TRON 2.0: KILLER APP Mod

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments: FirstPrevious Page: of 10 PagesNextLast
TRON.dll
User

Re: TRON 2.0: KILLER APP Mod

on Wednesday, April, 21, 2010 9:11 PM
TronFAQ Wrote:

Dan (who worked on Tron 2.0 at Monolith back in 2003) has agreed to do an interview with me.

Got any questions about Tron 2.0 for him?

He probably won't answer every question, just to warn you up front.

BTW, correcting myself here: he worked on Disc Arena multiplayer and the five DA maps. (He didn't design all the maps in Tron 2.0, like I stated earlier.)

Question: Did you ever notice the exploit in Discarena01's arena 3 in which a player could jump from the farthest back ring on their side of the arena into the scenery in the back so they wouldn't have to worry about the floor disappearing from under them?

TRON 2.0 (PC) name - TRON.dll
I'll play any mode, but I'm best at LC.

PSN - TRON-dll
XBOX Live/Games for Windows Live - TRONdll
-I have a Wii, DS, and 3DS. PM me to exchange friend codes.

Jademz
User

on Wednesday, April, 21, 2010 10:22 PM
TronFAQ Wrote:

Dan (who worked on Tron 2.0 at Monolith back in 2003) has agreed to do an interview with me.

Got any questions about Tron 2.0 for him?

He probably won't answer every question, just to warn you up front.

BTW, correcting myself here: he worked on Disc Arena multiplayer and the five DA maps. (He didn't design all the maps in Tron 2.0, like I stated earlier.)

Good, that's definately one of my favorites.

Hello Daniel,

Let me reiterate: How far reaching is the Jupiter engine with regard to integrating game modes containing seamless multi-"arena" maps?

What type of influences and/or contributions to the "imagineering" of Tron 2.0's "environment" of yours stands out?

I have always liked a ranking system. I fall into the 1000+ hours of disk arena gameplay online - If you're familiar with the server app, my question is: How did the server utilize Csports.net, how did these companies who check stats of Tron 2.0 users access the servers data, and is it possible to maintain this system via gamespy? is it software I can use (server side) to maintain stats on a dedicated server for Tron 2.0? Does is cost anything, and is it available?

Do you know anyone I can contact with regards to using this software and/or another method necessary to give players rank on my server?

How aquainted are you with crossing from one game mode to the other with the Jupiter engine, (DA/LC/DM) and does it work?

The modders want that game mode, would you ever contribute to this particular game in your spare time?

Was Tron 2.0 ever "watered down" by Disney?(intentionally)

Were there specific designs or planning in your disk arena design that fans never saw due to time and/or source code conflicts? and can you elaborate with specific knowledge how to introduce modifications to trained modders in the Tron 2.0 development community to implement such a design??

Since Tron 2.0 multiplayer has been online, have you played, how often, and how and where do you think it could have been improved?

Jadeabortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

Compucore
User

on Friday, April, 23, 2010 10:22 AM
Hey tronfaq, I was taking a look back at the mod again to see where I ent wrong in order to see the lightcycles were visible within tron there. I had found the manager for for the killer apps mod itself. Where you can switch from the original to the extra add ons for the light cycles. Where I tried it with or without the lightcycles enable they still show it as unavailable to view within the game after I trried running it through there.

I went as far as reinstalling it fresh on my computer with the lates patch for it. Seems like I am still unable to view it. Is it something that I am overlooking it over here. Or another feature that I did not highlight in order to enable it over here. Or at least remove something else. since I did not add anything else as for extra mods to the game itself.

I know that you and the others worked so hard on this and I don't want you guys to think that it is something to buggy on it.

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

To compute or not to compute that is the question at hand. Tis nobler to compile in C++ or in TASM.

ErgoWill
User

on Friday, April, 23, 2010 7:43 PM
Maybe one of you guys can help. I have a bizarre situation where I can't get the widescreen settings to take at all, neither through the mod installation nor by editing the display.cfg file directly. The game *always* boots into 4:3 mode regardless of what I do. The mod is running, but never at the resolution I want. I followed the instructions to the letter (tron .exe set to admin, enable\disable the mod, etc) but nothing seems to work. Any ideas?

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Friday, April, 23, 2010 9:35 PM

@Compucore: Can you check something for me? After you run the game, click Profile in the main menu. Then click Load. What are the names of the Profiles? How many do you see?

ErgoWill Wrote:Maybe one of you guys can help. I have a bizarre situation where I can't get the widescreen settings to take at all, neither through the mod installation nor by editing the display.cfg file directly. The game *always* boots into 4:3 mode regardless of what I do.
Maybe the autoexec.cfg or display.cfg file properties are set to Read-Only? So their contents can't be changed?

Either that, or you're setting a custom resolution that your video card driver doesn't support?

LDSOFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt

ErgoWill
User

on Friday, April, 23, 2010 11:27 PM
Nope, not set to read-only. In fact, when I set it to read-only just to see what happened, the game refused to boot at all. I've tried various widescreen settings (1280x768, 1280x800, 1440x900 and 1920x1200 (my monitor's native res)) and no go. I'm truly stumped. Oh, and just to clarify, this is a Windows 7 x64 machine.

The games runs perfectly well, but not in widescreen. abortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

ErgoWill
User

on Friday, April, 23, 2010 11:30 PM
One more thing: when I manually change the settings in the display.cfg to a widscreen resolution and save the file and then launch the game, the game reverts the settings to 1024x768.

Compucore
User

on Saturday, April, 24, 2010 1:16 AM
Yeah I see it It had +player and player as for the second one. When I deleted the one that did not have the underscore It defaulted to the other one. And I was able to see the other light cycles afterwards. I think it was staying witht he original default that came with the game over here. Bada Bom Bada Bing. (Smacks forehead.)
TronFAQ Wrote:

@Compucore: Can you check something for me? After you run the game, click Profile in the main menu. Then click Load. What are the names of the Profiles? How many do you see?

ErgoWill Wrote:Maybe one of you guys can help. I have a bizarre situation where I can't get the widescreen settings to take at all, neither through the mod installation nor by editing the display.cfg file directly. The game *always* boots into 4:3 mode regardless of what I do.
Maybe the autoexec.cfg or display.cfg file properties are set to Read-Only? So their contents can't be changed?

Either that, or you're setting a custom resolution that your video card driver doesn't support?

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

To compute or not to compute that is the question at hand. Tis nobler to compile in C++ or in TASM.

ErgoWill
User

on Saturday, April, 24, 2010 1:50 AM
I think you may have responded to the wrong person.

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Saturday, April, 24, 2010 1:51 AM

Compucore Wrote:And I was able to see the other light cycles afterwards. I think it was staying witht he original default that came with the game over here. Bada Bom Bada Bing. (Smacks forehead.)
When the mod installs, it creates a second profile. Looks like somehow, they got reversed. The Mod Manager swaps them back and forth in order to unlock or lock the new Cycle colors. (Again, this doesn't affect Multiplayer.)

@ErgoWill:

Not running the game with Administrator privileges?

Or perhaps GPU image scaling is a problem?
Nvidia GPU scaling exampleATI GPU scaling example

ErgoWill
User

on Saturday, April, 24, 2010 6:46 PM
Scaling was indeed the problem. I enabled it in the Catalyst control center and everything is working great. Thanks for the tip!order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

Compucore
User

on Saturday, April, 24, 2010 9:02 PM
Yeah just a little weird but that is okay. Ya figured it would have over written it when it was a fresh install of the game and all that. But now it works and that is all that matters right now.

TronFAQ Wrote:

Compucore Wrote:And I was able to see the other light cycles afterwards. I think it was staying witht he original default that came with the game over here. Bada Bom Bada Bing. (Smacks forehead.)
When the mod installs, it creates a second profile. Looks like somehow, they got reversed. The Mod Manager swaps them back and forth in order to unlock or lock the new Cycle colors. (Again, this doesn't affect Multiplayer.)

@ErgoWill:

Not running the game with Administrator privileges?

Or perhaps GPU image scaling is a problem?
Nvidia GPU scaling exampleATI GPU scaling example
where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Monday, April, 26, 2010 6:33 PM

Last call for questions to Dan, who worked at Monolith on Tron 2.0. He designed Disc Arena Multiplayer and the maps in DA.

I'll be posting the answers as part of an interview.

order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

zook_one
User

on Monday, April, 26, 2010 6:59 PM
Questions for Dan:

Outside of the Original TRON film, where did your team draw insperation for the Disc Arena Level?

Bummed you're missing out on participating in the development of TRON Evolution?

LC received a single player mode but no DA, was there ever a thought to create a DA single player experience similar to Discs of TRON arcade game?

on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill onlineabortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

[LDSO] LIVING DEAD SYSTEM OPERATORS www.LDSO.net

Jademz
User

on Monday, April, 26, 2010 8:48 PM
I have another question:

The developer Buena Vista Games made an error somehow, by promising that if people made thier own custom maps, Buena Vista Games stated to then upload these maps and they in turn would release more content for Tron 2.0 at later date.

Was Monolith ever made aware of this, and if so, were you and your collegues ever provided with any maps made by fans?

Do you believe thier intentions were good, or was it just a gimmick to try to impress someone up the chain of command?

p.s. when I ask a question for the sake of good journalism, I ask that it not be diluted, or have words put into it from another pov.
Thanks

Oniell Ford
User

on Monday, May, 03, 2010 4:09 PM
TronFAQ, the fileplanet download page for the Killer App mod seems to be down. I click "Download" and I am taken to a blank page with the words "thankyou" in the URL.

My username on TRON 2.0 is VWrath.User
If you want to play, PM me on this site or contact me on Steam.

"Tron is the jesus of breakfast cerials" - Ticklemetastic (A TRON fan on Steam)

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Monday, May, 03, 2010 4:39 PM

@Oniell:

You're right, Filefront seems to be having trouble at the moment. You can also download the mod from ModDB.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/killer-app/downloads/tron-20-killer-app-mod-v11

Oniell Ford
User

on Wednesday, May, 05, 2010 1:23 PM
TronFAQ Wrote:

@Oniell:

You're right, Filefront seems to be having trouble at the moment. You can also download the mod from ModDB.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/killer-app/downloads/tron-20-killer-app-mod-v11

Okay, now that it's downloaded, I did exactly everything you did in the video but the mod did not work. When I started the game in Administraitor Mode, the main menu where Jet throws his Disc is quite glitched. After the big flash of light, he turns into a skin-less model that's just white.

And then I go to the Multiplayer Player setup, none of the models or skins for both Lightcycles and Derez/Disc arena are there.

I've tried using the ModManager application and it does'nt exactly work as well. When modifying it, it usually puts up an error sign saying something about TCDG files and folders.

I have quite the headache today and my patience is running low. Please help.

My username on TRON 2.0 is VWrath.User
If you want to play, PM me on this site or contact me on Steam.

"Tron is the jesus of breakfast cerials" - Ticklemetastic (A TRON fan on Steam)

Jademz
User

on Wednesday, May, 05, 2010 5:08 PM
when I first installed it, didn't even know it had a mod manager until I looked for it in my applications a few days later, I thought everything was acessed via the first options screen. lol..order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Wednesday, May, 05, 2010 5:33 PM

Oniell Ford Wrote:the main menu where Jet throws his Disc is quite glitched. After the big flash of light, he turns into a skin-less model that's just white.

And then I go to the Multiplayer Player setup, none of the models or skins for both Lightcycles and Derez/Disc arena are there.
Sounds like you've got too many .REZ file map packs. The game starts doing stupid things when you have too many active at once. Try disabling some using REZ Handler.

on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill onlineabortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

FirstPrevious Page: of 10 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  Tron 2.0 
 TRON 2.0: KILLER APP Mod