Forums (I/O Tower)
Forums 
 TRON: LEGACY 
 I sure hope there's a new Journey song...

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 2 PagesNextLast
reptilerobots
User

on Wednesday, August, 13, 2008 12:35 AM
That would be rad, it would be like 1982 all over again.

Maybe they could get thet kid with the glasses and headband thats in the arcade?????

Maybe all I want is a remake??

"Now THAT is a big door."

www.vberkvlt.com

ShadowDragon1
User

Re: I sure hope there's a new Journey song...

on Wednesday, August, 13, 2008 1:28 PM
The kid with the head band is like 45 now probably and not actor at all.

Journey, as much as middle-aged BabyBoomers, I and other "children of the 80's" like their music;
Journey's songs are way to late 70's really early 80's retro for the new TR2N movie, and would not have a broad appeal nowadays.

Some music groups whose music may fit could be:

Depech Mode (such as the song "Suffer Well'' ; google "Depeche Mode" & "Tron" to find and watch an awesome fan video made by one of the members here) , or maybe Radio Head, or maybe Moby could do a spiffy song to play at the end credits.
Journey's songs wouldn't really "fit" with the time period of the movie "TR2N", or the whole sleek, quasi-"dark"
post-modern era aesthetic I think the movie is going for.

It'd be like having an ABBA song at the end of "300" or a Beegee's song at the end of "Dark Knight, it would
*not* fit (it'd be laughed at and hated IMO.)

"The film is about finding human connection in an increasingly digital world." - Joseph Kosinski

TRON.dll
User

on Wednesday, August, 13, 2008 2:05 PM
No, Journey's still popular.

Go to a bar and play a Journey song on the jukebox while they're busy and see what happens. where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

TRON 2.0 (PC) name - TRON.dll
I'll play any mode, but I'm best at LC.

PSN - TRON-dll
XBOX Live/Games for Windows Live - TRONdll
-I have a Wii, DS, and 3DS. PM me to exchange friend codes.

Qix77
User

on Wednesday, August, 13, 2008 2:06 PM
ShadowDragon1 Wrote:The kid with the head band is like 45 now probably and not actor at all.

Journey, as much as middle-aged BabyBoomers, I and other "children of the 80's" like their music;
Journey's songs are way to late 70's really early 80's retro for the new TR2N movie, and would not have a broad appeal nowadays.

I'd like to challenge that.

Qix77
User

on Wednesday, August, 13, 2008 2:10 PM
TRON.dll Wrote:No, Journey's still popular.

Go to a bar and play a Journey song on the jukebox while they're busy and see what happens.

Ahh.. You beat me to it.. lol..

I was going to say, go to any bar (not a teeny bopper night club but a REAL bar) and just kick back and listen to what everyone is playing.

Rock music from the 70s-80s era doesn't die... plus considering that the era is making a comeback in this day and age....

TRON.dll
User

on Wednesday, August, 13, 2008 2:31 PM
Qix77 Wrote:
TRON.dll Wrote:No, Journey's still popular.

Go to a bar and play a Journey song on the jukebox while they're busy and see what happens.

Ahh.. You beat me to it.. lol..

I was going to say, go to any bar (not a teeny bopper night club but a REAL bar) and just kick back and listen to what everyone is playing.

Rock music from the 70s-80s era doesn't die... plus considering that the era is making a comeback in this day and age....

Yeah, I went to some bar once and played Mr. Roboto, Renegade, 1984, and Jump. Everyone cheered at the start of each song. where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill onlineabortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

PSN - TRON-dll

ShadowDragon1
User

on Wednesday, August, 13, 2008 2:33 PM
With current Gen X and Gen Y people and teens, Journey is like ancient and passe' and does not appeal to them.

Journey's music wouldn't be appeciated or even liked about by many of them.

It's about *broad audience appeal*
Journey nowadays does not have that.
New Alternative Rock that blends Electronica music with modern Alternative Indie Rock music like "Radio Head" does, Moby does, and Depech Mode actually still does. They would "fit".

It's also about what *fits" with the vibe and aesthetics of TR2N and I'm just not seeing any Journey songs, old or new as "fitting" the film.

Addendum:
One of Tron-Sector's old members made this, doesn't anyone here remember this music video?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlzw74chGmI

"The film is about finding human connection in an increasingly digital world." - Joseph Kosinski

ShadowDragon1
User

on Wednesday, August, 13, 2008 2:38 PM
Deadly Disks Wrote:If there's a Depech Mode song in the new film I am going to throw up.
Wow, what's with the hate for Depeche Mode? That's harsh dude.

They are an excellent group and produced some the most phenomenal music of the 80's.

TRON.dll
User

on Wednesday, August, 13, 2008 2:50 PM
ShadowDragon1 Wrote:With current Gen X and Gen Y people and teens, Journey is like ancient and passe' and does not appeal to them.

Actually, believe it or not, that's an untrue stereotype. While most teens love rap today, I've seen them seriously headbang to classic rock, especially epic songs like "Don't stop believing". Anyone ever see that Family Guy episode?

Deadly Disks Wrote:If there's a Depech Mode song in the new film I am going to throw up.

Agreed. TRON needs 1980's music with lots of synthesizers. I'm talking "1984", "Jump", "Karn Evil 9", "Mr. Roboto". Songs like that. The current generation of kids, believe it or not, LOVE this kind of music. Maybe not as much as, say, Depech Mode or Eminem, but it's pretty close.

Heavy techno-rave/technopunk/electronica doesn't fit with TRON. TRON essentially defined the stereotype for 1980's video game awesome, no matter what Disney/Lisberger think. If TRON is to have techno music, at least have it sound like early synthesizers. More "Wendy Carlos-esque". New synthesizers sound free and more like real instruments. Older ones, however, give a sound that sounds incredibly controlled. No echo, effects, or any of that. You get immediate sound start, followed by immediate sound stop. Any echo is caused by the environment your in.

needs to be ftw, in every aspect imaginable, especially music. Thank you reptilerobots, for starting this thread, as the soundtrack for this movie could end up being a huge issue.

PSN - TRON-dll

ShadowDragon1
User

on Wednesday, August, 13, 2008 2:54 PM
Um ok...
Lot's of band get or were over-played by mainstream Radio stations. I'd rather listen to any Depeche Mode album than some of the horrible aweful crap that's out now... (like My Chemical Romance...yuck..)

Listening to anything repeatedly for too long is not good and will eventually become annoying, even if the music is good. Diversivication is key.

Did you ever see this?

I could totally see "Suffer Well" or some Radio Head song as an End Credits song...

TRON.dll
User

on Wednesday, August, 13, 2008 2:58 PM
ShadowDragon1 Wrote:Um ok...
Lot's of band get or were over-played by mainstream Radio stations. I'd rather listen to any Depeche Mode album than some of the horrible aweful crap that's out now... (like My Chemical Romance...yuck..)

Listening to anything repeatedly for too long is not good and will eventually become annoying, even if the music is good. Diversivication is key.

Did you ever see this?

I could totally see "Suffer Well" or some Radio Head song as an End Credits song...

Yeah, if the movie has a cliffhanger or sad ending.

Cool song, tho. That's the kind of synthesizer I was talking about, sorta.

PSN - TRON-dll

Qix77
User

on Wednesday, August, 13, 2008 3:02 PM
TRON.dll Wrote:...........1984, and Jump.

Hell yeah... Big VH fan here.... Also, David Lee Roth got back with VH last year and everyone went nuts.. it's so awesome..

I haven't kept up with their status but I heard they are cutting a new album soon and sticking to their original style (cause nothing else would work to be honest)....

Van Halen (with DLR) is my crystal meth... lol..

digideus
User

on Wednesday, August, 13, 2008 3:31 PM
I think I said elsewhere that a soundtrack of Industrial music would be awesome because Industrial is, by defination, computer based music. It also has a cross genre appeal. Some of it is very dance oriented while some of it is rock oriented.

That said, I think Gary Numan should do a song for it. Hes more relevant today than he was in the 80s. Someone like Frontline Assembly or Nine Inch Nails as well, just for the love of gods, NOT ROB ZOMBIE OR MARILYN MANSON!

ShadowDragon1
User

on Wednesday, August, 13, 2008 3:31 PM
My point is that I really do not think Journey or any 80's pop-music, nor any hair metal no matter if they good, would not have "broad audience appeal" either in the view of Disney, or many MTV loving, text-messaging, HALO and Gears of War obssessed spoiled kiddies that think a good movie has lot's and of random meaningless violence, explosions, bad humor, and like or love vapid celeberties.
There are some exeptions among some kiddies but not it's not a broad thing.

I cited Radio Head and Moby because they and a few very good and creative Alternative Indie rockers that blend synthaziser rythmes, beats, tunes, and back beats into their current music/songs. Heck maybe even TOOL or NIN could even pull off some sweet ass songs I think.

The musical style of some of those would "fit" IMO.
TR2N seem sleeker, more dynamic, a bit "darker", and
post-modern; if the teaser footage is indication, it's not taking place in the 80's.

So songs like "Jump", "1984", Journey songs, etc while cool songs and "popular" among *some* people,
IMO just would seem "out of place" thematically, and would probable not fit the "vibe" of TR2N in my view.

The wishes and expectitions of TRON purists, "Baby Boomers" and "children of the 80's" are somewhat unrealistic and only set themselves up to be really easily disappointed (as nothing can live up those scenerios dream up by Purists and the hard core nostalgic fans)
they have little influence over the movie producers & Disney whom *will* strive for a very *very broad* young kids, young adult to adult audience appeal.

Was there any Van Halen songs in "Iron Man" (Black Sabbath song "Iron Man" was a funny in-joke but did come off as cheesy it barely "fit" the movie)?
Was there any 80's music in Dark Knight?
Did the song "It's Raining Men play at the end of "300" ?"

I don't think there was much of any old 70's or 80's pop-music in those movies in general.
This is my 2 cents. Whatever...

TheReelTodd
Sector Admin

on Wednesday, August, 13, 2008 4:11 PM
reptilerobots Wrote:That would be rad, it would be like 1982 all over again.

Maybe they could get thet kid with the glasses and headband thats in the arcade?????

Maybe all I want is a remake??

That kid always stands out to me when I watch the film. I ask myself if he EVER passed as a normal looking arcade goer. Can't remember if I thought he looked funny when I was a kid... hell - he's probably my age now, give or take.

As for the Journey song - there will be a character named "Sherri" in TR2N. She is a systems security annalist for Encom in the new film. The song "Oh Sherri" by Steve Perry will be playing during the end credits in honor of her character... and what a weird Journey that would be!

Hold on - I was just joking.

ShadowDragon1 Wrote:The kid with the head band is like 45 now probably and not actor at all...

45?

Naa - he'd be like my age or so. I'm not even 40 yet.

I wonder if he admits to even being in TRON these days - looking like he did.

Whoa - what's this?

New digicon!

Nice work, Sketch!

where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

Cam_the_Man
User

on Wednesday, August, 13, 2008 5:06 PM

I'm suprised no one has brought this up...
I don't think there should be any songs in TRON not made by a synthesizer Definetly nothing with lyrics. For some reason, when a movie uses a song with lyrics in it, it "detracts" from the movie's "goodness" (that's how I'm gonna describe it ) and really gets on my nerves.
There is a very good chance the Danny Elfman will be doing most of the soundtrack. He's the big hot-shot in Hollywood, and he does music for almost every recent movie. Of course, the only time I really noticed was in Tim Burton/Johnny Depp films so maybe not... hmmm. Anyways, everyone wants him to do music for their movie so I'm thinking he will do at least some of the soundtrack.

In the midst of Team Fortress 2:
TRON.dll: (Captures the intelligence) "I have take the intelligence and it will cause meltdown!"
Cam_the_Man: "No! Not all of Dallas!"

TRON.dll
User

on Wednesday, August, 13, 2008 5:20 PM

PSN - TRON-dll

ShadowDragon1
User

on Wednesday, August, 13, 2008 5:46 PM
I *love* Danny Elfmans film scores, but again I think his style of music compositions really does *not* fit TR2N in *any way* *face palm*.

Heck the music of group "The Knife" (without any singing parts) would fit for like BGM faded in the background (for some real world scenes, and End Credits)

IMNSHO cheesy, sentimental, retro 70's and overly
cheer-y 80's pop music or Hair metal just won't fit "TR2N." (-__-);

The Produceers of TR2N either need to get Wendy Carlos to score it, or someone that can pull-off her style of Electronica or compose similar style Electronica-synth music really well.. like whomever scored Tron 2.0. order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

digideus
User

on Wednesday, August, 13, 2008 8:24 PM
ShadowDragon1 Wrote: Did the song "It's Raining Men play at the end of "300" ?"

No, but thats such a good idea!!! hahahaaa order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

digideus
User

on Wednesday, August, 13, 2008 8:36 PM
ShadowDragon1 Wrote: The Produceers of TR2N either need to get Wendy Carlos to score it, or someone that can pull-off her style of Electronica or compose similar style Electronica-synth music really well.. like whomever scored Tron 2.0.

Funny, because the music to Tron 2.0 was trashed in all the reviews I read, even though I thought it was quite good, But I think its a mistake falling into that trap of using stuff from the old movie (like Wendy Carlos). Her music is great and all that, but this is over a quarter of a century later, and music has evolved quite a bit.

I still reckon a modern Industrial artist(s) are ideal to capture the dark futuristic sound with their combination of Harsh electronics and mechanical sounds to give the movie a true sense of modernism and to show how technology has moved on.

What I'm expecting is that there is no music to this movie except a score. Either way, Ill probably be happy

Page: of 2 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON: LEGACY