Forums (I/O Tower)
Forums 
 Fan Fiction & Art 
 Tron: Redemption - An Illustrated Novella PART ONE AVAILABLE!

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 5 PagesNextLast
jonwes
User

on Monday, December, 27, 2010 2:31 PM
Hey everyone, I just wanted to announce my upcoming novella called Tron: Redemption! It's a fan project I'm embarking on that pics up Tron's story right after Legacy. Part One will be coming up soon, I'm still currently working on it. But I can share the cover painting which I recently finished. I'll keep this thread updated with the latest news.

It's here! You can now read part one on Issuu.com (I recommend the full screen mode):
http://issuu.com/jonwes/docs/tronredemption1

Discuss it on tron-sector.com here.

CaptainCR
User

RE: Tron: Redemption - An Illustrated Novella in Three Parts

on Monday, December, 27, 2010 4:51 PM
jonwes Wrote:Hey everyone, I just wanted to announce my upcoming novella called Tron: Redemption! It's a fan project I'm embarking on that pics up Tron's story right after Legacy. Part One will be coming up soon, I'm still currently working on it. But I can share the cover painting which I recently finished. I'll keep this thread updated with the latest news.

(Click For Larger, non-squished Pic)

pretty awesome posterorder abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

"You know you don't look a thing like your pictures?"

CB2001
User

on Monday, December, 27, 2010 5:00 PM
Sweet!

TronGate
User

on Monday, December, 27, 2010 9:25 PM
Nice poster... I'm guessing it is Tron coming out of the Sea of Simulation?

jonwes
User

on Monday, December, 27, 2010 10:15 PM
Thanks everyone!

And yep, that's what it is.

jonwes
User

on Tuesday, December, 28, 2010 12:56 AM
It's really just more of a dramatic image. I don't know that it has to perfectly relate to the content of the story. It would have been kind of lame just to have his fist coming out of the water. Although it does give me an interesting idea...

When DID Rinzler lose his discs, btw? I didn't even notice. Was it when he fell off the ledge of the Throne Ship as Sam rescues Quorra? Do we see them fall or just that he doesn't seem to have them on his back?abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

Carcarius
User

on Tuesday, December, 28, 2010 1:03 AM
jonwes Wrote:It's really just more of a dramatic image. I don't know that it has to perfectly relate to the content of the story. It would have been kind of lame just to have his fist coming out of the water. Although it does give me an interesting idea...

When DID Rinzler lose his discs, btw? I didn't even notice. Was it when he fell off the ledge of the Throne Ship as Sam rescues Quorra? Do we see them fall or just that he doesn't seem to have them on his back?
It was when Sam rescues Quorra. Quorra kicks him he loses his discs and falls over the edge. Later on when he flips back up he doesn't seem to have the discs, and when Rinzler is falling in the sea of simulation he seems to be discless.

jonwes
User

on Tuesday, December, 28, 2010 1:03 AM
Good, that works well. I'll have to adjust things slightly but that actually gives me a good idea.

typicaltronname
User

on Tuesday, December, 28, 2010 1:10 AM
It seems they only return when they are thrown, not when they fall.

(100th post! YES!)

"Reveal your creation date or I will disassemble your code one operation at a time!"

typicaltronname
User

on Tuesday, December, 28, 2010 1:16 AM
From what I remember, discs in the first movie return to the program, despite being deflected.

Remember when Tron is trying to hit the base of the MCP, but those "shields" kept his disc from entering the MCP's base? His disc throws were deflected, but they still returned.

"Reveal your creation date or I will disassemble your code one operation at a time!"

typicaltronname
User

on Tuesday, December, 28, 2010 1:24 AM
That true. Well, since the scene cuts away at that point and the MCP is destroyed, after all, I figure it returned somehow, just how is a mystery

order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pillabortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

tronprogram
Sector Admin

on Tuesday, December, 28, 2010 2:12 AM
jonwes Wrote:Good, that works well. I'll have to adjust things slightly but that actually gives me a good idea.

Can I help with the writing, Jon?abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

"Like the man said, there's no problems, only solutions"-Kevin Flynn, prior to his entry into the electronic world- 1982

typicaltronname
User

on Tuesday, December, 28, 2010 2:26 AM
Didn't say anything before, but the poster looks awesome and I'm looking forward to the story.

Been trying to start a fan-piece myself for the last week or so, but the creative juices are plugged.

At least I have a tag-line for it already.

"A long time ago, in a server far far away..."

I want it to take place in modern day, but in a different server and everything. This way I can incorporate the suits from Tron and have it slowly evolve into the suits from Legacy, just with a classic twist.

For now it's in the old noggin, really looking forward to yours, though. Have you started writing part 1, yet?

Traahn
User

on Tuesday, December, 28, 2010 4:07 AM
^-- lol!

You're being funny, right? Hard to tell. Seems like you are. That's basically what T:L did. Put stuff on a different server and had stuff evolve like a Galapagos island.

PS (tangent): I hope the next film isn't called Tron: Revolutionabortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

I'm getting out of here right now, and you guys are invited. -----^

typicaltronname
User

on Tuesday, December, 28, 2010 12:53 PM
Traahn Wrote:^-- lol!

You're being funny, right? Hard to tell. Seems like you are. That's basically what T:L did. Put stuff on a different server and had stuff evolve like a Galapagos island.

PS (tangent): I hope the next film isn't called Tron: Revolution

Partly joking, yes. I do want to incorporate the old suits in my fan fiction piece though. And I wanna base the events in 1986. Premise being that Encom got rid of the old laser to put in an updated version and my character somehow gets ownership of it. Just the how and why is what I have to come up with

jonwes
User

on Tuesday, December, 28, 2010 1:37 PM
tronprogram Wrote:
jonwes Wrote:Good, that works well. I'll have to adjust things slightly but that actually gives me a good idea.

Can I help with the writing, Jon?

Hey! I think I got this story covered as my idea was pretty finite and I've already gotten most of it worked out and most of part one written. BUT... I was thinking about a sort of follow-up idea that could involve more people if people are liking what I've done in this story. We'll see how it goes. I'd definitely be up for collaborating again.

As for the discs... one thing that I think is funny in Legacy - you rarely actually see characters placing the discs on their back again or even catching it when it returns to them. I guess it's all just sort of implied and unnecessary, but I think it's part of why I didn't notice Rinzler's missing discs.

Rollbiwan
User

on Wednesday, December, 29, 2010 10:00 PM
Dude! This is awesome, but there's a minor detail that's kind of inaccurate...the lights on Trons hand are on the first three fingers, the thumb to the middle finger. Other than that it looks great!

jonwes
User

on Wednesday, December, 29, 2010 11:29 PM
Thanks!

And... thanks for the heads up! Doh! Thankfully my digital painting was still in layers and it was an easy fix! Does anyone know how to get this board to display images so they aren't squished?

RenegadeProgram
User

on Thursday, December, 30, 2010 10:27 PM
typicaltronname Wrote:
Traahn Wrote:^-- lol!

PS (tangent): I hope the next film isn't called Tron: Revolution

Partly joking, yes. I do want to incorporate the old suits in my fan fiction piece though. And I wanna base the events in 1986. Premise being that Encom got rid of the old laser to put in an updated version and my character somehow gets ownership of it. Just the how and why is what I have to come up with

In the fanfic I'm doing, TRON: THE 3RD SECTOR, I also am thinking of setting it in the mid-80s, and will be doing a mix of the old-school designs as well as some different designs. order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pill

Fighting for TRON, The USERS, Both Flynns, Independents, and the mighty ISOs since '82.

RenegadeProgram
User

on Thursday, December, 30, 2010 10:27 PM
@jonwes:

NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait to see it!

Fighting for TRON, The USERS, Both Flynns, Independents, and the mighty ISOs since '82.

Page: of 5 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 Fan Fiction & Art