Fan Fiction & Art 
 Tron Dictionary/Thesaurus

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 2 PagesNextLast
gRiD_89a
User

on Sunday, January, 22, 2006 12:09 AM
After completing my listed notes on the script for the 5 minute trailer it got me thinking...

We need a tron thesaurus/dictionary to create dialogues for scripts

I call out to everyone to help build this

This is public & free to use. Even Disney if they give us our
game and movie sequel!

Feel free to append more onto an existing entry and I will update it here!

Please note I will casually edit entries I place here but you still get the credit for your contributions!!!! As seen blow

[gRiD_89a]Patch Routine: Heal, repair damage, bandaid
Program: A person in the digital world created by a user to
perform a function(s)
User: A real person; considered by some programs not real
I/O Node: Communications device for programs

[FreedomForever]End of line: period, end of conversation
Bit brain: An Insult (stupid, dumb)
Derez/Drezz: to die, death, died

[Traahn]Null: An Insult (not important , no value?)

[Kamui.exe]Header: Pretty much a program's "Head"

[Tabulator]Script: insignific program; kid, young
Cool your circuits: calm down, chill out
Prisoner bin: Holding area; jail
Rez in: Call, create, or teleport
Ram!: sound effect(impact), exclamation
Compiled on: Attatched
Compile: Crush (May be a program's play on words)
Function: Ability
Maintain ready status: qary, cautious
Cycle; micro-cycle: Undefined unit of time
Unable to process your query: I can't answer your question
Next line: End of sentence
Permissions: Access privalages
Warez, scuzzy warez, junk data: Insult, belittling terms

[Compucore]System memory - Your own memory on a particular computer system which you are on.

Compiled - To be created by users on a particular system; birth.

Compiler - a program to convert either high or low level code from the user into a program.

The contributions have been great, if you have nethign to expand on existing words that would be great!

[PrinceAuron]
I/O Tower ~ Communication Tower one of the only places to talk with a User Directly.

Game Grid ~ A series of places that don't exactly exist in the actual space of the computer, but are generated as soon as they are needed, and derezzed when not in use. Used for Prisoners mostly, as a sort of Gladiator-style game.

Data Wraiths ~ Trained Users who go into the system and steal information, money, and other such digital material, and transfer said material into a new computer system. Data Wraiths, when derezzed, are shot out of the system as opposed to actually dying.

Resource Hogs ~ Hostile programs who enjoy sucking up as much memory and energy from the computer as possible. It is unclear what there ultimate goal is.

ICPs ~ These are soldier-type programs who are used to battle incoming programs who should not be in the system. This would include Data Wraiths, Resource Hogs, Hostile Users, etc.

Corruption ~ Our word for these programs would be "Virus". They start small and grow with each program they touch. The source of the corruption comes from different places, and different programs. During the events of the source of the corruption was from a corrupted Digitization between the Real World, and the Machine World.

Independent Programs ~ Not much is known about Independent Programs, other than they favor the color of yellow.

Tanks ~ Obsolete programs which were used 20 full cycles ago (20 years ago). They are read only (which means they cannot be hacked) and are invulnerable to most damage, unless they fall off a cliff then they can be derezzed.

Cycle ~ I believe one full cycle would be one full year. And a Micro Cycle would be something smaller obviously. I'm almost positive a Micro Cycle is one hour, or possibly one day. (Maybe a Macro Cycle is a month?)

FreedomForever
User

Re: Tron Dictionary/Thesaurus

on Sunday, January, 22, 2006 1:03 PM
end of line: period, and of conversation.
bit-brain: stupid person

And of course:

derezz (or however you want to spell it) : to die
abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

Traahn
User

on Saturday, February, 11, 2006 1:28 AM
I think in the movie they say, "Null bit-brain"... as in no data existing in the brain. (Not just "bit-brain.") I could be wrong though. Come to think of it, they might use both, in different places in the movie ~

order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

I'm getting out of here right now, and you guys are invited. -----^

FreedomForever
User

on Saturday, February, 11, 2006 1:06 PM
Traahn Wrote:I think in the movie they say, "Null bit-brain"... as in no data existing in the brain. (Not just "bit-brain.") I could be wrong though. Come to think of it, they might use both, in different places in the movie ~

They say null unit at one point, and then they say bit brain later. Both times is Sark talking to his lieutenant. Those red dudes need a union...

gRiD_89a
User

on Sunday, February, 12, 2006 10:59 PM
lolwhere to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

Kamui
User

on Tuesday, February, 14, 2006 3:42 PM
Header: Pretty much a program's "Head"

~Kamui.EXE

===========================
What should I put here today?
http://mediamaniacgeek.blogspot.com/
TALES OF A MEDIA GEEK

Tabulator
User

on Saturday, February, 25, 2006 4:23 PM
I found some of these from the Tron 2.0 voice files:

Script: A small, unimportant program; "kid"
"Cool your circuits": Calm down
Prisoner bin: Holding area; jail
Rez in: Call, create, or teleport
"Ram!": Sound effect of impact; exclamation
Compiled on: Attatched
Compile: Crush (May be a program's play on words)
Function: Ability
"Maintain ready status": Remain wary
Cycle; micro-cycle: Undefined unit of time
"Unable to process your query": I can't answer your question
Next line: End of sentence
Permissions: Access privalages
Warez, scuzzy warez, junk data: Insulting or demeaning terms

policy:
Disabling your firewall: Free
Acquiring your information: Free
Shipping and handling: $30

We appreciate your cooperation.

gRiD_89a
User

on Saturday, February, 25, 2006 11:19 PM
very awsome contribution!!!! DUDE

FreedomForever
User

on Friday, April, 07, 2006 9:40 PM
Gridbug food: nonsense, idiocy ("What a load of gridbug food!" "What kind of gridbug food is that?") or an insult ("You're a peice of gridbug food!")

Compucore
User

on Friday, April, 07, 2006 9:53 PM
System memory- Your own memory on a particular computer system which you are on.

Compiled- To be create from code that the users had used on a particular system.

Compiler- a program to convert either high or low level code from the user into a program.

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

To compute or not to compute that is the question at hand. Tis nobler to compile in C++ or in TASM.

PrinceAuron
User

on Saturday, April, 08, 2006 12:55 AM
I/O Tower ~ Communication Tower one of the only places to talk with a User Directly.

Game Grid ~ A series of places that don't exactly exist in the actual space of the computer, but are generated as soon as they are needed, and derezzed when not in use. Used for Prisoners mostly, as a sort of Gladiator-style game.

Data Wraiths ~ Trained Users who go into the system and steal information, money, and other such digital material, and transfer said material into a new computer system. Data Wraiths, when derezzed, are shot out of the system as opposed to actually dying.

Resource Hogs ~ Hostile programs who enjoy sucking up as much memory and energy from the computer as possible. It is unclear what there ultimate goal is.

ICPs ~ These are soldier-type programs who are used to battle incoming programs who should not be in the system. This would include Data Wraiths, Resource Hogs, Hostile Users, etc.

Corruption ~ Our word for these programs would be "Virus". They start small and grow with each program they touch. The source of the corruption comes from different places, and different programs. During the events of the source of the corruption was from a corrupted Digitization between the Real World, and the Machine World.

Independent Programs ~ Not much is known about Independent Programs, other than they favor the color of yellow.

Tanks ~ Obsolete programs which were used 20 full cycles ago (20 years ago). They are read only (which means they cannot be hacked) and are invulnerable to most damage, unless they fall off a cliff then they can be derezzed.

Cycle ~ I believe one full cycle would be one full year. And a Micro Cycle would be something smaller obviously. I'm almost positive a Micro Cycle is one hour, or possibly one day. (Maybe a Macro Cycle is a month?)

JJ Gregarius
User

on Tuesday, June, 20, 2006 9:37 PM
To derezz: (etymology: from Deresolution)

To rezz: To create(etymology: backformation from Derezz?)

Logic probe: device for breaking through an energy barrier (Real-world: access to a process's private memory via some OS feature available to "high-clearance" (super-user/administrator/etc) programs?)

Data transport beam: Pretty much what it says: a beam that transmits data around the system. (Real World: Anything from interprocess communication to network transmissions systems, depending on the situation)

Sector, Domain: Division of the Electionic World. Domains are divided into sectors. Real World significance unclear.

To "touch a beam": To move to another location using the data transport beam system, epecially via a *vehicle* (as opposed to transporting).

To transport: To be scanned, pulled into a transport beam, and reassembled at another "transporter." (In other words, Beam me up, SCTTY!)

Program: Generally, a electronic world "alter-ego" to a Users. A program is a piece of the "soul" of a User in the electrionic world.

(note: Programs also appear to be like real-world processes? Question: If you shut down a process, does the program derezz in the Electronic World?)

Cycle: Basic time unit in the electronic world. Connection to time passage in the Real World is unclear.

A Program's Cycles: Time allocated to a program by the operating system or control program.

Control Program: Supervisor program: manages and rations system resources by other programs. An operating system, basically.

Master Control Program:
Name for the integrated artificial intelligence, systems analysis and operating system software for the ENCOM computer system.

JJ Gregarius: Entity that cannot determine when a thread is ancient. (See: Cycle)

disc100
User

on Tuesday, June, 20, 2006 9:43 PM
I/O Node:An item used for speaking with another program

Digitilization Process:The process used when someone or something is digitized

TRON:The famous program that fights for the users to defeat the MCP

Code Optimization Ware (a.k.a COW):A program used to upgrade Sub-routines from Alpha to Beta then to Gold

Profiler:A Sub-routine used to find out about a certain program.It will tell you what Sub-routines they have,thier permissions,and their names.This Sub-routine starts at the Alpha stage and ends in the Gold stage

Y-Amp:A Sub-routine used to jump higher.This Sub-routine starts in the Alpha stage and ends in the Gold stage

Idenity Disc:The main weapon used by all programs to defend themselves

LOL (the weapon):A sniper rifle-like weapon that can zoom in once

MCP:A program that grows bigger with every other program it can pull in.The MCP started as a mere chess program but then it grew bigger and started sucking in other programs.Later derezzed by Tron at the end of the movie

Ok programs that is all I can think ofwhere to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

-------------------------------------------------------
Click here for a picture of air!

Click here for an Awesome picture of TRON!!!

Hikaru.EXE
User

on Tuesday, June, 20, 2006 11:14 PM
If I may inquire, I have put a little research into how long a cycle is. I managed to run my system code in DOS while timing it from start to finish.

System Cycle: A system running through all it's code once, and then running through it again. The amount of time taken to run through it varies on each system, as one may have more processes than another. It averages to around 1hr. 25min. 32sec.

Semicycle: A system checkpoint that runs at the halfway point in the code.

Macrocycle: A 10th of a full system cycle.

Microcycle: A 100th of a full system cycle.

Here, it runs into metrics. ( Very odd )

Killocycle: 1,000th of a cycle.

Hectocycle: 10,000th of a cycle.

Dekacycle: 100,000th of a cycle.

Decicycle:1,000,000th of a cycle.

Centicycle: 10,000,000th of a cycle.

Millicycle:100,000,000th of a cycle.

Nanocycle: 1,000,000,000th of a cycle, the smallest amount, might seem like a second in the digital world since movement is at the speed of light.

Tabulator
User

on Thursday, June, 22, 2006 6:55 PM
In the Tron world and scale, at least, a Cycle is the equivalent of a year and a Microcycle is the equivalent of a day

policy:
Disabling your firewall: Free
Acquiring your information: Free
Shipping and handling: $30

We appreciate your cooperation.

Autowoman
User

on Friday, January, 26, 2007 6:17 PM
I worked on a simular glossery for ReBoot. It's up at Julia-Cat's ReBoot Corner.

ReBoot Glossery: http://www.tron-sector.com/forums/default.aspx?do=top&id=327531

Autowoman (Yes, based on Automan...)

NoExcuses
User

on Friday, January, 26, 2007 6:58 PM
Autowoman Wrote:I worked on a simular glossery for ReBoot. It's up at Julia-Cat's ReBoot Corner.

ReBoot Glossery: http://www.tron-sector.com/forums/default.aspx?do=top&id=327531
ReBoot! I absolutely loved that show! I re-found it on YouTube a few months back, and watched all of seasons 1, 2 and 3 again (I'd only seen a handful of episodes from season 1 and 2 when it first aired, and that was years ago), and then I bought the DVD and watched season 4. My favourite character has gotta be Megabyte, 'cos he's just such a good villain (and we all know that you can't be a villian without an English accent)!

Oh, and for some reason, that link just links back to this thread.order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

Autowoman
User

on Friday, January, 26, 2007 7:37 PM
That's odd...

http://www.rbcorner.com/glossary.html
Edit: I think I accidently copy-and-pasted the wrong url...

My page on ReBoot Time Scales: http://www.geocities.com/draka_dracula/RBTime.html
At least, as far as ReBoot goes, I use the listed time scale. It's easier for me.abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

Pulsewoman
User

on Saturday, January, 27, 2007 12:21 AM
Hmm. This reminds me...many years ago, on a now-defunct, smaller Tron fansite, we compiled our own list of computer-world slang. Some of it from the movie (not Tron 2.0, either version, or Kingdom Hearts II--they wouldn't be out for several years!), some of it made up ourselves, some of it funnier/more clever than others. But guess what? I still have it! I wrote the thread down by hand in one of my old notebooks. (I was using my WebTV at the time and that can't save. Doesn't have a hard drive.)

If anybody wants to see it, I won't post it all directly in the thread, but this should be the link to it. I still think some of these are pretty funny. Do programs have breakfast at the serial port? (cracks up)
(In case you're wondering who MIR and PRIZ are, they're the equivalents of YORI and TRON from that Addventure thread I wrote at around the same time period that had the main character of that game/story, Scott Chen, getting digitised into CHEN.EXE. I had fun writing that. I don't know how many people actually saw it, but cheesy though it is, I had fun...)

Oh, and Autowoman? As a fellow Switchverse cybercharacter, I gotta say: love the new avatar. And I got something you might find interesting. Go here and scroll all the way down.
Bwahahah.

As for Reboot, I just recently found it and am starting to watch it. I remember, back then, anytime I mentioned that I liked "Tron" _everybody else_ on the forum would start GASPING out in shock: "You haven't seen REBOOT?! YOU haven't seen REBOOT?!"
Considering that, I guess I _had_ to look it up eventually, huh? :P

...Notorious

There are only two rules for success in life:

1. Never tell everything you know.

Autowoman
User

on Saturday, January, 27, 2007 12:52 AM
Funny!

And nice collection of Tron stuff.

As for that article, I have the magazne that it's in. Don't know where it is right now, but I have it.

Page: of 2 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 Fan Fiction & Art