Forums (I/O Tower)
Forums 
 Fan Fiction & Art 
 hi - new user with 3d animation project (Maya & Mental Ray) work in progress animationhi

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 2 PagesNextLast
anthonymcgrath
User

hi - new user with 3d animation project (Maya & Mental Ray) work in progress animationhi

on Friday, August, 19, 2011 6:28 PM
Hi there i'm ant, I'm based in the uk and a big Tron fan. I was blown away by Tron Legacy and wanted to do a tribute animation. I decided it would be fun to take one of the daft punk characters robot heads and make that my lead character in my animation. I modelled up a tron style light cycle but made it a 4 wheeled vehicle instead.

basic idea is that my character will be chased by a recognizer whilst on his light cycle.

My key aim for the project is to do something that holds up visually & tackles some nice technical shots (derezzing characters into cubes isn't easy heh!). Also i've kinda had the character, light cycle and recognizer sat around as models for a good year now since seeing early screenshots of the tr2n comic con teaser so i figured it'd be good to do something with those assets

For anyone interested i've done all the modelling, animation and rendering in Maya and rendered with Mental Ray. Compositing is done in After Effects.

Here's a few work in progress shots of what I've put together so far... hope you like - feel free to add comments, thoughts and ideas to this thread...

light cycle activation shot...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNEMsvjtook
light cycle flyby and recognizer pursuing shot...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjaZ6HXnq5A
recognizer pilot derez shot...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8g_iYVZCjs
hope you enjoy - currently rendering another shot as i type lol!

trekking95
User

RE: hi - new user with 3d animation project (Maya & Mental Ray) work in progress animationhi

on Friday, August, 19, 2011 8:34 PM
Very well done!!!!! Like the 4 wheel bike you made!

Thanks to FlynnOne for the signature!

Save Tron 3!

anthonymcgrath
User

RE: hi - new user with 3d animation project (Maya & Mental Ray) work in progress animationhi

on Sunday, August, 21, 2011 3:57 PM
ta mate

fourth shot i've been working on...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2N2AiSRem0c

Traahn
User

on Monday, November, 14, 2011 11:41 PM
This stuff is awesome! Good work!

I'm getting out of here right now, and you guys are invited. -----^

TRON.dll
User

on Tuesday, November, 15, 2011 12:38 AM
anthonymcgrath Wrote:ta mate

fourth shot i've been working on...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2N2AiSRem0c

Loving that lens flare and distortion.on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill onlineorder abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pillwhere to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

TRON 2.0 (PC) name - TRON.dll
I'll play any mode, but I'm best at LC.

PSN - TRON-dll
XBOX Live/Games for Windows Live - TRONdll
-I have a Wii, DS, and 3DS. PM me to exchange friend codes.

anthonymcgrath
User

on Saturday, November, 19, 2011 11:17 AM
cheers mate - took the videos down for the time being as i'm close to being finished with the piece. I've got about 3 or 4 more shots to do now. Just finished a recogniser destruction/derez shot which i'm quite happy with
Got some guys doing the sound fx for me at present too which is really starting to come together too! watch this space abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

MCPcomputer
User

on Sunday, November, 20, 2011 11:04 PM

It says the videos were removed by the User...

"I want him in the games until he dies playing" -MCP
The Grid a Physical Frontier funny Tron Videohttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaMViP_QtZ8

trekking95
User

on Sunday, November, 20, 2011 11:41 PM
Now that's user powers for ya!
Maybe it had to do with those darn copyright rules!!!!!
*remembers a past time when that happened to some videos that only that person had*where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

Save Tron 3!

TRON.dll
User

on Monday, November, 21, 2011 12:05 AM
anthonymcgrath Wrote:cheers mate - took the videos down for the time being as i'm close to being finished with the piece. I've got about 3 or 4 more shots to do now. Just finished a recogniser destruction/derez shot which i'm quite happy with
Got some guys doing the sound fx for me at present too which is really starting to come together too! watch this space
where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

PSN - TRON-dll

trekking95
User

on Monday, November, 21, 2011 12:28 AM
No text, dll?

Save Tron 3!

TRON.dll
User

on Monday, November, 21, 2011 12:04 PM
anthonymcgrath Wrote:took the videos down for the time being as i'm close to being finished with the piece.

trekking95 Wrote:Maybe it had to do with those darn copyright rules!!!!!

Read before speculation. Just sayin'. order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

PSN - TRON-dll

trekking95
User

on Monday, November, 21, 2011 3:18 PM
TRON.dll Wrote:
anthonymcgrath Wrote:took the videos down for the time being as i'm close to being finished with the piece.

trekking95 Wrote:Maybe it had to do with those darn copyright rules!!!!!

Read before speculation. Just sayin'.
Didnt even see that.

Save Tron 3!

anthonymcgrath
User

on Friday, January, 06, 2012 6:18 PM
hey guys sorry i wanted to take down the other videos and put up the final piece further down the line. I'm currently on with the last 2 shots (literally rendering one out as i type lol!) and then there's a final shot. I've got one of the guys i know at work doing the audio design on it which is really helping the whole thing come alive. We haven't gone for quite the same tron sounds but its definitely reminiscent of it thats for sure. keep your eyes peeped and i'll update you all when i get the final piece online
ant

ps happy 2012 guys!

anthonymcgrath
User

on Sunday, January, 29, 2012 5:41 AM
hey all it seems i cant post up pics on here till i have 20 posts but just not on here enough really. However you can check them out on this link if you like...

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?p=7223260#post7223260

aldul
User

on Monday, January, 30, 2012 1:10 PM
Wow, they look great!

HooDooMan
User

on Monday, January, 30, 2012 5:43 PM
Damn fine job, Ant! I can't wait to see the fully rendered final piece!

I wish I had the skill and creativity to do something like that, but unfortunately I don't. I'll just be content to marvel in awe at the incredible work that you and other CG animators create. Keep up the good work! abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

DrP
User

on Monday, January, 30, 2012 6:22 PM
Looks really cool. Can't wait to see the finished project,.... any idea for approximate completion/posting date?order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pillabortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

END OF LINE

anthonymcgrath
User

on Tuesday, January, 31, 2012 5:46 PM
hey guys thanks for the kind comments - i've actually just finished rendering out all my shots as HD uncompressed today actually - i've got a tweak on one of the shots (the recognizers legs were too long in the shot) and a shot where i need to add some of those tasty lens flares heh!

i took the other shots down simply because they weren't holding up on youtube - crushed blacks and compression simply wasn't doing it justice really plus those animation clips were compressed videos from compressed video source.

I'm hoping to have the animation/rendering/compositing finished by the end of this week... I did a full render today actually and i'm fairly happy with it so with a couple of more tweaks it shouldn't be too long.. the final piece is about 3 minutes long now.... a fair bit longer than the original 30 second piece i wanted it to be lol!

I'm hoping to have the audio design finished soon after that - my friend is doing a superb job of it so far!

stay tuned guys i'll update you soon as there's more to show
ant

anthonymcgrath
User

on Sunday, April, 15, 2012 5:22 PM
hi guys thought i'd update this...

well all the HD shots are finished and the audio too and i have to say it doesn't look too bad at all.. the sound has completely brought the piece to life as i knew it would do! its turned from a 10 second test animation into a full 3 minute HD animation sequence.

i'm uploading the final HD version later in the week. However the first 5 guys to send me their youtube user names will be able to view a private screening of the animation sequence.

just email "I WANNA SEE YOUR TRON ANIM" to anthonystephenmcgrath@msn.com ...in the email put your youtube username or a googlemail / gmail email address

(please bear in mind you wont be able to share out the youtube link to other ppl until i make it public)

dont imagine i'll get inundated on here tbh as the community doesn't seem huge but i thought it fitting for some Tron fans to see it first.

ant

TRON.dll
User

on Sunday, April, 15, 2012 6:04 PM
anthonymcgrath Wrote:hi guys thought i'd update this...

well all the HD shots are finished and the audio too and i have to say it doesn't look too bad at all.. the sound has completely brought the piece to life as i knew it would do! its turned from a 10 second test animation into a full 3 minute HD animation sequence.

i'm uploading the final HD version later in the week. However the first 5 guys to send me their youtube user names will be able to view a private screening of the animation sequence.

just email "I WANNA SEE YOUR TRON ANIM" to anthonystephenmcgrath@msn.com ...in the email put your youtube username or a googlemail / gmail email address

(please bear in mind you wont be able to share out the youtube link to other ppl until i make it public)

dont imagine i'll get inundated on here tbh as the community doesn't seem huge but i thought it fitting for some Tron fans to see it first.

ant

Is that how Youtube's private video system works? I figured they'd just give you a link that you could send to people even if they weren't Youtube users, and the video itself wouldn't be listed on search results.

Regardless, it seems like using Tron Sector's PM system would be easier. I'm lazy and I'm already on this site, so... PM sent?

Excited to see it, as I'm also into animation with Maya. order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

PSN - TRON-dll

Page: of 2 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 Fan Fiction & Art