TRON: LEGACY 
 Red Circuitry

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 3 PagesNextLast
DevourTheLiving
User

Red Circuitry

on Wednesday, February, 02, 2011 6:18 AM
Could just be that my eyes are playing tricks on me, but I've noticed on the Tron Wiki that the sentries and Rinzler have been listed as having red circuitry. I just saw the film again last night and it looks orange (albeit dark orange in places) and definitely not red. Am I blind?abortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

cirlin
User

RE: Red Circuitry

on Wednesday, February, 02, 2011 1:55 PM
I've been noticing a lot of people referring to the sentries and other Clu aligned programs as being Orange, and I just don't see that at all. To me they look very red, almost crimson. Rinzler is a little different, and I think he is more in the orange range, or at least red with bits a white, but it's hard to tell with him because he has so few glowing spots.

DevourTheLiving
User

on Wednesday, February, 02, 2011 2:00 PM
cirlin Wrote:I've been noticing a lot of people referring to the sentries and other Clu aligned programs as being Orange, and I just don't see that at all. To me they look very red, almost crimson. Rinzler is a little different, and I think he is more in the orange range, or at least red with bits a white, but it's hard to tell with him because he has so few glowing spots.

Well, like I said, it's orange, but typically very dark, but not really red (though there were a few times I thought so, particularly the light cycle battle).

Errex
User

on Wednesday, February, 02, 2011 2:26 PM
They look orange to me.

typicaltronname
User

on Wednesday, February, 02, 2011 2:27 PM
Yeah, same here. Looked like a somewhat dark orange to me.

"Reveal your creation date or I will disassemble your code one operation at a time!"

joltheadq
User

on Wednesday, February, 02, 2011 2:45 PM
It just occurred to me that maybe this move from red to orange is significant to a proposed theory I read about the underlying meaning of Legacy. [http://bradrtorgersen.wordpress.com/2010/12/22/tron-legacy-a-modern-fairy-tale/]The correlations proposed are symmetrical to the story of the beginning. I hope that I don't reflect any single-mindedness in this reflection but I feel that the switch from red to orange symbolizes the Sun in its shades of bright and dark orange.
Why would this be significant? In the book of Genesis, Big A and Big E were ousted from the garden and an angle was placed at its entrance to prevent humans from reentering. This Angel is said to posses a flaming sword swinging in all directions. If you took a professional camera and held the shutter open while someone swings anything emitting light in all directions you would essentially have a photo of something very reminiscent of the Sun (not taking the color of the light into consideration).
Prometheus in polytheism can be regarded similarly to Lucifer (C.L.U.) and his name literally means "the light bearer."
This is what I feel the Clue may be eluding to.

Fygee
User

on Wednesday, February, 02, 2011 2:58 PM
They are most definitely orange, with CLU being the exception with yellow of course.

That and those with blue circuitry are a much more lighter blue, almost to the point of being white.

Fygee
User

on Wednesday, February, 02, 2011 4:23 PM
joltheadq Wrote:It just occurred to me that maybe this move from red to orange is significant to a proposed theory I read about the underlying meaning of Legacy. [http://bradrtorgersen.wordpress.com/2010/12/22/tron-legacy-a-modern-fairy-tale/]The correlations proposed are symmetrical to the story of the beginning. I hope that I don't reflect any single-mindedness in this reflection but I feel that the switch from red to orange symbolizes the Sun in its shades of bright and dark orange.
Why would this be significant? In the book of Genesis, Big A and Big E were ousted from the garden and an angle was placed at its entrance to prevent humans from reentering. This Angel is said to posses a flaming sword swinging in all directions. If you took a professional camera and held the shutter open while someone swings anything emitting light in all directions you would essentially have a photo of something very reminiscent of the Sun (not taking the color of the light into consideration).
Prometheus in polytheism can be regarded similarly to Lucifer (C.L.U.) and his name literally means "the light bearer."
This is what I feel the Clue may be eluding to.

I think you're overthinking things a bit there guy.

Errex
User

on Thursday, February, 03, 2011 12:13 PM
The Clu/Lucifer analogy is not very subtle in the movie, but something I like about the script is that the Legacy universe seems deceptively simple, but has layers upon layers of hidden meaning woven in.

Or maybe they just wanted to be as ambiguous as possible and for some reason it paid off.where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

Cellien
User

on Thursday, February, 03, 2011 12:18 PM
Orange.order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

Imbroglio
User

on Friday, February, 04, 2011 3:27 PM
It looks more burnt sienna than red or orange.

Cellien
User

on Friday, February, 04, 2011 4:12 PM
Basically another way of saying dark orange.

Goat!
User

on Sunday, February, 06, 2011 6:20 PM
I agree with the 'orange' believers.

Clu was the only program to ever be yellow. It would make sense that he would remain as such. The orange-ish hue to the red characters is probably due to the fact that they fall under Clu's control, but (like the highlander) there can be only one yellow program. abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

NickScratch
User

on Sunday, February, 06, 2011 9:11 PM
Show me it on a color swatch and ill say Orange.

Show it to me in an obvious TRON context, I'll say red. Canon states its red. Its red.

Though in evolution is blue team and orange team....

STILL RED.

Though Sam, Kevin, Tron and Quorra were absolutely completely purest white. I ain't buying into any shizzz that that was supposed to be blue. Look at the pics of the lights when they are turned off, clearly they are made to look white.

Same ofcourse for Zuse/Castor and Gem. Clearly white, but I don't think anyone will disagree there.

Some background characters were what blue should look like.

Traahn
User

on Sunday, February, 06, 2011 9:50 PM
Orange. I think Red is saved for the truly evil villains, like a system controlled by Sark and the MCP. I think Tron 3 will bring Red back. Clu was evil, but in the form of wanting to build the perfect system and please Flynn. Whereas the MCP was just evil.

I'm getting out of here right now, and you guys are invited. -----^

ShadowDragon1
User

on Sunday, February, 06, 2011 10:32 PM
Color symbolism:

Orange: energy, vitality, resourcefulness,
negative aspects: irritability, frustration.

Red: aggression, strength, ambition,
impatience, hostility, anger.

Sound familiar?

"The film is about finding human connection in an increasingly digital world." - Joseph Kosinski

FusionAddict
User

on Monday, February, 07, 2011 2:50 PM
For the record, there's no underlying message to the lines being orange instead of red. The red EL strips they used for the film shift between deep red and more of an orange depending on the surrounding lighting. If you look closely a similar color shift happens to Clu (Gold-orange ---> Lemon yellow) and Sam (Light blue ---> white). It depends strictly on the color balance of whichever set they're on and how the camera white balance is set in a particular scene.

Also, the meaning behind the colors is explained in the Art of Tron Legacy book. The reason Clu is Yellow/Gold and his underlings are Orange/Red is strictly to help him be easier to pick out of a crowd of characters. If his colors matched the guards & sentries he'd be harder to spot if he had his helmet on. This is the same reason Rinzler/Tron has very little EL lighting on his suit.

Red & Yellow hues represent the upper-class & privileged of Tron City, Clu's loyalists. White represents the middle/working class, and Blue & Green represent the rebel forces, lower class & Flynn loyalists.

The Clu abides, man...

Fygee
User

on Monday, February, 07, 2011 7:26 PM
Goat! Wrote:I agree with the 'orange' believers.

Clu was the only program to ever be yellow. It would make sense that he would remain as such. The orange-ish hue to the red characters is probably due to the fact that they fall under Clu's control, but (like the highlander) there can be only one yellow program.

Thinking more into it, red + yellow = orange. Perhaps they were red and Clu's yellow influence makes them orange?

As I mentioned before though, that's probably just thinking way too much about it and that there's nothing that deep or intentional about it.

ender9492 Wrote:The set photos make it look red:

And the circuitry blends in in this photo, of which the lights obviously have a red filter on:

And the discs look red as well:

But i'm going to go ahead and say it's Neon, in much the same way the "Flynn's" sign is "neon red":

Even though they look red on the set pieces, it's likely just because the lights on the suits are turned off. I thought that it could be the ambient lighting of Flynn's room, but if you look at the other picture above they're clearly orange.

Those last two pictures look orange to me as well, though it's more of a redder orange than orange orange.

FusionAddict
User

on Monday, February, 07, 2011 8:04 PM
Thinking more into it, red + yellow = orange. Perhaps they were red and Clu's yellow influence makes them orange?

Nope. Just the influence of the fluorescents they used for lighting on the set, which have a substantially different color temperature than that 5400K EL strips.

The Clu abides, man...

CorrupTron
User

on Monday, February, 07, 2011 8:49 PM
What confuses me is Sam's suit appears quite white through most of the film and yet he is considered to be blue.

Page: of 3 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON: LEGACY 
 Red Circuitry