Collector 
 custom ID discs made-to-order

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments: FirstPrevious Page: of 4 PagesNextLast
jediknight0
User

RE: custom ID discs made-to-order

on Tuesday, April, 05, 2011 5:09 AM
DocEss Wrote:What all parts go into the making of a CLU disc? Because at some point, I'd be rather interested in getting one to go with my Sam, Kevin, and Rinzler discs.

The parts, in the simple case, are just some yellow LEDs, new resistors, and some yellow paint (for the rear C-ring). If doing the complex always-on light mod then you are also talking about a couple pieces of perf board, some diodes, some opto-isolators, and a lot of wire & solder.
abortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

DocEss
User

on Tuesday, April, 05, 2011 11:57 AM
Sounds simple enough. I wouldn't want it with the always-on, as I'd want it to just match the existing ones I have.

Which disc(s) would it need? Does it need the white rings from the Kevin disc, or does it work with the ones from the Rinzler disc?

jediknight0
User

on Tuesday, April, 05, 2011 8:33 PM
DocEss Wrote:Sounds simple enough. I wouldn't want it with the always-on, as I'd want it to just match the existing ones I have.

Which disc(s) would it need? Does it need the white rings from the Kevin disc, or does it work with the ones from the Rinzler disc?

The best results would be using both the clear rings from a Kevin disc and the plastic from a black disc (Sam or Rinzler, doesn't matter) but you can get good results just using a Rinzler disc. My CLU disc is just a Rinzler disc, orange rings and all.

The advantage of my mods over the other prop mods is that it retains ALL the original toy functionality when doing the complex always-on mod. Using a small magnet on the back activates the always-on mode but when the magnet is removed, the toy functions as it originally did. It's a lot of work and a bit of pain to do all the wiring though.

Jackie Lawless
User

on Friday, April, 08, 2011 8:19 PM
so... there's no additional led's added to the legacy disc, its just different colored ones that are semi-brighter....

i want a true to the movie version... Colored C-Ring on both sides [with the 'loading' blocks at start] and White outter-Ring...

Does the Rinzler come with two discs? You advertise it as thought it comes with both.

He Sill fights for the users...

jediknight0
User

on Sunday, April, 10, 2011 1:35 AM
Jackie Lawless Wrote:so... there's no additional led's added to the legacy disc, its just different colored ones that are semi-brighter....

i want a true to the movie version... Colored C-Ring on both sides [with the 'loading' blocks at start] and White outter-Ring...

Does the Rinzler come with two discs? You advertise it as thought it comes with both.

I can add a couple more LEDs to the bottom of the C-ring as there's already unused mounting locations for it, but that's all my mod adds. Changing the LED colors does add a lot, IMHO, but not everyone may agree of course.

I don't really "advertise" anything - I'm just showing what I did for the discs I have displayed in my office @ work and I'm offering to make the same mods for others basically at cost.

It sounds like you might be more interested in the more complex mods that add 50+ LEDs to the discs or add complex (and usually more accurate) lighting effects. Of course, those mods usually start at $200+ or are really kits to do it yourself rather than everything all done for you. I'd be surprised if you find a dual Rinzler disc setup with the colors & lights you want for less than $450.
abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

Jackie Lawless
User

on Sunday, April, 10, 2011 9:16 PM
yeah, but the little colored notches at the top and bottom of the disc arent cut out, and the 4 pegs arent drilled out and givin thir own led's either...

for how much you charge to give a disc the works, it almost doesnt seem worth it when theirs other assembled ones for about 100 bucks who do add more than just different lights and a usb port.

Jackie Lawless
User

on Sunday, April, 10, 2011 9:16 PM
yeah, but the little colored notches at the top and bottom of the disc arent cut out, and the 4 pegs arent drilled out and givin thir own led's either...

for how much you charge to give a disc the works, it almost doesnt seem worth it when theirs other assembled ones for about 100 bucks who do add more than just different lights and a usb port.order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pill

jediknight0
User

on Sunday, April, 10, 2011 10:40 PM
Jackie Lawless Wrote:yeah, but the little colored notches at the top and bottom of the disc arent cut out, and the 4 pegs arent drilled out and givin thir own led's either...

for how much you charge to give a disc the works, it almost doesnt seem worth it when theirs other assembled ones for about 100 bucks who do add more than just different lights and a usb port.

I've experimented with cutting out the 4 notches - I can't get results that match my standands. Either the cutouts are too sharp or when filling the notches with epoxy resin I can't get a finish that looks acceptable. I have done a disc with the 4 pegs drilled out and and gotten good results but it's enough of a pain that I don't want to do it regularly.

I'd be very surprised if you can find any disc mods, completed (i.e. not a do-it-yourself kit), for $100.

My prices are all on the first page of this thread. Like I said, they are basically at cost with a minor labor fee ($20 per hour). I'm totally transparent with my prices.
where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

Jackie Lawless
User

on Monday, April, 11, 2011 3:52 AM
jediknight0 Wrote:I've experimented with cutting out the 4 notches - I can't get results that match my standands. Either the cutouts are too sharp or when filling the notches with epoxy resin I can't get a finish that looks acceptable. I have done a disc with the 4 pegs drilled out and and gotten good results but it's enough of a pain that I don't want to do it regularly.

I'd be very surprised if you can find any disc mods, completed (i.e. not a do-it-yourself kit), for $100.

My prices are all on the first page of this thread. Like I said, they are basically at cost with a minor labor fee ($20 per hour). I'm totally transparent with my prices.

a simple fine point dremmel tool will make a nice smooth notch with nice rounded inner edge in seconds. you dont need to put any epoxy on it.

the labor fee is what gets me especially because thats what jacks up the price to an unreasonable amount... just a regular disc with an always on function is "6 hours of labor"incase you want your old functions back, and by your standards, 6 hours of labor =120 bucks. just for you to make a disc stay always on... pplus 20 in parts....

jediknight0
User

on Monday, April, 11, 2011 2:02 PM
Jackie Lawless Wrote:[a simple fine point dremmel tool will make a nice smooth notch with nice rounded inner edge in seconds. you dont need to put any epoxy on it.

I'm quite familiar with dremmel work - some of my computer mods (done entirely with a dremmel) have been featured on TV, magazines, and books. I even wrote and had published a computer modding book (Going Mod: 9 cool case mod projects - available from Wiley publishing). Even with all that, I can't get results with the discs that meet my standards.

Jackie Lawless Wrote:the labor fee is what gets me especially because thats what jacks up the price to an unreasonable amount... just a regular disc with an always on function is "6 hours of labor"incase you want your old functions back, and by your standards, 6 hours of labor =120 bucks. just for you to make a disc stay always on... pplus 20 in parts....

I offer two always-on mods - a simple & complex mod. The simple mod is less than $20 dollars but the complex mod is just that - complex. The reason that it's so time intensive (and expensive) is because every single LED is tied into an opto-isolator chip. So that's something like 6 solder connections per LED & eight LEDs disc, plus some resistors & diodes as well.

I don't know of anyone else offering modded discs that retain the original functions of the toy plus offer an always-on mode. If you know of one, please provide a link - I'd love to hear/see a different perspective that what I've taken.
where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

DocEss
User

on Monday, April, 11, 2011 9:14 PM
jediknight0 Wrote:
DocEss Wrote:Sounds simple enough. I wouldn't want it with the always-on, as I'd want it to just match the existing ones I have.

The best results would be using both the clear rings from a Kevin disc and the plastic from a black disc (Sam or Rinzler, doesn't matter) but you can get good results just using a Rinzler disc. My CLU disc is just a Rinzler disc, orange rings and all.

The advantage of my mods over the other prop mods is that it retains ALL the original toy functionality when doing the complex always-on mod. Using a small magnet on the back activates the always-on mode but when the magnet is removed, the toy functions as it originally did. It's a lot of work and a bit of pain to do all the wiring though.

So I assume the yellow LEDs show through enough that the orange Rinzler rings don't matter much?

It's just with Kevin discs so very scarce, I'd hate to have to have one cannibalized in order to make a 'perfect' CLU disc, if the Rinzler rings are good enough. I'd rather that Kevin disc be in the hands of a fan, instead of torn to bits just for the plastic rings. Though there's still that perfectionist part of me that would want it pulled from the white rings, just so it matches more solidly. Hrmm.

What would a CLU disc built from the Rinzler base run me, cost-wise?

Edit: The CLU in your posted images is built from the Rinzler base, right? abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

jediknight0
User

on Wednesday, April, 13, 2011 9:15 PM
DocEss Wrote:[So I assume the yellow LEDs show through enough that the orange Rinzler rings don't matter much?

It's just with Kevin discs so very scarce, I'd hate to have to have one cannibalized in order to make a 'perfect' CLU disc, if the Rinzler rings are good enough. I'd rather that Kevin disc be in the hands of a fan, instead of torn to bits just for the plastic rings. Though there's still that perfectionist part of me that would want it pulled from the white rings, just so it matches more solidly. Hrmm.

What would a CLU disc built from the Rinzler base run me, cost-wise?

Edit: The CLU in your posted images is built from the Rinzler base, right?

Yes, the pics of my CLU disc are from a Rinzler base. When the lights are on it looks like a standard Rinzler disc, but with the lights off the yellow LEDs shine through pretty well and I don't really notice any orange.

In my neck of the woods, there have been no Kevin or Rinzler discs for a while - I've been using some stock I built up through many, many, many Target runs. I still have a couple Kevin discs left and one Rinzler disc though, so I'd be willing to use those as the base of a modded disc for someone.

I haven't posted pics yet, but I did "hack" up a Kevin discs for it's rings... and it looks *awesome*. In my case, I wanted a white plastic disc with blue rings so I went ahead and added the leftover clear rings in an black disc - and both discs look great. I did this for a custom disc I used (along with a custom Kevin-like jacket & custom disc mount) I wore for my trip to elecTRONica.

You can see some pics of my jacket here.

cost would vary depending on the exact mods you wanted but a Rinzler disc base, plus LED change, plus 2 extra LEDs would be in the $35 + $50 + $1 range (I'll throw in the labor for 2 extra LEDs free with the other mods)... for a total of $86 plus shipping.

I only have 1 Rinzler disc left... so it's first come, first serve... past that, it's either EBay or provide your own disc...

order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

Vash15
User

on Sunday, April, 17, 2011 1:06 AM
How much did you say it would be if I already had the disc? I just have a RInzler disc that I want to glow green instead of orangewhere to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

jediknight0
User

on Wednesday, April, 20, 2011 3:36 AM
Vash15 Wrote:How much did you say it would be if I already had the disc? I just have a RInzler disc that I want to glow green instead of orange

I doubt that would work well. Putting green LEDs behind an orange plastic ring would look odd, I suspect.

So in general, we're talking a blue disc (if still on sale @ target, let's say $15), an LED change ($10 parts, $20 labor), plus shipping to you - so $45 plus shipping. I'd suggest painting the rear C-ring and details plus the 2 additional LEDs, which would add $16.
on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill onlineabortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

jediknight0
User

on Wednesday, April, 20, 2011 3:46 AM
Some semi-recent work:

My "Sam" disc re-done with clear lenses for the inner and outer rings. The C-ring uses blue LEDs while the outer ring uses white.

And here's my "hero" disc used for my sys-admin costume.

It's a white disc with battleship grey accents, blue inner and outer rings, 4GB internal memory stick, 4 white LED projection nubs (on/flash during memory access), always-on light mode activited via magnetic nub OR concealed momentary switch (for easy access while holding).

The disc also contains 8 rare-earth magnets for mounting on my disc holder. When mounted on the disc holder, the always-on light mode is automatically activated.

As before, more pics on my website:

mods.xkiil.net: TRON Identity Discs
mods.xkiil.net: TRON Jacket

MunirBinJulaihi
User

on Friday, May, 13, 2011 2:30 PM
Sorry to bump this thread, but are you still selling these discs?

'Cause you see, I was planning to buy one from you, but unfortunately, I live in Brunei which is I don't know if you could ship to my country, though. But I really like the discs, and I really wanna buy one if it's still available.order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

LWSrocks2
User

on Friday, May, 13, 2011 3:37 PM
Hey Jedi, how did you put the battleship grey on the disc? I'd like to do a similar effect with one of my discs.

jediknight0
User

on Wednesday, May, 18, 2011 1:37 AM
LWSrocks2 Wrote:Hey Jedi, how did you put the battleship grey on the disc? I'd like to do a similar effect with one of my discs.

I took the disc apart, masked off all the sections I didn't want colored, and simply spray-painted it with Testor's battleship grey. The colors are actually a little more grey than the pictures show... I think it looks better in real life.

The paint is somewhat durable but I've have some spots where it has begun to rub off a bit but that's due to about a hundred times I pulled it off & on my jacket disc mount with all the associated rubbing.

jediknight0
User

on Wednesday, May, 18, 2011 1:48 AM
MunirBinJulaihi Wrote:Sorry to bump this thread, but are you still selling these discs?

'Cause you see, I was planning to buy one from you, but unfortunately, I live in Brunei which is I don't know if you could ship to my country, though. But I really like the discs, and I really wanna buy one if it's still available.

Yup - still selling if anyone is interested.

I never really thought about shipping overseas, but I don't see why not. The problem though is based on my estimate at ups.com, shipping alone would run about $110 (roughly, based on picking a random city in that country).

I don't know if anyone would be that interested that they would pay those types of prices.
where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

MunirBinJulaihi
User

on Saturday, July, 02, 2011 11:01 PM
jediknight0:- PM sent. And sorry to bump this thread and hope you can reply my message, dude.

FirstPrevious Page: of 4 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 Collector 
 custom ID discs made-to-order