Forums (I/O Tower)
Forums 
  General Discussion 
 So what kind of popcorn was Allan eating in the first Tron ?

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
MCPcomputer
User

on Wednesday, January, 05, 2011 2:35 AM

So we all know the famous popcorn scene from Tron. When the other user asks Alan if he could have some of his popcorn. Well what kind was it? microwave brand or popcorn premade in a bag. Or was it something else home made perhaps?

I stay up late sometimes thinking of this. I was hoping I could find the answer here. What kind of popcorn was Alan eating ? where to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

"I want him in the games until he dies playing" -MCP
The Grid a Physical Frontier funny Tron Videohttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaMViP_QtZ8

typicaltronname
User

RE: So what kind of popcorn was Allan eating in the first Tron ?

on Wednesday, January, 05, 2011 2:39 AM
MCPcomputer Wrote:
So we all know the famous popcorn scene from Tron. When the other user asks Alan if he could have some of his popcorn. Well what kind was it? microwave brand or popcorn premade in a bag. Or was it something else home made perhaps?

I stay up late sometimes thinking of this. I was hoping I could find the answer here. What kind of popcorn was Alan eating ?

HAS to be microwaved popcorn. Easier to make at the office than bring it from home.

Since his mousy next door office neighbor asked for popcorn, I can infer that Alan got the last bag, or that he was a lazy fellow.

order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

"Reveal your creation date or I will disassemble your code one operation at a time!"

ShadowDragon1
User

on Wednesday, January, 05, 2011 2:45 AM
Looked closely on that scene in the movie, and it showed a hot air popcorn popper behind his char on a small table...

looking sort of like this...

"The film is about finding human connection in an increasingly digital world." - Joseph Kosinski

MCPcomputer
User

on Wednesday, January, 05, 2011 2:48 AM
typicaltronname Wrote:
MCPcomputer Wrote:

I stay up late sometimes thinking of this. I was hoping I could find the answer here. What kind of popcorn was Alan eating ?

HAS to be microwaved popcorn. Easier to make at the office than bring it from home.

Since his mousy next door office neighbor asked for popcorn, I can infer that Alan got the last bag, or that he was a lazy fellow.

Ha ha ha!! I'll go with that his fellow Encom programmer was just lazy! LOL

The Grid a Physical Frontier funny Tron Videohttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaMViP_QtZ8

MCPcomputer
User

on Wednesday, January, 05, 2011 2:51 AM
ShadowDragon1 Wrote:Looked closely on that scene in the movie, and it showed a hot air popcorn popper behind his char on a small table...

looking sort of like this...

Oh really? I never noticed it! I gotta stop the movie on that part again and zoom in.
Well thanks for finding the answer. I guess I need one of those popcorn makers. Because I'm up working late and making microwave popcorn! lol...

End of Line where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill onlineabortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

IsoLine
User

on Wednesday, January, 05, 2011 3:26 PM
It was definately hot air popcorn. The popper is the Wear Ever Popcorn Pumper, I cannot tell if it is a model 72000 or 73000 as they are very close to one another. I used to have that same hot air popper and besides being noisy, it is incredibly convienant for making popcorn. All you have to do is turn it on, and dump a cup of popcorn in and wait for it to flow out of the popper into your bowl. The bad thing about hot air popped corn however is that there is no flavor. You have to butter it or oil it in some fashion to get salt to stick to it.

You can be just like Alan Bradley and own one....
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160445092011&hlp=false&rvr_id=194241319358&crlp=1_263602_304652&UA=%3F*I8&GUID=c7ac7bd112b0a02652a0c0f0ffe7f610&itemid=160445092011&ff4=263602_304652 where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

"Word to the Motherboard!" - IsoLine

lurkinghorror
User

on Thursday, January, 06, 2011 4:12 PM
typicaltronname Wrote:

In the late 70's/early 80's??

I don't think microwaveable popcorn even existed back then as a household item. Microwaves themselves were still fairly uncommon.

typicaltronname
User

on Thursday, January, 06, 2011 4:17 PM
lurkinghorror Wrote:
typicaltronname Wrote:

In the late 70's/early 80's??

I don't think microwaveable popcorn even existed back then as a household item. Microwaves themselves were still fairly uncommon.

It got more common through out the 70's. Not too many people owned them, but they existed alright.

I think a big corporation can shell out a couple hundred bucks for a microwave, it's not like they're taking too much of a financial hit.
on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill online

"Reveal your creation date or I will disassemble your code one operation at a time!"

Imbroglio
User

on Thursday, January, 06, 2011 4:37 PM
Orville Redenbacher popcorn! Eating too much of that stuff made Flynn face go all weird just like this guy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ly7Opb7TaQg

Carader
User

on Thursday, January, 06, 2011 5:19 PM
Yeah it was definitely the hot air popper, because I remember seeing it in his cubicle. Also, because you mentioned the "lazy popcorn co-worker", did anyone else know that the guy who plays him is the guy who plays Ram?on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill online

typicaltronname
User

on Thursday, January, 06, 2011 5:20 PM
I didn't, not until a couple days ago, though.

Interesting how the programs knew each other in the Grid, just like their Users in the Real World.

madopal
User

on Tuesday, May, 13, 2014 9:42 PM
IsoLine Wrote:It was definately hot air popcorn. The popper is the Wear Ever Popcorn Pumper, I cannot tell if it is a model 72000 or 73000 as they are very close to one another.

Bringing back an old thread, I was checking this out recently to find the popper. It is in fact a Wear Ever Popcorn Pumper, and judging by my screenshot here:

It is in fact a 72000.

You can tell by the butter tray being in the base instead of on the plastic head. In the screen shot above, you can see it to the left of his hand. The label side is facing away from the camera.

Now, if I could figure out what model his tape deck is...order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pill

Kat
User

on Tuesday, May, 13, 2014 11:19 PM
ShadowDragon1 Wrote:Looked closely on that scene in the movie, and it showed a hot air popcorn popper behind his char on a small table...

I was going to say, didn't we see a popcorn popper in one of the screenshots?

IsoLine Wrote:The bad thing about hot air popped corn however is that there is no flavor. You have to butter it or oil it in some fashion to get salt to stick to it.

That's why it had the handy little cup on top for adding your butter!

(I wanted a hot-air popper. For Christmas my mom got me one of the ones with the bowl and the rotating arm on the hot plate. It's cooler to watch, but sucks to wash {my sink's not so big, for one}... the normal hot-air popper would've been easier...)

*resists the urge to go make popcorn now*

Really, that was just a WEIRD part of the movie...abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

What do you want? I'm busy.

Program, please!

Chaos.... good news.

typicaltronname
User

on Wednesday, May, 14, 2014 7:17 PM
Man, I can't get the last reply on anything now. Y'all waited three years to do this to me.

Your treachery is noted.

MCPcomputer
User

on Wednesday, May, 28, 2014 2:14 PM

Sorry program I wrote this post back in 2011....

i would use some of Alan's popcorn right about now.
I'm writing codes and programming today.abortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

typicaltronname
User

on Wednesday, May, 28, 2014 11:47 PM
It's all good, MCP. order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  General Discussion