TRON 2.0: KILLER APP Mod

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments: FirstPrevious Page: of 10 PagesNextLast
Oniell Ford
User

Re: TRON 2.0: KILLER APP Mod

on Wednesday, May, 05, 2010 7:33 PM
TronFAQ Wrote:

Oniell Ford Wrote:the main menu where Jet throws his Disc is quite glitched. After the big flash of light, he turns into a skin-less model that's just white.

And then I go to the Multiplayer Player setup, none of the models or skins for both Lightcycles and Derez/Disc arena are there.
Sounds like you've got too many .REZ file map packs. The game starts doing stupid things when you have too many active at once. Try disabling some using REZ Handler.

This just is'nt my day...

REZ Handler is messing up by having a pop up saying "Run-time error '75': Path/File access error" whenever I try to uninstall a map pack. The only ones that actually "Derezed" are LC_Pack_1 and TCDM. Even then, the game is still acting the same way.where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

My username on TRON 2.0 is VWrath.User
If you want to play, PM me on this site or contact me on Steam.

"Tron is the jesus of breakfast cerials" - Ticklemetastic (A TRON fan on Steam)

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Wednesday, May, 05, 2010 7:50 PM

You can't use REZ Handler while the game is running. You have to quit the game first. Otherwise, you'll get that error. (Yeah, my fault . . . when I wrote the program, it was something to check that I overlooked.)

abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

LDSOFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt

Oniell Ford
User

on Wednesday, May, 05, 2010 9:08 PM
TronFAQ Wrote:

You can't use REZ Handler while the game is running. You have to quit the game first. Otherwise, you'll get that error. (Yeah, my fault . . . when I wrote the program, it was something to check that I overlooked.)

I don't have the game running at all. It's giving me the error while using it out-of-game.abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Thursday, May, 06, 2010 1:38 AM

Usually, that error means the .REZ files are in use by some program, so REZ Handler can't do anything with them as long as that program has them open/is using them. Normally, that would be the game. But it could have been some other program at the time.

If you've restarted your computer in the meantime, you might find it just simply works now.

Also, run the game launcher (not the Mod Manager) and click the Custom button. There should be an X in the box beside the word Retail.

abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

Oniell Ford
User

on Thursday, May, 06, 2010 2:00 PM
TronFAQ Wrote:

Usually, that error means the .REZ files are in use by some program, so REZ Handler can't do anything with them as long as that program has them open/is using them. Normally, that would be the game. But it could have been some other program at the time.

If you've restarted your computer in the meantime, you might find it just simply works now.

Also, run the game launcher (not the Mod Manager) and click the Custom button. There should be an X in the box beside the word Retail.

I restarted my computer and it still does'nt work. I'm going to try re-installing the KA Mod again.

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Thursday, May, 06, 2010 5:11 PM

I don't believe uninstalling and reinstalling the mod is going to make a difference. Though it's certainly worth a try.

I think restarting your computer and using REZ Handler to disable more maps, then trying to run the game again, might have worked. The symptoms sounded exactly like the "too many .REZ files" problem.

Either way, good luck and I hope it works out.

Oniell Ford
User

on Friday, May, 14, 2010 4:47 PM
TronFAQ Wrote:

I don't believe uninstalling and reinstalling the mod is going to make a difference. Though it's certainly worth a try.

I think restarting your computer and using REZ Handler to disable more maps, then trying to run the game again, might have worked. The symptoms sounded exactly like the "too many .REZ files" problem.

Okay, I got it to work. However, I don't exactly know how I got it to work.

BUT

Now I've got another problem. It only works when I start it up normally through the Mod Manager, thus taking away all my controls.

And what's worse is that I cannot run the game through the Mod Manager in Administraitor Mode (to allow my controls to function)

So, in a sense, I went out of the Frying Pan and into The Fire.

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Friday, May, 14, 2010 6:50 PM

@Oneill:

The only way the problem you're having now makes any sense to me: if you click the Custom button in the game launcher and see if there's an X beside the word Retail, you should find that it's not there.

If you put an X in the box, it should allow you to use the game launcher to run the game, and the mod should work too.

If the box beside the word Retail does have an X in it already: I can't see any reason why the mod would work when run from the Mod Manager, but not the game launcher.

order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pillabortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

TRON.dll
User

on Friday, May, 14, 2010 10:47 PM
Oniell Ford Wrote:
TronFAQ Wrote:

Okay, I got it to work. However, I don't exactly know how I got it to work.

BUT

Now I've got another problem. It only works when I start it up normally through the Mod Manager, thus taking away all my controls.

Weren't you having that issue with TRON 2.0 alone about a year ago?

So, in a sense, I went out of the Frying Pan and into The Fire.

Now go through the flames.order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

TRON 2.0 (PC) name - TRON.dll
I'll play any mode, but I'm best at LC.

PSN - TRON-dll
XBOX Live/Games for Windows Live - TRONdll
-I have a Wii, DS, and 3DS. PM me to exchange friend codes.

Oniell Ford
User

on Sunday, May, 16, 2010 6:55 PM
Well, it seems that the mod finally works. I don't know how, though. It just... worked all of a sudden.

Sorry for the confusion and thanks for the help, guys. I'm now able to enjoy the complete Mod!

Cyberwolven
User

on Wednesday, June, 09, 2010 3:47 AM
Hello TronFaq, I just started playing multiplayer with the KA mod on Tronman's KA server and for some reason I keep getting kicked out.

An interesting thing about this is the server says I don't have the required maps even though I have them.

Is there anything that could be causing this.

I'm using Windows 7 64 bit, Tron 2.0 is runned in admin mode(as suggested by your other posts).

I'm cold and calculating. Don't press my buttons.

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Wednesday, June, 09, 2010 10:06 AM

Cyberwolven Wrote:Hello TronFaq, I just started playing multiplayer with the KA mod on Tronman's KA server and for some reason I keep getting kicked out.

An interesting thing about this is the server says I don't have the required maps even though I have them.
It's possible that you have the maps, but they're not enabled/active. Or perhaps you have older versions of the maps than the ones being hosted?

If you try running REZ Handler, it should show you which maps you have that are disabled. It will also let you know what your REZ file limit is.

If you want to be sure that your maps are all up to date, you can visit this page to download the latest versions:
http://tronfaq.blogspot.com/2006/02/all-tron-20-files-in-one-place.html
The only map not included on that page is tronman's map, which you'll have to download seperately:
http://www.filefront.com/15207565/TSDM.zip/
on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill online

Cyberwolven
User

on Wednesday, June, 09, 2010 7:52 PM
TronFAQ Wrote:

Cyberwolven Wrote:Hello TronFaq, I just started playing multiplayer with the KA mod on Tronman's KA server and for some reason I keep getting kicked out.

It's possible that you have the maps, but they're not enabled/active. Or perhaps you have older versions of the maps than the ones being hosted?

If you try running REZ Handler, it should show you which maps you have that are disabled. It will also let you know what your REZ file limit is.

If you want to be sure that your maps are all up to date, you can visit this page to download the latest versions:
http://tronfaq.blogspot.com/2006/02/all-tron-20-files-in-one-place.html
The only map not included on that page is tronman's map, which you'll have to download seperately:
http://www.filefront.com/15207565/TSDM.zip/

Hello again TronFaq,

I downloaded all map packs from the Tron 2.0 blog and I got Tronman's map.

I'm also using rez handler like you suggested.

For some reason I'm still getting kicked out. It's strange since no one else seems to be having issues.where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Thursday, June, 10, 2010 6:21 PM

Cyberwolven Wrote:For some reason I'm still getting kicked out. It's strange since no one else seems to be having issues.
Does the error message you get say that you don't have the required map? Or is it a different message?

As an experiment, I'll put up some servers tonight for a brief time running the KA Mod. They'll be using retail maps only. No custom maps. That way, we can narrow down what the problem is.

Cam_the_Man
User

on Sunday, June, 13, 2010 11:30 PM

As blasphemou as it sounds, I'm about to install the Killer App mod, and the User Error 2 mod. As I begin, I noticed in the picture that is in your first post that we will "stea secrets from... Bold Ventures International."
I'm guessing that's a tongue-in-cheek reference to Buena Vista Interactive? Very clever Sorry if I'm restating the obvious, I didn't feel like reading through all six pages of this thread.
where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

In the midst of Team Fortress 2:
TRON.dll: (Captures the intelligence) "I have take the intelligence and it will cause meltdown!"
Cam_the_Man: "No! Not all of Dallas!"

Cam_the_Man
User

on Monday, June, 14, 2010 6:10 PM

Argh. TronFAQ, I tried installing Killer App, and after I installed it and tried to patch the files, it said that the FIN.DAT file was missing. It's location was supposed to be J:\Program Files\Buena Vista Interactive\Tron 2.0\Custom\Mods\Retail. Is there anyway you could email or otherwise transfer that specific file to me? Thanks in advance!
order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

TRON.dll: (Captures the intelligence) "I have take the intelligence and it will cause meltdown!"

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Monday, June, 14, 2010 6:29 PM

Cam_the_Man Wrote:

Argh. TronFAQ, I tried installing Killer App, and after I installed it and tried to patch the files, it said that the FIN.DAT file was missing. It's location was supposed to be J:\Program Files\Buena Vista Interactive\Tron 2.0\Custom\Mods\Retail. Is there anyway you could email or otherwise transfer that specific file to me? Thanks in advance!
It sounds like you ran out of hard drive space during the installation. The installer needs a lot of temporary space (up to 1GB) while it patches some files, which you get back when the installation is done.

You'll want to delete the "Retail" folder and also free up some more space on that J: drive before attempting another install. It should work then.

Cam_the_Man
User

on Monday, June, 14, 2010 6:50 PM
TronFAQ Wrote:

Cam_the_Man Wrote:

It sounds like you ran out of hard drive space during the installation. The installer needs a lot of temporary space (up to 1GB) while it patches some files, which you get back when the installation is done.

You'll want to delete the "Retail" folder and also free up some more space on that J: drive before attempting another install. It should work then.

I have an excess of 300 GB free on that hard drive, so I don't think that's the problem. So are you saying I should completely uninstall the mod, and attempt to install it again?

Cyberwolven
User

on Monday, June, 14, 2010 7:54 PM
TronFAQ Wrote:

Cyberwolven Wrote:For some reason I'm still getting kicked out. It's strange since no one else seems to be having issues.
Does the error message you get say that you don't have the required map? Or is it a different message?

As an experiment, I'll put up some servers tonight for a brief time running the KA Mod. They'll be using retail maps only. No custom maps. That way, we can narrow down what the problem is.

It said that it didn't have the required maps and to go to the Tron 2.0 news blog to download the latest versions.

Sorry I wasn't around when you put up your server to test out that problem.

I got back today and I retried what you wanted me to do. I used rez handler to deactivate and remove the maps that I was using. Then I Re-downloaded them again and installed them. Everything seems to be working fine now. Still kind of weird though, since I normally don't have any issues with the maps.

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Monday, June, 14, 2010 8:41 PM

@Cam_the_man:

If the install completed despite the unpatched file and you have an uninstall shortcut in your Start menu, then yeah I'd try uninstalling and re-installing. If there's no uninstall shortcut, then just delete the Retail folder.

You might also try installing the mod in Windows Safe Mode. It could help the process go more smoothly. If you hit the F8 key after your BIOS information and before the Windows logo appears, you'll get a menu that lets you boot into Safe Mode. Then after installing the mod, you can restart the computer and boot into Windows normally again.

@Cyberwolven:

Hey, that's great. Glad to hear you got things working.

order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pillwhere to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill onlineabortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

FirstPrevious Page: of 10 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  Tron 2.0 
 TRON 2.0: KILLER APP Mod