Red Circuitry

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments: FirstPrevious Page: of 3 PagesNextLast
cirlin
User

RE: Red Circuitry

on Monday, February, 07, 2011 9:10 PM
DevourTheLiving Wrote:
cirlin Wrote:I've been noticing a lot of people referring to the sentries and other Clu aligned programs as being Orange, and I just don't see that at all. To me they look very red, almost crimson. Rinzler is a little different, and I think he is more in the orange range, or at least red with bits a white, but it's hard to tell with him because he has so few glowing spots.

Well, like I said, it's orange, but typically very dark, but not really red (though there were a few times I thought so, particularly the light cycle battle).

This image is not a real good example as it's washed out compared to the shot's final appearance. In any case it still looks red to me.

These images show what I saw in the movie:

The shot with Clu Jarvis and Rinzler is a good one as it shows the difference between the three. Clue is goldenrod, Jarvis is really red, and Rinzler is orange-red. I actually really like that there is a difference between Rinzler and all the other programs on Clu's side. It helps show that he's different, and as we find later, not there by choice.

typicaltronname
User

on Monday, February, 07, 2011 9:14 PM
Still looks orange to me. Is this a Potato, Potatto thing with eyes?

"Reveal your creation date or I will disassemble your code one operation at a time!"

cirlin
User

on Monday, February, 07, 2011 9:15 PM
CorrupTron Wrote:What confuses me is Sam's suit appears quite white through most of the film and yet he is considered to be blue.

I keep going back and forth on that too. If I look directly into the lit-up areas it's pretty clearly white, but it's the contrast at the edges where the glow interacts with the color of the suit that my eye starts to pick up blue. It might just be a trick of the eye, but it's still a definite feeling of blue. It's like a less overt version of a lightsaber. I think of Obi-Wan or Luke's saber as blue, but it's really mostly white with some blue at the edges of the glow.

typicaltronname
User

on Monday, February, 07, 2011 9:17 PM
cirlin Wrote:
CorrupTron Wrote:What confuses me is Sam's suit appears quite white through most of the film and yet he is considered to be blue.

I keep going back and forth on that too. If I look directly into the lit-up areas it's pretty clearly white, but it's the contrast at the edges where the glow interacts with the color of the suit that my eye starts to pick up blue. It might just be a trick of the eye, but it's still a definite feeling of blue. It's like a less overt version of a lightsaber. I think of Obi-Wan or Luke's saber as blue, but it's really mostly white with some blue at the edges of the glow.

Same here, I thought of their Light Sabers. You know it's blue, but look closer and it turns white.

"Reveal your creation date or I will disassemble your code one operation at a time!"

Kat
User

on Monday, February, 07, 2011 11:10 PM
I'm sure it's a difference in monitors, for one. And perhaps in various theater screens.

I saw Sam and Quorra as both having white circuitry. I'm still trying to figure out where the classic T:L aqua-ish color comes from (though I could be "misremembering" since it's been so long since I saw the movie and maybe the color figures in prominently somewhere).

What do you want? I'm busy.

Program, please!

Chaos.... good news.

cirlin
User

on Monday, February, 07, 2011 11:52 PM
typicaltronname Wrote:Still looks orange to me. Is this a Potato, Potatto thing with eyes?
Must be, because Jarvis looks as red as a traffic light in that one shot. I'm curious though, can you see the difference between Jarvis and Rinzler?

Traahn
User

on Monday, February, 07, 2011 11:54 PM
No matter the reason, they seriously need to bring red back. Orange and mostly white were fine for one movie, but I think I've had enough of them being the main colors of a Tron movie. Time to go back to red and blue. Technical limitations have little place in 2010. I will use After Effects or roto-scoping and make the circuits glow red in Tron 3 if they need me to.

I'm getting out of here right now, and you guys are invited. -----^

IsoLine
User

on Monday, February, 07, 2011 11:55 PM
Traahn Wrote:No matter the reason, they seriously need to bring red back. Orange and mostly white were fine for one movie, but I think I've had enough of it. Time to go back to red and blue. Technical limitations have little place in 2010. I will use After Effects or roto-scoping and make the circuits glow red in Tron 3 if they need me to.

Or use colored theatrical gels.
on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill online

"Word to the Motherboard!" - IsoLine

Traahn
User

on Monday, February, 07, 2011 11:55 PM

typicaltronname
User

on Tuesday, February, 08, 2011 12:04 AM
cirlin Wrote:
typicaltronname Wrote:Still looks orange to me. Is this a Potato, Potatto thing with eyes?
Must be, because Jarvis looks as red as a traffic light in that one shot. I'm curious though, can you see the difference between Jarvis and Rinzler?

Yes, to me Rinzler has a brighter orange, and Jar-Jarvis has dark orange.

Fygee
User

on Tuesday, February, 08, 2011 11:41 AM
LWSrocks Wrote:White suit with silver circuitry = Siren

Blue circuitry = Standard Programs

Plain white = The users

Orange = Military/The Loyalists

Yellow = Clu

Straight out of the guidebook.

And there we have it.

Goat!
User

on Tuesday, February, 08, 2011 1:16 PM
On a similar but semi-unrelated note, I missed the 'electronified' terrain in T:L. Evey surface that the programs walked on in the original was obviously a result of digital/video effects. It seems that the terrain in T:L is much more organic. So, touching on the earlier post mentioning that the rich RED should be brought back in the third movie, I'd also like to see some more digitally created terrain/surfaces. It may be less 'minimalistic', but I want it done! MAKE IT HAPPEN!

morgul
User

on Wednesday, February, 09, 2011 10:59 AM
i think it was dark orangeabortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

NickScratch
User

on Wednesday, February, 09, 2011 10:32 PM
FusionAddict Wrote:For the record, there's no underlying message to the lines being orange instead of red. The red EL strips they used for the film shift between deep red and more of an orange depending on the surrounding lighting. If you look closely a similar color shift happens to Clu (Gold-orange ---> Lemon yellow) and Sam (Light blue ---> white). It depends strictly on the color balance of whichever set they're on and how the camera white balance is set in a particular scene.

Also, the meaning behind the colors is explained in the Art of Tron Legacy book. The reason Clu is Yellow/Gold and his underlings are Orange/Red is strictly to help him be easier to pick out of a crowd of characters. If his colors matched the guards & sentries he'd be harder to spot if he had his helmet on. This is the same reason Rinzler/Tron has very little EL lighting on his suit.

Red & Yellow hues represent the upper-class & privileged of Tron City, Clu's loyalists. White represents the middle/working class, and Blue & Green represent the rebel forces, lower class & Flynn loyalists.

This. Well said.
abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

nonoperative
User

on Thursday, February, 10, 2011 12:09 AM
YEAH....and the moral of the story is....Do not let COLOR BLIND people make these choices.....like CLU'S orange light cycle 1;50 diecast at retail ... maybe they ran low on yellow paint....

Traahn
User

on Thursday, February, 10, 2011 12:52 AM
Goat! Wrote:On a similar but semi-unrelated note, I missed the 'electronified' terrain in T:L. Evey surface that the programs walked on in the original was obviously a result of digital/video effects. It seems that the terrain in T:L is much more organic. So, touching on the earlier post mentioning that the rich RED should be brought back in the third movie, I'd also like to see some more digitally created terrain/surfaces. It may be less 'minimalistic', but I want it done! MAKE IT HAPPEN!
I agree. The T:L world is pretty tangible... too tangible, imo, for a digital world. The original movie feels more digital and other-worldly and I like that.

Kat
User

on Thursday, February, 10, 2011 7:06 AM
Y'know, I made sure to pay extra attention the other day, and some parts I thought it looked quite red, and others, not so much...must depend on the lighting. After all, in some scenes, the characters look pretty washed out too (Siren scene, anyone, where Sam's skin looks like death and his eyes almost seem to glow [comment from dark-brown-eyed me to my blue-eyed partner: "I'd never make it there. I don't have glowing blue eyes, I'd freak them out because mine would come out looking like black holes in that lighting. You, on the other hand, would do great."] or the dinner scene where something about the lighting almost makes Sam look like he's wearing as much eyeliner as Quorra?

What do you want? I'm busy.

Program, please!

Chaos.... good news.

Traahn
User

on Thursday, February, 10, 2011 8:22 AM
I like when his eyes flicker blue right when the identity disc marrying completes in the siren scene, as if its a pulse of electric energy going through him. And i like the weird ultraviolet-like reflection in them as he walks toward the light just after getting his disc.

As for the colorless in the face, I like that they respected that aspect of the original film. Yeah, it looks like they often used bright fluorescent lights to achieve or cheat it, which gives a harsh complexion at times, but at least they did it. order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pill

FirstPrevious Page: of 3 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON: LEGACY 
 Red Circuitry