Forums (I/O Tower)
Forums 
 TRON: LEGACY 
 My Hypothetical Back Story based on the Trailer...

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
ShadowDragon1
User

on Saturday, August, 09, 2008 12:35 AM
This is based on my live viewing of the teaser trailer and having watch and re-watched the bootleg version several times and pondering it and analyzing it carefully...

This is pure speculation as to exactly what was going on in the footage and possibly who certain characters are and the possible backstory of certain things shown.

I tried to keep things within the realm of fairly simple, sensible possibilty and common-sense without jumping to huge assumptions like "that's Clu!" etc...

Digital Cyber World:
A dark energy storm rumbles in the sky... Something is amiss and something "different" seems to have entered this world...

Within a maze like, open-air structure, a Blue Program in a Bike-Rider Protocol Suit is being followed.
It's a game of "cat and mouse".
He hears the rumble of light cycle engine, it gets closer, and the shine of head light beams at him.

The Blue Program runs leaps up and tosses out his Rod Primative; a standard issue, latest version Light Cycle rezzes around him. It hits the ground and speeds off. The blue LC is chased by a green-yellow LC. The Light Cycle race has begun....

The two of them race across the digital plateu and across translucent glassy messas and through twisting ramps. The Blue LC bashing into the Green-yellow LC and it clashes back.
The Blue LC attempts to loose his opponnent by speeding through a nearby narrow canyon. The G-y LC switches off his glowing trace-lines and stealthily hides.
The Blue LC exits the canyon approaching the bridge back to the Digital Metropolis in the distance.

The G-y LC leaps out from the top of the canyon and speeds past the Blue LC leaving it's jet-wall, the Blue LC smashes into the jet wall shattering, the rider is flug through the air, he hits the ground sliding, nearly falls to his death but grabs a rail just in time....

Flynn is retired, and had used his monetery assests to build a private home that has intergrated computer and holographic technologies. He has the holographic projectors attuned to a certain wavelegth that allows him to view the microcosmic " Digital Cyber/Electronic World."

Flynn in his retirement has become a reclusive gentleman having embraced Zen-Buddhism and pratices deep meditation.

Through this he's become attuned to certain things and has mentally re-connected to the "Digital Cyber World" he once "visted" over 25 years ago to gain evidence of Ed Dilligers having stolen credit for the game software that Flynn wrote, and he helped to deafet the MCP.

Flynn suddenly sensed something is amiss in the Digital World, he opens his eyes and walks over to view the
Holo-screen that peers into the Cyber Digital world which is being translated into Real-Time
, and he watches as a Light Cycle rider approches another; a Blue Program.

The victor draws his Ring-Disk weapon, it seems the victorious Cycle-Rider's intent is to de-rez his opponent...permenently.

The older, white-robed, and bearded Flynn looking concered seems to be thinking "it's happening again... I've got to go do something..." Flynn turns to head out of his meditation room..
The rider of green-yellow Light Cycle has gotten off of his bike and walks toward the defeated Blue Program.
He removes a Ring-Disk from his back, it's glowing cutting edge lights up.

The Blue Program still on the ground yells " You won, OK! It's just a GAME!..."

The victorious rider's internal helmet lights switches on.
It's a face resembling a *young* Ed Dillinger! Is it his son digitized into the Digital World, or new Elite Program?!

He knows what power he wields and the nature of this "cyber reality"...

Gloating and cocky he says in response to 'it's just a game' , " hm.. Not anymore..." and raises his Ring-Disk to strike the final, fatal blow...

Hypothetical Prologue:

25 years have passed. Encom has merged with another coporation. A young hot-shot Progamer (and expert Hacker) has been hired to R&D.

The cocky hot shot discovers the remnants of the experimental Digitization technology and re-assembles the laser and reconstructes the software to run it and adds several of his own special modifications to it...

His plan is to take control of the company and he thinks the best way to do that is from literally *inside* it's computer mainframe, and so the cocky young
Hacker-Programmer activates the Laser system.

Just before being digitized, he says "This is for you dad, they'll be regretting the day they ever heard the name ' Dillinger ' " *grins wickedly*, and he is then digitized...abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

"The film is about finding human connection in an increasingly digital world." - Joseph Kosinski

Jademz
User

Re: My Hypothetical Back Story based on the Trailer...

on Saturday, August, 09, 2008 1:31 PM
I noticed the description for the green lightcycle warrior once he shut down his lightcycle trail was that he raced to the other side, I disagree, it was a bait. There were multiple green LCs, chasing blue.
..Unless you want to describe how he teleported to the other side of the mountain.

I like your description of the new company, sounds good, At first it seems like a good one, but I think the first hurdle is trying to fill in the blanks where Encom being a megacorp, having no signs of weakness suddenly losing in the marketplace(and whatever that may be). Is it failing out of blackmail? or not producing?
There's gotta be a serious amount of background. Alot of business decisions would have to be drawn out to make sense. Something so well made as the Encom facility was, is a silver bullet.

Cam_the_Man
User

on Saturday, August, 09, 2008 3:01 PM
Jademz Wrote:I noticed the description for the green lightcycle warrior once he shut down his lightcycle trail was that he raced to the other side, I disagree, it was a bait. There were multiple green LCs, chasing blue.
..Unless you want to describe how he teleported to the other side of the mountain.

I like your description of the new company, sounds good, At first it seems like a good one, but I think the first hurdle is trying to fill in the blanks where Encom being a megacorp, having no signs of weakness suddenly losing in the marketplace(and whatever that may be). Is it failing out of blackmail? or not producing?
There's gotta be a serious amount of background. Alot of business decisions would have to be drawn out to make sense. Something so well made as the Encom facility was, is a silver bullet.

In the trailer, there is on scene were a shoadow passes over the canyon were the blue lc is driving. This is the Program that was chasing him.
abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

In the midst of Team Fortress 2:
TRON.dll: (Captures the intelligence) "I have take the intelligence and it will cause meltdown!"
Cam_the_Man: "No! Not all of Dallas!"

Jademz
User

on Saturday, August, 09, 2008 3:44 PM
Cam_the_Man Wrote:

In the trailer, there is on scene were a shoadow passes over the canyon were the blue lc is driving. This is the Program that was chasing him.

Oh, ok. I see the cycle up there now, I just ruled out that it worked that way before, it looked like a flaw to me. But since it hasn't been described, I'll do so.

The green lc's trail is turned off. He can go twice as fast. Meanwhile speeding over the open crevasse. He then overtakes blue, while waiting for the blue lc he notices a light up in the mountain(IMO). The crevasse fills with a glow, and he flicks the trail on, lunging past the blue lc. Now it makes sense, thanks for pointing that out.
abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

ShadowDragon1
User

on Saturday, August, 09, 2008 3:52 PM
I hope my hypothetical details are close to the actual script.

I vaguely remember seeing or reading somewhere rumors or tossed about idea for one of the rough story concepts for a "Tron 2" involved a malicious hacker wreaking havoc by entering the Digital World... and Flynn having to get involved again to stop him..

I think it was in Variety News or something... could of been speculation or something. *shrugs*

"The film is about finding human connection in an increasingly digital world." - Joseph Kosinski

VRAM
User

on Saturday, August, 09, 2008 11:59 PM
Jademz Wrote:...

... I think the first hurdle is trying to fill in the blanks where Encom being a megacorp, having no signs of weakness suddenly losing in the marketplace(and whatever that may be). Is it failing out of blackmail? or not producing?

Jademz, you haven't played the Tron 2.0 game yet, right?

As long as the upcoming TR2N doesn't state otherwise, treat that game as canon.

You need to check out the COMPLETELY UNOFFICIAL TRON TIMELINE!
Meanwhile in the real world... the controller feeds the shift clock to the VRAM's video port. Each shift clock pulse causes the VRAM to deliver the next datum, in strict address order, from the shift-register to the video port... Next frame-buffer data: Who created users?

Jademz
User

on Sunday, August, 10, 2008 3:24 AM
VRAM Wrote:

Jademz, you haven't played the Tron 2.0 game yet, right?

As long as the upcoming TR2N doesn't state otherwise, treat that game as canon.

Nope, haven't played it yet.
jk.

Canon? This is Tron, if it doesn't breathe Tron, smell Tron, taste Tron, dry your digital hair (if there's any)Tron, it will suck. If it will be bastardized, that's all it will be.
abortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

RenegadeProgram
User

on Saturday, August, 16, 2008 8:14 AM
Hey Shadow Dragon:

Thanks for all your contributions to this board, and especially for your info on the footage at Comic-Con. Since you were actually there, I'm going to give some serious consideration to your hypothetical back story. It seems like a perfectly congruent backstory to what TR2N's plot may be. I know one thing - I can't wait to see more information coming out about TR2N. For me, when it comes to some movies, it feels like 1982 all over again, which was a COOL year for movies. We'll see. Peace.

Fighting for TRON, The USERS, Both Flynns, Independents, and the mighty ISOs since '82.

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON: LEGACY