New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
Flynn1
User

- * - Greetings Programs, from longtime reader...now poster! - * -

on Monday, February, 21, 2011 7:43 PM
-

Greetings Programs!

I wanted my first post to be a shout out to the Tower Guardian, and all longtime posters of this Forum. I have throughly enjoyed reading 'Tron Sector' for about 6 years now, and after recently getting all rezzed up again about all things Tron thanks in part to the fantastic recent sequel, i felt it was time to join in and do more then just read!

So here i am...a User fresh from the real world, having just been sucked into the digital via a laser beam. Can i just say after 6 years of visiting here, you guys are great and i have enjoyed reading the various posts over the years. It is amazing how much this place has grown since the long awaited, long talked about ( long hoped for..!) sequel happened. It is awesome...and i am happy to finally be on the 'other side of the screen' now with all of you.

So a big thank you for all the info, insights, ideas, and general interesting topics you have all shared and talked about....and all the fantastic brilliance that is TRON!

I love Tron....always enjoyed this gem of a film. I have been a fan of Steve Lisbergers' style since first seeing his animated 'Animalyimpics' film in the very early 80s. I still love that effort, it really is a wonderfully clever and highly entertaining peice of animation. The music is fantastic too!

When 'Tron' was first released i remember seeing it in the theatre in 82' one summer afternoon..having 'theatre hopped' over a couple of rooms down from where i saw my first film of the day ( 'The Secret of NIMH'). I remember seeing only about half the movie, as i was not able to stay to the end...but what i saw was pretty neat. It would be years later when i saw the entire movie that it gelled and i became a big fan.

What i love about 'Tron' is it's originality, and daring edge at the time. It truly was a 'artistic endeavour' of a film...and i can respect that being a visual and performance artist myself. The images were stunning...and still stand up today to the test of time for the most part. I just love the whole concept of it...and it is mindboggling and at the same time highly impressive to learn how incredibly unique the process was to actually MAKE that movie. It rocks..nuf' said!

I too was hoping for a sequel, but only one that would be classy and decent..and not 'dumbed down'. When talk first started to circulate about a Tron 2...i admit i was both excited and concerned. When the first photos and trailers started to come out of the woodwork...again, i was excited about it actually happening...but at the same time more concern came to my mind. That all changed once i saw the final trailer for 'Tron : Legacy'....i was giddy as a school girl.

'Tron : Legacy' is a awesome followup. I am thrilled by all the marketing Disney did for it, and of course even more thrilled the film actually came out and was so good. I cannot wait to see this again when it hits disc....it really is one that needs to be watched over and over...much like it's original incarnation!

Okay...i will stop gushing on about my obsession now.....time to go off and start interacting with my fellow Programs and Users here on Tron Sector!

THANK YOU ALL for this fabulous website!!!

-

Traahn
User

RE: - * - Greetings Programs, from longtime reader...now poster! - * -

on Monday, February, 21, 2011 8:23 PM
I'd say, "Welcome, friend." But not here, not like this...

Surely, you recognize that quote from ? Otherwise, you'd be mad. But since you know I'm kiddingly quoting , you better not be mad at me

Yes, Tron. The movie that has inspired generations. It's nice to see Tron get a nice new dose of money, marketing and Disney backing after it sat so long in the derezz.bin file there.

Enjoy the goodness that awaits you here, now that your User has finally granted you read/write data entry privileges in this sector of the grid...

I'm getting out of here right now, and you guys are invited. -----^

ShadowSpark
User

on Tuesday, February, 22, 2011 6:42 PM
Welcome to the Tron-Sector! Who do you fight for?

{A very big thanks to FlynnOne for the pic! And to Wulfeous for sharpening the details!*huggles both*}
{Because people always seem to guess wrong, I'm saying it here: I'm female!!! And my name is Spark!!!}

Tron Lives!

Please click here to help my family out.

Flynn1
User

on Wednesday, February, 23, 2011 6:47 PM
-

Thank you fellow Conscripts for the energy-filled welcome.

Yes, i recognize that quote said by RAM..and what a great way to be welcomed!! So a big thanks for that ! Yes, my User took some time to grant me privilidges to converse here in this Sector, but now i am here to stay for many microcycles. I am rezzed up and ready to GO GO GO...at the speed of light!

The 'troll problem'...ah yes, i am quite familar with the most recent one that happened a couple of weeks ago ( thankfully never saw any of the pictures...) but i won't let it create a lot of 'cold circuits'. Best thing to do is just whip out your disc and take a long drink of pure energy to get you through the chaos.

Oh....and who do i fight for?

The USERS of course! Thank my User for finally letting me rez on the Grid with you all! A few years back i fell in with Sark and the MCP, but after getting annoyed with their rather restraining hold on my freedoms, i decided to break out and go off the Game Grid and strike out on my own. After some data upgrades, i was re-rezzed with a new purpose.

It is fantastic to be able to interact finally, and it has been awesome seeing so many more Programs join the Forum.

-

Vortex.EXE
User

on Sunday, February, 27, 2011 5:20 PM
Welcome to the Grid, mate.

Flynn1
User

on Wednesday, March, 16, 2011 5:37 PM
-
Thanks...it is great to be here!

( Take a sip of Pure Energy...)

AHhhhhhhhh....

ShadowSpark
User

on Wednesday, March, 16, 2011 7:01 PM
Flynn1 Wrote:Oh....and who do i fight for?

The USERS of course! Thank my User for finally letting me rez on the Grid with you all! A few years back i fell in with Sark and the MCP, but after getting annoyed with their rather restraining hold on my freedoms, i decided to break out and go off the Game Grid and strike out on my own. After some data upgrades, i was re-rezzed with a new purpose.

It is fantastic to be able to interact finally, and it has been awesome seeing so many more Programs join the Forum.

-

Greetings to a fellow User-believer then!

{A very big thanks to FlynnOne for the pic! And to Wulfeous for sharpening the details!*huggles both*}
{Because people always seem to guess wrong, I'm saying it here: I'm female!!! And my name is Spark!!!}

Tron Lives!

Flynn1
User

on Tuesday, March, 22, 2011 4:56 PM
-

Thank you ShadowSpark!

Yes, i am not afraid to admit that i beleive in the Users.

Absolutely beleive it.

I mean, without Users, who wrote me?

ShadowSpark
User

on Tuesday, March, 22, 2011 5:02 PM
Flynn1 Wrote:-

Thank you ShadowSpark!

Yes, i am not afraid to admit that i beleive in the Users.

Absolutely beleive it.

I mean, without Users, who wrote me?

*passes glass of energy* Cheers!where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

Tron Lives!

MCPcomputer
User

on Saturday, March, 26, 2011 1:03 AM

Greetings Programs!
Welcome to The Grid....

I am the MCP...

Enjoy your time here..

End of Line order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

"I want him in the games until he dies playing" -MCP
The Grid a Physical Frontier funny Tron Videohttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaMViP_QtZ8

LIT
User

on Thursday, June, 16, 2011 5:28 PM
Welcome

My name is LIT (Learning Intelligence Tool)

I fight for the users and Tron

I hope you have a great time posting in Tron-Sector.

END OF LINE where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

(a big thx to FlynnOne for the awesome pic)

Defending The Grid Against All Viruses And Rogue Programs

Minecraft Server: mcthegrid.no-ip.org

Flynn1
User

on Sunday, October, 28, 2012 6:51 PM
-

Thank you LIT....a pleasure to meet up.

Have a disc full of Pure Source on me!

( passes disc..)

I have been enjoying myself quite a bit. Always a pleasure to converse with other Programs!

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 Status Bar 
 - * - Greetings Programs, from longtime reader...now poster! - * -