches and kicks, and then a low and high unique attack. So like some characters would do some kind of disc attack for their unique move, while maybe Dyson could use the disc attached to a string for his unique move, and so on.

If I were to make this, I'd probably want to use the Uprising art style. A lot of the inspiration for this comes from Uprising's fight scenes and animation style.where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

PSN - TRON-dll

LORD_Z3DD
User

on Monday, November, 05, 2012 9:07 AM

The problem about a fighting game is that all the characters would fight the same, but let's see

The roaster:

From the Original Tron: -An MCP guard , he can use his staff to give electric shocks ( Using his Tron: Uprising look would be cooler but more difficult , I think)
-Ram
- Sark : He should be slow and powerful

- Tron: Dressed in his Tron : Evolution lightsuit .

From Tron 2.0: -Jet, maybe he has a special attack where he pulls a LOL rifle and goes call of duty on his opponent,

From Tron Evolution: -Anon, who could use his disc to do special attacks like creating explosions , corrupting his enemies and slowing them down.
- Gibson

From Tron Uprising: -
-General Tessler , He should be a heavy character , slow but very powerful, maybe he could throw his arms as an special attack that throws the character to the other side of the screen, also he should not use his disc
- Paige
- Pavel, like Jet maybe he can use his sniper rifle in combat
-Beck ( In his original tron suit maybe?)
-Dyson

From Tron Legacy:
- Sam , he should be very good at hand to hand combat
-Quorra, maybe she could use her lightsword instead of her identity disc
- A sentry that uses his staff as a melee weapon and has a riot shield like in Tron evolution
-A Black guard , he uses his lightsword as a melee weapon and can thorw bombs
- Rinzler: maybe he can use both identity discs in combat , ?
- Clu: Pretty much like Tessler and sark he is very heavy and punches really hard, but instead of having power arms he can use his disc in melee combat

Combat style:
Programs should be fighting most of the time in hand to hand combat , can throw their identity disc (or arms ) as special attacks that require an energy bar and should have at least to 2 melee moves using their identity discs or melee weapons
- The Game arena from the second episode of tron Uprising
- Clu's throne ship
-Tron's safe house
- The portal
- Clu's rectifier
-Rinzler's arena
- Purgo's emergency beacon ( Where Tron fights Kobol in "Identity")
-The end of line Club
- Flynn's arcade
- The I/O tower
- The lyghtcycle arena from the original Tron
-The lightrail grom "Beck's Beginning"
- The outlands
Maybe all combatants could have a finishing move where they derezz their oponents? Clu could summon his lightcycle and run over his oponent , beck just hits them very hard and they fall unconscius, Tron punches a hole in his enemies with his disc , Rinzler culd jump over the other player and throw both of his identity discs derezzing him, Sam could punch a hole in the ground making his opponent fall , Tessler could punch a hole through his enemie with his arms, Sark could summon an old recognizer that crushes hie enemies

Special powers

Maybe in some arenas the upgrade disc from "price of power " could fall and whoever catches it can make more damage for a short period of time

That's all I can think for now , maybe i can come up with more later

TRON.dll
User

on Tuesday, November, 06, 2012 12:13 AM
Personally, I'd like to stick to using stuff from Tron Uprising. That way I can have whoever ends up helping with art stick with a consistent visual and animation style with plenty of source material. If I have Beck and Tron in the game, I'd probably use Tron in his black suit with the scar and Beck with the Tron suit/helmet on.

Not really sure what would happen when a life bar is drained, though. Derezzing would be cool, but why would it make sense for Beck to derez Tron? Maybe we could have it be a knockout when certain characters fight each other.

That said, maybe there could be special dialogue when certain characters fight each other..

PSN - TRON-dll

LORD_Z3DD
User

on Tuesday, November, 06, 2012 7:43 AM
TRON.dll Wrote:Personally, I'd like to stick to using stuff from Tron Uprising. That way I can have whoever ends up helping with art stick with a consistent visual and animation style with plenty of source material. If I have Beck and Tron in the game, I'd probably use Tron in his black suit with the scar and Beck with the Tron suit/helmet on.

Not really sure what would happen when a life bar is drained, though. Derezzing would be cool, but why would it make sense for Beck to derez Tron? Maybe we could have it be a knockout when certain characters fight each other.

That said, maybe there could be special dialogue when certain characters fight each other..

The problem with using only characters from Tron: Uprising is that I think the roaster would become very limited , so if you could find a way to put non uprising characters in the game it would be awesome, even if they don't have the same art and animation.

Now , about what happenns when an energy life is drained , I think everyone should fall unconscius , and if you execute a series of commands, then your character derezzes his oponnent mortal kombat style .

KingJ.exe
User

on Tuesday, November, 06, 2012 4:26 PM
This is why I think an option to switch between deathmatch and friendly sparring would be cool. I like the idea of finishing moves, but vary them depending on the mode. In Deathmatch mode, Tron punches a hole through his enemy with his Identity Disk. In Spar mode, he pulls some other cool move and knocks them to the ground.
L0RD_Z3DD stole my idea for power ups. At certain points, or after a certain hit combo, one character can grab the secret weapon from "Price of Power", granting them increased speed, jump height and distance, and increased damage. However, it would be on a short timer, and drain a portion of either the player's life bar, or the special attack bar.

I do think by keeping yourself to Uprising character you are limiting yourself. If a wee bit more effort was put into it, Classic Tron, Jet, Sam, Quorra, and whatever other characters you want could be added in an Uprising style, giving something for Tron fans from everywhere. And perhaps, instead of Tron, Classic Tron, Whitesuit Tron, and Rinzler all being separate characters, they are simply skins that use the same move set as the original. The same could be done with Beck and CLU.

Also, in addition to special moves that use an energy bar of sorts, what if we do button combo moves as well? That way, we can have a variety of cool looking attacks unique to each character.

Of course, some of this could be implemented in later versions after a base product was produced.

As for dialogue, I think bits could be ripped from the audio from the shows. A soundtrack could be cobbled together from the soundtracks for Legacy, Tron, and R3C0NF1GUR3D, attributing credit of course.where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

Find the archive here:

LORD_Z3DD
User

on Tuesday, November, 06, 2012 9:36 PM
KingJ.exe Wrote:
I do think by keeping yourself to Uprising character you are limiting yourself. If a wee bit more effort was put into it, Classic Tron, Jet, Sam, Quorra, and whatever other characters you want could be added in an Uprising style, giving something for Tron fans from everywhere. And perhaps, instead of Tron, Classic Tron, Whitesuit Tron, and Rinzler all being separate characters, they are simply skins that use the same move set as the original..

I agree except for Rinzler just being another skin for Tron, the guy should be able to use two identity disc sat a time and have a diferent move set.

By the way Tron.dll how do you plan to create this game exactly? using MUGEN or something like that?

TRON.dll
User

on Tuesday, November, 06, 2012 9:44 PM
LORD_Z3DD Wrote:
KingJ.exe Wrote:
I do think by keeping yourself to Uprising character you are limiting yourself. If a wee bit more effort was put into it, Classic Tron, Jet, Sam, Quorra, and whatever other characters you want could be added in an Uprising style, giving something for Tron fans from everywhere. And perhaps, instead of Tron, Classic Tron, Whitesuit Tron, and Rinzler all being separate characters, they are simply skins that use the same move set as the original..

I agree except for Rinzler just being another skin for Tron, the guy should be able to use two identity disc sat a time and have a diferent move set.

By the way Tron.dll how do you plan to create this game exactly? using MUGEN or something like that?

I was actually planning on doing it from scratch in Unity. That way I can get more experience with the engine and learn a lot about fighting game design.

In regards to derezz vs. ko, I'd like to stick with derezzing simply because it looks cooler. However, I was thinking that if certain characters are fighting each other, they'll do a ko instead of a derezz, along with some special dialogue. I'm going to discuss this idea with some friends of mine who play a lot of fighting games and see what they think about it.abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

PSN - TRON-dll

KingJ.exe
User

on Tuesday, November, 06, 2012 9:57 PM
So mr .dll, what did you think of my idea for other characters?

Find the archive here:

TRON.dll
User

on Tuesday, November, 06, 2012 10:29 PM
KingJ.exe Wrote:So mr .dll, what did you think of my idea for other characters?

I'll probably try to keep the roster fairly limited at first. The main issue I have with including characters who haven't appeared in the show is that they might appear in the show in the future, and if they do, the version of the character we have wouldn't match the version seen in the show and so on.

I'd definitely want to have Beck, Tron, and Dyson in the first release, for sure.abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

PSN - TRON-dll

KingJ.exe
User

on Tuesday, November, 06, 2012 11:30 PM
Well, Beck, Tron, and Dyson are givens. You want to balance your good guys and bad guys (at least, I think we should) so I'd throw in Tessler or Paige. After that, perhaps Zed, Hopper, Bartik and Mara, in later updates. We see young Flynn and CLU, so they would be easy. Maybe we start with four, Beck, Tron, Dyson and Paige, and then have two to four unlockable characters. Maybe. This depends on if we have a single player AI to fight. I should think there would be a street fighter type AI out there available.order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pillwhere to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

Find the archive here:

TRON.dll
User

on Wednesday, November, 07, 2012 1:40 AM
KingJ.exe Wrote:Well, Beck, Tron, and Dyson are givens. You want to balance your good guys and bad guys (at least, I think we should) so I'd throw in Tessler or Paige. After that, perhaps Zed, Hopper, Bartik and Mara, in later updates. We see young Flynn and CLU, so they would be easy. Maybe we start with four, Beck, Tron, Dyson and Paige, and then have two to four unlockable characters. Maybe. This depends on if we have a single player AI to fight. I should think there would be a street fighter type AI out there available.

Hmm.. I do like the idea of having Tesler in there.. Could do some interesting attacks and whatnot with his light fists.on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill online

PSN - TRON-dll

LORD_Z3DD
User

on Wednesday, November, 07, 2012 4:30 PM
KingJ.exe Wrote:perhaps Zed, and Mara,.

order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

Daft Tron
User

on Wednesday, November, 07, 2012 5:57 PM
TRON.dll Wrote:Just an idea I've been throwing around, sort of inspired by a lot of the fight scenes in Legacy and Uprising. If I have some free time (probably whenever I get off school for the winter break), I might see what I can do. In the meantime, I thought it might be cool to get some community discussion going on this idea. Maybe we can get a sort of mini-design document going? Post ideas for the game and roster/attack stuff and I'll update this post to (hopefully) something comprehensible.

great another mugen

TRON.dll
User

on Wednesday, November, 07, 2012 6:01 PM
TRON.dll Wrote:
LORD_Z3DD Wrote:

I was actually planning on doing it from scratch in Unity. That way I can get more experience with the engine and learn a lot about fighting game design.

Daft Tron Wrote:
great another mugen

I love you, too.where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

PSN - TRON-dll

KingJ.exe
User

on Wednesday, November, 07, 2012 6:54 PM
So lets get some hard and fast stuff down so we have a realistic goal to work towards. So right now, it sounds like the consensus is four starting characters, Beck, Tron, Dyson, and Tessler.

I think we would need the arrow buttons and four others, one for punch, one for kick, one for jump, and one for special attack. This way the up and down arrows can be used to direct blows. This would mean each character would have 12 moves, high, low, neutral, and jumping kicks, punches, and special moves.

When the battle is good guy vs. bad guy it would end in derezz, when good vs. good or bad vs. bad (unless you like the idea of Dyson derezzing Tessler, or vice versa), the fight would end in KO.

That's what I think we have all agreed on so far. Other thoughts?order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

Find the archive here:

LORD_Z3DD
User

on Wednesday, November, 07, 2012 7:33 PM
KingJ.exe Wrote:

When the battle is good guy vs. bad guy it would end in derezz, when good vs. good or bad vs. bad (unless you like the idea of Dyson derezzing Tessler, or vice versa), the fight would end in KO.

I think that's unnecesary, in fighting games where a character can kill his oponnent nobody cares if the oponent is his friend , brother ETC, so I say that Derezzing should be optional (like fatalities in mortal kombat) so if you don't want to derezz Beck while playing as Tron you are not forced to do it, but leave it as an option if sombody wants to
order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

KingJ.exe
User

on Wednesday, November, 07, 2012 9:30 PM
LORD_Z3DD Wrote:
KingJ.exe Wrote:

I think that's unnecesary, in fighting games where a character can kill his oponnent nobody cares if the oponent is his friend , brother ETC, so I say that Derezzing should be optional (like fatalities in mortal kombat) so if you don't want to derezz Beck while playing as Tron you are not forced to do it, but leave it as an option if sombody wants to
Good thought, which is why I thought it would be good to have a Die/no die option in a menu or something.

Also, I've thought of some "die" mode finishing moves. For Tron, forward punch with his disk through the chest, like hew did in Clu's coup, and Tessler would replicate the move he did in Price of Power, where he punched through the program with his light gloves (that's what I'm calling them, I don't think that it's unique to the program) and grabbed the victim's disk, the program derezzing around Tessler's light arm thingy. Thoughts for Dyson and Beck?

Find the archive here:

TRON.dll
User

on Thursday, November, 08, 2012 12:30 AM
In a sudden stroke of genius today, I thought of an idea for what could be a special meter move for Tron.

The move starts off with Tron swinging his disc upwards. If he hits an opponent, they are launched into the air. Tron then holds his disc above him (similar to the IO Tower scene in the first movie), yells "CONFIRMED ALAN 1!" and a beam of light shoots down to the disc and pierces through the opponent for massive damage.

Maybe for one of Tron's grabs, he could grab the opponent, take their disc, and slice the opponent with both discs.

Also, since Beck is all about not derezzing anyone, maybe he could have a bunch of attacks that allow him to disable an opponent, leaving them open for combos. So stuff like smoke grenades and whatnot.

As for Tesler, I want to have some interesting gameplay in there with the light gloves.

Dyson would do a lot of neat things with his hook disc thing. Lots of cool opportunities for grapple attacks there.order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pill

PSN - TRON-dll

Page: of 3 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 Other Games 
 Tron fighting game