Collector 
 custom ID discs made-to-order

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 4 PagesNextLast
jediknight0
User

on Friday, March, 04, 2011 4:41 AM
Mods, please delete this thread if this is out of line at all - I don't want to step on any toes. I checked the forum rules and didn't see anything against it. I tried to check the FAQ but it appears broken at the moment.

I've had a number of people who are interested in various classic or legacy discs, so I've come up with a menu of available options. Basically what I'll offer is to make discs for the cost of parts plus $20 per hour labor plus shipping costs. People can pick and choose what they want and I'll put it together. What I can't promise is a timeline - it all depends on who offers up money first and what happens at my day job as things can get pretty busy if production server issues come up.

Most options can be combined together. Just PM me and say that you want a classic disk in green (#1 + #3) or legacy disk in green (#1 + #2), etc.

Feel free to ask any questions.

Classic Discs:
1) Disc (8 inch diameter) in green, red, or blue. Parts cost $15 to $25 for the frisbee (depending on if I can get it locally or not) plus $12 for the vinyl rings. Labor is 1.5 hour's worth for driving time, gas, plus applying the vinyl.
2) Add 2 additional LEDs to the disc which offers slight improvement in the outer edge brightness. Parts are about $1 plus $6 shipping (I'll only charge this once if a person buys multiple discs or options that require shipping). Labor is 0.5 hours.
3) Add a custom stand in any basic color. Parts cost $15 per stand. Labor is 1 hour. NOTE: Yes, the resin really does cost that much with the several attempts I often have to do to achieve decent results. I will try to minimize the bubbles and mix the color as consistently as possible but some variation is inevitable and you must accept that risk. Please look at my detailed stand photos first to see examples.

Legacy Discs:
1) Legacy disc (specify black/blue, black/orange, or white/white). Subject to availability. Blue is easy to obtain and I have a few white discs I'm willing to part with. I know someone who might be willing to sell a few orange discs but I'd have to check. Parts cost $20 for blue, $25 for orange, and $35 for white. NOTE: It's also possible to buy several discs for parts - for example using the white rings from a white disc on a blue disc but I'd have to charge for both discs.
2) Simple always-on light mod. Move the switch to either "on" position and all LEDs will light. This essentially eliminates the existing functions of the toy. No more sounds, rotating or flashing lights. Labor is 0.75 hours.
3) Change LED colors. Right now, I can do red, blue, yellow, green. Mix/match possible. Inner C ring takes 2 LEDs while outer ring takes 6 LEDs. Parts cost $4 plus $6 shipping (I'll only charge this once if a person buys multiple discs or options that require shipping). Labor is 1 hour for blue or green, 2 hours for red or yellow (requires changing resistors which I'll provide for free).
4) Complex always-on light mod. Using a small magnet (provided) you can activate the always-on light mode. Remove the magnet and the toy functions as it originally did. Parts cost is about $20. Labor is 6 hours.
5) Paint the back C-ring, projection numbs, and edge details. Available in any basic color. Parts cost $5. Labor is 0.5 hours.
6) Add USB port and 2GB memory stick internal. Lower C-ring lights will flash on access (specify color of lights). Parts cost $20. Labor is 1.5 hours.
7) Add 2 additional C-ring LEDs. Parts cost is $1 plus $6 shipping (I'll only charge this once if a person buys multiple discs of either classic or legacy types).
8) Add a custom stand in any basic color. Parts cost $15 per stand. Labor is 1 hour. NOTE: Yes, the resin really does cost that much with the several attempts I often have to do to achieve decent results. I will try to minimize the bubbles and mix the color as consistently as possible but some variation is inevitable and you must accept that risk. Please look at my detailed stand photos first to see examples.
9) Add extra light blocking (white disc only). The white discs use crappy black paper scraps to block light from the LEDs bleeding out through the plastic and they do a poor job. In addition, everything is covered in sticky residue inside. I'll paint the inside of the discs silver which help increase light output & block the light seepage. Labor is 1.5 hours. Highly recommended.

After the costs above, don't forget I'll need to charge shipping to your location which will depend on where you live and what type of shipping.

So there it is. And yes, I did really spend this much time & money on the discs I created. None of this incluedes the cost of the parts to create the custom stands (raw parts, molding material, etc) or the discs & parts that were destroyed in figuring this all out.

Also check out my site for more detailed pics:
Custom TRON Identify Discs

typicaltronname
User

RE: custom ID discs made-to-order

on Friday, March, 04, 2011 4:56 AM
One thing, in your post you say "mods please delete this thread"

So in doing basic math (I am tired and I likely skipped over parts) It's 40 dollars for a blue disc? (labor + parts)

Also, to cut down on costs, could a person just send you their disc (if they have one) so you can modify that one, so you don't have to go to the store to buy one and so on and so forth.

Would you do custom orders? Say someone has an orange disc, but I would like have a blue outer ring, but keep the Orange inner "C" ring, could you do that?

And finally, judging from these pictures, you do pretty good work. Very impressive

"Reveal your creation date or I will disassemble your code one operation at a time!"

jediknight0
User

on Friday, March, 04, 2011 5:31 AM
typicaltronname Wrote:One thing, in your post you say "mods please delete this thread"

Thanks for catching that. Corrected.

typicaltronname Wrote:So in doing basic math (I am tired and I likely skipped over parts) It's 40 dollars for a blue disc? (labor + parts)

Actually, $50 the way I've laid it out. $20 for disc, $10 for LEDs, $20 for labor. That plus shipping back to you. I actually might be able to shave a few bucks off that but I'll have to check the price at my local Target. I think the sale ended but if it's still about $15 with tax then the cost of the disc would only be $15. I have a target almost walking distance from my work so I wouldn't have to go out of my way.

typicaltronname Wrote:Also, to cut down on costs, could a person just send you their disc (if they have one) so you can modify that one, so you don't have to go to the store to buy one and so on and so forth.

Depending on how much shipping cost to me, it might save a few bucks. I'd be a little concerned about the posibility of someone taking it from my door since I'm rarely home during normal hours or if (worst case) I needed to sign for it. Getting to the post office to pick it up is super difficult for me due to the schedule I work.

typicaltronname Wrote:Would you do custom orders? Say someone has an orange disc, but I would like have a blue outer ring, but keep the Orange inner "C" ring, could you do that?

Sure - as long as they either paid me for the disc parts or provided them. Right now I have easy access to the blue disc (practically everyone does) and I have a few white discs I'd be willing to sell. I know someone who has a couple orange discs they *might* be willing to part with for around $25 I imagine but I'd have to check with him.

So if someone paid me for a blue disc plus a white disc I'd be willing to take the clear parts out of the white disc and add them to the blue disc, for example.

typicaltronname Wrote:And finally, judging from these pictures, you do pretty good work. Very impressive

Thanks! I'm actually not trying to make a profit on any of this... I was just offering because I've had people show so much interest. I don't consider anything I've done to be particularly difficult or impressive but it just takes time and a little effort. I'm not doing a complete electronica swap or adding 60+ LEDs like some have done. My mods are simple but I think nice but the time invested.

ctellis156
User

on Friday, March, 04, 2011 4:31 PM
what would i be looking at as far as cost for legacy disk in green like the one in picture, black disk, green glow?

G M Master 7th
User

on Friday, March, 04, 2011 7:10 PM
As I'm retarded at math lol on the whole how much would the yellow Clu disc be? order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

TriggerEXE
User

on Friday, March, 04, 2011 7:30 PM
That's pretty cool! Will this offer still be up next month? I would definatly like to get a few. Mainly the classic discs.

"The dark can embrace the light, but never eclipse it."

typicaltronname
User

on Friday, March, 04, 2011 8:44 PM
jediknight0 Wrote:
typicaltronname Wrote:One thing, in your post you say "mods please delete this thread"

Thanks for catching that. Corrected.

typicaltronname Wrote:So in doing basic math (I am tired and I likely skipped over parts) It's 40 dollars for a blue disc? (labor + parts)

Actually, $50 the way I've laid it out. $20 for disc, $10 for LEDs, $20 for labor. That plus shipping back to you. I actually might be able to shave a few bucks off that but I'll have to check the price at my local Target. I think the sale ended but if it's still about $15 with tax then the cost of the disc would only be $15. I have a target almost walking distance from my work so I wouldn't have to go out of my way.

typicaltronname Wrote:Also, to cut down on costs, could a person just send you their disc (if they have one) so you can modify that one, so you don't have to go to the store to buy one and so on and so forth.

Depending on how much shipping cost to me, it might save a few bucks. I'd be a little concerned about the posibility of someone taking it from my door since I'm rarely home during normal hours or if (worst case) I needed to sign for it. Getting to the post office to pick it up is super difficult for me due to the schedule I work.

typicaltronname Wrote:Would you do custom orders? Say someone has an orange disc, but I would like have a blue outer ring, but keep the Orange inner "C" ring, could you do that?

Sure - as long as they either paid me for the disc parts or provided them. Right now I have easy access to the blue disc (practically everyone does) and I have a few white discs I'd be willing to sell. I know someone who has a couple orange discs they *might* be willing to part with for around $25 I imagine but I'd have to check with him.

So if someone paid me for a blue disc plus a white disc I'd be willing to take the clear parts out of the white disc and add them to the blue disc, for example.

typicaltronname Wrote:And finally, judging from these pictures, you do pretty good work. Very impressive

Thanks! I'm actually not trying to make a profit on any of this... I was just offering because I've had people show so much interest. I don't consider anything I've done to be particularly difficult or impressive but it just takes time and a little effort. I'm not doing a complete electronica swap or adding 60+ LEDs like some have done. My mods are simple but I think nice but the time invested.

Thanks for the info, man. I hope this offer stays, because I have some pretty big expenditures this month, that I've been planning on.

On behalf of everyone, thank you so much.

"Reveal your creation date or I will disassemble your code one operation at a time!"

Shangyou
User

on Saturday, March, 05, 2011 1:03 AM
I hope you are still making the discs next month because I need to save my money for a 3DS this month. :X

MCPcomputer
User

on Sunday, March, 06, 2011 5:55 PM

I will be buying a Kevin Flynn Disc in Disneyland.

So I was wondering if you could just mod that one?
I send it to you.. you buy LEDs
put it together..
then I just pay via paypal?

Because and then layer I would probably want my Sam Flynn Disc
modded as well '

So if we send out discs? you can just mod those right?

Hey man you can make a whole slew of these!
Start your own little enterprise man! LOL abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

"I want him in the games until he dies playing" -MCP
The Grid a Physical Frontier funny Tron Videohttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaMViP_QtZ8

typicaltronname
User

on Sunday, March, 06, 2011 5:59 PM
Shangyou Wrote:I hope you are still making the discs next month because I need to save my money for a 3DS this month. :X

Nice! I'm buying my sister's Sharp Aquos 26 inch TV, her huge wardrobe and a 12 String guitar.

Been planning these expenses FOR A LONG TIME.

jediknight0
User

on Sunday, March, 06, 2011 6:11 PM
MCPcomputer Wrote:

I will be buying a Kevin Flynn Disc in Disneyland.

So I was wondering if you could just mod that one?
I send it to you.. you buy LEDs
put it together..
then I just pay via paypal?

Because and then layer I would probably want my Sam Flynn Disc
modded as well '

So if we send out discs? you can just mod those right?

Hey man you can make a whole slew of these!
Start your own little enterprise man! LOL

Sure, I'll mod a disc you send to me but it might be easier to have me pick up discs locally. For the most part I'm not charging any markup on the parts at all. By the time you buy something and pay for shipping to me, it might not be worth it but it's your call. Also, if I end up having to pick it up at the post office because I'm not home at delivery time that could easily add a week to the time it takes me (I'm not near my post office during normal hours except on the weekend). I actually have a few Kevin discs right now that I've acquired through great difficulty (scouring 8 different targets multiple times a week for well over a month) that I'd be willing to part with.

Yes paypal will be the prefered payment method. Everything I can do should be layed out pretty clearly in the first post. If you supply parts then just the labor & shipping (back to you) prices should apply.

I don't think of this as a little enterprise - I didn't start my mods as an advertisement or anything. They were just something I wanted. At the rates I'm charging I'm not really making any significant money but just justifying the time involved to my wife a bit...
abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

jediknight0
User

on Sunday, March, 06, 2011 6:13 PM
TriggerEXE Wrote:That's pretty cool! Will this offer still be up next month? I would definatly like to get a few. Mainly the classic discs.

I'll keep doing this as long as it doesn't become a burden. In other words, as long as parts are still easily available, as long as the response doesn't become negative, as long as my wife doesn't give me any grief over a perpetually messy desk, etc.

jediknight0
User

on Sunday, March, 06, 2011 6:20 PM
G M Master 7th Wrote:As I'm retarded at math lol on the whole how much would the yellow Clu disc be?

PM sent. Depending on options you are looking around the $91 range.
abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

jediknight0
User

on Sunday, March, 06, 2011 6:29 PM
ctellis156 Wrote:what would i be looking at as far as cost for legacy disk in green like the one in picture, black disk, green glow?

It sounds like you would want a blue legacy disc (option #1) with green LEDs (option #3) and painted C-ring (option #5). You would probably want the 2 extra LEDs for the C ring as well (option #7). You'd be looking at $36 in parts, $25 in labor, plus whatever shipping costs from me to you.

You might want to consider option #8 (custom stand) as well.
order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pillabortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

ctellis156
User

on Sunday, March, 06, 2011 9:24 PM
jediknight0 Wrote:
ctellis156 Wrote:what would i be looking at as far as cost for legacy disk in green like the one in picture, black disk, green glow?

It sounds like you would want a blue legacy disc (option #1) with green LEDs (option #3) and painted C-ring (option #5). You would probably want the 2 extra LEDs for the C ring as well (option #7). You'd be looking at $36 in parts, $25 in labor, plus whatever shipping costs from me to you.

You might want to consider option #8 (custom stand) as well.
yeah just basic green legacy disc like u got in that photo. ill probably pass on the stand as i have some display hooks on my wall i use and dont use the stands that came with my discs origionally. my zip code is 35901 if you wanna figure up a price with shipping and let me know. i dont have to have any fancy overnight shipping or anything either

jediknight0
User

on Monday, March, 07, 2011 12:17 AM
User897 Wrote:Ouch. Well you can count me out on that price. Oh well.

I totally understand.

I'm curious though, what sort of prices were you expecting? I'm just wondering because I think I've laid out the costs of parts pretty well and I'm only charging a small token amount for labor for each type of mod.

Thanks.

Boba Fettuccini
User

on Monday, March, 07, 2011 12:24 AM
Bit much for me too. It's totally reasonable all things considered. But $90 or so is steep when it costs $50 a week to gas up my truck.

-==[ www.boba-fettuccini.com ]==-

Night Stalker
User

on Monday, March, 07, 2011 6:03 PM
Great job, those things look pretty damn sweet!

Chris
~Night Stalker

jediknight0
User

on Tuesday, March, 08, 2011 1:42 AM
Thanks for the feedback everyone.

mattkickbox
User

on Monday, March, 14, 2011 8:02 PM
This is very cool stuff.

Can someone explain what the normal store bought Legacy discs do?

Page: of 4 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 Collector