TRON and Discs of TRON Arcade 
 New World Record on Tron

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments: FirstPrevious Page: of 4 PagesNextLast
dctron
User

Re: New World Record on Tron

on Thursday, September, 15, 2005 10:45 AM

Thanks Traahn. I don't think I'm ready to be called a Jedi yet. Although that is my next all time favorite set of movies. I have one more quest to go which starts three weekends from now. Only if I succeed, a Jedi I can be.

With a little training, anyone can become a good player.
The ability to go for hours might be the hardest part. There has to be some kind of motivation to even want to play that long. Right now, I'm highly motivated. (Unlike watching a karate movie and wanting to learn karate). Kevin (my son) is also going to try to better his score.

I always wanted to fly jet fighters. But I wear glasses, so that really was not possible. Thank goodness for flight simulators.

Tron WR 14,007,645

TheJediUnit
User

on Sunday, September, 18, 2005 10:57 PM
Ultra congrats, DCTron.

I have a Tron game myself, but not for any extreme gaming like that. I have it around as a sort of personal icon and treasure of grand time of my youth, in both gaming and film. I'm sure you understand. I'm embarrassed to admit, I actually play it so poorly, even in regular gaming standards, I've only made it to the recognizers once in my life, and not since I bought the game for myself even, but back when I was a kid. I was so excited I lost my last guy jumping.

Currently, I'd like to learn how to play the game well, but can't get that kind of personal time together. That's what the future's for, eh?

What I was most excited about when learning of your achievement is that Tron as a cultural identity is still alive and strong, and your new record is keeping it relevant today in a great way. I could almost hear all the programs cheering ala the galaxy cheering Palpatine's death.

Many, many kudos. And perhaps, down the road, you might take me on as apprentice to your mastery! My game would be honored I'm sure to be subject to your learnings and techniques.

Cheers.

"Having is not as pleasing a thing as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true."
--Spock

Will D
User

on Tuesday, September, 20, 2005 2:21 AM
Looks like I missed out on all the excitement. Good job. I only have 6.5 million to go to break your record.order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pill

Will D
User

on Tuesday, September, 20, 2005 2:22 AM
What was the thing in the article about the boat on spiders or upsidedown cone? Any other cool tricks to help me get to 300,000?

wwwmwww
User

on Tuesday, September, 20, 2005 9:55 AM
DcTron,

I'm not in a position to take advantage of such a document at the moment but have you considered writing a stratagy guide for TRON. Something with all your tips, patterns, if hosted here at Tron-Sector you could even put in videos. Wasn't it you that created that video that shows how to kill all the spiders on the first level? I think a collection of stuff like that would be great to keep here at the sector. It's not my website so I hate to speak for everyone but I find it hard to think anyone would object.

Just my 2 cents. If anyone is qualified to create such a guide... you are.

Carl

dctron
User

on Tuesday, September, 20, 2005 9:56 AM
TheJediUnit Wrote:Ultra congrats, DCTron.

I have a Tron game myself, but not for any extreme gaming like that. I have it around as a sort of personal icon and treasure of grand time of my youth, in both gaming and film. I'm sure you understand. I'm embarrassed to admit, I actually play it so poorly, even in regular gaming standards, I've only made it to the recognizers once in my life, and not since I bought the game for myself even, but back when I was a kid. I was so excited I lost my last guy jumping.

Currently, I'd like to learn how to play the game well, but can't get that kind of personal time together. That's what the future's for, eh?

What I was most excited about when learning of your achievement is that Tron as a cultural identity is still alive and strong, and your new record is keeping it relevant today in a great way. I could almost hear all the programs cheering ala the galaxy cheering Palpatine's death.

Many, many kudos. And perhaps, down the road, you might take me on as apprentice to your mastery! My game would be honored I'm sure to be subject to your learnings and techniques.

Cheers.
Hi TheJediUnit. Thanks. I'm really glad to do my part to keep Tron alive. Tron is very special to me as it is to many, many people.

I would be happy to help you improve your gameplay.

It's important to have good patterns. And, in the tank levels, I always start the levels the same way. That way, there is no chance of making a mistake due to the wrong pattern for the wrong level. With the exception of the recognizers, I will always go half way into the top of the warp diamond and pick off the tanks from there.

My light cycle patterns usually start the same way. I adjust the pattern based on how the cycles move.

The cones require a good trigger finger. If you don't know which direction the cone is going to move in, it is better to look at the cone and determine the direction before commiting to a direction. If you guess wrong, it can be very hard to correct. If you wait and see, you will still have enough time to react without having to panic. Also, shooting in an almost veritcal line (slight angle) until you break through and then almost horizontal to complete.

For the grid bugs, the sooner you can make your way up the sides, the better. If you wait too long picking off the bugs at the bottom, the sides may replicate too much and you will have to try to get to the other side.

Let me know of any specific levels that you would like help with, and I can post video or hints.order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

Tron WR 14,007,645

dctron
User

on Tuesday, September, 20, 2005 10:34 AM
Will D Wrote:What was the thing in the article about the boat on spiders or upsidedown cone? Any other cool tricks to help me get to 300,000?
The article was referring to when I lost on the grid bugs because I got trapped at the bottom. I wasn't able to shoot fast enough at the time to get out of it.

If you tell me what level you are having trouble with, I will give you hints to get past it.

Once you get past the fast tanks (around 200k), the tanks never go fast again. If you have good patterns to get to 200k, you would have seen all the levels at least once, so it is just a matter of repeating the levels.

Once you've developed good patterns and can recognize what level you are on quickly, getting higher scores will become alot easier.order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

Tron WR 14,007,645

dctron
User

on Tuesday, September, 20, 2005 11:15 AM
wwwmwww WrotecTron,

I'm not in a position to take advantage of such a document at the moment but have you considered writing a stratagy guide for TRON. Something with all your tips, patterns, if hosted here at Tron-Sector you could even put in videos. Wasn't it you that created that video that shows how to kill all the spiders on the first level? I think a collection of stuff like that would be great to keep here at the sector. It's not my website so I hate to speak for everyone but I find it hard to think anyone would object.

Just my 2 cents. If anyone is qualified to create such a guide... you are.
Carl
Most people seem to have their own unique style of play. There is no one right way to complete each level. This is mostly true for the tanks and light cycles.

The cones have an optimal way of beating them.

The grid bugs allow for some variety as each attempt at the same levels may be different.

If there is enough interest in a strategy guide, I would be happy to try to create one with the help of my son, Kevin.

I could start by posting videos for each level.

Any feedback on what everyone would like to see would be helpful.

A new topic can be created for gameplay help.

Tron WR 14,007,645

TheJediUnit
User

on Tuesday, September, 20, 2005 6:56 PM
Awesome tips!

I will employ them the next time I fire the ol' baby up.

"Having is not as pleasing a thing as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true."
--Spock

Joey Connelly
User

on Saturday, September, 24, 2005 1:17 PM
Congratulations on destroying the previous high score! Woot!

~ Joey's Arcade ~

Traahn
User

on Saturday, September, 24, 2005 8:27 PM
Welcome to the sector, Joey. And cool arcade you have there I like your Dragon's Lair poster. Funny thing, I was just looking up Dragon's Lair on the web the other night.

I'm getting out of here right now, and you guys are invited. -----^

Joey Connelly
User

on Saturday, September, 24, 2005 9:08 PM
Thanks! That poster is an original from '83 that was printed up to advertise the game. A few of 'em show up on eBay every now and then, but there are also online shops which sell them year-round.order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

~ Joey's Arcade ~

flynnsplace
User

on Tuesday, October, 04, 2005 3:37 AM
My highscore is 175k (dont remember the last 3 digits)

I average out around 120k

yeah I would need some proof on that 4 Mill....sorry to sound harsh. But if you are going to have a claim that surpasses anything on twingalaxies, you really should have a pic or some vid to back it up before you made the post.

I have a machine I would gladly let you use (in new jersey, not sure where you live) I will even video tape it. Hell if you get even over 2 million I will give you my machine

guess I owe you a Tron machine

Congrats! and if you want you are more than welcome to collect my Tron machine (mostly restored)

I am a man of my word

...simply amazing...............abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

===========================
"on the other side of the screen it looks so easy"

dctron
User

on Wednesday, October, 05, 2005 10:43 AM
flynnsplace Wrote:
My highscore is 175k (dont remember the last 3 digits)

I average out around 120k

yeah I would need some proof on that 4 Mill....sorry to sound harsh. But if you are going to have a claim that surpasses anything on twingalaxies, you really should have a pic or some vid to back it up before you made the post.

I have a machine I would gladly let you use (in new jersey, not sure where you live) I will even video tape it. Hell if you get even over 2 million I will give you my machine

guess I owe you a Tron machine

Congrats! and if you want you are more than welcome to collect my Tron machine (mostly restored)

I am a man of my word

...simply amazing...............
Thanks.

I would be happy to play Tron on your machine and get two million in person. I'm not sure yet when I will be going back to NJ. It could be as soon as Thanksgiving or some other Holiday.

I'll accept a digital picture instead of the actual machine.

I'm practicing for my next challenge. This one has no guarantees even though I really believe I can do it.

10,000,000 points on Tron. Since I few people mentioned it including the Associate Producer of Tron, I will gladly take on this challenge.abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

Tron WR 14,007,645

flynnsplace
User

on Wednesday, October, 05, 2005 8:45 PM
well you're more the welcome to stop by.
(as well as anyone from tron-sector)

congrats again!

===========================
"on the other side of the screen it looks so easy"

Will D
User

on Friday, October, 14, 2005 12:17 PM
dctron, what do you do on the first 12 levels of light cycles?

1 ^>^^^>^>^ > v < v

etc?

Will D
User

on Saturday, October, 15, 2005 4:24 PM
Got your email, just by saying your cycle patterns are all slow gives me a lot to look into. One more question, would you say that cycles is the most difficult or which part do you lose your 4 lives on typically?order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

dctron
User

on Saturday, October, 15, 2005 5:32 PM
I never lose on the light cycles (hardly ever).

Each game for me is different.

Sometimes, I would lose mostly on grid bugs and other times, tanks and grid bugs.

The cones would occasionally get me if I am not paying attention.

I have one set of slow patterns that I will post if requested that will help in your search for the perfect patterns.

I never used slow patterns until I got my arcade machine.

Let me know if you want me to post some patterns or if you just want to experiment for a while.abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

Tron WR 14,007,645

Will D
User

on Tuesday, October, 18, 2005 2:01 PM
Can you post the slow patterns for COBOL and BASIC, I'll try to figure out the rest based on that.

dctron
User

on Thursday, October, 20, 2005 2:43 PM
Here is a link to slow light cycle patterns for every level.

http://www.paperpengo.com/Tron/TronCycles.avi
The last 5 repeat, so there are 9 patterns in all.

There are many other ways to do the last 5, but I found these interesting enough to want to post them.

Tron WR 14,007,645

FirstPrevious Page: of 4 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON and Discs of TRON Arcade 
 New World Record on Tron