Tron 2.0 
 User Error Single Player Expansion

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments: FirstPrevious Page: of 7 PagesNextLast
Oniell Ford
User

Re: User Error Single Player Expansion

on Monday, January, 12, 2009 6:00 PM
I know this is'nt a "Help" thread, but I need help.

I'm on the level where you have to go through floor-to-floor of a facility looking for email files for "Redbase-One".

If I remember correctly, I got all the files. I even checked the bins on every floor just to make sure I got everything. I did. I cannot go to the next level.

What's going on? Did I miss something?

My username on TRON 2.0 is VWrath.User
If you want to play, PM me on this site or contact me on Steam.

"Tron is the jesus of breakfast cerials" - Ticklemetastic (A TRON fan on Steam)

Meatsack
User

on Monday, January, 12, 2009 6:17 PM
Oniell Ford Wrote:I know this is'nt a "Help" thread, but I need help.

I'm on the level where you have to go through floor-to-floor of a facility looking for email files for "Redbase-One".

If I remember correctly, I got all the files. I even checked the bins on every floor just to make sure I got everything. I did. I cannot go to the next level.

What's going on? Did I miss something?

To finish that level, talk the ZIP program in the tower on the uppermost "platter". That activates the exit zone in the core beam. If the ZIP program doesn't have the "talk" icon over her head, then you missed a file, or it got bugged somehow.

Thanks for playing User Error! I'm glad you're having fun with it. Just take it with patience. After all, I'm not a professional game developer. Just a hobbyist.

TRON.dll Wrote:I had to godmode through the Kernel challenges. Especially at the Datawraith sniping part where you'd lose 5-50 health based on how you went into the beam.

Yeah... That one's a puzzler... I tried many things, but couldn't pinpoint what was causing that damage. Then life grabbed hold of me and dragged me off into the jungle at that time, so I never got around to finding a fix for it. Apologies to everyone all around.where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

I am the TRON-Badger!

Oniell Ford
User

on Monday, January, 12, 2009 8:17 PM
Thanks for the advice. Sadly after I posted, I immediatly found some bins that I never found before and I finished that level.

Oh boy, was I humiliated or what! I meant to edit my recent post in this thread earlier, but I was in the middle of player 3-player Lightcycles with my little brother & idiotic father.

Oniell Ford
User

on Thursday, January, 29, 2009 5:00 PM

Sorry about Double Posting, but I am here to post my full review of User Error.

Pros: The game is beautiful and very imagenitive. LDSO really put alot of thought and effort into this, and it payed off.

My favorite parts are when you gotta destroy the "Source of the Corruption" in the MI6 computers, Going up to the abondoned Russian Sattelite, completing the Kernel's challenges and first entering MI6.

Cons: When you begin the game, it is hard to hear Jeremy's voice. But when you talk to other programs, it sounds like they are yelling over slow Broadban (sp?) connection. Thankfully, the farther you get in the game, the better the voice-overs are. Yet I still think that the voice of that other guy that replaces Karl is a little fake.

The doors look like they are pictures of triangles drawn with a Crayon. The voices of the Kernel and ICP's (during the cutscenes for ICP's) sound very diffrent from the original characters and are obviously fake.

Thank You for allowing me to post this review and thank you for a wonderful "sequal" to the game. All thats left is to see if TronFAQ will murder me over this review or not...

I give "User Error" a 7.9/10

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Thursday, January, 29, 2009 9:32 PM

I believe they're all valid criticisms. No worries. Though I thought I did a reasonably good impression of the Kernel.

I did point out, during testing, that some of the voices needed a volume boost to match the level of the others. Otherwise, you have to crank the volume up to hear but then the other voices are extremely loud.

If anybody would "kill you" it wouldn't be me. I only did voices and testing on UE2, and maybe helped a teeny bit here and there. Meatsack, zook_one, Mor.Evil-1, and win3k did all the work. If there's a UE3, I'll be contributing a couple of levels to it next time.

So, I'll wait for the others on the team respond to your review since they're the ones who really created UE2.

where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

LDSOFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt

Meatsack
User

on Sunday, February, 01, 2009 9:36 AM
The points you make are completely valid. My only defense is saying that I'm just a hobbyist and don't have professional tools/experience in making games. I'm glad you enjoyed the expansion overall. Perhaps UE2 will get another good once over in the future. We'll see.

TronFAQ, you are too modest. I recognize the significant contributions you made. Bless you.

Since all the voices in the game are simply wav files, they can be easily re-recorded and replaced. If anyone wants a voice part in UE, let me know and I'll see about getting you a list of lines to record for future inclusion in the UE3 if it ever gets another coat of polish.

I am the TRON-Badger!

Traahn
User

on Sunday, March, 08, 2009 12:21 AM
Disregard my post, I figured it out... but I'll leave it here in case someone else encounters the same issue. See my Update at the bottom of this post for how I resolved.

-----
FINALLY found my Tron 2.0 game CD. Whew. Okay, so now I want to try User Error and am having troubles getting it going. I'm trying to skim thru the thread here without having anything spoiled (kinda hard -- I now know there'll be a tough part involving Kernel, and some thoughts about voice acting... etc. Grr). Oh well.

I used REZ Handler 1.3 to unpack the .RAR file and Derezzed (inactivated) two other REZ maps. But I don't have a "Custom" button at the bottom of my game launch window. Am I missing something? I'll keep trying... as I've been able to play custom maps in the past. It's just been a LONG time since I've had to do this, and I don't think it's ever easy, so I hope TronFAQ may come to the rescue.

Here are screens of what I see here:

REZ Handler:

No "Custom" Button showing:

UPDATE: I figured it out. On a whim, I look at REZ Handler's menus again and saw the "Main" menu option has two options! One to "Install Map .REZ file(s) from Archive" and one to "Install Mod .REZ file(s) from Archive". Ahaa!!! A subtle distinction (Map vs. Mod), and one I didn't see in my first attempt, but a very important one. I did the "Mod" one and I now see the "Custom" button. Okay, I think I'll be able to play now. Thanks! Sorry for cluttering up the thread.

I'm getting out of here right now, and you guys are invited. -----^

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Sunday, March, 08, 2009 12:26 AM

Don't use "Install Map .REZ File(s) from Archive" from the Main menu in REZ Handler.

Use "Install Mod .REZ File(s) from Archive" instead. Then you'll see the Custom button.

And if you Derez (make it inactive) the User Error .REZ that you see in the "Active Map .REZ Files" box, you can delete it. It's just taking up extra space.

Maps and mods aren't the same thing, even though they do both come as .REZ files. Which I know is confusing.

Whenever I get around to finishing REZ Handler 2.0, I'll improve the way it handles these things . . . to make it even easier.

Traahn
User

on Sunday, March, 08, 2009 12:32 AM
What in the world??! Do you have a red Commissioner's phone in your home or something, where any time a post is made here you get immediately alerted?? Or do you have a pager that goes off on your belt?? LOL You're quick. You had the correct solution. You were typing that as I was typing the update to my post above. My apologies if I woke you up (your pager went off or something) by me posting to your thread

I'm getting out of here right now, and you guys are invited. -----^

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Sunday, March, 08, 2009 12:48 AM

Haha . . . no, pure chance that I dropped in late to check up on the Sector, and saw your post.

Glad to know you've got it working. Like I said, I'll improve the next version to avoid that Map vs. Mod confusion in the future.

Green Tank Commander
User

on Wednesday, March, 18, 2009 9:55 PM
I think my copy of UE is ver 1. Will I need to delete it and download UE 2 or will automatically replace it ? I need to do something because UE wont play now. I've made sure the box is checked under option but it still loads the regular (TRON2.0) game.order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pillwhere to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

-------------------------------------------------------
"Range 9. Mark, 45. 48 degrees...Hold it...Hold it. FIRE!"

Flynn should never have written all those tank programs.

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Wednesday, March, 18, 2009 11:11 PM

Green Tank Commander Wrote:I think my copy of UE is ver 1. Will I need to delete it and download UE 2 or will automatically replace it ?
Delete and replace. You can download UE2 from here. The download link is also in the first post of this thread.

If you use too many map packs, it can prevent the UE2 mod from working. If you use REZ Handler, it will automatically inform you of that and let you manage the active map packs to keep them under the limit.

Oniell Ford
User

on Wednesday, August, 19, 2009 11:54 AM
Ladies and Gentlemen,

I am filming and uploading a Walkthrough of the TRON 2.0: User Error mod onto YouTube. I will not be including any custom music into it unless I see fit.

I am doing this to gain interest and support for the fantastic mod that has been created by LDSO and Meatsack.

I have only uploaded Part One, so here is my YouTube channel...
http://www.youtube.com/OniellFord
I hope you you guys like it. abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

zook_one
User

on Monday, August, 24, 2009 8:00 PM
Thanks for making the walkthroughs!

[LDSO] LIVING DEAD SYSTEM OPERATORS www.LDSO.net

DarthMeow504
User

on Thursday, April, 01, 2010 7:46 AM
I'm nearly finished the expansion, and I have to say that I've enjoyed it and been impressed at several points throughout.

However, I must say that nothing tops the final levels with the recognizer dumps and energy trees for sheer awesomeness of imagery. TRON 2.0 is a beautiful game on average and frequently sublime, but that one takes it to another level. Just breathtaking, and bar none the most awe-inspiring of them all --better even than the best of the official game.

It's one thing to enjoy a map, and have fun playing it, and quite another to be just stunned by it's visuals and not wanting to move on. I found myself going through it multiple times just examining the use of shapes and colors and the visual design elements, getting inspiration and immersing myself in the atmosphere, which was just breathtaking.

Like Avatar audiences wanting to live in Pandora, I want to build a home in that recognizer dump. And if I can get the hang of the level editor, I'll be taking some visual design inspiration from those levels.

Please make more.

zook_one
User

on Saturday, April, 03, 2010 1:14 PM
Wow, thanks for the kind words DarthMeow504. The LDSO all worked very diligently for a long time on UE2. I'm certainly proud with what the team was able to produce and levels I created (Recognizer Hanger and Canyon). I was inspired by the original movie. The idea for the trees came from MadJack's game Tank Universal. Check that indie game out if you haven't tried it yet.

Thanks again for your support. I'm working on a massive new Derez Map currently for multiplayer. I hope to release it sometime this summer so stayed tuned...

-Zwhere to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

DarthMeow504
User

on Monday, April, 05, 2010 4:02 AM
zook_one Wrote:Wow, thanks for the kind words DarthMeow504. The LDSO all worked very diligently for a long time on UE2. I'm certainly proud with what the team was able to produce and levels I created (Recognizer Hanger and Canyon). I was inspired by the original movie. The idea for the trees came from MadJack's game Tank Universal. Check that indie game out if you haven't tried it yet.

Thanks again for your support. I'm working on a massive new Derez Map currently for multiplayer. I hope to release it sometime this summer so stayed tuned...

-Z

I loved your use of color... the blacks with bright neon accents were just so awesome. I want my apartment to look like that.

Did you also make the gridbugs? That was so awesome seeing them, especially as they never appeared in the original game much to my dismay. Seeing them was just a total treat!
abortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

zook_one
User

on Tuesday, April, 06, 2010 12:31 AM
The grid bugs made themselves, sneaky little hacks...

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Saturday, April, 17, 2010 1:55 AM

The team at LDSO are going to release an updated version of User Error 2 shortly, that will work in widescreen resolutions.

You will need to install the Killer App Mod first, in order to get widescreen. If you don't want widescreen, then you won't need the KA Mod either. (But it would be nice if you still checked it out anyway! )

Other than new widescreen support, there will also be some bug fixes. But there are no significant changes to gameplay. So unless you care about widescreen, there is no need to download UE2 again.

Keep your eyes open for a download link to the updated UE2, very soon.

staticmunk
User

on Sunday, April, 25, 2010 10:24 PM
i have windows vista 2009 edition im trying to load the rez files and user error 2 and it seems no to work please help id be so grateful.

FirstPrevious Page: of 7 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  Tron 2.0 
 User Error Single Player Expansion