Collector 
 3 man light jet mod

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments: FirstPrevious Page: of 3 PagesNextLast
Glitch
User

RE: 3 man light jet mod

on Thursday, February, 17, 2011 11:35 PM
From the sounds of it, if it only means wiring in an extra LED and possibly a button/switch then that should be very simple to do, running off 3xAAA's (is that right?) the LED will need a resistor, I have plenty of those and plenty of white 3mm LEDs so might be able to help out with them.order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pillwhere to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

DevRevenge
User

on Thursday, February, 17, 2011 11:40 PM
Yeah it runs off 3 AAAs. Your package is finally going in the mail in the morning, Glitch. Had to wait for an Amazon payment to come through (the paypal still hasn't cleared.)

IsoLine
User

on Friday, February, 18, 2011 12:22 AM
Abraxas Wrote:That is a pricey toy to be gutting unless you know what you are doing......
Figures are thru the roof! Have you guys seen the new Thor figure line for the movie? 12.99 for a 3 3/4 figure. Insane! No wonder the Tron line is done

Prices are going up due to the economy and the fact that plastic (a petroleum byproduct) is becoming a costly commodity by dint of the petrol markets.order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pillabortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

"Word to the Motherboard!" - IsoLine

Glitch
User

on Friday, February, 18, 2011 12:34 AM
JediTray, so long as the toy can be taken apart easily, the addition of an LED+resistor should be childs play.

DevRevenge, cool, no worries on the delay, I often source things from outside the UK so there's almost always a time when I'm waiting for a package.abortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

CorrupTron
User

on Friday, February, 18, 2011 12:48 AM
Abraxas Wrote:That is a pricey toy to be gutting unless you know what you are doing......
Figures are thru the roof! Have you guys seen the new Thor figure line for the movie? 12.99 for a 3 3/4 figure. Insane! No wonder the Tron line is done

Figures are $7.99 at my Toys R Us and K-Mart.

WorldOutWest
Sector Admin

on Friday, February, 18, 2011 1:19 AM
Toys 'R Us has a nice variety of TRON: LEGACY items up for a few days on ebay for "buy it now" purchasing directly through them (with multiples of each currently available) -- including the hard-to-find 3 Man Light Jet (5 of these were sold in the past couple of hours - now only 6 left) and 12 inch Ultimate CLU Action Figure - here's the link for their ebay TRON listings:

http://shop.ebay.com/toysrus/m.html?_nkw=tron&_sacat=0&_odkw=&_osacat=0&_trksid=p3911.c0.m270.l1313

-- get them while you can -- and good luck…!

- Jaywhere to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill onlineabortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

Castor from TRON: LEGACY - "Change the scheme..! Alter the mood...! Electrify the boys and girls if you'd be so kind.."

Rookerdesigns
User

on Friday, February, 18, 2011 1:31 AM
Man.. Wish I knew how to do this modding stuff.. I would put lights on everything.. lol..

You did a great job.... Love it

I love what I do.. and What I do Loves me

Zuse
User

on Friday, February, 18, 2011 3:33 AM
Jedi do you really think it's worth it to destroy a Light Runner just to have the figures interact with the Jet? I know with my Light Runner the figure gimmick just pisses me off because I can't get Quorra or Kevin to snap into the seats, therefore the lights won't stay on unless I have Sam in it. I also have problems with getting figures in Kevin Flynn's Light Cycle to hold its button down. I'd rather the light feature just always work when I want them to regardless of if the figures are in the vehicle, in a very specific way no less. As far as gimmick's are concerned I think that one only hurts the toys.

End of line

Sinje
User

on Friday, February, 18, 2011 3:40 AM
Zuse, I dunno if this works for all of the kevin flynn light cycles but if you turned the seat button a quarter or halfway in either direction, it seems to depress the inner mechanism so it tricks the cycle into thinking there's a figure in it. or at least it worked on mine since i couldn't seem to crack the toy open in order to fix it so it does the same thing.order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

Zuse
User

on Friday, February, 18, 2011 4:07 AM
Sinje Wrote:Zuse, I dunno if this works for all of the kevin flynn light cycles but if you turned the seat button a quarter or halfway in either direction, it seems to depress the inner mechanism so it tricks the cycle into thinking there's a figure in it. or at least it worked on mine since i couldn't seem to crack the toy open in order to fix it so it does the same thing.

My seat button doesn't turn. I'll probably just tape it down or something.

JediTray Wrote:If one could afford to buy a Jet and a Runner before the stock runs out, I think it would indeed be worth it. In the case of the Jet, the figures snap in quite easily. I do have Quorra driving the Light Runner, but it was a helluva chore. The Jet was designed to have the feature, and the other vehicles being more sophisticated just doesn't sit right with me. The biggest toy shouldn't be the dumbest, so to speak. Especially for Tron.

Let's not forget that Spin Master dumbed it down really late in the game, proven by the "Lights up with figure" claims on the back of the box.

The seat buttons, wires, one of the LED's, the circuitboard that provides the blinking LED gimmick, and possibly a bit of the clear blue plastic is all that is needed from the Runner. I say it's worth the shot, especially since the Jet was designed to have the "extras" in the first place.

But the point is either way you have to push a button to get the vehicles to light up, so the vehicle should light up for more than 2 seconds when you want it to regardless of if a figure is clicked into the seat or not. Maybe I could understand the seat buttons being desirable if instead of an external button the vehicle lit up on its on when you put the figures in, and STAYED on for as long as you left them in there. The way they were designed just seems redundant to me though.where to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

End of line

nonoperative
User

on Monday, February, 21, 2011 1:40 PM
Yeahh ... i hate how they light up for a few seconds and thats it... how do they expect to sell any more batteries if we forgt to turn it off....HA . order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pillwhere to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

CorrupTron
User

on Monday, February, 21, 2011 10:15 PM
Wonder if parts from this would work for a folding wing mod:

CorrupTron
User

on Wednesday, February, 23, 2011 6:43 PM
I really want to try the EL tape to make the whole jet illuminate. Can this stuff be bought in stores anywhere or can you only order it online?

CorrupTron
User

on Thursday, March, 03, 2011 5:17 AM
A Userrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...

where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

Errex
User

on Thursday, March, 03, 2011 9:19 AM
Zuse Wrote:Jedi do you really think it's worth it to destroy a Light Runner just to have the figures interact with the Jet? I know with my Light Runner the figure gimmick just pisses me off because I can't get Quorra or Kevin to snap into the seats, therefore the lights won't stay on unless I have Sam in it. I also have problems with getting figures in Kevin Flynn's Light Cycle to hold its button down. I'd rather the light feature just always work when I want them to regardless of if the figures are in the vehicle, in a very specific way no less. As far as gimmick's are concerned I think that one only hurts the toys.

Oddly, in my light runner one of the seat buttons seems to be stuck in, so it always remains lighted for more than just a few seconds if I push the button and set it in the "ON" mode.

And yes, it irks me to no end that only Sam can fit the vehicle as it is supposedly intended and only after a good ammount of finagling.

CorrupTron
User

on Sunday, March, 06, 2011 4:02 PM
I've never been able to get the seat feature to work on my Light Runner. I got Sam's disc snapped in and he never lights up. Even putting pressure on his chest he won't light up in the chair and every time I pull him out the figure falls apart and I have to snap him back together. Good idea, lousy execution.

CorrupTron
User

on Sunday, March, 06, 2011 9:43 PM
I thought that was the big selling "feature" was that the light disc button would illuminate the figure and the vehicle simultaneously? They even advertise it on the back of the 3-Man Light Jet box but removed the mechanism from the seats when they decided to cheap out and give up on this line.

BTW - I finally took my jet apart and rewired it to stay on when the switch is on. I removed the red and black wires from the missile launcher circuits with a solder iron and twisted them to the wires coming from the battery switch with electrical tape. I don't have heat shrink tubing but it worked perfect. Piece of cake really.on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill onlineabortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

CorrupTron
User

on Sunday, March, 06, 2011 10:31 PM
I didn't take pics but really, there's no need. Once you uncrew it all and take it apart you see exactly which wires need to be removed and where to attach them. It's just that simple. The hardest part is getting it back together. After I got all the screws in one of my missiles would not fire and I had to take it all apart again and adjust the spring mechanism and put it back together. I spent more time than I should have just because of that. The mod itself can be done in less than 10 minutes.

The back of the Light Jet box specifically says "Lights Up With Figure" and points to both of the missile launcher lights.

Night Stalker
User

on Monday, March, 07, 2011 8:32 PM
Nice mod. This is the one toy I still have to get for my boys. Of the 3" figure size anyway.where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

Chris
~Night Stalker

CorrupTron
User

on Friday, March, 11, 2011 3:58 PM
Holy crap! Kmart has 3-man Light Jets for $17.99!!!

FirstPrevious Page: of 3 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 Collector 
 3 man light jet mod