TRON: LEGACY 
 small details thread

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments: FirstPrevious Page: of 11 PagesNextLast
EXODUS
User

RE: small details thread

on Thursday, September, 01, 2011 12:02 PM
[Also, no pics to compare, but anybody notice that every time poor Alan goes over to a Flynn's place, they always feel the need to take their shirt off? It must get old after a while... "No, really, man, just leave it on this time. Trust me, the image of your nipples will be burned into my brain forever.]

Pity Quorra wasn't there.....where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill onlineabortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

emdeesee
User

on Sunday, September, 04, 2011 11:32 AM
The program who gets derezzed during disc wars because he is distracted by Sam running over the top of his platform is combatant 6, designation "Logg".

He is derezzed by Aurora.

[Continuity error:] When we see the scoreboard reflected in the window of Clu's command ship while Jarvis is reporting the status of "the initiative", it still showing the round one matchups, even though it was just shown realigning for round two.

LIT
User

on Sunday, September, 04, 2011 11:49 AM
At one point, you can see the word YORI on the right side of words KEY and ROM. This gives us an idea of Yori's purpose in the ENCOM system.

(a big thx to FlynnOne for the awesome pic)

Defending The Grid Against All Viruses And Rogue Programs

Minecraft Server: mcthegrid.no-ip.org

ShadowSpark
User

on Sunday, September, 04, 2011 6:45 PM
Anybody got a good pic of the Grid Limo? In the movie, I mean. Not the toy. The only one I found was this, and as you can see, it's a pretty poor shot.

{A very big thanks to FlynnOne for the pic! And to Wulfeous for sharpening the details!*huggles both*}
{Because people always seem to guess wrong, I'm saying it here: I'm female!!! And my name is Spark!!!}

Tron Lives!

Please click here to help my family out.

Kat
User

on Sunday, December, 04, 2011 10:13 PM
No pics of this in the screenshots, but I noticed for the first time the other night that during the scene where the Sirens are cutting Sam's clothes off... once they've got him down to his shorts, he reaches down and is holding his hands over his crotch like some sort of Bugs Bunny skit. Too funny. I had to explain to my mom (her first viewing) why I suddenly started laughing.

(I know, right? What kind of fangirl am I, that it took the 4th viewing of the movie for me to actually really pay attention to Sam in next-to-nothing? Oh well. I appreciate that they did that for us, although I see they were too squeamish to give us much of a closeup, and same for the part where Alan's at his apartment and he takes his shirt off and they "conveniently" blur him out and focus on Alan instead until he turns his back to the camera-- they did better than that in the first film with the gratuitous Bridges nipple-age. Except I've never been that much into Sam, so what can I say.)

What do you want? I'm busy.

Program, please!

Chaos.... good news.

ChessMess
User

on Wednesday, December, 07, 2011 11:37 AM
Isn't it about time we replaced the old pinned forum posts on the board ( Tr2n News, Tron 2 Cheet Sheet) with a Tron 3 News and this thread? This thread is better than those. No one is looking at the Tr2n News thread, meanwhile in the "Real World" this thread drifts off to obscurity if no one posts in it.abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

DevourTheLiving
User

on Thursday, December, 08, 2011 11:01 AM
Kat Wrote:It would explain his actions with Sam-- when Sam says "you act like I'm just going to find him in his office" and Alan says "wouldn't that be something" (that line always bugged me because it sounded like it was implying SOMETHING important... because what you'd expect him to reply is something like "oh, Sam, that's not what I meant" or "Sam, calm down" but instead he comes out with some enigmatic line spoken in an enigmatic voice that sounds like he KNOWS something)

I remember seeing an interview that asked about that particular part of the film, and Bruce said that he pretty much delivered it as wistful and missing his best friend. Something along the lines of it was more like he wished it could be something as simple as all that, and not really meant to be such an enigmatic statement.

CB2001
User

on Monday, December, 12, 2011 12:43 AM
I've been doing some thinking about the design of Flynn's house. I know a few people find it strange that he has a guest room that's ready for Sam, yet he wasn't expecting any guests. I know this is a shot in the dark, but could it be possible the hideout was constructed back in the 1980s, and that Flynn intended one of the rooms to be for Sam when he was old enough to be brought onto the Grid, while the other was for the Bradleys? I mean, it makes sense that way. The Bradleys were friends of his who knew about digitization and Flynn did intend to take Sam to the Grid one day, so the hideout may have been something that he had prepared for him, his son and his friends to stay at. But since the coup, Flynn thought TRON was dead and that no one was going to come, he allowed Quorra to stay in one of the rooms and the other being left empty.

Just tossing that idea out there.

ChessMess
User

on Monday, December, 12, 2011 5:52 AM
I like that idea, works quite well.

Kat
User

on Monday, December, 12, 2011 6:55 AM
CB2001 Wrote:I've been doing some thinking about the design of Flynn's house. I know a few people find it strange that he has a guest room that's ready for Sam, yet he wasn't expecting any guests. I know this is a shot in the dark, but could it be possible the hideout was constructed back in the 1980s, and that Flynn intended one of the rooms to be for Sam when he was old enough to be brought onto the Grid, while the other was for the Bradleys? I mean, it makes sense that way. The Bradleys were friends of his who knew about digitization and Flynn did intend to take Sam to the Grid one day, so the hideout may have been something that he had prepared for him, his son and his friends to stay at. But since the coup, Flynn thought TRON was dead and that no one was going to come, he allowed Quorra to stay in one of the rooms and the other being left empty.

Just tossing that idea out there.

I had originally thought it was HIS room and he gave it to Sam and just rezzed up something else real quick for himself, but earlier in the movie you can see that the weird little alcove-room is already there, so I guess not. Still begs the question of why his "bedroom" is open to the rest of the house... I haven't come up with a plausible explanation for that one yet.
order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pill

Program, please!

Chaos.... good news.

ChessMess
User

on Friday, March, 30, 2012 5:14 PM
Just noticed this on my recent viewing last night, Dillinger JR is the only one to refuse to have one of those black book things laid in front of him during the boardroom scene.where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

Kat
User

on Friday, March, 30, 2012 7:41 PM
ChessMess Wrote:Just noticed this on my recent viewing last night, Dillinger JR is the only one to refuse to have one of those black book things laid in front of him during the boardroom scene.

Yep. I actually noticed it at... maybe the second or third viewing, and wrote it into my fic about him (http://www.tron-sector.com/forums/default.aspx?a=top&id=438403).

There's something to Dillinjr and the evidence is all over that scene... just not sure what it is yet. I hope Disney surprises us rather than going with the Captain Obvious route.

He doesn't clap and go all groupie at any point during the scene while everyone else is applauding and cheering. When Mackey introduces him, he's got a "yeah whatever can we get on with it and not draw attention to me?" demeanor on. He's the only one (besides Alan) who remains level-headed during the Marv video. He's unruffled by Mackey's snarkiness and has no qualms about just getting up and walking out of the meeting. I don't think he's even remotely drunk the Encom kool-aid... just not sure what Disney's intentions are for that (I certainly know how I interpret it, but the little we've been given suggests Disney's thoughts are nowhere near that).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VO5qq1XN64M

(Arcade scene.) Just noticed how Sam takes a deep breath at 2:50, right before he opens the door to the secret office. Makes me wonder if he was afraid he might find his dad's body in there or something... or he clearly thought he'd find *something* groundbreaking, at least.

Program, please!

Chaos.... good news.

ChessMess
User

on Saturday, March, 31, 2012 4:32 PM
Sam should have reflected more the fact that his dads keys where in the door, it was a bit too subtle in both camera focus and actor reaction, it should have had a bigger impact.abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

Kat
User

on Saturday, March, 31, 2012 4:50 PM
ChessMess Wrote:Sam should have reflected more the fact that his dads keys where in the door, it was a bit too subtle in both camera focus and actor reaction, it should have had a bigger impact.

Actually, I had assumed they were always there, period. You know how some people will have a lock but just always leave the key in to make it convenient (like they often do with deadbolt locks that are key-only entry). It's not like Flynn needed the lock for security-- he was the only one who knew it was there-- so he could afford to leave the key in to make his life easier.

Though now that you mention it, you're right-- it was a whole set of keys, not a single key like you'd expect if he was just constantly leaving it in there for convenience. But why wouldn't he pull the keys out of the door once he'd unlocked it and take them in with him? Not like he'd need to leave them in the door to keep it unlocked (any door I've ever seen that automatically re-locks requires you to keep force on the key to keep it turned/keep it from relocking automatically), and surely there's a way to unlock it from the inside anyway. And it doesn't look like the door was locked anyway-- he doesn't turn the key, he just turns the handle and pulls the door open.

(I was going to look to see if there was a screencap on the usual homeofthenutty site showing the keys, but for some reason my browser is seeing it as an "attack site" today-- anybody else getting that? Not sure if my browser's just screwy, or if they got hacked or something.)abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

Program, please!

Chaos.... good news.

Scootonimous
User

on Saturday, March, 31, 2012 6:48 PM
I've seen the movie probably 6 times now...... I JUST NOTICED THE KEYS!!!!! And yeah, I'm getting reported attack page warnings for that nutty or whatever site.

ChessMess
User

on Saturday, March, 31, 2012 9:34 PM
He left the keys in as a simple easy way to remind himself to lock it up when he left. If he took them inside then when he left he could have just walked out and spaced locking the door. With the keys IN the door he would never forget, and since he was the only one there no worries about someone locking him in or stealing his keys.where to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

Kat
User

on Saturday, March, 31, 2012 10:31 PM
But why would he need to lock up in the first place? Again, nobody knew it was there, and we assume that the outer door to the arcade was locked anyway...

(I love that it was the Tron machine that he put in front of the door to the basement, by the way...)

Program, please!

Chaos.... good news.

ChessMess
User

on Sunday, April, 01, 2012 9:04 PM
Why lock a safe that is in a locked house?

Kat
User

on Sunday, April, 01, 2012 11:07 PM
ChessMess Wrote:Why lock a safe that is in a locked house?

If no one could possibly know it was there: pointless.

Those "safes" you can get that look like books, cans of soda, cleaning supplies, etc. Very few of them lock... because you don't expect them to be found to begin with.

Program, please!

Chaos.... good news.

J
User

on Monday, April, 02, 2012 3:17 PM
Could be an error, but might not be. Those keys in the lock look a bit too shiny to be 20 years old. Has someone else been there?

It's an entire universe in there, one we created, but it's beyond us now. Really. It's outgrown us. You know, every time you shut off your computer...do you know what you're doing? Have you ever reformatted a hard drive? Deleted old software? Destroyed an entire universe?"

-- Jet Bradley, Tron: Ghost in the Machine on why being a User isn't necessarily a good thing.

FirstPrevious Page: of 11 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON: LEGACY 
 small details thread